• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So I wanted to make a prediction roster for Fire Emblem Warriors. That being said, I wanted to gauge something first.

How many characters do you think we'll get, total? Throw numbers at me, people.
Hyurle Warriors had a final total of 29 characters or 43 if you count weapons rather than characters (31 & 45 respectively if including Wii U's Ganon & Cucco)

Though that might not mean much considering Fire Emblem has a much bigger collection of likable/main characters.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so when it comes to 3rd party characters i want every company to have 3 because stupid logic(basically ammounting to 3rd party 3 characters)
so for each company i will list the characters i want with each company being detailed
in order of most characters needed to be at 3 to least

Konami (bomberman sold really well in japan so they could see the value in working further with nintendo)
Snake, Bomberman, Simon Belmont (a vet, best selling game in years, character with roots seeped in nintendo)

Square Enix
Laura Croft, Dragonlord (a character whos recent revival has done gangbusters, the original JRPG final boss)

Namco
Heihachi, Knightmare (character who was considered previously, an iconic villain whos done battle with link)

Capcom AND sega
Dante, Knuckles (ill be honest i want these 2 for s super stupid reason outside of the merits they have as characters...i want the title screen to be Super smashbros for switch featuring Dante from the devil may cry series & Knuckles)

because if were talking about pie in the sky dreams thats the one i have in regards to third party characters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Man Spider Man looks really good. Vulture looks like a really different but good villain. Seems to have a lot of depth to him which is really nice.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So Guardians of the Galaxy is not coming to the Switch even though it said so originally.

I'm starting to wonder about third party support for this thing.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Looks like Iron Man is doing that annoying Hollywood mentor thing of deliberately handicapping the hero after a failure to supposedly "help them find their true strength". So if Firemen don't put out a fire you take away their hoses because they should be able to do it with buckets?

InsaneAlchemist

Smash Cadet
The Guardians of the Galaxy thing got canceled? Huh. Well, I wouldn't worry too much about third party support, I'm guessing something went wrong with bringing Guardians of the Galaxy over to the Switch. Things get messed up when you port things over usually, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Best thing we can do is buy the game on another system like the PC or PS4.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Are you sure Guardians of the Galaxy was coming to Switch?

I can't find any trustable sites confirming this except those rumors that start with "*Insert retailer here* lists a Switch release".

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Are you sure Guardians of the Galaxy was coming to Switch?

I can't find any trustable sites confirming this except those rumors that start with "*Insert retailer here* lists a Switch release".
Laura K Buzz leaked the entire game and said it was for Switch iirc
Looks like Iron Man is doing that annoying Hollywood mentor thing of deliberately handicapping the hero after a failure to supposedly "help them find their true strength". So if Firemen don't put out a fire you take away their hoses because they should be able to do it with buckets?
From what I can tell, Peter stepped out of line. It's a Fireman taking the fire engine on his own to save a cat and getting fired

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Is this for real?

They are "Remaking Jumanji" but making it into something completely different and stupid?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I wanted to make a prediction roster for Fire Emblem Warriors. That being said, I wanted to gauge something first.

How many characters do you think we'll get, total? Throw numbers at me, people.
Depends on how they handle it.

If they go the Hyrule Warriors route where every character is made to be unique and has unique weapons and every weapon has a unique moveset, then I would say 20 at most to start out with.

If they go the traditional Dynasty Warriors route where things are more class based (where characters use similar weapons within different classes and have different stats to make characters within the same class feel a little different to one another) then I would expect double that to start with.

I imagine they would take the latter route because that's how Fire Emblem actually is and they like taking inspiration from the original franchise in licensed Warriors games. Maybe they'll even have a re-classing mechanic.

I also wouldn't be surprised if there was an avatar character for this game. Dynasty Warriors has had that and so does Fire Emblem so it'd be a natural fit.

So far we have Chrom, Marth, Corrin, Ryoma, and Xander confirmed, so Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates will likely be the main pillars of the franchise to be represented.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, I just found this article
https://moviepilot.com/posts/3954346
In here, Rebecca Sugar talks about why LGBT(and any other minorities in general) representation is important.
It's something this thread occasionaly talks about but that some don't know what it means so I recommend reading it.
Though I believe the most important part and what I'm mainly talking about is this
Ultimately though, as Sugar argued when speaking to the School of Visual Art's Society of Illustrators, LGBT representation isn't a political battle or about taking a stand — it's something vital to children's development.
Commenting on the pervasive nature of heteronormativity, Sugar pointed out that not allowing children to see themselves in the stories they love can be very harmful. With LGBT youth ranking alarmingly high for homelessness and suicide risk, Sugar's argument couldn't be more pertinent. In most fairy tales the idea of true love is intrinsically linked to a happy ending, and therefore happiness in life. As Sugar argues, it's just flatly unfair that some children are denied this vision of hope.

InsaneAlchemist

Smash Cadet
To be honest, the fact that they removed the board game from the remake is bull****. I'm all for deviating from the original source somewhat, changing, removing, and adding details. But removing something so vital to the original is a bad choice, and I can't see this being done right.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So, I just found this article
https://moviepilot.com/posts/3954346
In here, Rebecca Sugar talks about why LGBT(and any other minorities in general) representation is important.
It's something this thread occasionaly talks about but that some don't know what it means so I recommend reading it.
Though I believe the most important part and what I'm mainly talking about is this
Rebecca Sugar was who again?

I know a transwoman I've seen occasionally pop up on streams I watched mention she'd know a lot sooner had she known being trans and a lesbian is a thing as a kid. It's why Princess Marco is great

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The best analogy I saw for this was "Jaws without any sharks."

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I am sure @Shishœ (excitement spree incoming) and @mario123007 will be pleased to hear I watched the first four episodes of LWA! And I thought the series was old (I knew movies had been made, but never realized there were two before the series), but these were actually being released this year! Must of been the huge success of the two movies that led to this series. Regardless, I might consider watching the rest now as the show looks amazing visually, the comedy is great and makes me laugh quite a lot, and the characters all have so much personality! It's fascinating how LWA never exactly appealed to me at first since I never watched the movies. After watching the show yesterday, I am now very interested and it has caught my attention at the same time. :)

Although I will admit... I will probably be watching and reacting to the show on my own. Oh well; that's just how I tend to watch anime. :p

P.S.... (this is a spoiler at the beginning of LWA, but somewhat notable if you haven't watched it yet).
Professor Ursula is obviously Shiny Chariot; I figured it out after the reflection in her glasses went away in either Episode 2 or 3 to show the red eyes. Good thing I saw this before truly spoiling it for myself on Wikipedia. :p

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The best analogy I saw for this was "Jaws without any sharks."
Jaws where they try and find the lost city of Atlantis with a crew of explorers including the rock and end up fighting a giant sea monster

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know who knows about it?

DeceasedCrab

He's LP'd that game 5 times

D

Deleted member

Rebecca Sugar was who again?

I know a transwoman I've seen occasionally pop up on streams I watched mention she'd know a lot sooner had she known being trans and a lesbian is a thing as a kid. It's why Princess Marco is great
Um, you know, the creator of Steven Universe and stuff
I thought her name was easily recognizable
And one day she'll be someone's Sugar Mommy
I am sure @Shishœ (excitement spree incoming) and @mario123007 will be pleased to hear I watched the first four episodes of LWA! And I thought the series was old (I knew movies had been made, but never realized there were two before the series), but these were actually being released this year! Must of been the huge success of the two movies that led to this series. Regardless, I might consider watching the rest now as the show looks amazing visually, the comedy is great and makes me laugh quite a lot, and the characters all have so much personality! It's fascinating how LWA never exactly appealed to me at first since I never watched the movies. After watching the show yesterday, I am now very interested and it has caught my attention at the same time. :)

Although I will admit... I will probably be watching and reacting to the show on my own. Oh well; that's just how I tend to watch anime. :p

P.S.... (this is a spoiler at the beginning of LWA, but somewhat notable if you haven't watched it yet).
Professor Ursula is obviously Shiny Chariot; I figured it out after the reflection in her glasses went away in either Episode 2 or 3 to show the red eyes. Good thing I saw this before truly spoiling it for myself on Wikipedia. :p
I hear the OVA and movie aren't even subtle about Chariot
I actually thought it was supposed to be a twist in the series lol but after checking the TV Tropes page I felt dumb
He's LP'd that game 5 times
When you really like a game but people still won't play it
If I ever make an LP channel, you can all bet your asses I'll do at least 5 EO playthroughs for each game

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Um, you know, the creator of Steven Universe and stuff
I thought her name was easily recognizable
And one day she'll be someone's Sugar Mommy

I hear the OVA and movie aren't even subtle about Chariot
I actually thought it was supposed to be a twist in the series lol but after checking the TV Tropes page I felt dumb

When you really like a game but people still won't play it
If I ever make an LP channel, you can all bet your ***** I'll do at least 5 EO playthroughs for each game
I don't watch Size Inconsistencies featuring Lesbian Rocks, sorry

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's Sony, they're like Micheal Bay, **** up anything they touch
Still going to see the Sonic and Venom movies they're making next year because I am a SHEEP
Eh, in this case Michael Bay still gets it. The point of Transformers were, they, you know, transform. And they're well known for having humans that very often take over a lot of plots. His jokes in his movies and the overuse of explosions are a bit of an issue, but he does understand some franchises fairly well.

This is a blatant case of "This has nothing even close to do with the actual book itself." compared to "could certainly be done a lot better". Michael Bay is a clear case of the latter, but I can't think of any examples where he doesn't "get the point" of the original work that he's overall turning into a movie. Please do list examples otherwise, but I find him to be a simple case of "could vastly do better".

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Is this for real?

They are "Remaking Jumanji" but making it into something completely different and stupid?
Wait, this is real? I scrolled past something about it on my Twitter feed and thought it was a joke.

What next? A Batman v Superman movie that introduces Doomsday, Wonder Woman, and the Flash? Oh wait

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Eh, in this case Michael Bay still gets it. The point of Transformers were, they, you know, transform. And they're well known for having humans that very often take over a lot of plots. His jokes in his movies and the overuse of explosions are a bit of an issue, but he does understand some franchises fairly well.

This is a blatant case of "This has nothing even close to do with the actual book itself." compared to "could certainly be done a lot better". Michael Bay is a clear case of the latter, but I can't think of any examples where he doesn't "get the point" of the original work that he's overall turning into a movie. Please do list examples otherwise, but I find him to be a simple case of "could vastly do better".
I'm referring to a joke about Micheal Bay touching the script for a TMNT movie and it all going to **** despite having **** people liked about it

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The episode titled "In the Midnight Hour" of Sonic Boom is brilliant.

Sticks finds a robot made by Eggman that is mind controlling everyone at night.

It has a smooth and suave voice, it's eyes are a swirly logo, and it's name is "Dreamcaster".

Also when Eggman tells Sticks that it's using the power of TV signals, Sticks says something like "I knew TV was a conspiracy for controlling the simple minded!".

She then turns to the camera and says "I'm not talkin' to you, keep watchin'.".

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm referring to a joke about Micheal Bay touching the script for a TMNT movie and it all going to **** despite having **** people liked about it
You know he outright said that "No, they need to stay as mutants" in that case, right? The joke doesn't work because he's trying to keep the series' key point intact. He does that fairly often, unlike Sony in this case. If not most cases. Hell, if they really are still making that Mario movie, imagine them not making the Mario Bros. actual Plumbers. I could see them doing that, because they just don't much care.

I think many forget what he actually did for script. He saved the movie in the long run by forcing them to keep the characters as mutants. Don't get me wrong, the new TMNT movies could be better. The turtles themselves look way too different, imo. They're fun, but I'd say the original live action movies are overall more faithful to the character designs. That said, I think he was more of an advisor than the director of that movie?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Wait, this is real? I scrolled past something about it on my Twitter feed and thought it was a joke.

What next? A Batman v Superman movie that introduces Doomsday, Wonder Woman, and the Flash? Oh wait
You forgot Aquaman
The episode titled "In the Midnight Hour" of Sonic Boom is brilliant.

Sticks finds a robot made by Eggman that is mind controlling everyone at night.

It has a smooth and James Rodaysuave voice, it's eyes are a swirly logo, and it's name is "Dreamcaster".

Also when Eggman tells Sticks that it's using the power of TV signals, Sticks says something like "I knew TV was a conspiracy for controlling the simple minded!".

She then turns to the camera and says "I'm not talkin' to you, keep watchin'.".
I heard the show has a **** ton of meta humour, like Tails responding to Sonic as "Roger", Knuckles doesn't get it, but Sonic's actor, in his own voice, replies "He's talking to me". That's genuinely funny
You know he outright said that "No, they need to stay as mutants" in that case, right? The joke doesn't work because he's trying to keep the series' key point intact. He does that fairly often, unlike Sony in this case. If not most cases. Hell, if they really are still making that Mario movie, imagine them not making the Mario Bros. actual Plumbers. I could see them doing that, because they just don't much care.

I think many forget what he actually did for script. He saved the movie in the long run by forcing them to keep the characters as mutants. Don't get me wrong, the new TMNT movies could be better. The turtles themselves look way too different, imo. They're fun, but I'd say the original live action movies are overall more faithful to the character designs. That said, I think he was more of an advisor than the director of that movie?
It was a joke used in a review, and it was the movie with Krang or some ****. I don't remember, the movie with Oliver Queen's actor from Arrow

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
You forgot Aquaman

I heard the show has a **** ton of meta humour, like Tails responding to Sonic as "Roger", Knuckles doesn't get it, but Sonic's actor, in his own voice, replies "He's talking to me". That's genuinely funny

It was a joke used in a review, and it was the movie with Krang or some ****. I don't remember, the movie with Oliver Queen's actor from Arrow
Was Aquaman introduced too? Good lord, what were they thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom