• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
So I watched this review
For a game on Switch and Wii U
The game is a masterpiece
Probably one of the best for centuries

But we still must reflect
For no thing is perfect
This person found flaws
That may leave some in aw

You may not see the same
Perhaps you'll find them tame
Nonetheless it incites discussion
My dinner is getting cold, so I'll return to consumption

Christ I'm bad at rhymes
It should be a crime

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hope future civilizations find the sentence "Nit Uver Reqorked" and try to decipher it, thinking it's some kind of lost dialect or even a whole language.
Teenagers will then use it the same way they use "Carpe Diem" as in, without actually knowing its meaning and it'll likely be remebered as whatever (wrong) interpretation they can come up with

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
I found this comment funny today

Fans:pokemon Sun and Moon has the best soundtrack
Sonic Team and Tee Lopes: Hold my beer.....

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Sunflowers are yellow
I bet you were expecting something romantic but no
These are just gardening facts

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I watched this review
For a game on Switch and Wii U
The game is a masterpiece
Probably one of the best for centuries

But we still must reflect
For no thing is perfect
This person found flaws
That may leave some in aw

You may not see the same
Perhaps you'll find them tame
Nonetheless it incites discussion
My dinner is getting cold, so I'll return to consumption

Christ I'm bad at rhymes
It should be a crime
>Clicks on the video.
>Super bunnyhop

It's a shame I come across his videos so often considering that he seems to be reviewing from an analytical perspective at least, but in one of his videos he said something so dumb that I wonder how he could've even gotten it wrong.(It wasn't complicated or hidden either, it was an in your face detail.)

Well, that and his voice sounds exactly the same as not one, but two youtubers I hate. It's probably mostly that.

Last edited by a moderator:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
I guess I'll take a shot in spirit of the day.

In the Nintenzone I post
where the mods are the host
There's stuff to read everyday
some makes me say yay
and maybe, out of the blue
Likes will come to you

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
>Clicks on the video.
>Super bunnyhop

It's a shame I come across his videos so often considering that he seems to be reviewing from an analytical perspective at least, but in one of his videos he said something so dumb that I wonder how he could've even gotten it wrong.(It wasn't complicated or hidden either, it was an in your face detail.)

Well, that and his voice sounds exactly the same as not one, but two youtubers I hate. It's probably mostly that.
Eh, it happens sometimes. Do you remember what that video was?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I did it!!...I actually found ALL of the shrines in the game!!!

And it turns out the last one was indeed within Hyrule Castle...My previous visit I came to the library but I missed one of the secret passages that would've lead me to the shrine, but upon my latest visit I noticed it and lo and behold there it is, or at least after solving a simple flame puzzle...Somewhat appropriate that the one in Hyrule Castle was a Major Test of Strength, as if to give the player that one last test to see if they are ready to take on Ganon...

After obtaining the final spirit orb the monk suggested I return to the Forgotten Temple as the Sheikah monks of old left a gift for me...hmm...wonder what it could be
Link's Green Tunic...specifically called the Tunic of the Wild...

well...don't get me wrong it's kind of cool and somewhat expected but it's a pretty underwhelming gift after clearing all 120 shrines within the game, just to get Link's iconic look...

Though I can't say I'm too disappointed because 100% completion is an achievement in and of itself and it's not like the Tunic was the only thing I got from clearing the Shrines...

I did grow quite fond of Link Black dyed Hylian Set....

As of now I'm standing at
4/4 Divine Beasts Cleared
120/120 Shrines Cleared
27 Hearts (Hearty meals easily cover the remaining three hearts to max out my health)
3 Stamina Wheels
308/700 Koroks (no way in hell I'm going for 100% here but getting at least 300 was my goal)
18/18 memories

I think it's clear at this point, I'm going to start my final preparations before making my final run at Ganon...

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I can't stop smiling. I leave for my usual nightly hiatus, wake up to a FE Echoes: Limited Edition, the greatest typo ever, Orisa's addition to OW, and the reminder of Duckson. 10/10 best thread I've ever stayed attached to for over two years.
Is anyone else planning on getting Mario Kart Deluxe? Should we have a nintenzone mario kart race?
Me. I don't mind getting it again for a fresh new experience. More people to play with, and a brand new way to play as well.

****, Kid Icarus Uprising is such a fun game
Even my least favorite chapter is still more fun than most games i've played in the past few years. the fact this game will never get a sequel makes me sad
at least I can replay these chapters over and over since they are so fun

D

Deleted member

Eh, it happens sometimes. Do you remember what that video was?
Well, funnily enough it was SotN... Okay, okay, don't sue me just yet. :p The thing is though that he was complaining about you killing the wargs(AKA big wolves) in one shot.... Did he forget that in the intro you're purposely overpowered? Not to mention it's hard to take his complaints seriously when he really, really sucks at the game. Like look, I'm not a "pro gamer" or anything like that, I bet I'd suck at quite a few games. But hoooooly shoot, watching him play the game was so painful, especially after me playing through the game again recently. For instance, instead of going through the level design at a smooth pace, he's constantly fiddling around even when it's unnecessarily when really he could just be chopping through enemies and moving forward with ease.

It just seems like most of his complaints are at his own fault rather than the game's, and that's the worst kind of critic IMO. And don't get me wrong, SotN has it's issues, but he doesn't bring most of them up(Like how the game is really, really easy without handicapping yourself, yet he seems to have trouble with the difficulty of all things.) And I agree most items you do find are useless by the end of the game(Only because Alucard's equipment overpowers everything and you don't need anything else. But there's still fun weapons to mess around with, but not as much as later games.), but not immediately when you find them like he was saying. I remember him calling a good sword(at the time you get it) useless.

But maybe I'm misjudging him, after all AVGN had some weird complaints. Overpowered weapons being taken away, complaining that a useless weapon is useless.(Your fists are actually very powerful in the early game, yet I don't see any reviewers really use them.) etc. Also confusing Dawn of Sorrow's plot with Aria of Sorrow's and saying it takes place in Japan, none of the games take place in Japan, Aria of Sorrow takes place in an eclipse. The only difference being that I've seen almost every AVGN episode before so I guess I didn't mind when he screwed up.

And no, I'm not just talking about this game because it has an attractive bishonen, why would you think that? :lol:

But anyway, nevermind that. I could go on rants like that when it comes to a lot of critics, it's no big deal. What's potentially worse is that his voice reminds me of both Atheism Is Unstoppable and Black Pidgeon Speaks.(Maybe not exactly, but similar enough to make me bring me up the comparison I guess. So don't quote me on this as a certainty. :p )

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Even my least favorite chapter is still more fun than most games i've played in the past few years. the fact this game will never get a sequel makes me sad
I think Kid Icarus:Uprising deserves a new shot on the Switch with an improved control scheme.

At least see how well that does and decide whether or not you want to make a sequel.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Two new Pokemon-themed 3DS menu themes have been released in Japan today. The first theme is themed around the recent Japanese TCG set (a.k.a. the Guardians Rising set in the west), and it features special artwork of the two Lycanrocs, Kommo-o, Golisopod, and the standout of the five: shiny Tapu Koko. Here's how the theme looks.

The second new Pokemon-themed 3DS menu theme is one that I'm sure will be an instant buy for everyone here.

Remember those Team Rocket and Team Galactice 3DS menu themes that came out a while back featuring Giovanni, the Rocket Executives, and some Rocket Grunts and the other featuring Cyrus, the Galactic Commanders, and some Galactic Grunts? We are now getting a Team Skull version of that 3DS menu theme style featuring Guzma, Plumeria, Gladion, and some Skull Grunts. Here's the menu theme below:

Ya Boi looks as swag as ever.

The menu will even have Ya Boi's awesome battle theme playing!

Give it a few days and both 3DS menu themes will be released elsewhere in the world.

------

Is anyone else planning on getting Mario Kart Deluxe? Should we have a nintenzone mario kart race?
Oh yeah, I'm definitely planning on buying Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I'm a huge Mario Kart fan, so I'm not missing out on this game.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'll probably still lightly badger Nintendo once in a while about a sequel regardless of the chances, LOL. The only thing that's definitely not happening is Sakurai touching it, the rest is up to Nintendo caring enough to let SOMEONE try. And I mean. . .they almost did twice over that 25 years before it stuck this time.

If Metroid, Mother, and F-Zero fans can swarm like angry bees, I think we can lightly chirp our desires once in a while from amidst the din. Just gotta cross our fingers the Switch does well and someone has some free time in the latter half of the gen in the meanwhile. Having a single system instead of two to focus on should free SOMEBODY up down the road assuming their higher new IP focus doesn't completely absorb all slack, it's just a matter of what they do with the extra time.

If Metroid, Mother, and F-Zero fans can swarm like angry bees, I think we can lightly chirp our desires once in a while from amidst the din.
Im just imagining a giant protest. Signs and demonstrations for F zero, Metroid, and "Classic" Fire emblem

Like . . .filling streets, burning cars, looting etc.

Meanwhile like 4 people and a god are holding signs and eating snacks that say "New Kid Icarus soon-ish maybe? No rush" and no i'm giggling to myself

let the record state that I nearly had the typo of "god" instead of "dog" and "signs" to "sings"

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I don't get why Iron Fist got so much hate. It does have a number of problems, and it's defenitally the weakest of the Marvel Netflix shows, but overall I think it's a decent show.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Well, funnily enough it was SotN... Okay, okay, don't sue me just yet. :p The thing is though that he was complaining about you killing the wargs(AKA big wolves) in one shot.... Did he forget that in the intro you're purposely overpowered? Not to mention it's hard to take his complaints seriously when he really, really sucks at the game. Like look, I'm not a "pro gamer" or anything like that, I bet I'd suck at quite a few games. But hoooooly shoot, watching him play the game was so painful, especially after me playing through the game again recently. For instance, instead of going through the level design at a smooth pace, he's constantly fiddling around even when it's unnecessarily when really he could just be chopping through enemies and moving forward with ease.

It just seems like most of his complaints are at his own fault rather than the game's, and that's the worst kind of critic IMO. And don't get me wrong, SotN has it's issues, but he doesn't bring most of them up(Like how the game is really, really easy without handicapping yourself, yet he seems to have trouble with the difficulty of all things.) And I agree most items you do find are useless by the end of the game(Only because Alucard's equipment overpowers everything and you don't need anything else. But there's still fun weapons to mess around with, but not as much as later games.), but not immediately when you find them like he was saying. I remember him calling a good sword(at the time you get it) useless.

But maybe I'm misjudging him, after all AVGN had some weird complaints. Overpowered weapons being taken away, complaining that a useless weapon is useless.(Your fists are actually very powerful in the early game, yet I don't see any reviewers really use them.) etc. Also confusing Dawn of Sorrow's plot with Aria of Sorrow's and saying it takes place in Japan, none of the games take place in Japan, Aria of Sorrow takes place in an eclipse. The only difference being that I've seen almost every AVGN episode before so I guess I didn't mind when he screwed up.

And no, I'm not just talking about this game because it has an attractive bishonen, why would you think that? :lol:

But anyway, nevermind that. I could go on rants like that when it comes to a lot of critics, it's no big deal. What's potentially worse is that his voice reminds me of both Atheism Is Unstoppable and Black Pidgeon Speaks.(Maybe not exactly, but similar enough to make me bring me up the comparison I guess. So don't quote me on this as a certainty. :p )
I don't know what the hell SotN is (I'm assuming Castlevania because Alucard), but I'll just chalk it up as just being a poor review my him. It happens, not going to make hits all the time.

I still think that even if he has hiccups (although, this seems more than just a hiccup) he's still one of the better youtubers when it comes to video games.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So guys, remember the guy who turned Captain America into an agent of Hydra, Nick Spencer?

Well, a spoiler just came out from a preview of his Marvel event book, SECRET EMPIRE #0.

And this one is a doozy.

Basically, the spoiler amounts to that the Nazis (seemingly) with the backing of Hydra were winning, or had won World War II and that the allies used the Cosmic Cube (Kobik) to make it as if the Allies had won WWII.

Now, I don't know the full context, but that's some Crisis levels of mind screwing if done right. The only question I have is whether this was always the case or if the cosmic cube altering reality was the thing that caused this to be a thing.

Nick Spencer is definitely going to get death threats on twitter with this one when it releases...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't know what the hell SotN is (I'm assuming Castlevania because Alucard), but I'll just chalk it up as just being a poor review my him. It happens, not going to make hits all the time.

I still think that even if he has hiccups (although, this seems more than just a hiccup) he's still one of the better youtubers when it comes to video games.
Keep in mind that the review is almost four years old now too.(I would've been 13 at the time.) So he could've easily improved over time.

I'll take your word for it and watch some of his content then, since there's not that many video game youtubers I enjoy.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Im just imagining a giant protest. Signs and demonstrations for F zero, Metroid, and "Classic" Fire emblem

Like . . .filling streets, burning cars, looting etc.

Meanwhile like 4 people and a god are holding signs and eating snacks that say "New Kid Icarus soon-ish maybe? No rush" and no i'm giggling to myself

let the record state that I nearly had the typo of "god" instead of "dog" and "signs" to "sings"
>Classic Fire emblem
>Getting the most arcaic and majestic classic game remade quirks in tact.

Screw 4 and 5, Gaiden train aboard!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
As much as I liked that uprising, idk if I liked it enough to want a sequal
I do. ^^

I like Nintendo's experiments in third person shooter-y type games in general, but Splatoon is more of a multiplayer game for me due to how the single player is deliberately set up for beginners and IMO spends most of itself considerably slower than multiplayer as a result. Uprising has a much faster pace in single player but thanks to the Fiend's Cauldron it's up to you and not the game how hard it is.

But hey, genre preferences. I just know most of the popular games are probably sequel bound already, so I'm better focusing on what isn't in terms of wishlisting. You probably care more about Animal Crossing, and I'd guess that's very much on Nintendo's mind right now but may have to share a bit of dev time for a couple months with a certain other game. Hoo boy is Nintendo most likely thinking of it though, I can practically feel it off of them.

That poor team stuck with two of Nintendo's best sellers at once though, LOL. They're blessed with luck in their endeavors but that's gonna be a ton of work.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So guys, remember the guy who turned Captain America into an agent of Hydra, Nick Spencer?

Well, a spoiler just came out from a preview of his Marvel event book, SECRET EMPIRE #0.

And this one is a doozy.

Basically, the spoiler amounts to that the Nazis (seemingly) with the backing of Hydra were winning, or had won World War II and that the allies used the Cosmic Cube (Kobik) to make it as if the Allies had won WWII.

Now, I don't know the full context, but that's some Crisis levels of mind screwing if done right. The only question I have is whether this was always the case or if the cosmic cube altering reality was the thing that caused this to be a thing.

Nick Spencer is definitely going to get death threats on twitter with this one when it releases...
This is one of those things that can go really well or really, really badly depending on how it's handled.

That being said, I trust Nick Spencer since he's been doing a great job so far.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
To me at least, there are only two instances in which I'd call someone a Fire Emblem elitist.

1. They view those who started with the 3DS games as "not real fans."
2. They view those who haven't played the Japan-only games (especially 4 and 5) or the Radiant games (considering they're so hard to find) as "not real fans."

Basically, I'd just say anyone who judges someone's fandom based on which games they've played, especially in instances where playing said games requires legally-ambiguous methods in most cases.
Funny thing is the fanbase used to hate on those who started with the GBA/GC games, as before then the Fire Emblem base was entirely a grassroots emulation/import community.

I see a lot of parallels between the FE community and the Smash community. A grassroots scene that suddenly explodes after a heavily polarizing/over-hyped game is released. The fact that "Elitist" is now a common term within the fandom is a huge sign of how much the series has changed; though I'd argue the term is quickly becoming overused similar to "Genwunner."

I think the reason I'm the most hyped for Echoes is that it offers a neutral playing field for both old/new fans of the series in terms of gameplay and from how it distances itself from recent games, without being a complete reset for the series. I would just hope that Warriors and FE16 continue the trend so FE13/14 can be put behind us and viewed from a retrospective point of view.

I just wish the online scene was still active. I played more LvD than any other online multiplayer game I own combined.

Chrono.

Note to self: Don't pick fights with Guardians even if you have arrows up the ass (except Ancient Arrows because of course I don't have those).

Ivander

Smash Legend
A question about Fire Emblem. Intelligent Systems mentioned about possibly using the Set of 2 games like they did with Birthright and Conquest, right? Just to make sure, was that something actually mentioned by them?
If so, I want to ask something. In Birthright and Conquest, it was choosing between a set of two families. For the next set, what would you like to see?:

-2 Kingdoms in conflict with each other "Without Choosing a Side"? - Basically, you aren't an Avatar choosing a side, but rather you are playing the main character of each Kingdom depending on which version you got. Playing both versions basically shows where one character was when another was at a place, giving the player some behind-the-scenes action.
The other mix can be whereas one succeeds and the other fails like Birthright and Conquest, or the end of both games ultimately end with the conflict of the 2 main characters, despite knowing who the real enemy is, with the 3rd Path involving a character who has been on both sides managing to stop said conflict before it takes fruition and getting both sides to fight together.

-A Sacred Stones approach? - Basically, like in Sacred Stones, at a point in the game, you have 2 characters who both suggest a different approach from each other and you choose which approach you'd like to use. Things go wrong on the approach you didn't choose, which in turn prevents characters that would've joined you for reasons on the other side to end up not joining you.
Like say, in one path, you manage to get a character in one path who manages to convince another character found in both paths to join you, whereas the other path, you couldn't get that character for a reason and as such end up having to kill the character that is in both paths. The 3rd Path is suggesting a different approach.

-A Two-Part set? - Basically, if Fire Emblem Blazing Sword and Binding Blade or Genealogy Part 1 and Part 2 were "connected" with each other with the first game being about the Parents and the other game being about the children. The "3rd Path" would either be a non-canon route that brings the Parents and Children together to team up against a new threat or a game involving the "Grandchildren".

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I wonder if there's going to be a direct in the next few weeks.
I figured there'd already be one by now. Especially since the Switch had such a lackluster launch lineup. I dunno. I thought we'd see one by the end of the month but maybe next month is the golden ticket? We'll see.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Note to self: Don't pick fights with Guardians even if you have arrows up the *** (except Ancient Arrows because of course I don't have those).
That's like one of my favourite things to do in the game...

Do you have any idea how fun it is picking off their legs one by one until they are nothing more than glorified Beamos? They also get seriously ****ed up by Shock weapons as well!!!!

I almost feel like that mean kid that plucks the legs off of a spider and watch it squirm after...

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
A question about Fire Emblem. Intelligent Systems mentioned about possibly using the Set of 2 games like they did with Birthright and Conquest, right? Just to make sure, was that something actually mentioned by them?
If so, I want to ask something. In Birthright and Conquest, it was choosing between a set of two families. For the next set, what would you like to see?:

-A Sacred Stones approach? - Basically, like in Sacred Stones, at a point in the game, you have 2 characters who both suggest a different approach from each other and you choose which approach you'd like to use. Things go wrong on the approach you didn't choose, which in turn prevents characters that would've joined you for reasons on the other side to end up not joining you.
Like say, in one path, you manage to get a character in one path who manages to convince another character found in both paths to join you, whereas the other path, you couldn't get that character for a reason and as such end up having to kill the character that is in both paths. The 3rd Path is suggesting a different approach.
Probably this one. I can see what you mean as in Alm and Celica doing some strategy to go different paths to surround the enemy like the French Fleet and General Washington's men did in Yorktown in 1781, but then again, obviously I've never played the original Gaiden, so I'm not betting money here.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I want a Fire Emblem game that has the main Lord descend into villainy over the course of the game. Like Revenge of the Sith but with less memes and better writing

Hell, make it about Chrom's father and his war against Plegia.

D

Deleted member

I want a Fire Emblem game that has the main Lord descend into villainy over the course of the game. Like Revenge of the Sith but with less memes and better writing

Just be glad that they didn't do what I was talking about earlier. Just imagine if they had made a character some California that always talks about Pizza.(And no, I didn't mean to describe myself.)

But yes, that does sound interesting.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

I actually really dislike the trope where the hero becomes the villain.

It's just so easy to screw up.

Ivander

Smash Legend

I have to agree. The trope is definitely not the easiest to do when it comes to a main story. As side stories, they tend to do okay or sometimes even good. When it's the main story, however, all it takes is one wrong line or action to bring the whole thing down in a not-so-good way.

D

Deleted member

Not as easy to screw up as having THREE different timelines. :p

(Or time travel, but awakening's story faults didn't come from the time travel.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom