• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
What can I say? I beat the game, I beat the shrines. I. . .kept going.

Just checked my Wii U and Splatoon and Smash both sail over that number at 400 and 800 hrs respectively but again, Smash does jukebox duty. Apparently way, way more than I remembered. . .Splatoon kinda does too, but I think I still played it way more often than I did that and 400 hrs LOL. If my Switch internet works alright that certainly bodes well for this summer, LOL.

I thought XCX might have been past it since I dumped a good month into that, but nope BotW is already ahead of where that was.

GotY, LOL
I still got a ways to go before I catch up to my XCX playtime...As that file's well over 200 hours at this point...

Whether I'll get another 60 hours or so in BotW still remains to be seen but I don't see myself stopping anytime soon so we'll see...

Ivander

Smash Legend
Stuff like this is exactly why I'm completely okay with the actual bosses being relatively easy (apparently anyway, I can't really judge as I've only faced one).

I never played SotC but BotW definitely draws a lot from it from what I've seen and known about it. I should probably give that game a shot one of these days...
I definitely recommend the game. The game may be All Bosses only, but that doesn't stop the game from being actually immersive, beautiful and fun IMHO. That's all I'm going to say cause any more might be overhyping it, but in all honesty, I recommend playing the game. It's an experience that anybody who hasn't played or know about the game has to give the game at least the one playthrough IMO. Just watching it through Youtube and whatnot doesn't give it justice.

It's safe to say that in my opinion, it's in my Top 5 Greatest Games Ever List. But that's just my opinion.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Welp.
Haven't posted anything about that regoinal Pokedex I've been work on.

I'll dump what I have now, still in the works. One catch your attention? Ask about it and I'll attempt to give more details to the idea!

001-003: Foalower/Rostallion/Sagetarius, Grass-->/Psychic
004-006: Calflame/Charcow/Tauroast, Fire-->/Steel
007-009: Bubblamb/Surfleece/Capristine, Water-->/Flying
010-012: Aerobin/Rotochirper/Aerotross, Normal/Flying --> Steel/Flying
013-015: Shrute/Sledgehog/Aurmodillo, Normal->/Rock->/Steel
016-019: Sqworm/Hidecoon/Locustudy~Incicadious, Bug-->/Psychic~/Dark
020-021: Discodo/Flatempo, Grass/Flying
022-023: Dewling/Bladrop, Grass/Water
024: Blossage, Grass/Psychic
025-026: 3 stage Dart Frog, Poison
027-028: 2 stage sand snail, Water/Ground
029: 1 stage dolphin, Water
030-031: Trankoil/Charkoil, Water->/Fire
032-033: 2 stage sun, Fire/Electric
034-035: Charnary/Falcorch, Fire/Flying, Haunting.
036-038: Fusent/Flarat/Vermine, Fire->/Ground
039-041: Possesteele/Rockrypt/Massouleum, Rock/Ghost
042: Woreior, Rock/Fighting
043-044: (Horn Fossil) Joltops/Ceravolt, Rock/Electric
045-046: (Fang Fossil) Kittooth/Fanguarr, Rock->/Dark
047-048: Peafoul/Fowlgestic, Dark/Psychic
049-051: 3 stage Flying Pig, Ground/Fairy
052-053: Baark/Howool, Dark/Fairy
054-056: Ankhat/Egynx/Pharoar, Normal/Ground->Ghost/Ground
057-058: Faefoul/Henma, Fairy->/Psychic
059: Bushon, Normal/Grass
060-061: 2 Stage prairie dog, Ground
062-063: Raskull/Hooligeist, Ghost/Fighting
064: Viruzune, Electric/Dark
065-066: Vialent/Beakserker, Steel/Posion
067-068: Medikid/Maladoc, Psychic/Poison
069: Corruptagion, Electric/Poison
070-071: 2 stage Burrowing owl, Ground/Flying
072-073: Folittle/Faeille, Grass-/Water~Fire~Electric~Ice
074-075: Tripea/Mastalk, Grass/Fairy
076-077: Sqwatt/Electrolapod, Water/Electric
078-079: Fungish/Formusha, Water/Poison
080-082: Tosty/Brrahan~Banchill, Ice->/Dark~Ghost
083-084: Sheetle/Kabusnow, Bug/Ice
085: Arguardian: Steel
086: Cakancer, Fairy/Fire
087: Dracoyle, Dragon/Rock
088: Mascot Cupcake Mouse: Normal/All
089: Terres, Grass/Rock
090: Purradox, Normal/Ghost
091: Lavant, Bug/Fire
092-093: 2 Stage Sand Worm, Bug/Ground
094-095: 2-Stage Dragonfly, Bug/Dragon
096: Piscecuffs, Water/Fighting
097-099: Pseudo Manticore/Chimera. Normal->/Poison->Fairy/Poison
100-102: Pseudo Gryphon. Normal/Flying-->Fairy/Flying
103-105: Liztar/DragalaxyDrakosmos, Dragon/Psychic
106: Spring Jar Undyne, Water/Fairy
107: Summer Virgo, Fire/Psychic
108: Autumn Orthros, Rock/Grass
109: Winter Scorpion, Ice/Poison
110: Fate Angel, Fighting/Flying
111: Luck Cait Sith, Fighting/Fairy
112: Chaos Eldritch Bug, Bug/Poison

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Did more exploring in Hyrule Castle...
I have seen things...Things I'm not quite ready to tackle just yet, but damn...

Also found Zelda's Diary...was both sad and unsettling...especially the last page...
I liked how it basically emphasized what happened during some of the memories, it goes more in depth with her thoughts on some of the events that occured as well as her thoughts of Link both before and after he saves her from the Yiga...

It also went over some reasoning for his silence, which was interesting since this hasn't really been touched upon in other Zelda games at all...

I have to say though, as I was climbing up Hyrule Castle and literally overlooking the entirety of Hyrule from the tallest point of the castle...It just goes to show how much I'm making the most of this game...I could literally end it right here but the thing is I just don't want it to end just yet...I can't remember playing through a game the same way as I usually start getting anxious to move onto the next thing that I just rush through the closing parts of the game, but this time it's very different...I mean this is the third time I've been to Hyrule Castle and yet I still haven't had enough of this game yet...

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I can't handle this lmao

If this is some viral marketing for Space Jam 2, I swear to Jordan that Im gonna travel to Oklahoma City to see the movie premiere wearing a Kevin Durant jersey.

D

Deleted member

Space Jam is proof that the Earth is Hollow, the Looney Toons live down there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Just beat FFXV's storyline. Great damn game. Gonnq go ahead and 100% it now. Met a living ****ing mountain as a post-game boss, so I'll need to prepare for him.

Missed some missions as well so I'm gonna complete those too.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Speaking of Switch JRPGs. . .anyone tried I am Setsuna? What's it like? Would you recommend it or not?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
A good chunk of people do, I don't though. He got a bit better overtime when **** Grayson was Batman. But I can't stand stuck up heroes. Same reason why I don't care for Emma Frost.
Lmao D ic k's name was censored

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Angry Joe gave Breath of the Wild a very enthusiastic 9/10.

His fans don't like that he liked it.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know how everyone's minds got blown with the Sidon thing?

I got one for ya.

Kilton.

Kill-Ton.

Think about how the shop he runs works.

D

Deleted member

Wait, did you already do a poll based on Nintendo's software AND StreetPass characters? If so, can you tell me which characters were used?

Actually, I'm also an advocate for Nikki, as well as many other Nintendo software and StreetPass characters.

Honestly, this series really hits all the right notes. I may as well mention my favorite episodes are 7, 8, 9, and 10. (I have yet to watch ep. 11).

I haven't rooted for a main character this much since Ash Ketchum (who Akko REALLY takes after in personality) in the first few seasons of Pokemon when it was on Kids' WB!

And I LOVE the OP AND the ED. Seriously, it's true: LWA saved anime (at least, for me...)

BTW, do LWA and My Hero Academia share the same studio? Seriously, they look nearly identical.
Man, you're gonna love Ep11 then
It wasn't just LWA who saved anime, it was Trigger in general. Who else would have done Kill la Kill?

And no, MHA is done by Bones, though there are some differences in their artstyle
And if you haven't watched it yet, I highly recommend it because you'll be rooting for Deku as much as you do for Akko. And the second season is, like, one week away

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

I feel 9/10 for the game is a fair rating, and I'm glad Joe enjoyed it.

But the comment section of that video is absolutely awful. Just mindless anti-Nintendo hate and people crying that he didn't "tear the game apart".

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

"JOE DIDN'T GIVE THE GAME THE SCORE I WANTED HIM TO GIVE
"

I just realized something
Twitch chat is going to go ****ing wild when they do power rangers wild force as the red ranger from that season got arrested for manslaughter a few days ago
They're already on Wild Force.
Can confirm Murder Ranger jokes. Wait for the Isis Megazord though.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I just realized something
Twitch chat is going to go ****ing wild when they do power rangers wild force as the red ranger from that season got arrested for manslaughter a few days ago
Was that the one who killed the guy with a sword?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
You know how everyone's minds got blown with the Sidon thing?

I got one for ya.

Kilton.

Kill-Ton.

Think about how the shop he runs works.
Huh. Makes sense, good catch.

What's the Sidon thing, though? Tried to look it up, but -

upload_2017-3-21_7-41-26.png

- the internet may be a little single minded about Sidon right now.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
"JOE DIDN'T GIVE THE GAME THE SCORE I WANTED HIM TO GIVE
"

They're already on Wild Force.
Can confirm Murder Ranger jokes. Wait for the Isis Megazord though.

It's a reverse Jim Sterling
Goddamn Twitch chat, kapparanger might not exist bit this is great
Also, Isis Megazord? Christ that is an unfortunate title
Was that the one who killed the guy with a sword?
ding ding ding!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I feel like I see a deeper, more subtle story in the backdrop of BotW than most do, about not the events of 100 years ago but of the setting backdrop as a whole. There's not much to it, but what is there is. . .interesting.

Perhaps the most spelled out evidence is a single research book in Hyrule Castle. The Sheikah Slate doesn't actually have a name, it was just dubbed that by the mystified people that discovered it, with the mere concept of a camera astonishing them.

. . .Now, let's look at some armor sets.

The Ancient Armor's aesthetics could be dismissed as recycling Guardian parts, but there's no denying the subtle details and the long, flowing locks. The people of this age see those of 10,000 years ago as an elegant and mysterious fantasy. But the armors ACTUALLY from that time are. . .oddly 21st century. An anachronism, but not one of elegance. It's a very fascinating dissonance.

If the Sheikah are ahead of their time now, able to reason out the most advanced technology they know in a matter of years, who's to say they weren't in the past? I think the truth of the matter is, 10,000 years ago Hyrule crawled from the muck of medieval stasis, but not in the elegant way of ancient precursors as BotW's Hyrule perceives them. They were. . .a society not unlike our own, with a few outliers driving science above and beyond. With magic as a supplement, of course.

Their Link could have been Biker Link and we wouldn't even know it.

And then. . .something caused them to backslide. Something erased all but the most sturdy of time capsules and machinery from the world. Did they simply fall to the sands of time. . .or did Ganon wipe them out? Ganon certainly recurs much faster than once every 10,000 years, and there's a question of why society wasn't still using Guardian tech until recently. Perhaps they knew they would fall eventually, that was why they left their legacy. . .so someone could succeed where it would only be so long before they would fail.

What happens now I don't know. Medieval stasis is probably back for a bit, but the Zelda world always did understand the power of gunpowder. Even now you see Goron cannons and. . .ordinary military cannons scattered across a fort?? What? Other Zelda games in likely a different timeline didn't even have a problem grasping 19th century tech. With the jumpstart from the salvaged Sheikah tech, the Hyrule of BotW could have a massive leap forward in a matter of decades.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Huh. Makes sense, good catch.

What's the Sidon thing, though? Tried to look it up, but -

View attachment 127179

- the internet may be a little single minded about Sidon right now.
Someone on the thread pointed out that Sidon is short for Posidon.

I later saw someplace else on the internet have that realization too, LOL.

Seriously, though, I jokingly called Sidon "Fish Husbando" when I first saw him. Apparently a loooot of other people saw that in him, too, LOL. . .he's quite a good looking fish.

D

Deleted member

I don't even have BotW yet but I already love Sidon
He's in the "If I had to choose a fish" category

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I feel like I see a deeper, more subtle story in the backdrop of BotW than most do, about not the events of 100 years ago but of the setting backdrop as a whole. There's not much to it, but what is there is. . .interesting.

Perhaps the most spelled out evidence is a single research book in Hyrule Castle. The Sheikah Slate doesn't actually have a name, it was just dubbed that by the mystified people that discovered it, with the mere concept of a camera astonishing them.

. . .Now, let's look at some armor sets.

The Ancient Armor's aesthetics could be dismissed as recycling Guardian parts, but there's no denying the subtle details and the long, flowing locks. The people of this age see those of 10,000 years ago as an elegant and mysterious fantasy. But the armors ACTUALLY from that time are. . .oddly 21st century. An anachronism, but not one of elegance. It's a very fascinating dissonance.

If the Sheikah are ahead of their time now, able to reason out the most advanced technology they know in a matter of years, who's to say they weren't in the past? I think the truth of the matter is, 10,000 years ago Hyrule crawled from the muck of medieval stasis, but not in the elegant way of ancient precursors as BotW's Hyrule perceives them. They were. . .a society not unlike our own, with a few outliers driving science above and beyond. With magic as a supplement, of course.

Their Link could have been Biker Link and we wouldn't even know it.

And then. . .something caused them to backslide. Something erased all but the most sturdy of time capsules and machinery from the world. Did they simply fall to the sands of time. . .or did Ganon wipe them out? Ganon certainly recurs much faster than once every 10,000 years, and there's a question of why society wasn't still using Guardian tech until recently. Perhaps they knew they would fall eventually, that was why they left their legacy. . .so someone could succeed where it would only be so long before they would fail.

What happens now I don't know. Medieval stasis is probably back for a bit, but the Zelda world always did understand the power of gunpowder. Even now you see Goron cannons and. . .ordinary military cannons scattered across a fort?? What? Other Zelda games in likely a different timeline didn't even have a problem grasping 19th century tech. With the jumpstart from the salvaged Sheikah tech, the Hyrule of BotW could have a massive leap forward in a matter of decades.
Funny you should mention, this one's been one I thought about recently.

I actually found Zelda's explanation for the Sheikah Slate's name a bit incongruent due to one note in particular - each guidance stone chirps off, "Sheikah Slate authenticated" every time they're accessed.

Now it's possible that it was named that in some unseen-to-the-player configuration menu (we know there are people, such as Purah, who are far more apt with the slate and the underlying tech), and perhaps the guidance stones are simply rattling off the device name they're pairing with. However, the slates themselves are obviously a class of device rather than a singular piece, as the Champions also had access to one slate each 100 years ago in order to pilot the divine beasts (Purah also has one in the modern era, but it was self-built, so we'll ignore it).

The divine beasts may have been updated to suit the new naming convention, but the towers - the primary source of these notifications - were still buried during the time of the Champions. Perhaps there was some kind of way the beasts could have also updated the towers, but while possible this seems unlikely.

The only in-game explanation that makes sense is a very lucky guess. The meta-explanation could be that the guess was intentionally lucky, or anything from an oversight on the writers' parts to a translation gaffe.

Personally, I have enough ideas about the story at large that I'm willing to leave well enough alone on the subject. Food for thought, though.

Also this backslide has been known for a while, lore-wise. Skyward Sword also showcased ancient technological prowess with the robots, timeshift stones, and associated equipment in the Lanayru region. Fi, as well, operates much like an AI and suggests that the Goddess/Master Sword itself is perhaps also advanced technology, if perhaps Clarke's Third Law is in effect.

It's worth noting that the tech we see in BotW was explicitly preserved for the long-term (Zelda's diary entries note the remaining Guardians are deep underground, and Rhoam's comments regarding the vast excavation efforts that unearthed the Sheikah tech), whereas the ancient robots conversely were out in the open and already decrepit during the Skyward era, and we're somewhere at the tail end of the known child timeline during the game, so this would be unknown information to the general populace, even amongst those familiar with Sheikah technology. And the ancient robots could have come from a source independent of the Sheikah; the technology certainly doesn't look similar, and if Calamity Ganon was both an incarnation of Demise's hatred and known by that name during the original use of the Guardian technology, the Sheikah most likely built it after the Skyward era.

Tech is a fiddly thing in Zelda. Makes you wonder about a lot of things throughout the series, actually. For example, I kinda wonder now if the Telepathy Tiles in Link to the Past could theoretically be a highly advanced communication device - kind of landline-phone-like, maybe working through some kind of bone conduction? It'd certainly be easier for Sahasrahla to explain it as psychic rather than "I'm very precisely vibrating your itty bitty 16-bit head."

Someone on the thread pointed out that Sidon is short for Posidon.

I later saw someplace else on the internet have that realization too, LOL.

Seriously, though, I jokingly called Sidon "Fish Husbando" when I first saw him. Apparently a loooot of other people saw that in him, too, LOL. . .he's quite a good looking fish.
I called Mipha "Fish Waifu."

I ain't judging.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Huh, FE Echoes is getting a Limited Edition (please come to Europe).

The most interesting thing about it is one of the pins being based on a Marth sprite. Marth wasn't in the original game as far as I know, and that sprite seems new (I haven't played Awakening though so I could be wrong).

I guess that might mean he's making an appearance in this game somehow. Maybe through amiibo. Hopefully we can get other characters the same way too, including Roy this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom