• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Outside of Majora's Mask, and maybe Wind Waker, Zelda has never had a good story in general. It's very low tier fantasy overall.

I would say I'm disappointed, but I never really expected much tbh. I do think there is a lot of missed opportunity for something actually quite good with some thought provoking themes and the like. Calamity Ganon feels a lot like that black sludge thing from Mononoke, and the overall setting evokes Ghibli heavily, which is a pity the story overall feels extremely cookie cutter and generic.

As for the characters, they're all incredibly cliche and one-note. Especially the Champions. That said I should note I haven't beaten the game yet. I've only just finished all the main dungeons. Though I hear it gets worse from here.

Everyone likes the princess a lot because she's very pretty, and a bit tsundere, but personally, I quite dislike her, and I blame the atrocious voice acting most of all. What I guess is supposed to come off as endearing and cute, makes her seem like a stuck up ***** tbh, and it doesn't help that most of the time she's portrayed as incompetent, and in need of rescue. And again, it just makes me think... "well we could have had someone like Sen in Mononoke, and instead we got this." And it is quite bad when you think of Skyward Sword Zelda, who had her own adventure and stuff, which is one of the few positive things I'd have to say about that game.

As for the non-linear game design affecting the story... nah, I think the way the story was presented was just fine. Having to piece things together is a great way to keep the reader engaged in your plot. The problem is the plot itself is very weak and uninteresting. On a different note, I feel the excessive freedom of the game really hurt the GAMEPLAY. BotW is certainly a game that gets more boring the more you play it. The first few hours of the game are amazing, and then the grind and flaws really start to show. My biggest complaint are the definitely the shrines replacing the classic Zelda dungeons. Though I will praise Nintendo for willing to reinvent the series to such extremes. Just don't do it again. Bring back the 8 dungeons in the next game (make it OW though).
I didn't feel like Zelda was incompetent so much as the situation was just. . .physically out of her control. There was one moment where she's incompetent and a "damsel" and even she admitted herself she was an idiot for letting that happen. She wasn't trained for combat and she might not have even been allowed to, her life was entirely dedicated to a single noncombatant role and she wanted to pursue another one. I don't think being a warrior princess would have made her character any deeper. Some additional exploring of her character, yes, but making a character "cooler" doesn't give them more depth. Heck, the main reason the rest seem shallow is because they were hardly touched upon at all, not because what little was there was shallow.

As for dungeons, if they're anything like the "get key to get map to get key" of the few Zelda's I've played -and from what I've heard they seem to be- then they're clunky and formulaic. Replace the shrines with something for all I care but crawling back to the old formula would be a disservice to everything BotW represents. Don't go "this is the Temple of Element, go get the Master Key that unlocks the door to the Gimmick Boss of Item" on me, mesh the puzzles with the environment so it feels natural and like something someone would actually build instead of like it was stoneforged by middle aged video game designers.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Breath of the Wild should be used as a foundation for future 3D Zelda games. Let the old formula die please.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Breath of the Wild should be used as a foundation for future 3D Zelda games. Let the old formula die please.
I feel like they can blend appropriately.

Apply some of BotW's sensibilities regarding exploration of the world itself to expansive, coherent locations and you'll end up with the kind of sprawling dungeons absent from this iteration.

Let us spend more time with individual characters while continuing to pepper lore throughout and issues regarding characterization and story may clear up.

Allow Ganon to interact at least slightly more with the player than as sentient black mold so our motivation and focus never falters, though perhaps realize that his hands-off approach in BotW is also good in degrees for allowing the player to explore the world at their leisure.

Learn from the past, learn from the present, make a decent future. Same way with everything.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Real talk.

I have this image in my head now that's kind of like:

And I'm kind of okay with that.
Pfffffhahahaha

But really, I have a completely different vision of where I want Zelda to go after BotW even if I can understand their viewpoints and that there are areas that could use improvement.

Fans say "We want a dozen more enemies because nostalgia," I say "I want three more enemies as good as the best ones we have, I'd rather have a handful of enemies with great interactions than a bunch with only one attack that I forget as soon as I've stopped fighting them."

Fans say "We want our old dungeons back," I say "Puzzles as most people make them bore me, don't hit me in the face with the fact that I'm solving a puzzle while I do it."

I'll bring up the idea I had before. I imagined whatever was in the Wii U tech demo as a dungeon boss. Except, instead of a dungeon or a pristine temple, it had taken over a fort or something, and as you go further in the place slowly begins to be further and further covered in it's webbing. So instead of the place having constructed puzzles, every puzzle aside from possibly one or two initial ones (getting past the wooden front door, maybe?) is formed from it's webbing or other damage it has done being there in some way, with you having to find ways to remove, manipulate, or traverse it. All the while it shows tangible evidence of it's presence and what it has done and slowly gives you an idea of what you're in for.

The idea would perhaps extend to other places, with navigating rubble damaged in specific ways or roots from a giant plant or whatever else you can think of being the puzzles instead of the puzzles and boss just being -there- with no relation to the world or each other. These areas would have been occupied by the bosses very recently, and the plot would relate to that.

If there are ancient man-made dungeons of treasure, I'd rather they be far outnumbered by environmental ones and have an Indiana Jones feel instead of an "I'm solving a video game puzzle" feel.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yes and no.

I feel like they can blend appropriately.

Apply some of BotW's sensibilities regarding exploration of the world itself to expansive, coherent locations and you'll end up with the kind of sprawling dungeons absent from this iteration.

Let us spend more time with individual characters while continuing to pepper lore throughout and issues regarding characterization and story may clear up.

Allow Ganon to interact at least slightly more with the player than as sentient black mold so our motivation and focus never falters, though perhaps realize that his hands-off approach in BotW is also good in degrees for allowing the player to explore the world at their leisure.

Learn from the past, learn from the present, make a decent future. Same way with everything.
This.

Go back tot he classic LoZ formula. I'm fine with the next batch of Zeldas being OW. In fact, I hope they go the Majora's Mask route with BotW and make a sequel to it using all the assets from BotW.

From there on, I think it should be OW, with planned progression you can sequence break and free exploration. Like the first LoZ. 8 separate themed dungeons with a boss and an item that helps you more easily explore different parts of the world. You can do them all in more or less any order, but there is a recommended path given the items you find in the dungeons. In fact, I'd love it if the franchise looked more deeply in to Adventure of Link, game's got tons of awesome concepts. And for the love of god, get rid of the weapon break mechanic, and fix the combat please. Get rid of the Shrines, and replace them with mini-dungeons a la TP. Bring back heart containers and the magic meter, and the upgrade system from SS. And add a crafting mechanic much like the one in Monster Hunter.

As for the Story, but Ganondorf on the shelf, and introduce more unique villains with more personal stakes. The best Zelda narratives have been the one where Ganon isn't the main boss, and the stakes aren't "save the World."
Skull Kid, Shadow Link, etc... have all been great and more memorably villains than Ganon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Honestly, I want them to use that Hyrule alien invasion concept for either a DLC expansion or a Majora's Mask style sequel

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
But Red!
Sonic and Pokemon are cool again and there's a Power Rangers movie coming out, we ARE in the 90's!
No one should want to go back to the 90s
Well huh. A falling rock just came down and punted me off my horse, while it missed the horse underneath and the horse came out perfectly fine.

I still gave them an armful of apples as an apple-ogy, though.
Speaking of horses, how many hits does it take for one to die? mine caught on fire once and just...ran off like nothing matters

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Yes and no.

This.

Go back tot he classic LoZ formula. I'm fine with the next batch of Zeldas being OW. In fact, I hope they go the Majora's Mask route with BotW and make a sequel to it using all the assets from BotW.

From there on, I think it should be OW, with planned progression you can sequence break and free exploration. Like the first LoZ. 8 separate themed dungeons with a boss and an item that helps you more easily explore different parts of the world. You can do them all in more or less any order, but there is a recommended path given the items you find in the dungeons. In fact, I'd love it if the franchise looked more deeply in to Adventure of Link, game's got tons of awesome concepts. And for the love of god, get rid of the weapon break mechanic, and fix the combat please. Get rid of the Shrines, and replace them with mini-dungeons a la TP. Bring back heart containers and the magic meter, and the upgrade system from SS. And add a crafting mechanic much like the one in Monster Hunter.

As for the Story, but Ganondorf on the shelf, and introduce more unique villains with more personal stakes. The best Zelda narratives have been the one where Ganon isn't the main boss, and the stakes aren't "save the World."
Skull Kid, Shadow Link, etc... have all been great and more memorably villains than Ganon.
I want to wander around messing around with sidequests, I don't want 80% of the game locked behind having to use incredibly boring and situational items in dungeons on gimmick objects to get past that secret path behind the town. Unless the reward for the dungeon is my own pet Loftwing or something that's a very hard sell for me.

Weapon breaking seems like kind of a band-aid for the inevitable situation of someone on the internet going "Hey, THIS is the best weapon in the game!" and everyone swarming to use that and ignoring everything else before proceeding to shout "there's nothing I can do or find in this game!" because they refuse to use anything but the best and thus weapons no longer count as content. If there's a solution then it's worth at least examining to see if the flaws are worth any benefits, but just dismissing the issue entirely creates a completely different problem in trying to solve a more subjective one.

And as for the villain, how does having small scale stakes work on a large scale map? Should it even be just one villain, then? Perhaps you should have one villain per dungeon then and make each nonlinear portion of the game it's own storyline or something. That would stretch the writers thin, but the alternative is stretching an already deliberately weak villain thin.

Majora's Mask had the end of the world as it's stakes (at least ignoring the retcon that makes it all nothing but a dream) and it had 4 dungeons to deal with the smaller scale and time limit anyway. Zelda 2 had preventing the revival of Ganon as it's stakes which would go back to Ganon threatening the world and that being the stakes. Even those games had "saving the world" as a goal.

I agree they should recycle the HECK out of the assets, though.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Speaking of horses, how many hits does it take for one to die? mine caught on fire once and just...ran off like nothing matters
As of yet I haven't been able to pin that down. Seems that either nobody's tested, or nobody's written it up.

My best guesses from my experience are that horses both have higher health than Link starts with and heal when boarded (I suspect over time as well). However I can't confirm any of those without slowly and meticulously killing a horse, and I've no desire to do that.

I did read one report that apples do in fact heal horses, at the same rate as they would Link. I can't imagine how that person would have been able to verify this without killing the horse multiple times for science, but if they did they didn't talk about it or offer numbers.

There is a Jolly Rancher on my bed.... how did that get there? Candy is just spawning all around my room
You've been visited by the Jolly Rancher fairy.

Good fortune and many candies will come to you, but only if you reply "Taste the Rainbow" to this post.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So Reyn won. That is alll, because it's Reyn Time.

Today will be the last Chronicles poll before we move on to X. These are mostly villains with one little exception. Your choices are Meyneth, Mumkhar, Egil, and Zanza.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Inb4 the gods are more popular.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
As of yet I haven't been able to pin that down. Seems that either nobody's tested, or nobody's written it up.

My best guesses from my experience are that horses both have higher health than Link starts with and heal when boarded (I suspect over time as well). However I can't confirm any of those without slowly and meticulously killing a horse, and I've no desire to do that.

I did read one report that apples do in fact heal horses, at the same rate as they would Link. I can't imagine how that person would have been able to verify this without killing the horse multiple times for science, but if they did they didn't talk about it or offer numbers.
I havent rode my horses in a while because Ive been running into more and more Stronger monster and more guardians and I dont want my horse, Lunar, who I caught on a blood moon, to die
You've been visited by the Jolly Rancher fairy.

Good fortune and many candies will come to you, but only if you reply "Taste the Rainbow" to this post.
:088: TASTE- oh wait but my teeth are already mostly cavitys:137:.... Taste the rainbow:088:

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I havent rode my horses in a while because Ive been running into more and more Stronger monster and more guardians and I dont want my horse, Lunar, who I caught on a blood moon, to die
I hear you. That's basically how I've felt about Misneach ever since the cliff.

Guardians can as far as I can tell basically one-shot horses. Minibosses haven't been able to yet though, and anything under silver level that enters melee range probably won't either.

I'm imagining that as an Alolan Grimer now because Alolan Muk is a rainbow.
Nobody wanna taste that rainbow.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yes and no.

This.

I think the only thing I would disagree with would be that Ganon NEEDS to go, at the very least, Wind Waker had the best written version of him. If they can make the character interesting he can stay. Still, new villains would be welcomed, provided they are actually handled well, but I doubt they would be, I don't think Yuga's winning any Villain of the year awards. Zant was alright until the plot twist. Which is a shame because they still could have had said twist without making Zant do a 180 in comparison to his appearance in the first part of the game.

I would agree that more elements from Link's Awakening should be considered. And that the weapon system needs improving.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Reaction to LWA Ep11: I ****ING KNEW IT
Chariot Akko is too cute
View attachment 127164
And, man...
The stakes are getting higher
View attachment 127165
****'s about to get real
Whoo, it has been awhile since I post stuff...

After watching this episode, yeah, Luna Nova was created by nine witches, not sure why that much. More than Harry Potter's Hogwarts, which was created by two wizards and two witches. Pretty interesting.

Just saying but... I kind of want a Little Witch Academia prequel about Shiny Chariot's story... maybe not, or they could possibly just make it as a spin-off short series.

D

Deleted member

I want to wander around messing around with sidequests, I don't want 80% of the game locked behind having to use incredibly boring and situational items in dungeons on gimmick objects to get past that secret path behind the town. Unless the reward for the dungeon is my own pet Loftwing or something that's a very hard sell for me.
You're making a lot of assumptions about what the items would be here and it leads me to believe you haven't played many Zeldas outside of the most recent ones, most notably TP which was the biggest offender of situational items. 2D Zelda have tons of items that are very useful in the Overworld, many of which should have been in BotW in fact.

Off the top of my head:
-Hookshot would have been great for climbing and combat
-Pegasus Boots to help you run faster. This is especially key since late game you're gonna be warping everywhere and you have no way to call forth a steed.
-The Glider should have been locked behind a dungeon. Honestly, I felt it was given away FAR too early. Made the world feel a lot safer than it should have been once you got it, since falling from heights no longer carried a risk after the first hour, and it opened up the map way too much far too early.
-Lens of Truth could have had a lot of functionality as well, especially in helping players to find secrets and stuff.
-Gust Jar was very well missed, and would have been a great replacement for Korok Leaves, and useful in combat, allowing you to suck up opponents and spit them back out at their allies.
-Ocarina would have been useful, or at least SOME sort of spell that gave you the Song of Storms or some way to change the weather, especially with how annoying the rain was in this game. Too many times I was stuck halfway up a mountain without being able to do anything but put my controller down for 5 mins.
-Goron Gauntlets, or something that let you pick up large boulders, and the like. Bonus points if you can pick up foes as well. Yes, I know we have magnesis, but it only works on metal objects, and that makes it awfully situational.
-Bombs should not have been a spell, and should have been craftable after you get a bomb bag. I would have LOVED to be able to make my own barrel bombs I can store away and roll down cliffs. Or bombs I could use stasis on to send flying into enemy camps. Have different bombs with different strengths and even varying effects depending on what you make them with, like Bombchus again, or electric bombs, Or balloon bombs, etc... Especially given all the Chu jelly you can find. Would have given that some use.

Weapon breaking seems like kind of a band-aid for the inevitable situation of someone on the internet going "Hey, THIS is the best weapon in the game!" and everyone swarming to use that and ignoring everything else before proceeding to shout "there's nothing I can do or find in this game!" because they refuse to use anything but the best and thus weapons no longer count as content. If there's a solution then it's worth at least examining to see if the flaws are worth any benefits, but just dismissing the issue entirely creates a completely different problem in trying to solve a more subjective one.
Simple. I can upgrade my weapons durability. If it breaks, it's not gone for good, and I can take it to a blacksmith to repair it for a price. If I find other weapons of a similar type in the wild, I can dismantle them to repair my own before it breaks.

The durability is still there, but I'm able to CHOOSE what I wanna use, and I'm encouraged to try new weapons, yet can still grow attached to whatever I like.

Weapon durability made Stasis, probably the most interesting spell, completely pointless as it'd just ruin my weapons.

And as for the villain, how does having small scale stakes work on a large scale map? Should it even be just one villain, then? Perhaps you should have one villain per dungeon then and make each nonlinear portion of the game it's own storyline or something. That would stretch the writers thin, but the alternative is stretching an already deliberately weak villain thin.
Have you played Oracle of Ages/Seasons? Or how about Adventure of Link? Both are smaller scale stories in contrast to the usual fair and don't feature Ganon as the main villain, yet feature a large interconnected world to explore. It doesn't stretch anyone thin, as a writer myself, all I can say is Nintendo needs to hire actual talent to write stories for them.

The Ghibli films often feature large worlds, yet tell very small and compelling narratives, for example.

Your way of thinking is too in a box, there are many ways to go about this. How about a more personal story about the people Link encounters on his journey? Or look at One Piece, arrive at place, **** is happening, learn about the people in this region, fix their problem, move onto the next area. That's actually what I thought BotW was gonna be, but it wasn't, outside of the four main regions, every other place was just kinda dull. Hell, look at the Witcher 3 and how IT handles ITS narrative. Even with a stand-in character like Link, a lot can still be done. And stand-in doesn't mean he can't have a personality anyway, look at WW Link for example.
Majora's Mask had the end of the world as it's stakes (at least ignoring the retcon that makes it all nothing but a dream) and it had 4 dungeons to deal with the smaller scale and time limit anyway. Zelda 2 had preventing the revival of Ganon as it's stakes which would go back to Ganon threatening the world and that being the stakes. Even those games had "saving the world" as a goal.
MM began as a very small personal story of Link trying to find Navi, and being transported to a parallel world. It began with him trying to return to his original form, and getting back Majora's Mask for the Mask Salesman. It was a very personal story, Hyrule wasn't in danger, he had no NEED to save these people, outside of it being his ticket out. It was Link's Quest. And the entire plot revolved around Skull Kid, and Majora, and the people of Termina. Not some big bad who is trying to conquer the world... for... some reason? Hell, Skull Kid's and Majora's motives even made sense within character, something that never ever does for Ganon outside of "I'm Evil." Even in OoT where he did it to save his people, it was still diluted into: "I'm evil."

Look at Link's Awakening, another good example. Or AoL, where he tried to resurrect one of the older princess Zelda's who'd been asleep for a long time, and trying to prevent Ganon from coming back, at the end, having to fight his own shadow as the main antagonist. That's a cool story, and open to a lot of interpretation, a lot could be done with such a premise. A lot more especially than "you are the chosen one, now collect these things, and go fight Ganon and SAAAAAAVE THE WORLD!!"

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>Conquest Lunatic Classic Chapter 18
>On about Turn 13, doing good so far. Already defeated the two bosses that are paired up, guarding the door at the bottom, on my way to defeat the other boss at the top.
>Set myself up to deal with the Heroes and Sorcerers on the way to the top boss. Have a good set up.
>Sorcerer confronts Silas
>50% Hit Rate, 21% Crit Rate. Of course Silas gets rekt by the Crit (he would have survived the normal attack fine, only 14 damage and I think Silas had like 30+ HP). Silas even had Weapon Advantage.
>Hero comes down and goes for Shura, who was paired up with the now rekt Silas. Can survive the normal attack fine...except the Hero had a 3% Crit Rate and Shura gets rekt.
>Another Sorcerer then can take Shura's space, uses that and then Camilla gets rekt.

Accurate visual representation of that series of unfortunate events:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
>Conquest Lunatic Classic Chapter 18
>On about Turn 13, doing good so far. Already defeated the two bosses that are paired up, guarding the door at the bottom, on my way to defeat the other boss at the top.
>Set myself up to deal with the Heroes and Sorcerers on the way to the top boss. Have a good set up.
>Sorcerer confronts Silas
>50% Hit Rate, 21% Crit Rate. Of course Silas gets rekt by the Crit (he would have survived the normal attack fine, only 14 damage and I think Silas had like 30+ HP). Silas even had Weapon Advantage.
>Hero comes down and goes for Shura, who was paired up with the now rekt Silas. Can survive the normal attack fine...except the Hero had a 3% Crit Rate and Shura gets rekt.
>Another Sorcerer then can take Shura's space, uses that and then Camilla gets rekt.

Accurate visual representation of that series of unfortunate events:

I like to imagine the bumper that flew off the car was your hopes and dreams

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Reminder #193618 that Little Witch Academia is the purest show to ever be created and you should all watch it.
Pros:
-GUREAITO animation
-Beautiful artwork
View attachment 127170
-Cinnamon rolls everywhere
-Every character is a cute girl, and I do mean EVERYONE. Except that one teacher, you know the one.

(Look at this qt girl)
-Harry Potter wishes it was this good
-Motivational messages and valuable Aesops to learn
-Feel-good mood throughout all of the episodes 24/7
-Cast is at least 90% lesbian
View attachment 127171
-No fanservice
-So pure that even svrolling down too much on Google Images won't give you porn
-Akko is Rule 63 Deku
-Seriously, they even look similar
-And their backstory and motivations are basically the same
-Hell, both of their show's name even have Academia on it
-I'm probably getting sidetracked here
-You'll be smiling for the entire 24 minutes of runtime
-Did I mention it's also really funny too?
-The OP is great and puts you in an equally as great mood
-The ED tho
-It's, like, a whole other level of greatness
-It just makes me feel so good

Cons:
-Literally none
More pros I can add:
-Not a typical magic girl anime that dudes might not enjoy. (I know that there were other magical girls anime that were very popular, but they were never for both genders)
-Yes, Harry Potter fans (Like me) will find this anime have some sort of references to Harry Potter, some might find it cringy, but for me I enjoy it.
-Kind of odd that "no fanservice" is a pro lol. This really depends, there will be some people have zero interest for LWA because there's no fanserice... I mean if you really want those, go look at some fanarts... BTW I am fine that they put fanservice "out of the story/anime" rather "in the story/anime"
-Old/New anime homage, especially in that Sucy episode.
-Yeah, the main reason why I got interest in Little Witch Academia was because of that "Academia"title, like I said before I feel like I had an "Academia buff..."and rule 63 of Deku is slightly far fetched... just slightly. Sure both Akko and Deku got their motivation from a single idol (And both still alive for now). But unlike Deku, Akko didn't get Shiny Chariot's advice in person (Yet). Their biggest difference is possibly their mental way of thinking? Akko is like Dashing through a straight line whereas Deku often thinks before he leaps, which both aren't perfect and can backfire sometimes. And Akko is optimistic whereas Deku tends to be pessimistic a bit.
-Most characters are well designed, especially when you try to design characters from different countries, and best of all, they don't look typical... I'm not trying to be racist or anything but LWA never really has a character that will make you feel he or she is from a certain group or country. Did anyone even guess that our fan favorite girl Sucy is from South asia according to Wikipedia? I didn't know Constanze was from Germany/Deutschland until I check Wikipedia...that made me like her more, and also explains why she is an engineer.
-Funny because it has a feature that TRIGGER is good at: Fast pace comedy, which is also a thing that American cartoon tends to have. So it may sound dumb but, to me watching LWA is like watching old Spongebob episodes...

Only potential cons I can think of is that it will be tiring if the plot continues on with Akko screwing things up...this may be one of her trait, but I hope that can slightly chance afterward. Otherwise...

Yes, no cons at all.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever

With this, I think the game has reached its peak. This needs a 4D experience so its impact can truly be felt.
this is one of the greatest pieces of media ever produced

"chicken wrap

SARAAAAHN wrap"

Did you bring it up earlier?

I'll admit I haven't even checked the thread, y'all post to much.

It's just real upsetting that this movement seems to be growing, perhaps that's just the internet/media creating this illusion, but still. Maybe if the Library of Alexandria wasn't burned down, we'd be in the space age and Flat Earthers would be no more.
I would like to point out that the Library of Alexandria being burned down = civilization didn't advance for hundreds of years bcs dark age is historically inaccurate as ****

While Europe suffered, Asia and the Middle East flourished in a logistical sense. Then colonialism happened and the Europeans claimed the discoveries for themselves!

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
GameXplain released their analysis video of Sonic Forces, it's nothing major except for 1 thing they bring up.

The pawns and Sentinels look different and it's out of character of Eggman to not be vain as hell and leave his imagery on his work. Maybe Eggman has to join sides with Sonic as he was overthrown and becomes the third style after all.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
GameXplain released their analysis video of Sonic Forces, it's nothing major except for 1 thing they bring up.

The pawns and Sentinels look different and it's out of character of Eggman to not be vain as hell and leave his imagery on his work. Maybe Eggman has to join sides with Sonic as he was overthrown and becomes the third style after all.
How can eggman be overthrown when they said in this game eggman won

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Nothing much to say. Reckless Wiimote Safety Man won. Well that confirms that the meme never died and alot of people have been irresponsible with their Nintendo consoles lately.

Anyways, it's Shulk time. Or shall I say Xenoblade Chronicles time. Your choices will be Fiora (@KeybladeSmasher and @Mandala will be interested), Dunban (Tagging @Drunkle Qrow and Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen ), Melia, and Riki. I now some are going to rag on on me for now Reyn or Sharla, but they are definitely next. I'm aware of how big the cast is.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Remember to press on and on and on. But not that I'm saying that to be Fiora for the day.
Why not all of them???
JK, I think it's more possible that Rex (Not final name) from Xenoblade Chronciles 2 might be the next new characters.
I loved these books as a kid
Nostalgia intensifies...
I was expecting George and Harold sound more younger though...
And in the trailer the villains we have seen were Professor Poopypants (Tipy Tinkletrousers later), Turbo Toilet 2000?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
How can eggman be overthrown when they said in this game eggman won
I dunno, mutiny? Metal Sonic overthrew Eggman in Heroes and Free Riders. It would have had to happen after he won of course. Though what I am confident about is that the third character isn't merely another Sonic. They wouldn't keep this quite about it if it was

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I...did some field research on horse health. Malanya forgive my means.

Tested with a Steel Lizal Bow (36 damage) and regular arrows.

With this setup, two arrows kill a Blue Bokoblin (approximately 72 health). Three arrows kill a horse with 1* Strength. Four arrows kill a horse with 2* Strength. Testing with stronger and weaker bows verified that this is a measure of health that each has, and not a static number of hits each can withstand. Based on these findings I would estimate somewhere around 100 health for 1* in Strength, with another 25-35 for each additional star.

Apples either do not seem to heal, or do not heal appreciably. Despite feeding ten apples in a row to the 1* Strength horse after two hits, it still died on the third. Boarding it at a stable returned it to full health.

When I completed my testing, it was raining. A blood moon was rising. I am damned, say the signs. If this knowledge saves your horse's life, perhaps it is worth it.

Just the fact you called it "The Cliff" makes me scared to ask. It sounds like a war time experence
Not far off the mark.

I described it a few pages back.

redfeatherraven redfeatherraven It worked, I found a random espresso bean.
Holy ****.

I need to dial up this fairy. Taste the rainbow!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I...did some field research on horse health. Malanya forgive my means.

Tested with a Steel Lizal Bow (36 damage) and regular arrows.

With this setup, two arrows kill a Blue Bokoblin (approximately 72 health). Three arrows kill a horse with 1* Strength. Four arrows kill a horse with 2* Strength. Testing with stronger and weaker bows verified that this is a measure of health that each has, and not a static number of hits each can withstand. Based on these findings I would estimate somewhere around 100 health for 1* in Strength, with another 25-35 for each additional star.

Apples either do not seem to heal, or do not heal appreciably. Despite feeding ten apples in a row to the 1* Strength horse after two hits, it still died on the third. Boarding it at a stable returned it to full health.

When I completed my testing, it was raining. A blood moon was rising. I am damned, say the signs. If this knowledge saves your horse's life, perhaps it is worth it.
The Horse God is very displeased by your actions.

However, it's still pretty useful information.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

There's still other, more plausible explanations based on what we know.

Maybe Eggman can't afford to give every single robot a silly design like that and decided to just focus on how they function (budget constraints and all). There is also the fact they are automated (as far as we know), so with the Death Egg Robots especially, there is no need to have Eggman's face on them.

I personally thought the bigger thing they noticed that I didn't was the falling debris that comes off the buildings during explosions and tumbles onto the road. It doesn't hit Sonic in the footage, but I wonder if it potentially can.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
There's a Netflix Death Note coming
Death Note's honestly lost it's appeal I'd say, especially as Netlfix already has Little Witch Academia (They funded it iirc), CastleVania, Devilman Crybaby and even ****ing Danger Mouse in terms of animated stuff
Now do what Amazon Prime did with Toei and make a Kamen Rider show damn it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom