• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well actually...

And it's called Anti-Upskirt Technology.
Nora's became outdated for V4 much to Ren's pleasure.

Darn I didn't get the name right...
Well, V4 is much more different compare to previous volume.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah Opossum Opossum

I dont know what your talking about,

Didn't you hear the jaws remake has no sharks?

It's about a killer dentist now.

:p

I forgot to quote that earlier

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
YangXYun, SnakeXMarth, BrockXTracey.... need I say more on anything? - Afro
Yang x Yun is terrible for obvious reason. Why would anyone in the right mind want to ship two brothers? This is my issue with the TMNT and Loud House shipping communities too.

Snake x Marth doesn't make any sense at all. Unless you want a yaoi x bara approach to the relationship.

Brock x Tracey is just... weird. I don't see anything they have in common except the latter replacing the former due to racial accusations with his closed eyes and him being seen as a poor man's Brock with a drawing gimmick. I've never hated Tracey as a character, but he was "just there" and boring.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
From GameXplain's Yooka-Laylee Q&A: "Is Wario a playable character?"

wat
He should be in.

*people angrily discussing Jantran*
*Playtonic posts a trailer of Wario unleashing a massive fart*
*people forget the drama and start praising The Garlic Overlord*

Problem solved.

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
Yang x Yun is terrible for obvious reason. Why would anyone in the right mind want to ship two brothers? This is my issue with the TMNT and Loud House shipping communities too.

Snake x Marth doesn't make any sense at all. Unless you want a yaoi x bara approach to the relationship.

Brock x Tracey is just... weird. I don't see anything they have in common except the latter replacing the former due to racial accusations with his closed eyes and him being seen as a poor man's Brock with a drawing gimmick. I've never hated Tracey as a character, but he was "just there" and boring.
I beg to differ, for the episode I watched today had him crack a joke about AshXMisty, something of which I got a good laugh out of! Thanks, 4kids!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I beg to differ, for the episode I watched today had him crack a joke about AshXMisty, something of which I got a good laugh out of! Thanks, 4kids!
Seriously? What's the episode named, I would like to see it myself.

Also, you can vote for your waifu or husbando while you're here.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

People bringing up RWBY just makes me realize how far back I am

Season 4 started forever ago and I got left behind so quickly :(
*proceeds to sing Mirror Mirror to self*

Chrono.

Well, I beat all 4 Divine Beast dungeons in BOTW.

They were all pretty fun, but I kinda didn't like all 4 of them sharing the same gimmick because by the third one it was starting to wear thin on me somewhat. Plus even them having a different color scheme would've helped them feel a little less same-y.

That being said, all bosses were fun to fight. Waterblight less so, but I was under equipped for that one. Thunderblight and Fireblight were my favorites, both of them felt like I actually needed skill to win and not just "spam whatever item is related to the dungeon". Thunderblight was especially challenging, had to actually use Shield Parrying and the second phase was really fun.

Overall I'm pleased with the bosses, not as much with the dungeons but I still liked them.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I've seen season 1 of RWBY. That's it.

Yet I've rewatched the entirety of Red vs Blue 2 or 3 times, including the miniseries!

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
That feeling when you realize that a random anime fan named Yellowlord (wait....), an anime fan that likes Fire Emblem and witch girls running from graveyards named @Shishœ, and an anime fan that just so happens to consider Mario his favorite character named mario123007 mario123007 seem to be the main fans of LWA here on the NintenZone. Anime circle now confirmed between the three of us? Because that's what it appears to be like. :p

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
WHOA HEY IT'S THAT GUY
"Oh haha, what's going on old sport?"

Dat boi's small resurgence a few weeks ago brought me immense joy to annoy people with the meme they thought died a horrible death a year ago.

Whelp, back into the void! :estatic:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That feeling when you realize that a random anime fan named Yellowlord (wait....), an anime fan that likes Fire Emblem and witch girls running from graveyards named @Shishœ, and an anime fan that just so happens to consider Mario his favorite character named mario123007 mario123007 seem to be the main fans of LWA. Anime circle now confirmed between us three? Because that's what it appears to be like. :p
Also an anime fan who has a huge Monado in his signature.
I know there is an anime discussion thread, but I don't go there much.
You can also check my profile description that shows my favorite anime.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Basically how I feel about Dark Link x Link and Dark Pit x Pit.

Then again, I've always hated the light x dark ships for a long time. Even I would facepalm if a Dark Asuka exists and the SK fandom starts shipping them because it's "cute". :rolleyes:
Oh, Dark Pit x Pit.

I'm sure there's ships that I would disagree with more, but yeah I definitely agree on that being a ship I don't see the logic in either, LOL.

Dark Pit is pretty much a clone of Pit that got glitched mid-creation into essentially being his own dark side shoved into a second body, to the point of at minimum causing any damage or disruption to Pit's soul to also happen to Dark Pit. Never mind the fact that for Dark Pit to even make the "I'm the original and you're the faker" mistake in the first place they almost certainly share memories from prior to the split.

One's dark side is typically the part of one's self that gets repressed, as in what we don't like about ourselves. There's probably an element of Pit being what Dark Pit doesn't want to see in himself too, as two sides of a coin each one is kind of the other's shadow. While Pit is pretty happy to be friends with anybody that isn't currently the bad guy in a situation, Dark Pit's attitude towards him still kind of annoys him.

Well, then there's the fact that Dark Pit tried to kill Pit several times basically because Pit annoyed him that much before he realized he didn't have much of a choice in the matter. And Pit tried to kill Dark Pit as well, although that was more out of orders, genre complacency, and Dark Pit attacking first. Dark Pit eventually having his hand forced combined with the two of them bailing each other out seems like it would hypothetically soften that tension at least a bit, although being on opposite sides of a fight with actual stakes will probably still end in friction.

I think they do have the capacity to at least get along. Not perfectly, even in the best of worlds there'd probably always be the odd childish spat. But if you think hard enough about it, it'd almost be like a tangible version of coming to terms with your deepest insecurities.

You'd end up accepting them, but would you really want to romance them?

. . .Mention chickens, get a chicken Hubba test.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Pit X Viridi is the only acceptable Kid Icarus ship

(Other than Magnus and Gaol but that is cheating)
Hey, I'd be more curious to see how Magnus and Gaol get along than any other hypothetical Kid Icarus ship, cheating or no.

That ship's got such smooth sailing it may as well have created a trade route. May as well see what happens on board.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well, I beat all 4 Divine Beast dungeons in BOTW.

They were all pretty fun, but I kinda didn't like all 4 of them sharing the same gimmick because by the third one it was starting to wear thin on me somewhat. Plus even them having a different color scheme would've helped them feel a little less same-y.

That being said, all bosses were fun to fight. Waterblight less so, but I was under equipped for that one. Thunderblight and Fireblight were my favorites, both of them felt like I actually needed skill to win and not just "spam whatever item is related to the dungeon". Thunderblight was especially challenging, had to actually use Shield Parrying and the second phase was really fun.

Overall I'm pleased with the bosses, not as much with the dungeons but I still liked them.
For the most part they still had their thematic differences relating to their respective themes...Ruta had water based puzzles, Rudania had fire, Naboris had electricity and Medoh had wind...Unlike in previous titles the entire dungeon's aesthetics aren't based on these themes this time...while they are very similar to each other they differ greatly from the world you're exploring which IMO still keeps them fresh, especially considering how much time I put into the game in between each one, also a reason why I never really got bored of the interiors of the shrines which once again still had some thematic aspects within them that made them more or less unique to eachother...

I try to think of the Divine Beasts as only part of the "dungeons" of this game as there was a whole set-up within their respective areas to get to the Divine Beasts as well as the little boss fight to enter them...

The Bosses were ok I thought, neither of them really stood out compared to other Zelda bosses apart from their unconventional appearance, Thunderblight stood out the most to me because it was the most difficult of the four which in turn made it pretty fun since I actually had to work for the kill...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm turning the RPG I'm working on into a cartoon. Similar to Adventure Time where it's a post apocalypse show. It's got a mix of humans and animal people. It takes place 3000 years in the future, 5017. I guess this post is pretty vague.

The cartoon is called Cosmic Mischief. It's called that cause the main character is named Cosmo, not that it has a lot of outer space things, and it's a "sequel" to a comic my brother did called Comic Mischief. I say it's a "sequel" cause the comics take place in 2005. :p

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Pit X Viridi is the only acceptable Kid Icarus ship

(Other than Magnus and Gaol but that is cheating)
Yes. Better than Palutena x Pit for sure.

*police sirens*

Oh boy, here comes and angry Pitena shippers.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Found out on GameXplain's 50 questions about Yooka-Laylee that the console versions of the game will be at 30 fps.

A bit of a shame, but as long as its consistent, I don't mind.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
"Oh haha, what's going on old sport?"

Dat boi's small resurgence a few weeks ago brought me immense joy to annoy people with the meme they thought died a horrible death a year ago.

Whelp, back into the void! :estatic:
Bye, Space Dandy- I mean Space Stranger
Bunny Camilla.

Not as showy as I expected actually.

you know what.. that is actually really pretty on her. That is actually pretty cute

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom