• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Wait we can't say d*ck in Nintendo games? How else am I supposed express my love for my favorite detective?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh, and since I've been talking about Damian Wayne the last few days.

**** Grayson is the best Robin

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Wait we can't say d*ck in Nintendo games? How else am I supposed express my love for my favorite detective?

I really hate that words in links get censored. I remember once the link for the Miiverse PotD had a swear word in the random string of characters at the end and it prevented me from posting it.

EDIT: And now your image is showing. Before it was just a link with **** in it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Soooo... For this list, I was going into it think "pffft, it's probably not going to have anything I haven't heard of" but then the spot at 5:50 came up and then that caught my interest. Well, it's a Taiwanese puppet show of all things, but it has fab long-hair bishonen in it(no bias here :p) and I like to see practical stuff in action in general whether it be figures or "a guy in a rubber suit".(I have weird taste. Blame 2007 youtube and its taste.)

But then oh boy, that localization... That's the worst localization I've ever seen, this was my reaction to it.
I never want to hear anyone complain about FE localization ever again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Guys, stop talking about the censored words. You're censor dodging now. Any more after this and I will hand out warnings/infractions.

This is why I'm giving you a verbal warning instead, for using your words improperly. Ironic, isn't it?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly though, I can't speak for the current staff since I don't know if things changed behind the scenes, but if someone were to use the word D*** and have it shown in full through something like an image or embedded video thumbnail, and it was clearly being used as "a shortened version of Richard," it wouldn't warrant an infraction if I were modding.

Intent is the important thing.

Edit: Or not I guess.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think anyone actually censor dodged since the word in question isn't be censored by smashboards

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Guys, stop talking about the censored words. You're censor dodging now. Any more after this and I will hand out warnings/infractions.

This is why I'm giving you a verbal warning instead, for using your words improperly. Ironic, isn't it?
I myself am embracing the sensor in all its overprotective, sheltering glory, ma'am.

If I hadn't heard such crude words in my youth perhaps today I might be an astronaut.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Is anyone else planning on getting Mario Kart Deluxe? Should we have a nintenzone mario kart race?
I'm. . .mulling it over. Not sure if I will, not sure if I won't. Never owned a Mario Kart before, but there aren't many games this early on in the system's life, the gameplay looks solid, and well. . .

Squid. Squid are pure.

I'm not really a Mario fan, but somehow all it takes is the flash of a single beak-smile to make me wonder about things. So we'll see what happens I guess, there's a month to go still.

I know I'm going to at least try to get onto that Splatoon 2 Testfire in a few days, so may the RNG pair us if anyone else here is there, LOL.

That's probably a good time to figure out if my internet is even serviceable in the first place or if I need to tweak something. I'm at two bars but logging into the eshop is like greased lightning and game downloads and updates are faster than 3DS. It does fluctuate presumably due to problems on my end, though. Although thinking on it there's a possibility the Testfire was slower than the other downloads because I caught it the day it went up and people might have been rushing the Eshop.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Honestly though, I can't speak for the current staff since I don't know if things changed behind the scenes, but if someone were to use the word D*** and have it shown in full through something like an image or embedded video thumbnail, and it was clearly being used as "a shortened version of Richard," it wouldn't warrant an infraction if I were modding.

Intent is the important thing.

Edit: Or not I guess.
The Exalted Mod at work.

Or ex-mod now I guess.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Wulin Warriors...

Crickey, that show definitely has worse localization than your average Nintendo of America product.

D

Deleted member

I'll never forget the time when Dickson was auto censored and the Shulk thread started calling him Duckson
Does anyone still have that one gif? If you don't know what I'm talking about then you likely don't have it
Jeez I thought I refreshed often

That typo was only visible for like 3 seconds!
Once something is on the internet, it'll never leave it

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'll never forget the time when Dickson was auto censored and the Shulk thread started calling him Duckson
Does anyone still have that one gif? If you don't know what I'm talking about then you likely don't have it

Once something is on the internet, it'll never leave it
I didn't know what you were talking about but I think I still managed to find it.

I'm glad I know now.

"C'MERE SHUKY BOI"

This is the second time Nintenzone has had a thread title for me.

See this is why I should be a mod here too
shut up I don't need your logic

So I guess I need to change my sig again
IT'S NOT PARANOIA
IT'S THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS

Shame the tag team division has been so ****ed over that this was so weirdly timed, but the match had me up on my feet and it was great.

Hoping the tag team division gets some love so the Usos can thrive, I think they have a lot of potential right now

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think people were exaggerating how bad Iron Fist was, so far anyway. It's not as good as I would have hoped, but not terrible by any stretch.

The action could have been better though.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
"Well it can't hurt to watch some gameplay videos of squids on karts."

. . .

Leaning a little closer towards yes. . .

This is a pretty good looking game, in more ways than one.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Apparently today is World Poetry Day, it seems. Never been huge on reading or writing them myself, but Shel Silverstein was a huge part of my childhood. Everyday, I'd check out his poetry books and spend my days reading them. I was able to find this site with some of his works. If you ever have the time, go read some. Looking at them, I can't help but feel a bit of nostalgia.

http://hellopoetry.com/shel-silverstein/

Apparently today is World Poetry Day, it seems. Never been huge on reading or writing them myself, but Shel Silverstein was a huge part of my childhood. Everyday, I'd check out his poetry books and spend my days reading them. I was able to find this site with some of his works. If you ever have the time, go read some. Looking at them, I can't help but feel a bit of nostalgia.

http://hellopoetry.com/shel-silverstein/
normal poetry
is actually quite lame
haikus are cooler

About to start playing KIU again
because I guess I decided to be happy. god I love that game

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
"Well it can't hurt to watch some gameplay videos of squids on karts."

. . .

Leaning a little closer towards yes. . .

This is a pretty good looking game, in more ways than one.
im guessing its mostly because of the squids for you

but even without the squids, its a pretty fun game

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom