• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Huh, FE Echoes is getting a Limited Edition (please come to Europe).

The most interesting thing about it is one of the pins being based on a Marth sprite. Marth wasn't in the original game as far as I know, and that sprite seems new (I haven't played Awakening though so I could be wrong).

I guess that might mean he's making an appearance in this game somehow. Maybe through amiibo. Hopefully we can get other characters the same way too, including Roy this time.
:4marth:,:4myfriends:,:4robinm:,:4lucina:,:4feroy: and :4corrin: all appear via amiibo

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

The most interesting thing about it is one of the pins being based on a Marth sprite. Marth wasn't in the original game as far as I know, and that sprite seems new (I haven't played Awakening though so I could be wrong).

I guess that might mean he's making an appearance in this game somehow. Maybe through amiibo. Hopefully we can get other characters the same way too, including Roy this time.
Yeah, all amiibo work and they confirmed Corrin's amiibo will be usable to summon him like the other FE amiibo

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The Arcade Badge Bunny won (so congrats Opossum Opossum ), but in reality he tied with Nikki in the end. So Eenie Meenie Minie Mo had to be done again to break that tie. Either way, both characters are perfect candidates for Smash either way.

Now this will be about the most helpful console guides you can ask for or just unorthodox characters no one would ever think of. Your choices are the Nintendo Hep Cat (Wii News and Photo Channel), Amelia (Nintendo Switch), Reckless Safety Man (Wii and Switch), and the eShop Bag (3DS). Oh boy, I can tell this one will be a little controversial.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I'll see myself out.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

$60 is a little much IMO. With Fates SE you got $100 worth in games for $80 plus the artbook & pouch. Granted this could offset supply issues, but given Nintendo's history of shortages I'm not holding my breath.

Definitely tempting but I'm not going to freak if I miss out. The CD should be easy enough to come across separately. For so many reasons, it's good to know the Corrin amiibo is still coming out.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The Arcade Badge Bunny won (so congrats Opossum Opossum ), but in reality he tied with Nikki in the end. So Eenie Meenie Minie Mo had to be done again to break that tie. Either way, both characters are perfect candidates for Smash either way.

Now this will be about the most helpful console guides you can ask for or just unorthodox characters no one would ever think of. Your choices are the Nintendo Hep Cat (Wii News and Photo Channel), Amelia (Nintendo Switch), Reckless Safety Man (Wii and Switch), and the eShop Bag (3DS). Oh boy, I can tell this one will be a little controversial.

I'll see myself out.
> Reckless Safety Man

Ooooooooooooh boy, this is going to be fun. /s

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I might get that Limited Edition if it comes to Europe. I bought the FE Fates Special Edition on complete impulse, having not played a Fire Emblem game before, so at least this time I've more assurance I will enjoy the game. I really like the look of the artbook, CD, and pins as well.

If I don't get the Limited Edition, then I probably won't get the game on release. Chances are I will be playing FE Fates: Revelations around the time, and I want to play Awakening at some point after that and I can probably get that pretty cheap now. Plus there's the ones on the Wii U eShop as easy options too. Plus I have other games I'm looking to play (like the KH1.5+2.5 Collection which comes out next week).

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

I'll see myself out.
+1 Nintendo Help Cat.

To broaden my catfight jokes past ZSS vs. Bayonetta.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Ah so that explains the tweet showing Seiken Densetsu running on the Switch. Really hope this comes west. I haven't played any Mana games but hearing all the good things about them makes me want to.
I hope so too. I'd buy the collection for Seiken Densetsu 3 alone as that was an amazing game. That being said, it feels like a missed opportunity to not release the remake of Final Fantasy Adventure for Switch alongside the collection.

D

Deleted member

I'll see myself out.
Delet this.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
We have a new trailer for Fire Emblem Echoes.

"Pillars of modern warfare such as pair-ups and predictable archers have no place in Valentia."

Looks like Nintendo made fun of Awakening and Fates.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

"Pillars of modern warfare such as pair-ups and predictable archers have no place in Valentia."

I haven't followed this game much since it's initial announcement but:

>Those dungeon environments
>Those Professor Layton/Phoenix Wright-esque town exploration segments
>Archers play completely differently
>Mages can summon ghostly soldiers
>amiibo support means I can play as the whole Smash cast

This game is looking fantastic. I think I'll pre-order the Limited Edition once it goes up in Europe.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Delet this.
Even if Beerus erase this from existence, he still techinically would have won. It could have been worse like going for Nester or Captain N.

Xenoblade is definitely next though.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I know jack squat about Sidon as I haven't taken time to look into BotW yet because I'm waiting to get and play the game myself.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I only noticed this now, but the European version of the Limited Edition includes the Alm and Celica amiibo, while the NA version does not. It will likely be more expensive in Europe as a result though.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
All I know is that everyone have a crush on him.

Furries (Fishies)?
Maybe you'll understand when you play the game.

I never played it and I like his positive attitude (and memes).

Not t to mention the Link x Sidon pics are kind of sweet.

D

Deleted member

I don't think the Marth pin means anything
Roy(and some guy from TMS too but who cares) appeared with a Fates styled sprite in some promotional art and that turned out to be nothing
Anyways, tweet isn't loading for me, what does it come with?

I think the predictable Archers is a jab at the rest of the entire series
Because 1-5 Rng>2 Rng

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
There's a possibility that I may believe that third playstyle in Sonic Forces is Boom Sonic doing the Adventure playstyle. Becauuse can't do anything without kissing off part of the fanbase

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Welp.
Haven't posted anything about that regoinal Pokedex I've been work on.

I'll dump what I have now, still in the works. One catch your attention? Ask about it and I'll attempt to give more details to the idea!

001-003: Foalower/Rostallion/Sagetarius, Grass-->/Psychic
004-006: Calflame/Charcow/Tauroast, Fire-->/Steel
007-009: Bubblamb/Surfleece/Capristine, Water-->/Flying
010-012: Aerobin/Rotochirper/Aerotross, Normal/Flying --> Steel/Flying
013-015: Shrute/Sledgehog/Aurmodillo, Normal->/Rock->/Steel
016-019: Sqworm/Hidecoon/Locustudy~Incicadious, Bug-->/Psychic~/Dark
020-021: Discodo/Flatempo, Grass/Flying
022-023: Dewling/Bladrop, Grass/Water
024: Blossage, Grass/Psychic
025-026: 3 stage Dart Frog, Poison
027-028: 2 stage sand snail, Water/Ground
029: 1 stage dolphin, Water
030-031: Trankoil/Charkoil, Water->/Fire
032-033: 2 stage sun, Fire/Electric
034-035: Charnary/Falcorch, Fire/Flying, Haunting.
036-038: Fusent/Flarat/Vermine, Fire->/Ground
039-041: Possesteele/Rockrypt/Massouleum, Rock/Ghost
042: Woreior, Rock/Fighting
043-044: (Horn Fossil) Joltops/Ceravolt, Rock/Electric
045-046: (Fang Fossil) Kittooth/Fanguarr, Rock->/Dark
047-048: Peafoul/Fowlgestic, Dark/Psychic
049-051: 3 stage Flying Pig, Ground/Fairy
052-053: Baark/Howool, Dark/Fairy
054-056: Ankhat/Egynx/Pharoar, Normal/Ground->Ghost/Ground
057-058: Faefoul/Henma, Fairy->/Psychic
059: Bushon, Normal/Grass
060-061: 2 Stage prairie dog, Ground
062-063: Raskull/Hooligeist, Ghost/Fighting
064: Viruzune, Electric/Dark
065-066: Vialent/Beakserker, Steel/Posion
067-068: Medikid/Maladoc, Psychic/Poison
069: Corruptagion, Electric/Poison
070-071: 2 stage Burrowing owl, Ground/Flying
072-073: Folittle/Faeille, Grass-/Water~Fire~Electric~Ice
074-075: Tripea/Mastalk, Grass/Fairy
076-077: Sqwatt/Electrolapod, Water/Electric
078-079: Fungish/Formusha, Water/Poison
080-082: Tosty/Brrahan~Banchill, Ice->/Dark~Ghost
083-084: Sheetle/Kabusnow, Bug/Ice
085: Arguardian: Steel
086: Cakancer, Fairy/Fire
087: Dracoyle, Dragon/Rock
088: Mascot Cupcake Mouse: Normal/All
089: Terres, Grass/Rock
090: Purradox, Normal/Ghost
091: Lavant, Bug/Fire
092-093: 2 Stage Sand Worm, Bug/Ground
094-095: 2-Stage Dragonfly, Bug/Dragon
096: Piscecuffs, Water/Fighting
097-099: Pseudo Manticore/Chimera. Normal->/Poison->Fairy/Poison
100-102: Pseudo Gryphon. Normal/Flying-->Fairy/Flying
103-105: Liztar/DragalaxyDrakosmos, Dragon/Psychic
106: Spring Jar Undyne, Water/Fairy
107: Summer Virgo, Fire/Psychic
108: Autumn Orthros, Rock/Grass
109: Winter Scorpion, Ice/Poison
110: Fate Angel, Fighting/Flying
111: Luck Cait Sith, Fighting/Fairy
112: Chaos Eldritch Bug, Bug/Poison
The Peafoul line is based off a peacock, yeah?

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Wait the Gaiden remake is not getting much in the way of reworking? I gotta be honest. That's pretty disappointing. Shadow Dragon's failing, to me at least, was its weird half commitment to being a straight remake vs a update. From what I've seen, Gaiden has some rather dated aspects that probably should have been update for our current times. Oh well. Maybe I'll wait until I hear more before making judgement calls.

Edit: Oops. I think I must have assumed some things before actually watching the trailer. Damn, I'm bad. Please ignore and carry.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
OH GOD
IT ISN'T GETTING REWORKED
Gaiden's stupidity is remaining in tact!
10/10 Best Game in Series
Great I can't wait to have to re-fight Nuibaba and his Magic Ring/Medusa combo or Doma summoning enough monster units each turn that the game suffers from sprite flickering/slowdown. lol

Part of me is happy it's staying true to the original, but I can understand the complaints as well. I just hope that maps are more interesting. Also still waiting on the confirmation of supports.

Well, since Gaiden isn't getting reworked I could imagine FE elitists moaning even louder now.
I'll be honest, what even qualifies as a Fire Emblem Elitist anymore? I've been out of the loop.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm happy that while some cool and unique features are staying in(Archer's range, Magic system, etc), things like towns, dungeons and the inventory are being reworked(iirc, you couldn't trade items in Gaiden but we see a shield being sent to the convoy after the Knight is killed). Hell, it seems they're even adding some items such as all the equipped food we've seen that probably recovers HP when you could only equip shields in the original.

I just hope we get supports and GBA-styled bonuses.

And I can't wait to abuse the hell out of summoning spells, I loved Summoners in FE8 simply because of their unique utility.

In other news
This is officially the new Jojoke

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Great I can't wait to have to re-fight Nuibaba and his Magic Ring/Medusa combo or Doma summoning enough monster units each turn that the game suffers from sprite flickering/slowdown. lol

Part of me is happy it's staying true to the original, but I can understand the complaints as well. I just hope that maps are more interesting. Also still waiting on the confirmation of supports.

I'll be honest, what even qualifies as a Fire Emblem Elitist anymore? I've been out of the loop.
They probably are fixing the problems of the original version without changing it completely.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There's a possibility that I may believe that third playstyle in Sonic Forces is Boom Sonic doing the Adventure playstyle. Becauuse can't do anything without kissing off part of the fanbase
I think that is one of the more likely possibilities as well.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm really excited for Shadows of Valentia. I've been staying spoiler free (I know next to nothing about the plot, just a bit about Alm and Celica's characters from their Awakening DLC, and that the Mila Tree is a reference to Gaiden/SoV) and I'm loving how the game looks.

I'll probably pick up the Alm and Celica amiibo as well, and attempt to track down the Collectors Edition.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm partly interested in FE Echoes...I'll probably pick it up when it comes out...

However as I'm currently playing BotW, almost nothing else matters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom