• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Yup. I'm pretty sure if a game punches through the 100 hour mark for you that at least says SOMETHING good about it, even if for me those numbers can be dramatically inflated by just having a good OST and a sound test.

Speaking of OSTs, I actually did find "my kind of song" in BotW, BTW, but you can't really hear it over the din of the fight that triggers it that well and it's a fight I don't want to go out of my way to repeat unless I get something out of it I want that I can't get otherwise, LOL. It's the good stuff, though.

Molduga Phase 2 wooooooooo
Personally one of my favourites...those violins are god-like!!

Question to everyone who's played BotW: Which quest did you go for at first (as in, did you go for the Zoras, Gorons, Rito or Gerudo first)?

I ask because apparently most seem to go for the Zora questline at first, meanwhile I just kinda "ended up" doing the Rito stuff first (helped me out in the long run, warm gear + Revali's Gale > the Zora armor and Mipha's Grace).

I say ended up because I was just exploring and kinda just... Ended up in the Rito Village so I was like "might as well do it now."
One of the first orders of business (at least storywise) after the Great Plateau was to head to Kakariko to speak with Impa, Zora's Domain was conveniently the closest of the four hence why I and most likely many other people went there first...

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Question to everyone who's played BotW: Which quest did you go for at first (as in, did you go for the Zoras, Gorons, Rito or Gerudo first)?

I ask because apparently most seem to go for the Zora questline at first, meanwhile I just kinda "ended up" doing the Rito stuff first (helped me out in the long run, warm gear + Revali's Gale > the Zora armor and Mipha's Grace).

I say ended up because I was just exploring and kinda just... Ended up in the Rito Village so I was like "might as well do it now."
Goron first. Cause my best friend went with Zora and I wanted to do it in a different order.

Ivander

Smash Legend

For very first, I went to Hateno for the memories. For the 4 races, I ended up doing the Zora line first since it was the closest one due to being close to Kakariko. Afterward, I did Goron next, then the Gerudo then the Rito. That being said, I actually went after a whole bunch of the towers first. I think I only had one tower left by the time I actually did one of the quest lines that wasn't Kakariko or Hateno.
If I had any legitimate issues it's the motion control puzzles. But thankfully there's not even a lot of them. My only other issue is the Rain. It's just a bit too frequent for my liking.
I would like to say that is my issue as well, but only the one actually gave me real frustration where I ended up completing that one through sheer luck and yet the next one that was the same concept ended up being really easy and had no need for lady luck. I honestly do not know why I had so much trouble with the first one, yet had absolutely no trouble with the second one. I really don't know what happened. :confused:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I started with Zora and went counterclockwise across the map from there. It just seemed like that was the natural progression... but most people seem to have not done it in that order.

Also Chrono. Chrono. you crazy, Mipha's Grace saved my ass constantly, whereas I used Revali's Gale once. To get a chest. :p

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Zora > Rito > Gerudo > Gorons

The Zora were closer once I got the quest and I scaled the tower towards the start of the road in to the Domain and saw a Zora up top that I think told me Sidon was waiting. Then I glided down and found another also telling me about Sidon. Went along a bit and Bro Sidon appeared.

I would like to say that is my issue as well, but only the one actually gave me real frustration where I ended up completing that one through sheer luck and yet the next one that was the same concept ended up being really easy and had no need for lady luck. I honestly do not know why I had so much trouble with the first one, yet had absolutely no trouble with the second one. I really don't know what happened. :confused:
I'd say you maybe got used to it? I hated them all pretty much.

They just never clicked for me, maybe in part because of me using the Pro controller which is pretty hefty on top of me not really using motion controls with a traditional controller before.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I started with Zora and went counterclockwise across the map from there. It just seemed like that was the natural progression... but most people seem to have not done it in that order.
This is the approach I took as well.

Chrono.

Also Chrono. Chrono. you crazy, Mipha's Grace saved my *** constantly, whereas I used Revali's Gale once. To get a chest. :p
The latter is just super helpful to me since I like to climb mountains and go wherever a lot. Also saves a ton of time in climbing up Towers.

I only juuust got Mipha's Grace so be easy on me. :p

D

Deleted member

@Rider Gwen

This is the color scheme I'll be working with. Obviously I still gotta work on the design, I wanna make the torso more sleek, so I'll play around with that a bit still, but the helmet is good (perhaps some minor changes). His main theme will be JUSTICE (like a time traveling hero of Justice - especially since Falcon's Knee of Justice will be part of his moveset - yes with name). I gotta find a way to drop the crosses into his design to represent that (arms, chest, cape, etc...).

Colors are chosen because: White and Gold associate with Justice, Bright blue is generally associated with time control/time travel, and red capes are most iconic of heroes, plus the red adds a nice contrast to the design (yellow, blue and red complement each other very well). I just gotta play around with it some to see how the colors will fall into the character, which I'll work with as I make the design more sleek. But yeah, like the rest of the roster, this is a solid first pass for him. This is a good general feel for what he'll be like. More detailed sketches for him and the rest eventually.

Hero of Justice.jpg

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I did Rito -> Zora -> Gerudo -> Goron. There was a HUGE gap between the first half and the last half, while the last two were done to some extent simultaneously but with Gerudo starting a long time earlier and ending first. I think I'd managed to just start Zora before I did Rito as well, but only just beginning the initial trek and then wandering off to do other things instead.

Rito Village kinda feels more like home than the other places somehow. Even if the air is cold, the place feels warm and welcoming in it's own way. They're a simpler folk out there, but perhaps that makes them more approachable.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The latter is just super helpful to me since I like to climb mountains and go wherever a lot. Also saves a ton of time in climbing up Towers.

I only juuust got Mipha's Grace so be easy on me. :p
I would guess they probably differ due to progress made up until that point.

When I got Mipha's Grace my defences were still pretty non-existent and my hearts were minimal so it helped, but when I got Revali's Gale I had already filled another ring of stamina, so climbing wasn't much of a problem anymore. Whereas later in the game I didn't need Mipha's Grace much at all with the hearts and equipment buffs. Though I maintain it's still the best of the four. Probably why they only let you use it once and it has a hefty recharge time.

That said, I only even used two of the four regularly.

D

Deleted member

I love these... so so much:

The animation and art style add so much charm to these. Studio Yotta, those guys have some serious talent.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'd say you maybe got used to it? I hated them all pretty much.

They just never clicked for me, maybe in part because of me using the Pro controller which is pretty hefty on top of me not really using motion controls with a traditional controller before.

No way. It wasn't a getting used to it deal. Before that one specific motion control shrine, I had absolutely no problem with the motion controls. I took my time to learn what did what, what made something move this direction, and I did them with no problem. What's more, I've had no trouble with the other ones that weren't like this specific one afterwards.

This specific one, using a Hammer to hit something continually......when I was trying to learn what did what, it was so.....incredibly random. Like I was trying desperately to figure out what needed to be done in order to allow the hammer to hit the ball. I was taking my time, yet whenever it felt like I had it, the hammer would "curve" in the most asinine of ways at the moment where I thought I was going to get to hit the ball. It was so incredibly frustrating and it was even more frustrating at the fact that I ended up getting the last-needed hits through sheer luck. I was legitimately angry.

After that thing, eventually in the next couple days or something, I end up running into another shrine that was the same concept of needing to use a hammer to hit a ball. But not only was the frustration from the last one coming back, but I realized that this one asked for more. I actually had to try to get it into a hole, whereas with the last one, it was positioned like a pinball machine and all I had to do was just hit it a couple times in order to do it.
I was afraid I was going to be there forever because of how frustrating the last one was to control.....than I did it in one go....I was actually able to control it....it never did a single random curve.....it did exactly what I wanted it to do.....and that's not even the most of it.
There was an extra one in the shrine where I had to hit the ball to get one of the treasures in the shrine. What's more, I actually had to angle the hammer and hit the ball at the angle in order to get it into the hole on the other side by a slope. Once again, fear took place and I thought I was going to be there forever.....I got it on the second go.....once again, it did exactly what I wanted it to do....I was actually controlling it without it doing any asinine curves or movements. I was speechless. :confused:

See what I mean? Both are the exact same deal. Using a hammer to hit a ball. The only difference between them is the first one acting and having to be hit like the ball-starter on a pinball machine and the second one was like a game of mini-golf, but both of them used the same hammer. I ended up getting frustrated at the one where the ball was stationary and came back to be hit again. I had no trouble with the one that's practically a game of mini-golf and we know how frustrating golf can be in some scenarios.

The only thing I think on why I had so much trouble was that I was using the Joy-cons by themselves and later placed them on the controller thing for the first one while I was using the Portable Mode(Joy-cons on the Switch) for the second one. That's the only explanation I can think of.
Hey tomorrow is the Splatoon 2 test fire!
Isn't that on the 24th?

Last edited:

Chrono.

After that thing, eventually in the next couple days or something, I end up running into another shrine that was the same concept of needing to use a hammer to hit a ball. But not only was the frustration from the last one coming back, but I realized that this one asked for more. I actually had to try to get it into a hole, whereas with the last one, it was positioned like a pinball machine and all I had to do was just hit it a couple times in order to do it.
I was afraid I was going to be there forever because of how frustrating the last one was to control.....than I did it in one go....I was actually able to control it....it never did a single random curve.....it did exactly what I wanted it to do.....and that's not even the most of it.
There was an extra one in the shrine where I had to hit the ball to get one of the treasures in the shrine. What's more, I actually had to angle the hammer and hit the ball at the angle in order to get it into the hole on the other side by a slope. Once again, fear took place and I thought I was going to be there forever.....I got it on the second go.....once again, it did exactly what I wanted it to do....I was actually controlling it without it doing any asinine curves or movements. I was speechless. :confused:
lol I actually ran into this one today.

When it came down to doing the extra one for the treasure, I found out I can just use the right Joy Con for the motion and it helped a ton. Also helped when I figured out I didn't have to hit it in an angle at all, because there was a ramp right in front of the ball (the camera angle really didn't help there though).

D

Deleted member

Ninja Sex Party.
Oh. I only like those 3 specifically, and mostly cause of the animation than the music. The Metal Gear one especially never fails to make me chuckle. Their characterization of Link and Snake are great.

But yeah, I get what you mean. Their jokes are very hit or miss, and oftentimes feel forced. Those three however are 10/10, but again, I'm looking at the art more than the music personally. I love how much life there is in each frame.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@Rider Gwen

This is the color scheme I'll be working with. Obviously I still gotta work on the design, I wanna make the torso more sleek, so I'll play around with that a bit still, but the helmet is good (perhaps some minor changes). His main theme will be JUSTICE (like a time traveling hero of Justice - especially since Falcon's Knee of Justice will be part of his moveset - yes with name). I gotta find a way to drop the crosses into his design to represent that (arms, chest, cape, etc...).

Colors are chosen because: White and Gold associate with Justice, Bright blue is generally associated with time control/time travel, and red capes are most iconic of heroes, plus the red adds a nice contrast to the design (yellow, blue and red complement each other very well). I just gotta play around with it some to see how the colors will fall into the character, which I'll work with as I make the design more sleek. But yeah, like the rest of the roster, this is a solid first pass for him. This is a good general feel for what he'll be like. More detailed sketches for him and the rest eventually.

View attachment 127220
I'm really digging the white and gold color scheme.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Or just Ancient Arrows to blow the ****ers up.

Either way I got through that with sheer will and cheese.
I got through it with specialized armor, a certain legendary sword, some food, and picking every single one off one by one. Didn't even use Ancient Arrows, those I used to cheese a completely different part of the game.

Dunno what all this is about using a certain other thing.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So ive been watching DBZ and I have to ask this.. Is lord beerus a frenemy or is he just straight up an enemy?

I having a hard time figuring this out
Frenemy, sometimes he likes and respects Goku but also wants to delete the **** out of him for being dumb.
Right now is a full ally due the Universal Tournament,

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Or just Ancient Arrows to blow the ****ers up.

Either way I got through that with sheer will and cheese.
I made it through with my wit...and literally just constantly moving forward since they don't lead their shots...

The updrafts there are very handy...

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Wait.. I thought guardians never respawned.
Pretty sure they do, I've killed the same Guardians many times...

You can't search fallen guardians more than once I'm pretty sure though...but active guardians do respawn...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Pretty sure they do, I've killed the same Guardians many times...

You can't search fallen guardians more than once I'm pretty sure though...but active guardians do respawn...
Well now I'm pissed. I killed a bunch of guardians in Hyrule Castle so that when I go back it'd be easier to find the memory and you say they reapawn? **** me.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well I may as well pick up Waku Waku 7 if I keep thinking about it and it's only eight bucks.

*turns on*

. . .

This game feels like a reason why epilepsy warnings exist, LOL.

I guess according to arcade logic I need to die 34 times before I get my money's worth. Shouldn't be too hard, right?

*EDIT* I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing :D

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

Funnily enough this is the exact order that I was planning to go; Zora > Goron > Rito and finish with the best (crossdressing Link for the lulz) I think I might keep it this way, but I think given the whole open-world nature, I might reverse the last two once I free Vah Rudania, since we've gone Metal Gear Solid on Death Mountain. The Zora's probably the easiest to start off with since it's quite close to where
The King points you towards Kakariko Village
, but afterwards I then went to the Goron quest line.

Actually, I might save the Gerudo for last, now that I think about it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So apparently Shiny pokemon are in GO now, or at least Magicarp.

The shiny factor isn't locked to the pokemon but the player. For example I could catch this magicarp and it would be normal, but if it appears for Swamp it would be shiny.

Its a fair way to balance them and not have stampedes in the street to catch a shiny... I like it. Its not confirmed but the images and multiple reports make it likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom