• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I should be writing an essay I have for next week but instead I'm here looking at memes aka a student's greatest weakness
View attachment 127238

Really though, they probably had something in the contract like "no ****ing up our image"(paraphrased) because stuff like this could actually hurt the game
It's like with celebrity scandals, companies aren't going to associate with people who will bring their name down
I'd watch Yaoi on Fire.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Opossum Opossum

Here's a question for ya.

Which Disney Jungle Book movie is better?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Opossum Opossum

Here's a question for ya.

Which Disney Jungle Book movie is better?
The live action version from the nineties.
I'm definitely in the camp that says the orginal animated version was better. It was one of my favorite movies growing up.

That being said I do love the 2016 live action version as well. It was a great take on the original that blended in some aspects of the book, as well as fixing some things from the original (like changing King Louie from an orangutan to a gigantopithecus, which is more geographically accurate).

There is one thing I wasn't too keen on with the new one though, and it involves the ending.
I wish Mowgli wouldn't have stayed in the jungle, because letting him go was an incredibly important part of Baloo's character development in the original.

Tl;dr: I really enjoyed both, but nothing tops the original for me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've been staring at my computer for about an hour and haven't typed a single word, god I hate myself

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Can you dye the classic tunics you get from amiibos in Breath of the Wild.

Last edited:

InsaneAlchemist

Smash Cadet
As a memer, I naturally procrastinate by searching memes as well.

For the Breath of the Wild, I've been enjoying it. I find the gathering and the exploring appealing.

As for news about JonTron being fired from Yooka-Laylie, I feel like I should care more considering he's my favorite YouTuber but I don't care about the game or any drama.

D

Deleted member

Why am I browsing TV Tropes now? And why does almost every "random trope" gives me an idea for a story I'll never be able to actually write down?
Like, I just had an idea for a retelling of King Arthur where the weapons are Living Weapons that have a human form in which Caliburn is the Sword in the Stone and gay af for Arthur and Excalibur is a prick who dislikes being forced to work with him. And that was only because I stumbled upon Empathic Weaoon and one thing led to another.
Now I'm trying to think of a Functional Magic system and build a story around it but the point is that I have an essay for next week and I am not doing it.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Should I fight Rudania or Naboris next?
I would do Rudania next because Daruk's Protection is a really useful shielding skill and one of the most clutch skills to have IMO.

Just remember to buy the fireproof elixirs at the Foothill Stable before heading for Death Mountain so that the volcanic heat doesn't kill you on the way to Goron City.

D

Deleted member

I can't tell if you guys just relate to my procrastination or you just really like my King Arthur fanfic
I'd totally include other legendary weapons like Durandal and Alondite or whatever other is on public domain rn
I should probably actually read one of the countless versions of King Arthur one day, mostly because I don't know much about it other than "sword in the stone, chosen one, lancelot ****ed his wife, crazy lady from the lake gives him new sword and his son turns out to be a ****"

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Caliburn is the Sword in the Stone and gay af for Arthur and Excalibur is a prick who dislikes being forced to work with him.
Caliburn and Excalibur are the same sword.

D

Deleted member

I use TV tropes to look up bishonen more than anything. :p
I can't tell if you guys just relate to my procrastination or you just really like my King Arthur fanfic
I'd totally include other legendary weapons like Durandal and Alondite or whatever other is on public domain rn
Both.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I should probably actually read one of the countless versions of King Arthur one day, mostly because I don't know much about it other than "sword in the stone, chosen one, lancelot ****ed his wife, crazy lady from the lake gives him new sword and his son turns out to be a ****"
If you're going to do that, include the Disney Animated movie, "The Sword in the Stone" if you haven't watched that yet.
Not fully. Only in some tales is Excalibur the Sword in the Stone. Otherwise, The Sword in the Stone, Caliburn, was a completely separate sword from Excalibur.

D

Deleted member

And so are Excalibur and The Sword In The Stone... except when they're not
Yeah, Caliburn is a misread of Excalibur but it has been used to differentiate the two in some works(when Excalibur is NOT the SitS).

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Not fully. Only in some tales is Excalibur the Sword in the Stone. Otherwise, The Sword in the Stone, Caliburn, was a completely separate sword from Excalibur.
Actually they were.

http://mythology.stackexchange.com/questions/20/are-excalibur-and-caliburn-different-swords

The reason they got different names was due to evolutions in language and differences in story telling.

Kind of like how Heracles and Hercules are the same person even though they occasionally have differences in story telling.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I would do Rudania next because Daruk's Protection is a really useful shielding skill and one of the most clutch skills to have IMO.

Just remember to buy the fireproof elixirs at the Foothill Stable before heading for Death Mountain so that the volcanic heat doesn't kill you on the way to Goron City.
Okay. I'll do that next then

D

Deleted member

We talkin' excalibur?
I'll show some damn excalibur
Alright, show it to me
Actually they were.

http://mythology.stackexchange.com/questions/20/are-excalibur-and-caliburn-different-swords

The reason they got different names was due to evolutions in language and differences in story telling.

Kind of like how Heracles and Hercules are the same person even though they occasionally have differences in story telling.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Excalibur
"Other versions say that the sword from the stone was not Excalibur, but a different sword, and Arthur instead was given Excalibur by the Lady of the Lake.

Modern authors have to usually pick one of these old versions and stick with it. Sometimes modern authors try to distinguish the swords by giving each one a different version of the name "Excalibur", like calling one of them "Caliburn" instead.
"

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sometimes modern authors try to distinguish the swords by giving each one a different version of the name "Excalibur", like calling one of them "Caliburn" instead."
Well those modern authors are wrong.

Cause I said so.

So there.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
TV Tropes taught me that a truly original work is impossible. It's not really entertaining to me anymore though

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nintendo Treehouse now have their own official tumblr blog.

https://nintendotreehouse.tumblr.com/

Also it's a shame about JonTron being taken off Yooka-Laylee. I know he's controversial right now, but I personally don't care for that, and was looking forward to hearing him in the game. There's also his unlisted video that I feel cleared up his stance on some things, and that one debate with Destiny he had was kinda one-sided, as Destiny is known for being very manipulative in his debates with people.

Overall, it was a silly idea to take him off, because Jon could sue, and backers of Yooka-Laylee may feel a bit robbed now, as JonTron has plenty of fans who would have backed just for that.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
j
Nintendo Treehouse now have their own official tumblr blog.

https://nintendotreehouse.tumblr.com/

Also it's a shame about JonTron being taken off Yooka-Laylee. I know he's controversial right now, but I personally don't care for that, and was looking forward to hearing him in the game. There's also his unlisted video that I feel cleared up his stance on some things, and that one debate with Destiny he had was kinda one-sided, as Destiny is known for being very manipulative in his debates with people.

Overall, it was a silly idea to take him off, because Jon could sue, and backers of Yooka-Laylee may feel a bit robbed now, as JonTron has plenty of fans who would have backed just for that.
If Jon is facing negative consequences for his views, then Playtonic should face negative consequences for removing him.

----

Ivander

Smash Legend
I thought that was due to, you know, Greek and Roman differences, like Zeus and Jupiter, Artemis and Diana, etc.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

You only need 1 and 10 fire proof lizards.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Man this school work is so time consuming and the professor doesn't help to much...

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Jontron's outburst isn't "alternate views that should be respected", it's a racist screed that deserves no pretense of equal value. Even if that wasn't true, Playtonic would still have every right to remove his voice clips from the game.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Jontron's outburst isn't "alternate views that should be respected", it's a racist screed that deserves no pretense of equal value. Even if that wasn't true, Playtonic would still have every right to remove his voice clips from the game.
What exactly did Jontron say that was "racist"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom