• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I did Zora > Rito > Gerudo > Goron.
I probably would have done Goron 2nd, but I wanted to travel the rest of the world to see if I could find any Fire proof clothing, but after going everywhere and not finding any I realized I had to make my own elixirs to go to Death Mountain.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I did Zora > Rito > Gerudo > Goron.
I probably would have done Goron 2nd, but I wanted to travel the rest of the world to see if I could find any heat resistant clothing, but after going everywhere and not finding any I realized I had to make my own elixirs to go to Death Mountain.
A woman at the stable just south of Death Mountain provides elixirs for you to travel to Goron City. I used her since the only things I found that grant the flame-proof bonus are the lizards on Death Mountain. Not too helpful if you ask me :/

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh hey, Super Mario Run is available for us Android plebs. Let's see if it feels worth the $10.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Wants to be a witch/super hero since they first saw their idols when they were kids
Gets on school about becoming one
Her/his idol is one of the teachers
Doesn't have any natural talent because they weren't born with magical power/a Quirk
The one they idolise pass down something for them(Shiny Rod/One For All)
Struggle to control their new powers
Yep, not to mention they both have a rival that already has potential. (Diana for Akko, Bakugo for Deku)
Nevertheless, both of them stands out because of their personality. Akko is out going whereas Deku tends to be shy sometimes.
Diana and and Bakugo are also different, of course, one is more mature and one likes to brag and gets pissed very easily.
LWA and MHA does have some similarities, but they both awesome anime in their own way.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh great, Super Mario Run costs $12.22 here.

...Some things never change I guess. I'll be damned if Nintendo manages to convert even 1% of the players here.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well that was fun. I'm definitely playing it more wronger than a fighting game has been wronged before, but that was fun. And much robo-nurse arm spamming and many free credits were used that day.

I have no idea how that got me to 71 on the leaderboards, but I'll take it. Kinda shocked though, seems like not many people must have bought it yet if I'm good enough to rank on the big boy list on my first try.

*tweets score*

*scrolls around just in case I see anyone familiar*

Chrono. Chrono. u never talked about this

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So apparently Shiny pokemon are in GO now, or at least Magicarp.

The shiny factor isn't locked to the pokemon but the player. For example I could catch this magicarp and it would be normal, but if it appears for Swamp it would be shiny.

Its a fair way to balance them and not have stampedes in the street to catch a shiny... I like it. Its not confirmed but the images and multiple reports make it likely.

I think that's fake

Although I know for a fact there are gender differences in pokemon go now

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Question to everyone who's played BotW: Which quest did you go for at first (as in, did you go for the Zoras, Gorons, Rito or Gerudo first)?

I ask because apparently most seem to go for the Zora questline at first, meanwhile I just kinda "ended up" doing the Rito stuff first (helped me out in the long run, warm gear + Revali's Gale > the Zora armor and Mipha's Grace).

I say ended up because I was just exploring and kinda just... Ended up in the Rito Village so I was like "might as well do it now."
Zora > Goron > Rito > Gerudo.

Moved towards Faron after Kakariko, but then mostly worked my way counter-clockwise from tower to tower. On my approach to Lanayru tower, and on the tower itself, I ran into enough zora discussing Zora's Domain that I made a stop while I was in the neighborhood, so that's why that one came first.

The other Divine Beasts I worked on after completing the map, and I don't have much of a reasoning for why I completed them in the order I did other than "moving towards adjacent unexplored regions and seeing what was there." Initially I went deeper into Akkala instead of Faron, which got me moving counter-clockwise, and I think that was primarily because I perceived Faron as a rainy region, which hindered my primary method of exploration at the time - lots and lots of climbing.

I also managed to snap up the thee-potion-deal from Foothill Stable, which set me about exploring Death Mountain. I purchased the Fireproof set in Goron City literally as the last five seconds on my final potion ticked down. I'd spent so much time faffing about the mountains and ignoring the roads that when I finally found the city it was a choice between rushing the clothing shop or rushing the shrine, as I'd burn if I tried doing both. I figured the shop would be marginally easier to locate.

From there I heard stories about the Master Sword in the Lost Woods, and when I couldn't figure that part out immediately, I was adjacent to Hebra and decided to keep going. Both Rito Village and Vah Medoh are absurdly impossible to miss, so I stopped in for a chat and suddenly I'm on a flying stone bird fighting BP's Oil Spill #3.

Went towards the Gerudo pretty soon afterwards, but it took me a while from there to complete Vah Nabooris. I got greedy for the Blademasters' swords after I realized they occasionally dropped them and they were awesome, but I kept writing checks my hearts couldn't cash so I bailed. Decided to sort out some sneakier gear and stuff my health bar before returning.

I finished exploration of Faron and delved deep into the other regions for gear and shrines before I returned, by which time I had a pile of electric weapons and cleaned up four Yiga Blademasters despite their one-shot shenanigans. Really wanted those swords. Got one for the trouble. Probably wouldn't have worried about it so much if I knew they'd eventually be donating them to me en masse as they were sent after me following the events at the hideout.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen

This is the color scheme I'll be working with. Obviously I still gotta work on the design, I wanna make the torso more sleek, so I'll play around with that a bit still, but the helmet is good (perhaps some minor changes). His main theme will be JUSTICE (like a time traveling hero of Justice - especially since Falcon's Knee of Justice will be part of his moveset - yes with name). I gotta find a way to drop the crosses into his design to represent that (arms, chest, cape, etc...).

Colors are chosen because: White and Gold associate with Justice, Bright blue is generally associated with time control/time travel, and red capes are most iconic of heroes, plus the red adds a nice contrast to the design (yellow, blue and red complement each other very well). I just gotta play around with it some to see how the colors will fall into the character, which I'll work with as I make the design more sleek. But yeah, like the rest of the roster, this is a solid first pass for him. This is a good general feel for what he'll be like. More detailed sketches for him and the rest eventually.

View attachment 127220
That reminds me of IXA lol
IMG_1139.JPG

Though IXA's got a killer design so that's a good thing
EDIT: I just remembered one of IXA's themes is called Fight For Justice lol

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What timeline do you think Breath of the Wild is in? Evidence suggests the far future of Twilight Princess's one, beyond Four Sword Adventures but there's a few things complicating that. Namely, that the Gerudo and Sheikah races have shot back from their total absence and the Zora and Rito co-exist. The Korok instead of Kokiri thing is easily explained as they're forrest spirits who chose their form.

I'm wondering if it's some amalgamated timeline of the Child and Adult timelines of Ocarina.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I swear I've seen the final boss from this game on Saltybet.

Not a single other character I can remember, but I remember seeing the final boss and kinda going "where on earth is that from??"

Well now I know I guess. :D

It already looked blatantly enough like an apocalyptic blob that mocked you for fighting it by it's very existence without the full source of it, but yeaaah. . .this confirms it pretty thoroughly, LOL

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Question to everyone who's played BotW: Which quest did you go for at first (as in, did you go for the Zoras, Gorons, Rito or Gerudo first)?

I ask because apparently most seem to go for the Zora questline at first, meanwhile I just kinda "ended up" doing the Rito stuff first (helped me out in the long run, warm gear + Revali's Gale > the Zora armor and Mipha's Grace).

I say ended up because I was just exploring and kinda just... Ended up in the Rito Village so I was like "might as well do it now."
Same thing happened with me, I got the quest to get the arrows for the Zora village, but when I encountered the Lynel so early on I thought "Nope!" Arrived at the Rito questline next and just ended up doing it, which I'm thankful for because of Revali's Gale being probably the best thing to have in the entire game.

Then I ended up going back to the Zoras because of heat and flames. Think I had the Sheikah stuff then so I just stealthed around the Lynel for the arrows. Mipha's Grace was really nice to have then, definitely the only dungeon ability that can even compare to Gale.

Finally the Gerudo leaving the Gorons for last.

Last edited:

Chrono.

So remember the Pokemon anime summaries that mentioned a flying glowing Pokemon that a lot assumed to be Ho oh?

Well the episode was previewed and
it's Tapu Lele.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
What timeline do you think Breath of the Wild is in? Evidence suggests the far future of Twilight Princess's one, beyond Four Sword Adventures but there's a few things complicating that. Namely, that the Gerudo and Sheikah races have shot back from their total absence and the Zora and Rito co-exist. The Korok instead of Kokiri thing is easily explained as they're forrest spirits who chose their form.

I'm wondering if it's some amalgamated timeline of the Child and Adult timelines of Ocarina.
I thought everyone had settled on Downfall because of the constant Ganon recurrence combined with Ruto awakening as a sage and the Triforce still being present with any inconsistencies being chalked up to whatever, but apparently everyone switched to going with the other two timelines again.

The only thing anyone seems to be able to agree on is that 10,000 years ago was beyond the entire rest of the timeline and thus we're in ultra-future.

Also knowing the new retcon and what happened to Lorule, Adult timeline's gonna be in for a baaaaaad day at some point assuming that didn't also rewrite reality to compensate for it.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
User was warned for this post
What folder are steam

It's the timeline where Ganon died after getting lost in the desert at the age of 5

Frenemy, sometimes he likes and respects Goku but also wants to delete the **** out of him for being dumb.
Right now is a full ally due the Universal Tournament,
Can't blame for wanting to do that
I thought everyone had settled on Downfall because of the constant Ganon recurrence combined with Ruto awakening as a sage and the Triforce still being present with any inconsistencies being chalked up to whatever, but apparently everyone switched to going with the other two timelines again.

The only thing anyone seems to be able to agree on is that 10,000 years ago was beyond the entire rest of the timeline and thus we're in ultra-future.

Also knowing the new retcon and what happened to Lorule, Adult timeline's gonna be in for a baaaaaad day at some point assuming that didn't also rewrite reality to compensate for it.
What happened to Lorule?

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

There's a lot of architecture in BotW we previously only seen in Twilight Princess such as the Bridge of Hylia, as well as Hyrule Castle and Castle Town resembling that of Twilight Princess...

The remains of Arbiter's Grounds can also be found in Gerudo Desert...

The biggest piece of evidence to support a child timeline placement is a statement from Zelda herself in the game where she quite obviously references previous Zelda titles one of which is Twilight Princess...

"Whether skyward bound, adrift in time, or steeped in the glowing embers of twilight..."

Also Dark Beast Ganon is very similar to how he appeared in Twilight Princess

I remember Aonuma also stating that this game had a connection to Twilight Princess HD, and given the HD remake had a whole lot of references to BotW, including the carving in Castle Town that featured the Rito...I remember when everyone thought it was strange since we previously only seen the Rito from another timeline...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Can't blame for wanting to do that

What happened to Lorule?
They rekt their Triforce on purpose so they wouldn't have to deal with the crud surrounding it and things went downhill from there.

Granted, I don't know Zelda lore to the deepest extent so it's possible getting the Triforce to wreck ITSELF might get around it, but otherwise Adult miiiiight have messed things up perma-erasing Hyrule.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
They rekt their Triforce on purpose so they wouldn't have to deal with the crud surrounding it and things went downhill from there.

Granted, I don't know Zelda lore to the deepest extent so it's possible getting the Triforce to wreck ITSELF might get around it, but otherwise Adult miiiiight have messed things up perma-erasing Hyrule.
Oh dear. Sucks to be them

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
There's a lot of architecture in BotW we previously only seen in Twilight Princess such as the Bridge of Hylia, as well as Hyrule Castle and Castle Town resembling that of Twilight Princess...

The remains of Arbiter's Grounds can also be found in Gerudo Desert...

The biggest piece of evidence to support a child timeline placement is a statement from Zelda herself in the game where she quite obviously references previous Zelda titles one of which is Twilight Princess...

"Whether skyward bound, adrift in time, or steeped in the glowing embers of twilight..."

Also Dark Beast Ganon is very similar to how he appeared in Twilight Princess

I remember Aonuma also stating that this game had a connection to Twilight Princess HD, and given the HD remake had a whole lot of references to BotW, including the carving in Castle Town that featured the Rito...I remember when everyone thought it was strange since we previously only seen the Rito from another timeline...
There's a problem with that: Ocarina happened at least well over 10,000 years ago and Twilight Princess wasn't. . .near that long after it. The architecture would have eroded beyond any active use at best.

Either it's a coincidence, a fated recurrence, or the linear part of the timeline is in even more of a pretzel than the parallel one.

Come to think of it, somebody check where that Cia chick is, she would have something to do with that right?

D

Deleted member

Gerudo were present in FSA
I haven't played BotW yet nor have I looked up any spoilers but if it's set on the far end of the Child Timeline, that means this is Ganon 2 on it(or 3, I don't remember if they kill him again in FSA)
So I just listening to Shadows of Valentia's Celica Map 1 theme:

And I have to say, while this is really good, I still prefer Brawl's remix.
I feel like this fits a map better
Brawl's remix is fantastic but it was for a fast-paced fight, not a strategic battle

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

While I'm pretty sure it's been explicitly stated to take place in the Child timeline - though I couldn't dig up the reference - it's just in a weird spot.

It references Twilight - multiple times, at least once directly - which places it in the Child timeline, where that happened. And we know Calamity Ganon is an incarnation, rather than Ganon himself (it's stated that in this incarnation, the hatred that made up Demise's curse decided to take a more direct approach than the comparatively subtle Ganondorf, hence the being of pure hatred we ended up with), which suggests Ganon isn't also around. He's died in the Child (Twilight era) and Fallen Hero (several eras) timelines, but the evidence would be stronger for the Child timeline, since no other ties to Fallen Hero seem to exist.

But also the sages Darunia, Nabooru, and Ruto, who existed in both but only awakened, far as we know, in the Adult timeline. Rito and Zora coexisting isn't technically out of the realm of possibility - perhaps they were just divergent evolutionary branches rather than mutually exclusive, or perhaps the Rito here have another explanation for their existance. Still, the only other Rito reference (or Korok reference) we have is again in the Adult timeline. And Vah Medoh is presumably named for Medii, as all the other Divine Beast names are sage references and her title as Sage of Earth fits the bill. Again, we're in Adult.

The Adult references are contradicted by Calamity Ganon, however, if Ganon was alive through this entire span (or multiple incarnations of Demise's hatred exist, which I think was once suggested). And any placement outside the Child timeline would have to explain the Twilight era references, the lack of the Great Flood, and whatever happened to New Hyrule, since the land's layout is more evocative of Old Hyrule (with Death Mountain in the world's upper right corner and the ruins of Lon Lon Ranch in Hyrule Field).

The only certainty I've found is that it takes place long, long after OOT - the Divine Beasts having been named for the Sages, and the time that would be spent cultivating that level of technology, suggests a lengthy span past OoT just to arrive at the first Calamity Ganon conflict 10.000 years prior to the present of BotW.

It's possible that they didn't figure out a path to Hyrule except in the Downfall timeline - possibly any of the actions in LttP, the Oracle games, or Awakening could have triggered the initial conditions which lead to the cracks that were used to traverse the worlds.

Or perhaps some subtle part of Ganon snuck off this way after being defeated in LttP, considering how reminiscent Lorule is of the Dark World and how Yuga, and presumably Hilda, are aware of both his existence and posession of the Triforce of Power. He would've been imprisoned elsewhere during the equivalent era in the other two timelines and presumably unable to do so.

Since Lorule went into a death spiral following their destruction of the Triforce, if either of the above is correct they probably just got left to die.

There's a problem with that: Ocarina happened at least well over 10,000 years ago and Twilight Princess wasn't. . .near that long after it. The architecture would have eroded beyond any active use at best.

Either it's a coincidence, a fated recurrence, or the linear part of the timeline is in even more of a pretzel than the parallel one.
I'll take Rold Gold for $1000, Alex.

Presumably people returned to living in these regions post-Twilight until the Calamity forced them out, and if they maintained them while living there, then we'd only have about 100 years of decay to deal with. The Bridge of Eldin is a good example, since that route would have been likely to have been kept up in a stable Hyrule.

Possibly the constant excavation which unearthed the Guardians et al. also uncovered old ruins. Doesn't explain Lon Lon well, but it would be alright for the Arbiter's Grounds.

Come to think of it, somebody check where that Cia chick is, she would have something to do with that right?
Hyrule Warriors isn't regarded as canon.

Therefore either Cia hasn't done anything in any other timelines, or she's only in HW as a plot excuse. My money leans to the latter until she shows up elsewhere.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I don't think the events of 10,000 years ago was referring to OoT...I think it's an isolated incident that we haven't seen in a game before given the large presence of Sheikah tech (the presence of the Guardians and Divine Beasts) that was mentioned but we haven't seen in any other game...

With maintenance anything can endure for a long period of time, and there was prolonged periods of peace directly after Twilight Princess...The Bridge of Hylia was likely rebuilt after Twilight Princess given it's more refined look in comparison, and Arbiter's Grounds was largely abandoned in Twilight Princess and you can see what's left of it in this game...

Thing is, I don't think the devs were going for realism in that regard...for example any wooded houses and towns damaged during the Calamity would've rotted away or have been overgrown with vegetation within 100 years yet it still looks like the damamge was fairly recent...Especially the remains of what is likely Lon Lon Ranch...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Black Adam confirmed.
Only three characters left to be properly seen going by the leak.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Black Adam confirmed.
Only three characters left to be properly seen going by the leak.

Joker, Scarecrow, Captain Cold and wasn't Mr. Freeze on that link too?

I hope Mr. Freeze is part of Bat's new Justice League

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Happy 5th anniversary to Smash 4's main source of Sakubias.

Didn't that change to Fire Emblem? :p

At least, I haven't heard a Kid Icarus complaint since the DLC.

While I'm pretty sure it's been explicitly stated to take place in the Child timeline - though I couldn't dig up the reference - it's just in a weird spot.

It references Twilight - multiple times, at least once directly - which places it in the Child timeline, where that happened. And we know Calamity Ganon is an incarnation, rather than Ganon himself (it's stated that in this incarnation, the hatred that made up Demise's curse decided to take a more direct approach than the comparatively subtle Ganondorf, hence the being of pure hatred we ended up with), which suggests Ganon isn't also around. He's died in the Child (Twilight era) and Fallen Hero (several eras) timelines, but the evidence would be stronger for the Child timeline, since no other ties to Fallen Hero seem to exist.

But also the sages Darunia, Nabooru, and Ruto, who existed in both but only awakened, far as we know, in the Adult timeline. Rito and Zora coexisting isn't technically out of the realm of possibility - perhaps they were just divergent evolutionary branches rather than mutually exclusive, or perhaps the Rito here have another explanation for their existance. Still, the only other Rito reference (or Korok reference) we have is again in the Adult timeline. And Vah Medoh is presumably named for Medii, as all the other Divine Beast names are sage references and her title as Sage of Earth fits the bill. Again, we're in Adult.

The Adult references are contradicted by Calamity Ganon, however, if Ganon was alive through this entire span (or multiple incarnations of Demise's hatred exist, which I think was once suggested). And any placement outside the Child timeline would have to explain the Twilight era references, the lack of the Great Flood, and whatever happened to New Hyrule, since the land's layout is more evocative of Old Hyrule (with Death Mountain in the world's upper right corner and the ruins of Lon Lon Ranch in Hyrule Field).

The only certainty I've found is that it takes place long, long after OOT - the Divine Beasts having been named for the Sages, and the time that would be spent cultivating that level of technology, suggests a lengthy span past OoT just to arrive at the first Calamity Ganon conflict 10.000 years prior to the present of BotW.

It's possible that they didn't figure out a path to Hyrule except in the Downfall timeline - possibly any of the actions in LttP, the Oracle games, or Awakening could have triggered the initial conditions which lead to the cracks that were used to traverse the worlds.

Or perhaps some subtle part of Ganon snuck off this way after being defeated in LttP, considering how reminiscent Lorule is of the Dark World and how Yuga, and presumably Hilda, are aware of both his existence and posession of the Triforce of Power. He would've been imprisoned elsewhere during the equivalent era in the other two timelines and presumably unable to do so.

Since Lorule went into a death spiral following their destruction of the Triforce, if either of the above is correct they probably just got left to die.

I'll take Rold Gold for $1000, Alex.

Presumably people returned to living in these regions post-Twilight until the Calamity forced them out, and if they maintained them while living there, then we'd only have about 100 years of decay to deal with. The Bridge of Eldin is a good example, since that route would have been likely to have been kept up in a stable Hyrule.

Possibly the constant excavation which unearthed the Guardians et al. also uncovered old ruins. Doesn't explain Lon Lon well, but it would be alright for the Arbiter's Grounds.

Hyrule Warriors isn't regarded as canon.

Therefore either Cia hasn't done anything in any other timelines, or she's only in HW as a plot excuse. My money leans to the latter until she shows up elsewhere.
Not to worry, Cia part 'tis a joke.

Has there ever been a location IRL kept up for long enough to get an idea how 10,000 years would work? There's a wall in Jerusalem I know has been upkept for a fifth of that time, but it's still eroded enough now that people can shove hundreds of little papers into the massive cracks.

There's the option of rebuilding if it gets bad enough, but the much older Sphinx in Egypt still has obvious repair points over several time frames and it's possible that might not even be how it's face originally looked even aside from the missing nose.

Neither of these are quite long enough, though, as 10,000 years ago is pretty much the point human civilization started to scrape itself off the ground and thus there's not even a structure to compare it with. Much newer structures do seem to have erosion issues that would at least alter the appearance of structures a bit beyond what 100 years of neglect would do, though.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Gerudo were present in FSA
I haven't played BotW yet nor have I looked up any spoilers but if it's set on the far end of the Child Timeline, that means this is Ganon 2 on it(or 3, I don't remember if they kill him again in FSA)
They seal him in the Four Sword in FSA. If BotW is in the Child timeline, that suggests FSA ganon is Ganon 3, as so far we've seen that if he's sealed he doesn't return until he unseals himself.

Unless we get a sequel to FSA where he escapes, and then gets destroyed, which would free him up to reincarnate as Calamity Ganon.

Or until Hyrule Invasion where we find out Ganon is a race of aliens.

Hey, it's plausible as anything Eiji's got.

Not to worry, Cia part 'tis a joke.

Has there ever been a location IRL kept up for long enough to get an idea how 10,000 years would work? There's a wall in Jerusalem I know has been upkept for a fifth of that time, but it's still eroded enough now that people can shove hundreds of little papers into the massive cracks.

There's the option of rebuilding if it gets bad enough, but the much older Sphinx in Egypt still has obvious repair points over several time frames and it's possible that might not even be how it's face originally looked even aside from the missing nose.

Neither of these are quite long enough, though, as 10,000 years ago is pretty much the point human civilization started to scrape itself off the ground and thus there's not even a structure to compare it with. Much newer structures do seem to have erosion issues that would at least alter the appearance of structures a bit beyond what 100 years of neglect would do, though.
It's cool, I'm still holding out for Linkle.

As for the 10,000 year question, not really. Best record holder Wikipedia's got is Luxor, Egypt at approximately 5200 years.

A couple cities have claims to continuous habitation for that long, though. Damascus, in Syria, has claims of approximately 9000 BC, but that's from archaeological digs on the outskirts, and it doesn't confirm that it was a city at the time per se. We know digs happened in Hyrule in preparation for the Calamity, but we don't have enough info on precisely where to really pin down what they may have unearthed.

The wear and tear is a whole other issue. I personally think that 100 years of roving Bokoblin gangs would've reduced every structure not actively maintained in Hyrule to rubble (hell, with as many blast barrels as they've got, I'd give 'em a decade), but here we are in a world where stuff's still standing.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I don't think the events of 10,000 years ago was referring to OoT...I think it's an isolated incident that we haven't seen in a game before given the large presence of Sheikah tech (the presence of the Guardians and Divine Beasts) that was mentioned but we haven't seen in any other game...

With maintenance anything can endure for a long period of time, and there was prolonged periods of peace directly after Twilight Princess...The Bridge of Hylia was likely rebuilt after Twilight Princess given it's more refined look in comparison, and Arbiter's Grounds was largely abandoned in Twilight Princess and you can see what's left of it in this game...

Thing is, I don't think the devs were going for realism in that regard...for example any wooded houses and towns damaged during the Calamity would've rotted away or have been overgrown with vegetation within 100 years yet it still looks like the damamge was fairly recent...Especially the remains of what is likely Lon Lon Ranch...
Oh, the incident from 10,000 years ago has nothing to do with Ocarina of Time aside from being a reference point.

The same text that stated Ruto awoke as a sage also said Ocarina of Time happened BEFORE the Divine Beasts were ever created, and the Divine Beasts are stated multiple times in the game to be named after the sages.

That's why I start to wonder how long they'd keep repairing everything before it either had obvious patching or they just gave up.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Just like how Catwoman was a premier skin for Cheetah
Except Mr Freeze literally has nothing to differentiate himself from Captain Cold aside from a powersuit that just gives him better strength.
Plus a guy's seen the final CSS. Freeze wasn't on there. Cold was.

Destiny left a VERY sour taste in everyone's mouth so I can't see it doing good
The game still has quite a big player base though.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Except Mr Freeze literally has nothing to differentiate himself from Captain Cold aside from a powersuit that just gives him better strength.

Damnit. That stinks. :mad:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

It's still known for bad ****. Hell, a friend of mine still rants about the line "I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain"

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Captain Cold's gun apparently freezes things a lot colder than Mr. Freeze

Makes sense.

Captain Cold's enemy - The Flash

Mr. Freeze's enemy - Batman

Batman powers - $$$, kung fu

Flash's powers - The ability to travel faster than the speed of light and phase through objects, travel in time

Captain Cold may be colder, but Mr. Freeze is cooler

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Frenemy, sometimes he likes and respects Goku but also wants to delete the **** out of him for being dumb.
Right now is a full ally due the Universal Tournament,
From the little episodes I saw on toonami, I think Im liking lord beerus..s character
I swear I've seen the final boss from this game on Saltybet.

Not a single other character I can remember, but I remember seeing the final boss and kinda going "where on earth is that from??"

Well now I know I guess. :D

It already looked blatantly enough like an apocalyptic blob that mocked you for fighting it by it's very existence without the full source of it, but yeaaah. . .this confirms it pretty thoroughly, LOL
I heard Saltybet? You talkin about Saltybet?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom