• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Welp.
Haven't posted anything about that regoinal Pokedex I've been work on.

I'll dump what I have now, still in the works. One catch your attention? Ask about it and I'll attempt to give more details to the idea!

001-003: Foalower/Rostallion/Sagetarius, Grass-->/Psychic
004-006: Calflame/Charcow/Tauroast, Fire-->/Steel
007-009: Bubblamb/Surfleece/Capristine, Water-->/Flying
010-012: Aerobin/Rotochirper/Aerotross, Normal/Flying --> Steel/Flying
013-015: Shrute/Sledgehog/Aurmodillo, Normal->/Rock->/Steel
016-019: Sqworm/Hidecoon/Locustudy~Incicadious, Bug-->/Psychic~/Dark
020-021: Discodo/Flatempo, Grass/Flying
022-023: Dewling/Bladrop, Grass/Water
024: Blossage, Grass/Psychic
025-026: 3 stage Dart Frog, Poison
027-028: 2 stage sand snail, Water/Ground
029: 1 stage dolphin, Water
030-031: Trankoil/Charkoil, Water->/Fire
032-033: 2 stage sun, Fire/Electric
034-035: Charnary/Falcorch, Fire/Flying, Haunting.
036-038: Fusent/Flarat/Vermine, Fire->/Ground
039-041: Possesteele/Rockrypt/Massouleum, Rock/Ghost
042: Woreior, Rock/Fighting
043-044: (Horn Fossil) Joltops/Ceravolt, Rock/Electric
045-046: (Fang Fossil) Kittooth/Fanguarr, Rock->/Dark
047-048: Peafoul/Fowlgestic, Dark/Psychic
049-051: 3 stage Flying Pig, Ground/Fairy
052-053: Baark/Howool, Dark/Fairy
054-056: Ankhat/Egynx/Pharoar, Normal/Ground->Ghost/Ground
057-058: Faefoul/Henma, Fairy->/Psychic
059: Bushon, Normal/Grass
060-061: 2 Stage prairie dog, Ground
062-063: Raskull/Hooligeist, Ghost/Fighting
064: Viruzune, Electric/Dark
065-066: Vialent/Beakserker, Steel/Posion
067-068: Medikid/Maladoc, Psychic/Poison
069: Corruptagion, Electric/Poison
070-071: 2 stage Burrowing owl, Ground/Flying
072-073: Folittle/Faeille, Grass-/Water~Fire~Electric~Ice
074-075: Tripea/Mastalk, Grass/Fairy
076-077: Sqwatt/Electrolapod, Water/Electric
078-079: Fungish/Formusha, Water/Poison
080-082: Tosty/Brrahan~Banchill, Ice->/Dark~Ghost
083-084: Sheetle/Kabusnow, Bug/Ice
085: Arguardian: Steel
086: Cakancer, Fairy/Fire
087: Dracoyle, Dragon/Rock
088: Mascot Cupcake Mouse: Normal/All
089: Terres, Grass/Rock
090: Purradox, Normal/Ghost
091: Lavant, Bug/Fire
092-093: 2 Stage Sand Worm, Bug/Ground
094-095: 2-Stage Dragonfly, Bug/Dragon
096: Piscecuffs, Water/Fighting
097-099: Pseudo Manticore/Chimera. Normal->/Poison->Fairy/Poison
100-102: Pseudo Gryphon. Normal/Flying-->Fairy/Flying
103-105: Liztar/DragalaxyDrakosmos, Dragon/Psychic
106: Spring Jar Undyne, Water/Fairy
107: Summer Virgo, Fire/Psychic
108: Autumn Orthros, Rock/Grass
109: Winter Scorpion, Ice/Poison
110: Fate Angel, Fighting/Flying
111: Luck Cait Sith, Fighting/Fairy
112: Chaos Eldritch Bug, Bug/Poison
I'm honestly pretty disappointed with the lack of single types here. That's one thing I always look for when looking at fanmade Pokedexes.

D

Deleted member

I'm rewatching MHA in preparation for the S2 next week. But this time IN ENGLISH.
It's been 2 episodes and I've already cried twice, now I remember why I this show grabbed me so easily.

I hope MHA is able to become the next big long-runners shonen, but, like, not one of those that run forever like Naruto or One Piece but hopefully like FMA

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
That feeling when you really want Kirby as a playable racer in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, yet you realize that unneeded clones of Mario and Peach (Metal Mario excluded due to nostalgia for many) exist in the game over actual unique characters. Nintendo, please... we can all hope they plan on doing DLC for the deluxe version if we're lucky enough.

Also, I bet many users here can tell I feel really bored right now. However, @Shishœ might be pleased to hear I'll be watching LWA next week in an anime club I'm in once my one week vacation concludes. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That feeling when you really want Kirby as a playable racer in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, yet you realize that unneeded clones of Mario and Peach (Metal Mario excluded due to nostalgia for many) exist in the game over unique characters. Nintendo, please... we can all hope they plan on doing DLC for the deluxe version if we're lucky enough.

Also, I bet many users here can tell I feel really bored right now. However, @Shishœ might be pleased to hear I'll be watching LWA next week in an anime club I'm in once my one week vacation concludes. :p
Selfcare is making others watch pure anime that'll make them feel better

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
That feeling when you really want Kirby as a playable racer in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, yet you realize that unneeded clones of Mario and Peach (Metal Mario excluded due to nostalgia for many) exist in the game over actual unique characters. Nintendo, please... we can all hope they plan on doing DLC for the deluxe version if we're lucky enough.

hey hey. I like the gold mario and peach and the babies

Ivander

Smash Legend
For anyone with Fire Emblem Heroes, there is a set of "Helping Hand" quests going on. They are a set of 8 really easy quests, consisting of defeating 5 enemies with one type of character of either color or foot-type(like armored or flying) that give 1,500 Universal Shards when completed. You get 12,000 UShards altogether, allowing you to easily level up low-level characters. It takes around 5,100 Shards to level up a character from Lv.1 to Lv.20.
So doing those quests are pretty helpful for catching up your little heroes. And the quests are around for 14 Days.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
hey hey. I like the gold mario and peach and the babies
I won't go against your views on them; if you really like them, then I have no intentions of going against that opinion. However, I personally have issues with them. On a side note, I wasn't targeting the baby characters and have nothing against them.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
God, Yona of the Dawn is a constant feels trip.

I can easily see this becoming a favourite. Even without the Fire Emblem comparisons, it's an extremely well written show in it's own right and the characters are pretty lovable. Even the villain has a really human element to them.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think FE Warriors will probably get amiibo. Maybe not for every character, but for major characters like Chrom who have yet to get one, and then characters like Marth will receive a new one (you can't have an FE amiibo line without Marth after all).

Hyrule Warriors didn't have amiibo because the original game wasn't built with amiibo in mind to begin with, and that still held true for the 3DS port because it's not like they could add much in the way of unique amiibo support using the existing set-up for the game (plus they had bigger development priorities, Hyrule Warriors had some notable blemishes that they improved on in the 3DS verison).

Also while I don't say this to put down Chrom fans or anything or make his inclusion seem lesser, I don't think Chrom will be the "main character" of Fire Emblem Warriors, and I hope he isn't (don't type an angry reply just yet, it's less negative than it sounds :p). I can understand why people think that, as most Nintendo fans' experience with a Warriors game extends no further than Hyrule Warriors, but Warriors games (even the ones based on licensed properties) normally don't have a single main character. Hyrule Warriors only did this because Zelda games aren't normally these complex stories with morally grey characters - Link is the hero, Zelda is the wise princess whom he must assist, and Ganondorf is the dark power threatening to take over, and that's the end of it. Everyone else is there for fun and world building.

I think the best point of comparison for FE Warriors is the Dynasty Warriors Gundam games. While Gundam may be an anime franchise in a sci-fi setting, it's still very similar to Fire Emblem in that it's all about warring nations and young prodigies become pivotal players in war. And it has three Dynasty Warriors crossover games, using characters from all across the main Gundam timeline, and the side franchises.

I played a lot of Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 a good few years back, and personally, there's a lot of elements from that game that I think would lend themselves perfectly to Fire Emblem Warriors. The main thing I loved, was how the story was handled - instead of simply choosing one main character from the entirety of the Gundam storylines (each Gundam series generally has a new protagonist each time, even if old characters return), they instead made an original story that focused on characters from across the Gundam franchise being dragged into a strange new world, and finding themselves allied with characters from other Gundam franchises. This meant, for example, that heroes from one series could be allied with characters who were portrayed as another series' main antagonist. The allegiances formed were somewhat based around what kind of ideals the different characters had regarding war. The story was split into four parallel arcs with their own title:

-Those Who Understand
-Those Who Doubt
-Those Who Pass By
-Those Who Fight

However, upon completion of these four arcs, the tides of the war would change, and characters would shift their allegiances around in accordance with this. Two new branches would then open up - "For Peace", and "For Victory". With most of the good guys from the shows now being together on For Peace, while most of the antagonists were now together on For Victory.

HOWEVER, after those two arcs, a new threat emerges, one that requires the military might of both sides. So every character now joins together to form one massive army, and a new, final arc opens up, called "For Reform".

In addition, they also had "History Missions", which were missions set aside from the main story where you could relieve iconic battles from the Gundam shows as playable missions.

Personally, I think Fire Emblem Warriors should handle it's story in a very similar fashion. With so many characters with so many ideals regarding war, it only makes sense, and IMO it would be way more interesting than just picking Chrom or anyone else as the sole protagonist (not to say Chrom couldn't carry a game on his own, I just think it'd be wasted potential to have a sole main character here). Even using the story arc titles from Dynasty Warriors 3 as a reference, I can easily see how some characters would be aligned. For example, characters like Marth, Chrom, Elise, and Eliwood would fit perfectly into Those Who Understand, since they're all about helping people and fighting for peace. Corrin would fit into Those Who Doubt, as he/she has great inner power and has had to make some rather difficult decisions with big consequences, causing some doubts in his/her mind about whether or not their path is right. Someone like Gaius or Azura would probably be recruited in the Those Who Pass By path, as they are pretty neutral (I define Azura as a True Neutral character because while she does want peace, she still will take whatever path Corrin chooses to achieve that, regardless of the morality of it). And of course, villains like King Garon would fit just fine in the Those Who Fight path.

And of course, you could easily make an equivalent to History Missions with Fire Emblem.

TL;DR - I think FE Warriors would be better with different story arcs featuring different crossovers of characters based on their ideals regarding war, rather than making a generic Light VS Dark story featuring Chrom or anyone else as the main character. Dynasty Warriors normally does this kind of thing and it's perfect for Fire Emblem. Hyrule Warriors only kept it a simple Light VS Dark story since that's what Zelda games normally are.
Marth and Ike are the only FE characters I coukd see getting a second one.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

I won't go against your views on them; if you really like them, then I have no intentions of going against that opinion. However, I personally have issues with them. On a side note, I wasn't targeting the baby characters and have nothing against them.
oh pff my b, normaly when a person talks about unwanted characters, they add the babies but I see no issues with the Marios and Peaches considering there are way more other characters I could pick

Like Villager and Toadette and... Villager

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
oh pff my b, normaly when a person talks about unwanted characters, they add the babies but I see no issues with the Marios and Peaches considering there are way more other characters I could pick
Its all good; the concept behind the babies (younger versions of Mario characters with unique stats) were never a bad idea in my opinion, so I don't dislike them in any form. Characters like Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, and Pink Gold Peach, however, feel unnecessary to me and could of been replaced with other unique characters that should be in (Diddy Kong and the earlier mentioned Kirby being notable examples).

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Its all good; the concept behind the babies (younger versions of Mario characters with unique stats) were never a bad idea in my opinion, so I don't dislike them in any form. Characters like Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, and Pink Gold Peach, however, feel unnecessary to me and could of been replaced with other unique characters that should be in (Diddy Kong and the earlier mentioned Kirby being notable examples).
Hm, I dont think they are unnecessary. I mean, Im sure people play as them so they are really of some use. Hell, I loved playing as Tanuki Mario and Id love a Tanuki Luigi because I love his tanuki suit. Oh and if I can get the whole gold set, Id play the hell out of Gold Mario

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does anyone ever question why Clark Kent doesn't attend the various incarnations of Superman's death?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I find mono type pokemon to be a little boring. Although my two favorite pokemon are mono types

Water, and Electric.

Though Water/ Steel and Electric/ Dragon would be better for them

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Nothing much to say. Reckless Wiimote Safety Man won. Well that confirms that the meme never died and alot of people have been irresponsible with their Nintendo consoles lately.

Anyways, it's Shulk time. Or shall I say Xenoblade Chronicles time. Your choices will be Fiora (@KeybladeSmasher and Mythra Mythra will be interested), Dunban (Tagging @Drunkle Qrow and @Rider Gwen), Melia, and Riki. I now some are going to rag on on me for now Reyn or Sharla, but they are definitely next. I'm aware of how big the cast is.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Remember to press on and on and on. But not that I'm saying that to be Fiora for the day.
But what if I choose Dunkslam? :v
Man, all the XC characters have great gimmicks that would work in Smash (...well.. Sharla not so much), but still my main choice is Fiora.

Where's Reyn tho?

D

Deleted member

Mono types are cool tho, as long as they have some unique move or ability to distinguish them from the rest otherwise you might get a Midnight Lycanroc in your hands.
Unless it's Flying, Flying is currently the only type where a mono type would be unique
And yes, I know about Tornadus but he's one legendary and still the only one

Last edited by a moderator:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Robin and Lucina are possible imo
I could see Ike, Robin, Lucina and Corrin potentially have 2 Amiibo including their Smash version. But the only reason I see the possibility of those are if:
-Ike gets a Amiibo of his young self in Path of Radiance.
-Lucina gets a "Masked Marth" Amiibo.
-Robin and Corrin get the opposite gender as an Amiibo.

If Ike, Lucina, Robin and Corrin ever got a second Amiibo, the above are the most likely conclusion if they get a second Amiibo.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I do agree that dual types are pretty cool, but I don't really think it's a reason for too huge of a gap between them and mono types. The actual Pokédex has kind of been straying further away from mono types too.

Aside from sheer diversity, I feel that type effectiveness of just one type needs to be more present in individual Pokémon. And adding a second type doesn't necessarily make the Pokémon better competitively. Just look at :047:.

A lot of the Fakemon I see seem like they have a type that barely makes sense, if making any sense at all, just so they can be a dual type. And for whatever reason, everyone insists that all three starters always get a second type (I don't think I've ever seen a fan starter that's a mono type), although this never actually happened in canon until Gen 4.

Because of this, when I made my Fakedex, I made sure there there was a good mix. Only one of my starters got a second type.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Reyn is right here with some new competitors (Alvis, ****son, and Sharla).

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Oh, and Fiora was the winner of the last one. Party hard and press on and on. ;)
Isn't that censor dodging?
Pretty sure you can't say Dickson here.

EDIT: Oh we can now. That use to be censored.
Moby ****
**** van ****

EDIT2: Still can't say those names though.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Isn't that censor dodging?
Pretty sure you can't say Dickson here.

EDIT: Oh we can now. That use to be censored.
Moby ****
**** van ****

EDIT2: Still can't say those names though.
Whoops.

Fixed. That could have been suicide. :facepalm:

D

Deleted member

They still haven't fixed Yo****aka Amano, haven't they?

EDIT: They didn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
God forbid someone under thirteen hear the word d*ck.

They might learn a word they definitely don't already know and use incessantly.

Good thing we have Smashboards to keep order. :p

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Is anyone else planning on getting Mario Kart Deluxe? Should we have a nintenzone mario kart race?
Heyo.

Dibs on last place.

God forbid someone under thirteen hear the word d*ck.

They might learn a word they definitely don't already know and use incessantly.

Good thing we have Smashboards to keep order. :p
Now now, N3ON.

Don't be a ****.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What the kids need is for **** Tracy to have a movie come out like 1990 so all the kids can say **** around the playground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom