• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently Minecraft is adding parrots in the next update. They are probably going to be like bats I'd imagine.

If they are, that'd just make them useless and annoying

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I went Zora > Master Sword > Goron > Rito > Gerudo

What timeline do you think Breath of the Wild is in? Evidence suggests the far future of Twilight Princess's one, beyond Four Sword Adventures but there's a few things complicating that. Namely, that the Gerudo and Sheikah races have shot back from their total absence and the Zora and Rito co-exist. The Korok instead of Kokiri thing is easily explained as they're forrest spirits who chose their form.

I'm wondering if it's some amalgamated timeline of the Child and Adult timelines of Ocarina.
I'm like 90% sure it's the Child timeline. There's a particular stone monument in Zora's Domain that all but confirms it for me, since it mentions that Ruto became a sage and helped the hero defeat Ganon, which means the Downfall timeline is impossible. The Adult timeline might make more sense at first considering in the Child timeline Link goes back and warns Zelda instead of actually fighting Ganondorf, until you remember that Hyrule was flooded and abandoned in the Adult timeline, not to mention Ganon was done for good in that timeline. I can't imagine someone went back and took the Master Sword out of his head...

The only other option I can think of is indeed the amalgamated timeline, since you can get the tunic that every Link ever wore, but those are only optional bonus amiibo things, so they probably don't mean anything in the long run.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
What timeline do you think Breath of the Wild is in? Evidence suggests the far future of Twilight Princess's one, beyond Four Sword Adventures but there's a few things complicating that. Namely, that the Gerudo and Sheikah races have shot back from their total absence and the Zora and Rito co-exist. The Korok instead of Kokiri thing is easily explained as they're forrest spirits who chose their form.

I'm wondering if it's some amalgamated timeline of the Child and Adult timelines of Ocarina.
I think it's a reboot of the entire timeline :troll:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

It's in the hero loses timeline.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I just listening to Shadows of Valentia's Celica Map 1 theme:

And I have to say, while this is really good, I still prefer Brawl's remix.
Wow. I actually prefer this over the Brawl version...and I loved the Brawl version.

D

Deleted member

So remember the Pokemon anime summaries that mentioned a flying glowing Pokemon that a lot assumed to be Ho oh?

Well the episode was previewed and
it's Tapu Lele.
I guess you could say there was Top Lel in regards to the reveal. :p

D

Deleted member

Also.....

The true ace of the team is even more a given than before.

INCINEROAR MASTER RACE!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

If BotW is in the Child timeline, that suggests FSA ganon is Ganon 3, as so far we've seen
Well, actually, it would suggest it's Ganon 2 who somehow escaped the FS
Actually, forget it, it doesn't make any semse for BotW to be in the Child Timeline because how the **** did Ganon escape in the first place?
Apparently Minecraft is adding parrots in the next update. They are probably going to be like bats I'd imagine.

If they are, that'd just make them useless and annoying
It's been so long since I played Minecraft
Last time was when they added that superboss, whatever its name was
I bet I'd be confused if I tried playing it now

Chrono.

lmao Destiny 2 got leaked and will apparently come out September 8th. Destiny left a VERY sour taste in everyone's mouth so I can't see it doing good
It'll do well.

It's still played and people always say they won't buy it but they do.

See: Every CoD game and how they sell millions even with supposed "franchise killers" like Ghosts and the recent Infinite Warfare.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I kinda hope Destiny 2 is on PC but at the same time the first one never enticed me so I'm not sure I'd ever touch it

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The winner is not L or even Lao, none other than the cute techie Lin Lee Koo. What can I say, she's really a nice character. Except for the tired gags of wanting to boil Tatsu like a potato.

Now this is going to obscure unless you go out of your way to recruit optional units on your Xenobalde X missions. Your choices are Alexa, Celicia, Frye Cristoph, and Boze. Unless you put a lot of time into the game, then chances are that you never recruited these guys.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Fan favorites like H.B. should be coming soon.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Since we're talking Zelda timeline, all I will say is I think BotW is either:
A) In the Adult timeline. Based off that embers of twilight quote only.

b) The far future where all the timelines somehow converged into one.
Really I don't have anything for this idea besides it being clear Ganon has attacked Hyrule many times. I don't bother with super-serious timeline debating, so its mostly just a random timeline idea that Nintendo might do for silly reasons. Again.
e5294622.png

Played more of Bomberman. Damn, it IS really hard, even on beginner. Gonna need practice.
Bomberman is fine, but it would be more fun if the game wasn't restricted on a Gem System that you have to pay with unit you run out and have to reset a planet if you don't have enough.

Especially when there are so many "Kill X Number of Enemies" levels in existence with too many obstacles.
Tip: Save scumming is possible by quitting the game before clearing a level, so when you load the game you'll have the same number of lives prior to starting the level. Useful when trying to grind a world for gems/not use up gems for a continue. Like when you loose all your lives to the level 9 boss :denzel:

RPG maker.
I kind of have trouble getting hyped for new 3DS titles (I don't wanna go back to the system after Switch), but Fes is an exception, and i'm very hyped for it. Like Mario Maker, but focused on making RPG games instead. and not inferior to the console version.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The winner is not L or even Lao, none other than the cute techie Lin Lee Koo. What can I say, she's really a nice character. Except for the tired gags of wanting to boil Tatsu like a potato.

Now this is going to obscure unless you go out of your way to recruit optional units on your Xenobalde X missions. Your choices are Alexa, Celicia, Frye Cristoph, and Boze. Unless you put a lot of time into the game, then chances are that you never recruited these guys.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Fan favorites like H.B. should be coming soon.
It's going to be a touch choice between Alexa and Celica. One is responsible for Skell weapons development and the other is a fan favorite with a big friend for a Final Smash.

You sure are going to alienate people who didn't recruite units in the Xenoblade X. :laugh:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is a really epic trailer.

If people ever ask me "what's Kingdom Hearts?", I'll just show them this.

Though that audio editing at the very end was pretty bad.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Well, actually, it would suggest it's Ganon 2 who somehow escaped the FS
Actually, forget it, it doesn't make any semse for BotW to be in the Child Timeline because how the **** did Ganon escape in the first place?
In the Child timeline he was sealed in the Realm of Twilight sometime after the events of OOT. Following that he escaped via Zant and was ultimately killed at the end of TP.

BotW's Calamity Ganon is a new incarnation altogether. Presumably, so is the Ganon we see in FSA.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Since we're talking Zelda timeline, all I will say is I think BotW is either:
A) In the Adult timeline. Based off that embers of twilight quote only.

b) The far future where all the timelines somehow converged into one.
Really I don't have anything for this idea besides it being clear Ganon has attacked Hyrule many times. I don't bother with super-serious timeline debating, so its mostly just a random timeline idea that Nintendo might do for silly reasons. Again.
View attachment 127225

Tip: Save scumming is possible by quitting the game before clearing a level, so when you load the game you'll have the same number of lives prior to starting the level. Useful when trying to grind a world for gems/not use up gems for a continue. Like when you loose all your lives to the level 9 boss :denzel:
I kind of have trouble getting hyped for new 3DS titles (I don't wanna go back to the system after Switch), but Fes is an exception, and i'm very hyped for it. Like Mario Maker, but focused on making RPG games instead. and not inferior to the console version.
I think you meant to say
The Child Timeline as that's where Twilight Princess takes place

D

Deleted member

In the Child timeline he was sealed in the Realm of Twilight sometime after the events of OOT. Following that he escaped via Zant and was ultimately killed at the end of TP.

BotW's Calamity Ganon is a new incarnation altogether. Presumably, so is the Ganon we see in FSA.
FSA!Ganon was always another Ganon in the same way Link's and Zelda's reincarnation work.
Though I didn't know about Calamity Ganon being confirmed as a new one, so I guess he is Ganon 3

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm lost in BotW. I still haven't gotten the paraglider and I can't find anymore shrines the Old Man asking me to go (and don't know how to pass the cold areas).

Am I doing something wrong?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'm lost in BotW. I still haven't gotten the paraglider and I can't find anymore shrines the Old Man asking me to go (and don't know how to pass the cold areas).

Am I doing something wrong?
One of the shrines is in that cold area and there's many ways you could do it.

You could hold a flaming torch to heat you up or simply find the Old Man's house and use spicy peppers to make cold resistant meals, for example.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
You're all wrong. BotW clearly takes place after Wind Waker, before Tri Force Heroes, and between Twilight Princess and Twilight Princess HD.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think that's fake

Although I know for a fact there are gender differences in pokemon go now
Nah its real, there' been multiple caught now. Here's gym footage:

And remember the Pokemon Anime episode title teasing the return of Ho-Oh?

Well its not Ho-oh but its not what you'd expect. The latest episode had a trailer for the next two episodes and the mysterious shinning figure is:

Tapu Lele

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
On one hand him not getting his monry back sounds bad
But as you say, it's the consequence of having questionable at best viewpoints that would reflect badly on others he works with.
Plus it means less exposure for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom