• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
If it wasn't for the amazing backwards compatibility, I'd sell off both my Xbox Ones, and tbh, I probably still should. The last time I even touched a 360 was 2016, and aside from Halo 5, every first party game I'll want to play is coming to PC.

If only Microsoft would release backwards compatibility that for PC '3' Then I could keep playing SSX 2012

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
The winner is not L or even Lao, none other than the cute techie Lin Lee Koo. What can I say, she's really a nice character. Except for the tired gags of wanting to boil Tatsu like a potato.

Now this is going to obscure unless you go out of your way to recruit optional units on your Xenobalde X missions. Your choices are Alexa, Celicia, Frye Cristoph, and Boze. Unless you put a lot of time into the game, then chances are that you never recruited these guys.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Fan favorites like H.B. should be coming soon.
I'd have to go with Celica.

I nevertheless liked Frye very much. Boze's an all right guy, but not exactly what I'd call great. Alexa's pretty cool, but when you do her first two affinity missions, she comes off as the girl who can't do anything right.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What's silly is the fact that some people won't buy the game now. Like, Jon was a bonus at most.

Now if they took Shovel Knight out of the game...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Playtonic showing that they're cool guys.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...troversial-youtuber-jontron-from-yooka-laylee

No more Jontron in Yooka-Laylee.

I don't know if I should be sad or laugh at Jontron due to the fact that his unecessary politic bull**** talk have bitten him in the foot. Tough, we all know that Jontron is the bird.

Also, I haven't posted much lately. But it's because I am super sick right now. I am either too cold or too hot and sleeping is basically impossible. It make night living nightmare to survive until the dawn.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I think I'm gonna try to trade away my Dreamcast and games to get money for Switch stuff. Or just trade it for Switch stuff

Chrono.

They're idiots.

Not because of their ethics. I agree Jon is a dumb dumb.

But this is enough reason for Jon to sue.

They could be in real trouble here. They need to give him his money back.
I don't think they would drop him from the game just like that without knowing what they're getting themselves into.

At least that's what logic tells me.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I forgot that pharrell william lives in my state
I think this is a good example of free speech at work.

Jon is free to say whatever is on his mind, but the right to free speech speech is limited to that. It won't protect him from the consequences of what he says.
much like Pdp and his joke, huh
and you saw how many people said that people dropping him was dumb, right? You cant say one person getting dropped from something is dumb and not say the other is dumb too, thats being a hypocrite

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't think they would drop him from the game just like that without knowing what they're getting themselves into.

At least that's what logic tells me.
I hope for their sake, you're right.

I just foresee a potential court case.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
This one was a surprise. Turns out more people want Alexa over the fan favorite Celica. Unless they just find her blatant sexual attraction to Skells so amusing as a character trait. Oh well.

These are the next batch of recruits from Xenoblade X, most being female ironically. Your choices are H.B., Hope, Mia, and Murderess. I'm placing my bet on the blonde Drill Sergeant Nasty ***** with a hunger for blood.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

This will be on for four hours just to let you know.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I forgot that pharrell william lives in my state

much like Pdp and his joke, huh
and you saw how many people said that people dropping him was dumb, right?
With Pewds it was a dumb joke that went too far.

What Jon did was blatantly racist/white nationalistic. Playtonic likely didn't want that damage to their brand.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
While, most of all, I want to say "good job, Playtonic", I can smell all the "sjws aren't accepting of others views and are ruining games wahwah" comments in the distance
You can smell them because they're already here.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I never bought Yooka Laylee in the first place so I don't really care

D

Deleted member

Meanwhile, in contrast to Youtube's comment section, Tumblr is celebrating the news
I hope this makes Jon realise that his words have consequences and learn from the experience. Grow into a better person and ****, you know?
You can smell them because they're already here.

Me: "What's this smell of burning?"
You: "That's because your hair is on fire, you idiot"

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Jontron getting cut from Yooka-Laylee is going to hurt him on a personal level. Hopefully this does end up as sort of a reality check for him. I want to love him, he brought me so much joy and laughter over the years, but he has to realize there are consequences for what he said.

Me personally, I'm still looking forward to the game, with or without Jon.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I do hope they pay jon back though. Ignoring everything else, you cant just drop a person and not pay them back for working with you, no matter how much you hate them

I dont care about the game and I still like Jon so I dont have much to say on that

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'll be the first to say what Jontron said was wrong, stupid and at times ridiculous.

But I'm starting to see some spite going on in this thread.

Let's not do that, folks.

D

Deleted member

I should be writing an essay I have for next week but instead I'm here looking at memes aka a student's greatest weakness
Screenshot_2017-03-23-16-18-40-1.png

I do hope they pay jon back though. Ignoring everything else, you cant just drop a person and not pay them back for working with you, no matter how much you hate them

I dont care about the game so I dont have much to say on that
Really though, they probably had something in the contract like "no ****ing up our image"(paraphrased) because stuff like this could actually hurt the game
It's like with celebrity scandals, companies aren't going to associate with people who will bring their name down

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'll be the first to say what Jontron said was wrong, stupid and at times ridiculous.

But I'm starting to see some spite going on in this thread.

Let's not do that, folks.
People having different political positions is a reason to hate them. Especially if they are successful

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I dont care about the game and I still like Jon so I dont have much to say on that
There's more evidence pointing toward Jon having been doing volunteer voice over instead of paid voice over. It was just a set of casual tweets that let Jon have a part at all.

He more than likely wasn't paid to begin with.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Jon offered the role rather than reaching the backer goal?

If he did pay Playtonic money, I do agree they should pay him back. It would be pretty sketchy not to, even with the recent controversies.

D

Deleted member

This one was a surprise. Turns out more people want Alexa over the fan favorite Celica. Unless they just find her blatant sexual attraction to Skells so amusing as a character trait. Oh well.
Why is it a surprise? Tanned-skin grills are best grills.

...With some exceptions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I should be writing an essay I have for next week but instead I'm here looking at memes aka a student's greatest weakness
View attachment 127238
Unless some girls name is Yaoi, thats not gonna work
Really though, they probably had something in the contract like "no ****ing up our image"(paraphrased) because stuff like this could actually hurt the game
It's like with celebrity scandals, companies aren't going to associate with people who will bring their name down
Still, pay the man is money back if he paid money to them

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Maybe I could use that treadmill my friend brought to the apartment to get some exercise done. That doesn't require mental effort at all!"
>Plug in is triple pin
>Socket is double pin
>Only adapter in the apartment is too small for it to fit in
It's like the universe suddenly decided I should be a lazy ****** for today
Unless some girls name is Yaoi, thats not gonna work

Still, pay the man is money back if he paid money to them
Well, no, if he disrespected their contract, they don't have to pay him back.
And there's also the fact he may not have paid anything at all.
And yeah, he likely backed the game up but he did to kickstart the game and not to get his voice in, in which case there's no deason to give him his money back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom