• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oh my
Now which one of you is in charge?

Perlmutter's stupid, but I don't think he's stupid enough to sandbag one of the company's mascots
He and I had an entire debate about this, and I forgot what the result was. With how our convos go though, I'm pretty sure I am.

We're both subs with switch preference though.(I like to be dom more than he does though. :p)

Wait, how did I start talking about BDSM?

D

Deleted member

Camilla is a victim of the Avatar mechanic. Had she been written to be just as protective to all of her siblings, she could have been a great character, because the idea of one whose main trait is "hurt my lil sister and I'll chop ur head off" is actually quite funny but mostly makes a likeable one in the form of a motherly care.
But instead we have to watch as she is degraded into someone who just wants to suck Corrin's **** and acts like her other siblings don't exist.

Her suppirts with Xander are actually quite enjoyable and her supports with Niles are probably one of her best(they even manage to put some sexual jokes in the middle without hurting its quality).
And both her in Conquest with Hinoka are my favorite moments of her, her battle quote in C11 and later in C24 where she puts her axe on Hinoka's throat and says "shut up and do what my sister says u lil *****"(paraphrased).

But at least she makes one hell of a Wyvern Lord(lol malig knight lol)
I don't watch Size Inconsistencies featuring Lesbian Rocks, sorry
You should though.
It's like if Madoka Magicka was an western cartoon with 10 times more episodes and songs in a 1-in-each3 episodes ratio
I agree that representation is good and helps LGBT people but I wouldn't go as far to say that the lack of LGBT in entertainment is what causes high suicide/homeless rates among LGBT people.
Technically, it can cause.
The lack of representation causes them to feel like they aren't human and lose hope, which can in turn cause depression and we know where that goes from there.
I wouldn't say it's the number one cause but it certainly is related
Sorry, but only @Shishœ and I are allowed to make BDSM jokes. :p
Great, now you're gonna give everyone the wrong impression

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh my
Now which one of you is in charge?

Perlmutter's stupid, but I don't think he's stupid enough to sandbag one of the company's mascots
I'd hope so, but considering that X-Men was such huge success for them before the Avengers, I'm not ruling everything out yet.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Finally got my computer back, phew.

. . .Now to start the repair process for my Nintendo Switch so I can actually reliably use it as a handheld. No better time to do it than when the least number of games and events I want to play on it are in the middle of releasing.

Which is going to be a little bit difficult to continue to progress with past what I have already right now since the printer I was trying to use to print out the shipping label is apparently out of ink.

:awesome::awesome::awesome:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

Often when we think about human-computer interfacing, we often think about how it can already enhance our own lives already. But, as it turns out, this sort of stuff has application for those with disabilities and handicaps. Reading articles like this gives more hope that we can solve so many health issues with our ever expanding understanding of tech.

D

Deleted member

Camilla is a victim of the Avatar mechanic. Had she been written to be just as protective to all of her siblings, she could have been a great character, because the idea of one whose main trait is "hurt my lil sister and I'll chop ur head off" is actually quite funny but mostly makes a likeable one in the form of a motherly care.
But instead we have to watch as she is degraded into someone who just wants to suck Corrin's **** and acts like her other siblings don't exist.

Her suppirts with Xander are actually quite enjoyable and her supports with Niles are probably one of her best(they even manage to put some sexual jokes in the middle without hurting its quality).
And both her in Conquest with Hinoka are my favorite moments of her, her battle quote in C11 and later in C24 where she puts her axe on Hinoka's throat and says "shut up and do what my sister says u lil *****"(paraphrased).

But at least she makes one hell of a Wyvern Lord(lol malig knight lol)

You should though.
It's like if Madoka Magicka was an western cartoon with 10 times more episodes and songs in a 1-in-each3 episodes ratio

Technically, it can cause.
The lack of representation causes them to feel like they aren't human and lose hope, which can in turn cause depression and we know where that goes from there.
I wouldn't say it's the number one cause but it certainly is related

Great, now you're gonna give everyone the wrong impression
I don't think the lack of representation alone can do that is what I mean, I think stuff like lack of anyone in their personal life supporting them and harassment are bbigger issues.

And theirs no such thing as a wrong impression. :p

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
FE characters in bunny outfits? At least they're being shameless upfront about what their audience wants.

What an odd trajectory this series has had.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm aware of those and I agree that they're moments of greatness for the character but aside from this and how she's handled in Birthright (her overall character archetype works better when she's more clearly supposed to be antagonistic and she has some appropriately disturbing and effective lines to go with it, and she actually goes through some character growth by the end of it and while still doting, she seems a little less insane about it by the end), her character just seems so confused.

Like she seems like she could be a decent human being with a good heart and good intentions when you see the Xander supports.

Then there's the Selena supports where they just throw that all away and make her an actual sociopath.

Like Laslow and Odin have a similar conversation with Xander and Leo about what they would do when they leave, but Xander and Leo are much more cool about it and it establishes a touching bond between lord and retainer. Xander says he'd rather Laslow stick by his side as he's been such a trustworthy retainer and friend so far, but he wouldn't try to stop him if he ever tried to leave and would wish him all the best, with the assurance that Laslow would only leave if he had a very good reason for it. Leo admits that he'd probably get upset and a bit angry if Odin left him, but would come to terms with it in time and would always have him in his thoughts since he considers Odin a great friend, and would simply wait for the day he returns.

Camilla flat out says to Selena that she'd rather kill Selena herself than let her leave her, and overall there's just no satisfying conclusion to their supports.

One could interpret it as a joke on Camilla's part, but Selena still seems legitimately disturbed and it just makes it feel like Camilla literally sees Selena as her plaything.

It's like for every time you think Camilla could be just an overbearing doting person who's really a sweetheart deep down, she does like five things that make you wonder why she's considered a good guy even in Conquest.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Often when we think about human-computer interfacing, we often think about how it can already enhance our own lives already. But, as it turns out, this sort of stuff has application for those with disabilities and handicaps. Reading articles like this gives more hope that we can solve so many health issues with our ever expanding understanding of tech.
Stuff like this is always fascinating to me. Being able to use our technology to stimulate nerves or something along those lines to get limbs back in working order is pretty cool.

Though I wonder how expensive such treatments would end up being.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I'm guessing Dormammu will become the next big villain of the MCU after Thanos is defeated.

Hopefully after Dormammu is defeated the rights to Fantastic 4 will go back to Marvel, so they can use Galactus as the next big villain.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Master Bison was the true winner all along. Canny at least did better than her former alllies Balrog and Vega however. And I dare someone to post that prehistoric "meme" here.

Now these are some fan favorites that appeared in Alpha plus the closest thing to Ryu's biggest enemy. Your choices are Sakura, Dan, Charlie Nash, and Akuma. We'll see if a certain someone would like this, right @Thatkidwiththeafro? ;)

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And if you're going to rag on me for getting Sakura's last name wrong, a certain Yomi fanboy already roasted me for that.

D

Deleted member

Master Bison was the true winner all along. Canny at least did better than her former alllies Balrog and Vega however. And I dare someone to post that prehistoric "meme" here.

Now these are some fan favorites that appeared in Alpha plus the closest thing to Ryu's biggest enemy. Your choices are Sakura, Dan, Charlie Nash, and Akuma. We'll see if a certain someone would like this, right @Thatkidwiththeafro? ;)

And if you're going to rag on me for getting Sakura's last name wrong, a certain Yomi fanboy already roasted me for that.
Darn, I missed the last poll. :p

Oh well, it's fine, I was at work.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Is the bunny outfit thing really something to get worked up over?

It's just there to be silly.

Freaking Xander is getting one.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Is the bunny outfit thing really something to get worked up over?

It's just there to be silly.

Freaking Xander is getting one.
But the real question is, will they be be Bunny butlers or literally cross dressing?

Chrono.

Let me know how Snake Pass is because all the gameplay made it look more tedious than fun.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Do we even know what the outfits are going to look like? I mean, everyone is acting as if playboy bunny outfits were confirmed or something just because they said, "Dress in bunny costumes." We need some minds out of the gutter and think about what might happen instead.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
At least Fire Emblem is equal oppurtunity with their fanservice.

I do wonder what Opossum Opossum thinks of bunny Chrom though.

Also Opo, check the PM.

D

Deleted member

Except for the part where 74% percent of everyone here are straight.

So that's a moot point.
So? There's still women here too. Plus I alone am louder than everyone here combined when it comes to love. :p

Plus, the point is Xander is handsome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"YOU'RE THE SPRING IN MY STEP AND THE EGGS IN MY BASKET. TOGETHER, MY LOVE, WE SHALL BUILD AN EASTER WORLD. JUST YOU AND ME."

K
Chrom having eggs in his basket makes me question many things.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
> Using fabricated percentages

And your main point is?
The point is that even if Xander or Chrom are Bunny suits, no one would legitamately care or complain about it when there's enough controversy about too much otaku pandering fanservice in Fire Emblem.

Also, there are more male gamers than there are female gamers just like how straight gamers outnumber the gaymers, hence why there's more fanservice tailored to them.

Gong to get that shield ready since I'm going to get a downpour of hate for this.

D

Deleted member

All this egg talk and all I can think of is Jojo
"Kakyoin, did you lay this egg?"
The point is that even if Xander or Chrom are Bunny suits, no one would legitamately care or complain about it when there's enough controversy about too much otaku pandering fanservice in Fire Emblem.

Also, there are more male gamers than there are female gamers just like how straight gamers outnumber the gaymers, hence why there's more fanservice tailored to them.

Gong to get that shield ready since I'm going to get a downpour of hate for this.
I'm not even getting what Xander with bunny ears has to do with gender and sexuality statistics of gamers

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Since those guys are all variations of other characters, I'm just going to say Akuma. He's got some of the flashiest moves of the bunch. Though Charlie is a close second with his SFV version.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm not even getting what Xander with bunny ears has to do with gender and sexuality statistics of gamers
I don't know either, ask the part where Yellowlord and few other folks are saying that fanservice is becoming too forced with the female characters. Even if the men were in Bunny suit, they would get less flak because they can come off as gags than fanservice.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It took me 4 separate occasions to look at this picture to see Camilla holding an egg instead instead of being right next to Kif from Futurama

The ear is camilla's finger
Given we already have Zapp Braniggan as an Axe Unit, this wouldn't be a surprise.

Wew lad

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just gonna post my thoughts here from Facebook because I'm pissed.

So...this display of stupidity.

Anyone who thinks the "War on Coal" is something that needs to be stopped is just as deluded as our disgrace of a president. Think of the coal miners, you say? How about we think of the planet we live on?

No other industry gets this done for them when they become unneeded, irrelevant, and toxic. The energy industry should be kept to the same standard. Adapt or Adieu.

Ironically enough, Trump sycophants accuse the left of being regressive when this is regression at its worst.

/rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom