• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Last bit of new Dark Souls content (for a very long time) is out tomorrow. It's the end of an era pretty much.
It doesn't help that rumors circulate that this is the last Dark Souls game thus completing the Trilogy. I'm excited to see what's in store for From but Imma miss Dark Souls a hell of a lot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Make sure the pentagram is drawn good this time:031:. I dont want you losing your leg.
You know it was your fault, don't try to blame it on me! I TOLD you that the lime we needed wasn't the fruit but no, you just had to pick the ones from the backyard.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
It doesn't help that rumors circulate that this is the last Dark Souls game thus completing the Trilogy. I'm excited to see what's in store for From but Imma miss Dark Souls a hell of a lot.
I'm hoping we get a Bloodborne 2 announced this E3 though I doubt it.
Really want to see From do a Sci-fi Souls game because they can do some really cool stuff there.

Chrono.

I might want to pick up a Neo Geo game on the Switch.

Any particular one I should try first?
Metal Slug 3 is the easiest to pick up and play, it's a very good Shmup.

KOF 98 is also a pretty good game if you want a fighting game. Then there's Waku Waku 7, while I find it fun it might be a little too awkward compared to the former two, but it's also the rarest title you'll find there if you care about that (it hadn't gotten a home console English release until now).

Last edited:

InsaneAlchemist

Smash Cadet
I don't know what will be my hopes for the E3, to be honest. The next generation of Pokemon will be around 2019, that's almost a given since there's been a Pokemon game every three years since Gen V. I would be happy to hear about a next installment of the Kirby franchise, and some plans for Splatoon 2, but that's it. I generally don't care much about Dark Souls, so I'll be apathetic to any announcements about that.

I feel like with how popular bomberman is for smash, I really missed out on something from never playing one of his games.
Any recommendations for someone who has never played one of the games before on the Wii U or 3DS eshop?
Thanks in advance :)
Posting again because I didn't get a response (or at the very least an alert) the first time I posted

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Posting again because I didn't get a response (or at the very least an alert) the first time I posted
The Super Bomberman games for the SNES were really good as I recall, and it's as classic as the gameplay gets. Other than that Bomberman 64 is a great one, indeed.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't know if it's on E-Shop, but Bomberman Hero's OST is worth listening to. Though there's the Super Bomberman games on SNES.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I might want to pick up a Neo Geo game on the Switch.

Any particular one I should try first?
I can't speak for most of them as I didn't buy them, but I picked up Waku Waku 7 and enjoyed it well enough. I tend to have a taste for color and insanity first and foremost when I go to pick out games though. On that front Waku Waku 7 definitely does it's job LOL.

If you wanna judge by some fancy metric I'm not the one to take advice from. What I will do is list off the playable characters, which true to the name there are seven of. The thing with this game is that it's almost a cross-section of anime cliches, but there's so many different kinds of them mixed when they normally really aren't that it just kinda starts having fun with itself just by existing.

Rai: Generic Shonen Protagonist
Slash: Blue Haired Anime Sword User. . .monster slayer in a trenchcoat
Tesse: Robot Maid. Gives me almost kind of a Princess Peach/Villager vibe with the way her attacks often lean into the maid part, although the robot part is just as prominent.
Politank-Z: A police officer and his dog dual piloting a tank
Mauru: Clawed Rabbit Monster Thing with a little girl riding on his back
Dandy-J: Buff bearded middle-aged guy wearing a cowboy hat. His main weapon is a whip. . .also he has a girl with him that sometimes tosses his pet cat at you
Arina: Generic Bunny Eared Anime Girl

You notice that somewhere towards the middle of that list logic drops off the face of the earth? That's the beauty of this game.

*EDIT* Also during single player there's a bonus round against a non-playable character that is essentially Ryu as a sandbag. Ever wanted to see that?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Decided to finally start catching up on Sonic Boom and wow.

The humour has gotten super meta. And it's great. They even referenced NSFW Sonic fan-fiction.

Also Tails being an evil genius for a day was a legit creative idea for an episode.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Decided to finally start catching up on Sonic Boom and wow.

The humour has gotten super meta. And it's great. They even referenced NSFW Sonic fan-fiction.

Also Tails being an evil genius for a day was a legit creative idea for an episode.
I need to catch up on that. Is it on Netflix?
I also need to work on turning Batman v Superman into Mario v Sonic

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
No, but I think it's on Hulu.

I have to find other ways of watching it because Ireland is **** for watching any entertainment unless it's on mainstream channels. And the only mainstream show I care about is South Park.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In this case, I think Mario should represent Batman using his power ups similar to ways Batman uses his equipment

With Sonic being the non-human super powered figure

Mario ready to stop Sonic since he gains god-like power in his super form

With Doctor Robotnik definitely as Lex

Both Lex and Mario representing humans

Edit: Also Mario goes around dating various rich socialite woman just like Bruce Wayne. Peach, Daisy, Pauline

Edit 2: I wasn't intentionally using Bruce Wayne as an example of a rich, socialite woman

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Chrono. Chrono. Coricus Coricus I have been considering Waku Waku 7 since it has a mutha ****in' sandbag fighter in the game

Is the Switch release based off the arcade or Neo Geo port as only the latter has Bonus Kun playable?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Every time I look at threads about how much people spend in FE Heroes, I see so many people saying they spent hundreds of dollars in it but they didn't realise it, basically spending their entire paycheck for a week on it at times.

I find that so baffling that people can do that. I always assumed big spenders/whales in gacha games were people with the money to burn. I can't imagine how people aren't conscious of the amount of money they have at a given time, and just "accidentally" spend more than they can afford.

I've spent a grand total of €4 on the game (two €2 purchases for 3 orbs) and that was just because I was too impatient to wait another day for a login bonus or wanted to pull under a particular banner before it expired.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Every time I look at threads about how much people spend in FE Heroes, I see so many people saying they spent hundreds of dollars in it but they didn't realise it, basically spending their entire paycheck on it.

I find that so baffling that people can do that. I always assumed big spenders/whales in gacha games were people with the money to burn. I can't imagine how people aren't conscious of the amount of money they have at a given time, and just "accidentally" spend more than they can afford.

I've spent a grand total of €4 on the game (two €2 purchases for 3 orbs) and that was just because I was too impatient to wait another day for a login bonus or wanted to pull under a particular banner before it expired.
No, lol. It's usually people that don't have the money that are the big spenders in these types of games. It preys on people's emotional dependence, lack of self esteem, and desire to feel like they've accomplished something which are usually traits of people that just get by.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
That totally doesn't seem familiar.

:4marth::4myfriends::4lucina:
To be honest as someone who admittedly hasn't played any Castlevania games he reminds me more of a character from there than any of the FE crew LOL.

Really it's more of a cyan, but uh, memes.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
No, lol. It's usually people that don't have the money that are the big spenders in these types of games. It preys on people's emotional dependence, lack of self esteem, and desire to feel like they've accomplished something which are usually traits of people that just get by.
I guess I should clarify when I said "people with money to burn", I didn't mean rich people necessarily, but people like YouTubers and streamers who might make content on a specific gacha game and they make money off those videos which they can in turn put towards the game, and stuff like that. Especially true if they also have a traditional job since they can just budget around putting the video revenue towards the game and their job paychecks don't go near the game.

I just find it so bizarre personally. If I spend money on something, it's usually a conscious and calculated decision, as I'm almost always aware of how much money I have in total and usually double check every so often. I always considered that the result of me being someone who doesn't often have a lot of money (and when I do, people want to borrow it or I have a big expense to pay). And even despite that, I can be a bit impulsive at times, but pretty much never run into a legitimate lack of funds. Usually I just cancel pre-orders or whatever if that happens.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Chrono. Chrono. Coricus Coricus I have been considering Waku Waku 7 since it has a mutha ****in' sandbag fighter in the game

Is the Switch release based off the arcade or Neo Geo port as only the latter has Bonus Kun playable?
The arcade version. Or more specifically, the Neo Geo port with only the arcade content enabled. Must be because it's part of the Arcade Archives line or something.

Unfortunately no playable Bonus Kun.

But I mean, Tesse is best anyway

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So the official Destiny Facebook page just posted this.

I've no interest myself but I've seen people talk about the game here before so I thought it might interest some people.
There's only one thing that Destiny means...
:4metaknight:'s Victory
In all seriousness, I picked up the game following The Taken King's release and found plenty of entertainment with it, but I knew that the game's been a very divisive product since the vanilla launch. I probably won't get Destiny 2 on day one myself, but I'll wait on the reviews and see what the community thinks of it before picking it up for myself.

Hopefully what's been learned and gleamed from the first game's launch prompts a stronger focus towards a launch that satisfies people more than Year 1 did.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
In this case, I think Mario should represent Batman using his power ups similar to ways Batman uses his equipment

With Sonic being the non-human super powered figure

Mario ready to stop Sonic since he gains god-like power in his super form

With Doctor Robotnik definitely as Lex

Both Lex and Mario representing humans

Edit: Also Mario goes around dating various rich socialite woman just like Bruce Wayne. Peach, Daisy, Pauline

Edit 2: I wasn't intentionally using Bruce Wayne as an example of a rich, socialite woman
At this point I'm trying figure out who Lois, Doomsday and Alfred would be. Leaning towards Chaos for Doomsday

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The arcade version. Or more specifically, the Neo Geo port with only the arcade content enabled. Must be because it's part of the Arcade Archives line or something.

Unfortunately no playable Bonus Kun.

But I mean, Tesse is best anyway
Well, phooey! That was one of my buying points.

Still might pick it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom