• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It'd be cool if the next open world Zelda has character creation.

Who wouldn't want to play as a Zora, Goron, Rito or Gerudo?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Honestly I'd probably pick Goron because rolling around was super fun. I love the boss fight where you fight as a Goron.

I used to just roll around Termina field for hours gathering stray rupees and hearts/ magic. As long as grass has a magic potion you never have to stop

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Holy ****.

So Iron Fist is currently getting mauled on Rotten Tomatoes. For reference, the DC Extended Universe's three entries (Man of Steel, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, and Suicide Squad) scored 55%, 27%, and 26% on the Tomatometer, respectively.

Iron Fist, as of now, is sitting at a 17%.

Granted, reviews are still coming in, but...yikes...this is definitely the MCU's first true dud so far. Even Thor The Dark World, almost universally seen as the weakest entry in the MCU (especially if you don't include Agent Carter season two), did a hell of a lot better.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Came here and expected this.

Gives a whole new meaning to Up Up Down Down.
"New... Day ****s... New... Day ****s"
Oh lord Brad Maddox is a literal cuck.

At one point it stops being "leaks are bad" and goes to being jokes.
knew i liked you for a good reason

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Holy ****.

So Iron Fist is currently getting mauled on Rotten Tomatoes. For reference, the DC Extended Universe's three entries (Man of Steel, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, and Suicide Squad) scored 55%, 27%, and 26% on the Tomatometer, respectively.

Granted, reviews are still coming in, but...yikes...this is definitely the MCU's first true dud so far. Even Thor The Dark World, almost universally seen as the weakest entry in the MCU (especially if you don't include Agent Carter season two), did a hell of a lot better.
What are the reasons for it?

Ivander

Smash Legend

To be honest, I don't think character creation is the next step. For something like Hyrule Warriors, maybe. But I don't think character creation would be the next logical step for a main-game Zelda.
I think before character creation is taken on, the next step should be multiple playable characters in the form of different races, like Goron, Zora and etc. I think fleshing out how to handle how said characters will play is more important compared to going straight to character creation and getting both the character creation and characters working. So I think either bringing back the transformation system from Majora's Mask or doing something like a Dark Cloud-style character selection(Press a button to bring a list of characters, than choose said character to replace the current active character with said character) should happen first before character creation.

If there's anything that Breath of the Wild is making me want, it's Multiplayer. After getting a through look at Breath of the Wild, I think Multiplayer would work really well with this game. I mean, you have exploring, cooking, dropping stuff for others to pick up, different weapons and armors with different effects, a dye system and etc. And to be honest, Xenoblade Chronicles X also made me want the same thing and sadly it was never meant to be in the end.
Seeing how big and how fleshed out Breath of the Wild's world is, I would love to experience it with other people. I want to do many things with other people in this world. I'd love to climb to the top of the mountains with other people. I'd love to shield surf with other people. Just by how much you can explore in the game and do so much stuff just makes me want to share the experience with other people. :happysheep:

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
My binge watching of Samurai Jack is making me want to play the Samurai Jack characters/levels of Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion again.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Holy ****.

I'm excited to see why it sucks so hard when I watch the first episode tomorrow

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Minus the Rito and Gerudo, add the Deku....Now you have Majora's Mask :p

Honestly all I'd want is an option to play as Zelda for once in a proper Zelda game...a command mechanic similar to Wind Waker or transformations such as in Majora's Mask could be a cool thing to implement in future games for sure...but I'm not too keen on too much customization in a Zelda game outside of clothing options, I don't really want the Zelda series to literally turn into Skyrim...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What are the reasons for it?
Here's a short list based on what I've read of the reviews:

- The fight choreography sucks. Iron Fist, of all things, should have good fight choreography. Consensus says it's awful.
- The writing is apparently atrocious.
- Many are saying they made Danny into a full on manchild.
- Little to no mysticism. None, despite Iron Fist's rich mythos.
- Some uncomfortably racial undertones at some points.
- Worst of all...apparently lots of people find it just plain boring. That's probably the biggest crime from what I've seen.

- Also they used a blue color scheme for the intro and not a green one.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
As I manage to slowly squeeze out the rest of the content I can in Breath of the Wild, I find my hype slowly shifting in the direction of the Splatoon 2 testfire.

I've been playing BotW for hours and hours and hours and hours every day for two weeks now. It's been an incredible ride, and I still haven't decided I feel like taking on the final boss yet. I bought the DLC, I have one more article of clothing to get out of the Amiibo I have out, I've got some sidequests, clothing upgrades, and Korok . . ."Seeds" to go look up tips on how to pursue, I got some general shenanigans I can do if I want, even just taking my horse to a certain place and staring at it loving me or having it eat apples and carrots out of my hand is something I can pass a little time with.

But when you've played a game THAT long, you definitely start to also want something a little. . .fresh. Splatoon 2's Global Testfire seems like just the thing, Splatoon multiplayer is fast paced, it's colorful, it's fun. A nice loud, in your face Turf War is the perfect contrast to the quiet serenity of Zelda.

I just hope it plays well enough off of only two bars of internet connection. I suppose this is a good test to see if it'll work or if I need to find a way to bump the connection up or work around it. My speeds on doing stuff seem to vary depending on how my silly internet is feeling, but getting onto the eshop or downloading stuff at any time seems a whole lot faster than my 3DS even though my connection is weaker, LOL.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Here's a short list based on what I've read of the reviews:

- The fight choreography sucks. Iron Fist, of all things, should have good fight choreography. Consensus says it's awful.
- The writing is apparently atrocious.
- Many are saying they made Danny into a full on manchild.
- Little to no mysticism. None, despite Iron Fist's rich mythos.
- Some uncomfortably racial undertones at some points.
- Worst of all...apparently lots of people find it just plain boring. That's probably the biggest crime from what I've seen.

- Also they used a blue color scheme for the intro and not a green one.
What. The. Actual. ****. That's Barakapool level butchering right there

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Milo Murphey's law is an interesting show, it definitely builds on phineas and ferb in an interesting way such as this time travel agency.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Any explanation on these?
The former parts are listed extensively on the show's Reception section of its Wikipedia page.

I've been trying to stay spoiler free for the most part, but as for the race stuff, most of what I see basically says whereas Doctor Strange heavily toned down the "Mighty Whitey" tropes of the source material, Iron Fist...didn't.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so i started playing yugioh duel links this week (got convinced to try it out after being told it was good by 2 of my cousins)
and ive been enjoying it, it runs off of the speed game format (3 monster and 3 spell zones as oppsoed to 5, 20-30 card decks) and is only using clasic yugioh as a basesis right now (all the main duelists are from series 1) so nothing beyond ritual monsters are in

honestly i highly recomend it as a way to ease into yugioh as a whole theres a decent tutorial you get to choose between starting as yugi or kaiba, theres in voiced battle dialouge (which you can turn off) including my favorite new line in which i beat kiba as joey "hmm so this is what it feels like to be the worst duelist in the world"

but ya if you want to jump in do it asap the first 2 packs are rotateing out soon and they just gave out some free stuff(which you can get so long as you start before the 20th i belive) and the ingame currency for buying packs is pretty free flowing atm (with them having just released 500 games (read 10 packs) because of a new booster being released(part of the free stuff i mentioned)

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The former parts are listed extensively on the show's Reception section of its Wikipedia page.

I've been trying to stay spoiler free for the most part, but as for the race stuff, most of what I see basically says whereas Doctor Strange heavily toned down the "Mighty Whitey" tropes of the source material, Iron Fist...didn't.
Apparently there's a scene where he explains East Asian culture to an Eastern Asian person or something.
Also the actor said it's Trumps fault for reception

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Apparently there's a scene where he explains East Asian culture to an Eastern Asian person or something.
Also the actor said it's Trumps fault for reception
As someone who is more than happy to blame Trump for most things...

...how?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Back from hiatus again - and in that timespan,
A Distant Demon A Distant Demon created a new character speculation forum, and gameplay footage on the gorgeous looking Sonic Forces. And us making mini-memes from the name. A bit disappointed that Sonic Mania's getting a delay, but I can deal with it.

Anyways, that's all from me. Time to say hello to the character threads for the characters I supported and then get on with catching up on my University work.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
This is the second time I've seen someone on the internet struggle with a certain shrine quest that was actually pretty simple once I thought of something.

If you need to cast a snowball's shadow over something, roll it to a MODERATE size and then pick it up and hold it over your head at the correct position. SOOOOO much easier than what these people keep doing, LOL. They're suffering for nothing.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I know BotW is full of funny comic material, but the fact that despite not being able to own a Stalhorse and that it can't stay around during the day, you can not only still soothe it(which makes for a funny animation error in that Link is trying to pet the back of the neck, but there's no skin or mane to pet, leaving him petting the air), but the fact that it will actually feel for you still after soothing it a number of times....how would that not be comic material?

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
I just finished watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Part 3 on Crunchyroll and have seen the previous two parts.

I like the shows and the boat load of music references. Also, I liked the end credits to Part 1 & 2 being an old song and the end credits to the early Part 3 episodes. I am an old music fan and and liked those songs.

As for Part 4, time to watch those episodes.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Had to go to /r/squaredcircle for context. Then I went deeper than Brad Maddox to know more.

Whoa, what a New hilarious and interesting day for the sport. :yeahboi:
if you said what a dark day for the sport.I would've given you an emmy

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
gruesome glitches are good for figuring out what phobias you have

see: mlb 17 and trypophobia, not delving further into this conversation because it's genuinely disgusting

Last edited:
The one bad thing I can say about being a mod so far. Alerts have 0 meaning to me anymore when you get like 10 every 5 minutes.

. . .I actually thought the MLB glitches were fascinating.

I liked the gifs too. One looked like a face made out of bees.
Make me wonder how the **** that even happens as a 3D model
:061:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
The one bad thing I can say about being a mod so far. Alerts have 0 meaning to me anymore when you get like 10 every 5 minutes.

. . .I actually thought the MLB glitches were fascinating.

I liked the gifs too. One looked like a face made out of bees.
Make me wonder how the **** that even happens as a 3D model
:061:
THERE WERE GIFS?? DUDE I DON'T EVEN WANT TO IMAGINE THAT

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I think it's official...

After Link and Zelda themselves, Kass is my favourite character in this game!!

It was always a treat bumping into him while out in the wild...Those clever riddles he shares throughout the game were quite fun...except for the one with the blood moon...just sitting there....waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting...and waiting...relying on RNG is never fun....

I then met up with him at Rito Village after completing all of his ancient songs (was surprised that all those Rito Children were his, he's got quite the flock)...He shared one more song...It felt quite special actually, almost as if he's apart of this destiny but yet his part is now over and he's back home as a result...

And of course the lovely accordion music:happysheep:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think it's official...

It was always a treat bumping into him while out in the wild...Those clever riddles he shares throughout the game were quite fun...except for the one with the blood moon...just sitting there....waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting...and waiting...relying on RNG is never fun....

I then met up with him at Rito Village after completing all of his ancient songs (was surprised that all those Rito Children were his, he's got quite the flock)...He shared one more song...It felt quite special actually, almost as if he's apart of this destiny but yet his part is now over and he's back home as a result...

So I'm not the only one who thoroughly enjoyed the end result of that.

He says he has a family at Rito Village that he misses but can't go home to unless he shares his songs if you talk to him at the stable next to Rito Village before you've finished his quests, although that might not be enough to put it all together on it's own.

He can play that awesome song for you again any time, but only at night. During the day he's too busy playing music for his kids! I thought that was really adorable.

I thought the backstory about his teacher was interesting, too.

Actually ties into a really minor detail of something else.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I guess you can learn things about your favorite game after years

"The Tanooki Suit can be combined with the P-Wing"

I just got the tanooki suit while I was using the P-Wing and I still have infinite flight. Mario wiki confirms this

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Mass Effect Andromeda has some really high quality animation.

Seriously, how did you manage to screw up this badly?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think it's official...

Man this takes me back to my childhood in black and white 1930s Paris...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom