• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
In regards to that rumor, I like that solution they came up with how to handle GameCube games that used the analog triggers. Using R for a light press and ZR for a full press,

Other than that, eh. Let's wait and see.

D

Deleted member

I'm feeling so useful right now, I not only managed to write the essay thaf is due to this Thursday but I also managed to start writing a project of my own. I love this feeling of not feeling like a piece of ****
Make my son a meme and you'll not only be useful, you'll be a legend.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Gave the Snipperclips Demo a good couple of tries...

Using the standard Switch controls is, as expected, the best way to play, but for multiplayer it's not really an option (unless I buy another controller or set of joy-cons), and the worst way to play is the single Joy-con with the strap on because I don't like how I feel like I have to force the SL/SR buttons to make sure the input goes through...

Wednesday I'm sure my buddy will want to try out Snipperclips as well as the single Joy-con set-up...quite possibly will be the determining factor if I'll even get the game or not...

It sucks having a ****ty financial situation...I miss being able to just buy games without worrying too much about whether or not it's worth it...especially for cheaper games...

I will look into some of the indie titles available to see if anything catches my eye, I'm not entirely sure what's available and what's not right now...Still need to purchase the BotW DLC as well...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just got an 82 on an exam I studied hard for. The only reason I got a B instead of a C is a difference of 2 questions

I got 2 questions right because of WWE (remembering Kohlberg because of Goldberg and remembering Albert had a theory on aggression because Albert is a wrestler too)
****ity **** what a weird way to score better (But not well)

Here we go again!

Unsourced 4chan leaks with a one in a million chance of being real.
So are we just going to ignore the fact that this supposed Direct airs on April 1.

For the record, I know there was an April 1 Direct before, but still.
To be fair we've had both an April's fools direct and a leak from 4chan of entire direct before. So both are possible, just unlikely.

I'm going to go check it out though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Here's a really creepy deep sea squid.

Look how friggin long it's arms are. Like, 6 or 7 times it's body

Holding out part of it's arms with long, dangling string like parts hanging down

Like it's controlling a marionette

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Holding out part of it's arms with long, dangling string like parts hanging down

Tag this **** man. That's creepy as hell

Chrono.

Just got past the Yiga Hideout.

Jesus, these dudes are goofy.

Despite them worshiping Calamity Ganon they come off as goofy comedy mooks. A bit bizarre considering they're the only real "villains" of the game since Ganon is more of a "thing" than an actual character this time.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ironically those types of squids are called "Bigfin Octopus"

Because obviously it's the fin that's the most noticeable part

Edit:

I'm sure some of you know that squid's have beaks

Well, most of the time

Presenting, the human toothed Squid!

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

Despite them worshiping Calamity Ganon they come off as goofy comedy mooks. A bit bizarre considering they're the only real "villains" of the game since Ganon is more of a "thing" than an actual character this time.
That section in a nutshell.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Ironically those types of squids are called "Bigfin Octopus"

Because obviously it's the fin that's the most noticeable part

Edit:

I'm sure some of you know that squid's have beaks

Well, most of the time

Presenting, the human toothed Squid!
Kinda reminds me of a malboro from Final Fantasy.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

"OH!? oh oh oh oh oh oh oh Oohoo!!"

Goofy they may be, but they'll **** you up in their hideout if they catch you...They're obsessed with those Mighty Bananas for a reason...

I never really thought of them much as main villains, sure they'll attack you sparingly out in the field but apart from the Hideout segment, and a couple of sidequests where they steal some relics they don't really have much of a presence otherwise...

The Master Kohga Boss fight was pretty funny though...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Gives an idea or two for a villain design. Or some kind of Pokemon.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Since Smash speculation is kinda starting up, I finally started working on this old picture some more.
I had more planned, but I just gave up at the Inkling. A top five +Banjo is good enough, though.
I do still have to colour it and stuff eventually. Maybe. Hopefully...

I probably won't be around much this time, sadly.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Since Smash speculation is kinda starting up, I finally started working on this old picture some more.
I had more planned, but I just gave up at the Inkling. A top five +Banjo is good enough, though.

That's a pretty cool picture though my dude.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I actually kind of like the use of just a single color for each character. Really makes it stand out.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen Just got done watching the 12 episode of Ex-Aid and I can safely say this.

**** this show.

For messing with my feelings like that. Sure I get that the writers wanted to kill off Kiriya just to show how dangerous Dangerous Zombie Gemn was. But that still didn't stop the scene from being ****ing painful. Why do the good characters always have to die?

Ivander

Smash Legend
So....a question regarding a Shrine quest...
1: Is the Cursed Statue among the group of statues by Fort Hateno? Basically, you go into an alleyway and there are small statues everywhere.
2: Does the Cursed Statue activate for a Blood Moon? The clue seems to hint a Blood Moon, but I'm not 100% certain on that.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So....a question regarding a Shrine quest...
1: Is the Cursed Statue among the group of statues by Fort Hateno? Basically, you go into an alleyway and there are small statues everywhere.
2: Does the Cursed Statue activate for a Blood Moon? The clue seems to hint a Blood Moon, but I'm not 100% certain on that.
Shoot the one that glows at night.

I was stuck on this one too, but I apparently didn't wait long enough and the game is picky about what "night" is.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Shoot the one that glows at night.

I was stuck on this one too, but I apparently didn't wait long enough and the game is picky about what "night" is.
I just got it.
I came around at night and didn't see the statue glowing, so I was thinking it was a Blood Moon-related one, except a Blood Moon happened shortly after in which I still didn't see anything different.
Anyway, I managed to get it. Thanks for helping anyway.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Damn man that's awesome! Our tastes definitely overlap quite a bit. Has there been a Rayman Thread opened yet? I must've missed it if so.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I haven't really messed around with the UI at all for the Switch...It's very straight forward and easy to navigate which is good, but it just feels thin...like there's not much to it...

Perhaps this is due to the lack of other applications at the moment but it feels almost too simple...

I also took this opportunity to try out the touchscreen and generally it felt quite responsive, though like on my cell phone my above average sized fingers sometimes have trouble hitting smaller things accurately...I could get a capacitive stylus for the screen but as far as I can tell I won't really need it since most games to come (at least those I'm interested in) likely won't be too reliant on the touchscreen and there's no point if I'm only using the touchscreen for the UI...But other than that it works pretty well...

Looking at currently available titles for the Switch...
-Snipperclips
-I Am Setsuna
-The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth
-Shovel Knight
-Fast RMX

These are the ones that I'm currently leaning more towards...Snipperclips is a relatively cheap game that I've been debating for a little while, but I Am Setsuna seems like it'll give me a better experience as a mostly solo gamer...The Binding of Isaac is heavily inspired by the classic Zelda games so it could be worth looking into as well...

LOL I could just cheap out and go for Othello...jokes aside I did used to play the real thing quite a bit back in the day with some of my friends; Chess, Backgammon, Checkers, Chinese Checkers, Othello, those sorts of games...I probably would buy a collection of those games for the Switch, especially if they had online play...I used to put a lot of time into playing Chess specifically and even went to and won a few local tournaments back in the day...Could be good to pass the time every now and then during any quiet periods between releases and such...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Damn man that's awesome! Our tastes definitely overlap quite a bit. Has there been a Rayman Thread opened yet? I must've missed it if so.
I started up new Rayman and Banjo threads, just like old times.

I might be half dead, but I'm still the Rayman guy 'round these parts.
I haven't really messed around with the UI at all for the Switch...It's very straight forward and easy to navigate which is good, but it just feels thin...like there's not much to it...
I wish it was more like the 3DS where you could shrink or enlarge the icons and sort them however you want.

Maybe I just didn't mess around with it enough and you can do it, but if not it'll be a bit of a pain once there are more games.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
@Shishœ
I forgot to talk about LWA episode 12, this is probably the first episode that leaves a bit of a cliffhanger, it mention about the festival but we haven't got there yet. And this episode made me want to say this again... I think having a LWA prequel about Shiny Chariot's story will be interesting.

When Akko was hesitating on picking slots, this meme keeps flying through my head.
This is Sasuki, because well, Kill La Kill is also from TRIGGER
BTW, Akko tried to impost Diana is just...yeesh, who needs transformation spell when you can just look into the prankster mirror?
Also Sucy still being Sucy, Constanze being Constanze,yes.
My two fav characters in LWA

And I do know LWA Twitter page did spoil the future plot, a bit. And we get to see the main antagonist, also Shiny Chariot looks bada** in this trailer:
Some say they already spot the main villain back in episode 3, not sure if this is the case

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am REALLY slow at drinking coffee.

I poured a 20 ounce this morning and I literally just finished it

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I am REALLY slow at drinking coffee.

I poured a 20 ounce this morning and I literally just finished it
Honestly, that's probably a good thing considering a lot people go through 5,6,7 or more cups of coffee a day. That's really not good for them either.

Hey, Space Stranger Space Stranger . How's ya doin'?

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I wish it was more like the 3DS where you could shrink or enlarge the icons and sort them however you want.

Maybe I just didn't mess around with it enough and you can do it, but if not it'll be a bit of a pain once there are more games.
I hope that more customization becomes available later down the line...I feel like it's almost a given we'll get more themes available than just either Black or White, but adding in more options for the user to make the system feel more personalized...

I was also thinking it'd be neat if we could use some of the screenshots from games for the Icons or wallpaper themes for the UI...and allow more editing than just adding text...such as cropping and adjusting brightness and colour and perhaps even doodling...something similar to Smash 4's screeshot features...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think with the Switch UI the key is that the 3DS UI before it had a lot of things added over time. The Switch UI apparently does add an option to switch to a grid mode once you have more than so many games, but it's likely they'll tweak that later on to be more fully featured and add other things as well. They definitely seem to have set aside room for themes at least, and there's plenty enough room to squeeze in a couple more menu icons.

I think the clean straightforwardness is kind of nice, although it could use that touch of home down the road. Themes seem like they might do the trick, hopefully they're well designed whenever they're added to the system.

InsaneAlchemist

Smash Cadet
Well, that was a fun stream. I popped in on the Civil War tourney kind of late, right after Strides broke the stream and ended up banned. But I was there to see the fastest free match I've ever seen, with Fox vs. Marth. It's fun watching these kinds of things.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm surprised I didn't update the opening post to note that Frostwraith is no longer a mod of the Nintenzone forum. Anyway, name change to. From Shiny Metal Bass to Guun A.K.A. Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier.

A quick backstory; I worked on 4 siblings, based upon the Ice Barrier Synchros. Bryo, who technically has no official gender, and is a very bubbly person Trish, the Big Sister, Dewey, the Tiger, and Guun, the Dragon Master of half-truths. I have yet to directly play as Trish and Dewey in any rp, so they aren't fleshed out just yet. They each have some kind of power. Bryo can make objects bounce. Guun is able to generate mist as well as teleport using that mist. He can also generate objects into his hand if he already possessed it beforehand, basically hammerspace. I haven't figured out the other two just yet, but that's because I haven't had a reason to give them powers yet.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen Just got done watching the 12 episode of Ex-Aid and I can safely say this.

**** this show.

For messing with my feelings like that. Sure I get that the writers wanted to kill off Kiriya just to show how dangerous Dangerous Zombie Gemn was. But that still didn't stop the scene from being ****ing painful. Why do the good characters always have to die?
It's even worse when you remember it ACTUALLY aired on Christmas, so imagine a kid getting a toy of the character or something. A 2 year old was stated to get his stuff and say he's gonna hunt Genm down iirc. Genm's actor acted really nonchalantly on twitter to the point people kept posting memes and a montage of Genm getting whooped

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

Funny how a lot of us are heading once more into the breach, so to speak. I've started up a thread of my own, though I doubt it'll get a ton of attention since the character isn't a conventionally expected one. My main thread during DLC talk was the same way, so I can't say I'm not used to it.

I do want to set one up for Challenger Approaching, as well, but I'm not quite prepared. I need to get some graphics figured out first to make everything look presentable. I also need to actually get the chance to rest and heal off this pinched nerve in my back, but my current situation is just refusing to let me...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I heard you gotta fight
all the blights before calamity ganon if you don't free the divine beasts.

That's intense.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I don't have the money to afford the Switch, but I have my outdated phone and this masterpiece:

The description is even funnier:
“The Legend: The Wild – is an adventure of small princess in town zelda. The breath of the wild wind will take you through forests, mountains, rivers… Help little girl to become a hero of zelda! Take your weapon and start the legend! And the breath of the wild wind will take you to your adventure!”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom