• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wait you mean me?

(Image removed for the sake of consistency and because it should not ever have been posted here)

That was a joke, holy hell Goldy. I wasn't being serious. Stop making assumptions because you're gonna make an donkey out of your self
Serious or not? Do not make suicide jokes here. They are unacceptable in every way. They're rude, beyond inappropriate, can set a lot of people who do feel suicidal and/or depressed over the edge, show a lack of common decency entirely, and for that matter, are about as immature as you can get. I can tolerate a few jokes on minorities/similar to that if all parties are okay with that kind of stuff, and for that matter, people generally apologize if they legit offended someone. The difference is that they're nowhere near as bad and there's a clear case of feel bad for saying something bad. Consider this your last and only verbal warning. Do not reply to this whatsoever, PM or or otherwise. I do expect some maturity here.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
She gives out Hone Atk 3. So if you already have her, you can have the benefit of giving another character Hone Atk 3.

Also, somebody get Koei Tecmo to take some inspiration from the FE Cipher card game for Alternate Costumes.

Seriously, those look awesome.
Opossum Opossum Since I know you're a fan of Chrom and believe you ought to see them.
What even is that bottom one? It looks awesome, but my mind is scrambling for context.

Is it from an. . . alternate universe where Chrom is the king of Plegia instead of being the prince of Ylisse and Falchion is a blade cursed by Grima instead of blessed by Naga?

. . .Was it a world where Chrom was viable as a vessel and used instead of Robin?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
....whatever.

This one's tough, though. Between Metal and Gamma, I have no idea who I'd really vote for.....

....between this and the one guy that alluded to killing himself if Shadow beat Blaze while clearly expressing her being a waifu for him, I'm starting to think the Blaze fanbase is worse than the reputation the Shadow fanbase gets. Which is sad because I happen to like both.
Dude. I LIKE Shadow. I jokingly said that because I didn't expect the second most popular character in the canon to lose

D

Deleted member

Serious or not? Do not make suicide jokes. They are unacceptable in every way. They're rude, beyond inappropriate, can set a lot of people who do feel suicidal and/or depressed over the edge, show a lack of common decency entirely, and for that matter, are about as immature as you can get. I can tolerate a few jokes on minorities/similar to that if all parties are okay with that kind of stuff, and for that matter, people generally apologize if they legit offended someone. The difference is that they're nowhere near as bad and there's a clear case of feel bad for saying something bad. Consider this your last and only verbal warning. Do not reply to this whatsoever, PM or or otherwise. I do expect some maturity here.
Going to defy you for a minute here, but you can't really threaten action for something that was posted on Twitter.

Not that your warning doesn't hold merit and it should be taken seriously, but still. Inappropriate as it may be, it's technically out of your jurisdiction if it's something from Twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivander

Smash Legend
What even is that bottom one? It looks awesome, but my mind is scrambling for context.

Is it from an. . . alternate universe where Chrom is the king of Plegia instead of being the prince of Ylisse and Falchion is a blade cursed by Grima instead of blessed by Naga?

. . .Was it a world where Chrom was viable as a vessel and used instead of Robin?
In the pack that it comes from, apparently the focus is on Genealogy of the Holy War and Alternate Timeline Awakening. I didn't notice the similarity of the crown to Gangrel's crown, so you might be on the ball. But considering it says "Risen King" and the fact that Chrom's eyes are red, I was thinking, "Is this what happened to Chrom after being struck down in the beginning and what he had been turned to in Lucina's timeline?"
Either way, I would pay good money to have a DLC for Awakening where you get to fight a Unique Risen form of Chrom in the other timeline.

Edit: Oh, I'll post where I got the images. It also contains other cool artworks of other characters, including Dark Knight Tharja and Bride Lissa(:love:).
http://imgur.com/a/Ve1aX

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
She gives out Hone Atk 3. So if you already have her, you can have the benefit of giving another character Hone Atk 3.

Also, somebody get Koei Tecmo to take some inspiration from the FE Cipher card game for Alternate Costumes.
Exalted Chrom

Risen King Chrom
Seriously, those look awesome.
Opossum Opossum Since I know you're a fan of Chrom and believe you ought to see them.

Chrom met his granddaughter and his mind broke.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Going to defy you for a minute here, but you can't really threaten action for something that was posted on Twitter.

Not that your warning doesn't hold merit and it should be taken seriously, but still. Inappropriate as it may be, it's technically out of your jurisdiction if it's something from Twitter.
Being he posted it on here, I actually can do something about it. But he's not allowed to spread drama from another site about it either. Point is to keep this kind of stuff off the board. A verbal warning to avoid it in the future was necessary.

What he says on twitter and doesn't post here obviously I can't do anything about. Unfortunately, he did post that here, and broke the rules doing so. Only reason I took action, to give him a verbal warning to keep it off the board. Will edit the message a bit to reflect that, so honestly, thank you for saying something. :)

Please do PM me next time. I'd honestly delete both these posts(and talk to you in PM) if I had more time, as that'd honestly help out a lot more. I can explain why later, but I'm just glad this is solved.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Being he posted it on here, I actually can do something about it. But he's not allowed to spread drama from another site about it either. Point is to keep this kind of stuff off the board. A verbal warning to avoid it in the future was necessary.

What he says on twitter and doesn't post here obviously I can't do anything about. Unfortunately, he did post that here, and broke the rules doing so. Only reason I took action, to give him a verbal warning to keep it off the board. Will edit the message a bit to reflect that, so honestly, thank you for saying something. :)
Ah, understandable.

Glad to be of assistance.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Game Informer article on Sonic Forces with more info:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/s...nic-forces-extended-gameplay-reveal-demo.aspx

-Sonic's friends talk to him via radio during a later point of the level we saw ("THAT LOOKS LIKE A HOMING SHOT"). The characters won't be playable though.
-2D sidescrolling sections will be in the Modern Sonic stages (I'm a bit eeeeh on this, as long as they are kept to no more than 20% of the stages then it's fine).
-Basic plot is that Eggman won and Sonic is trying to gather together a resistance group to oppose him. The effects of Eggman's victory can be seen throughout all of the stages.

And two screenshots:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/s...nic-forces-extended-gameplay-reveal-demo.aspx

-Sonic's friends talk to him via radio during a later point of the level we saw ("THAT LOOKS LIKE A HOMING SHOT"). The characters won't be playable though.
-2D sidescrolling sections will be in the Modern Sonic stages (I'm a bit eeeeh on this, as long as they are kept to no more than 20% of the stages then it's fine).
-Basic plot is that Eggman won and Sonic is trying to gather together a resistance group to oppose him. The effects of Eggman's victory can be seen throughout all of the stages.

And two screenshots:

Eggman finally wins? Yo...this game :p
But yes, I'm excited for it. With the updates being given concerning development, it seems like the development team is taking good care of making this game from what I've seen, which makes me feel optimistic.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

And two screenshots:

Eggman won, eh?

I'm incredibly excited for this now. I just like the whole "darkest timeline" concept in general. Definitely gonna buy this when I get a Switch.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Please do PM me next time. I'd honestly delete both these posts(and talk to you in PM) if I had more time, as that'd honestly help out a lot more. I can explain why later, but I'm just glad this is solved.
I don't want to start something, especially as you're a very strict mod imo, but technically Champ didn't start it, so if anything, shouldn't both parties be warned as Golden was referring to Champ's tweet?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

And two screenshots:

Interesting, I'm getting a lot of World's Collide/Unite vibes here both from the plot summary and world design. I hope this means we get loads upon loads of Mike Pollock. I'm officially more hyped for this than Super Mario Odyssey.

I saw plenty of people of NeoGAF freaking out about another potential "dark" Sonic game but I really don't see that happening with this from has been shown so far. The giant robots looks like giant Egg Pawns after all.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Interesting, I'm getting a lot of World's Collide/Unite vibes here both from the plot summary and world design. I hope this means we get loads upon loads of Mike Pollock. I'm officially more hyped for this than Super Mario Odyssey.

I saw plenty of people of NeoGAF freaking out about another potential "dark" Sonic game but I really don't see that happening with this from has been shown so far. The giant robots looks like giant Egg Pawns after all.
Worlds Collide? The third character is Mega Man! Capcom DOES care :D

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

calling it now the third gameplay style is SatAM sonic

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The key thing for me with the plot is that they don't go too overboard with trying to make it too dark. A pet peeve of mine in these kind of franchises is going too overboard with "villain pandering" and making the villains better than everyone else all of a sudden, while the heroes are suddenly weak or something. Have a logical and compelling reason as to how Eggman won, but still have him be Eggman. He should still be a bombastic villain who is goofy and a bit in over his head. I think it'd be pretty funny to have scenes where, after he's won, he's like "well...now what I do?", have Orbot and Cubot bounce off that, etc. At the same time, we need to see him be competent enough to where we can believe that he won, most likely out of out-strategising Sonic.

I'm pretty neutral on the plot since we barely know anything, and most importantly, we don't know who's writing it. But in terms of the aesthetic tone, it's on point, for sure. It's darker but still distinctly Sonic.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The key thing for me with the plot is that they don't go too overboard with trying to make it too dark. A pet peeve of mine in these kind of franchises is going too overboard with "villain pandering" and making the villains better than everyone else all of a sudden, while the heroes are suddenly weak or something. Have a logical and compelling reason as to how Eggman won, but still have him be Eggman. He should still be a bombastic villain who is goofy and a bit in over his head. I think it'd be pretty funny to have scenes where, after he's won, he's like "well...now what I do?", have Orbot and Cubot bounce off that, etc. At the same time, we need to see him be competent enough to where we can believe that he won, most likely out of out-strategising Sonic.

I'm pretty neutral on the plot since we barely know anything, and most importantly, we don't know who's writing it. But in terms of the aesthetic tone, it's on point, for sure. It's darker but still distinctly Sonic.
I don't think it'll be overly dark or outright bleak, the footage show the game is still pretty colourful, and it's likely going to be a CD like thing imo, going back in time to fix the future

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Sega finally released the direct feed of the footage from yesterday.
The game still looks beautiful and crisp. Not getting it on PC, but I'm curious to see how this game looks at full specs.

The games still looks fun as hell, but I'm not a fan of all those boost pads that shouldn't be there (granted, that's been a problem for a while). I'm still hoping the game's level design opens up later on.

Really looking forward to see what they've done with Classic's gameplay and whatever the third component is.

And two screenshots:

Hopefully Sonic's friends will do something storywise, instead of being cheerleaders.
Not a fan of Modern having 2D sections, feels redundant with Classic in there. Hopefully it's kept to a minimum.
I'm rather interested in the story of this game. Hopefully Pontac and Graff aren't involved, maybe Ian Flynn?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The writing for Eggman in particular just needs to be on the level it was in Lost World.
That's Eggman at his best.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Tbh I think SEGA knows their audience now. Someone on GAF also mentioned why the Boost games are criticized for 'hold down X' all the time. In speedruns, you only see them go really fast, but someone familiar with the game sees all the jumps, quick steps, etc that you need to do to keep going fast. This is imo the perfect 2D to 3D transition for the franchise, speed isn't too hard to get, but knowing tricks and the level design well enough reward you with more speed

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Gritting my teeth because GameMaker is ass tier and programming movement is unnecessarily difficult. :mad:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There have been rumours lately of LEGO Dimensions being cancelled after Year 2 is finished, but the LEGO Twitter claims this is not the case.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
There have been rumours lately of LEGO Dimensions being cancelled after Year 2 is finished, but the LEGO Twitter claims this is not the case.

Hm, I'm personally not going to take this as a sign that the game isn't cancelled.

They're not going to casually admit the game is canceled on Twitter.

If it was a big PR statement from Traveler's Tales, I'd be more inclined to believe it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just got done making two support threads in the Speculation section. I forgot how much fun that was. :p

D

Deleted member

Taking a look at the Smash Switch Speculation section of the forum and man, I can't wait for when it's confirmed so this site can go back to the good ol' speculation days.
Even more if it meant we'd get a new Leaks group.
Maybe this time we'll not make the same mistakes again.

Also, lol, Zebei makes typos even when he's modding

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Gritting my teeth because GameMaker is *** tier and programming movement is unnecessarily difficult. :mad:
I never had much difficulty in programming movement, personally. The most trouble I had was in trying to deliberately prevent diagonal movement, which was a little awkward but no big deal. Easiest to pretty much ignore the drag-and-drop stuff and key-press events, and just use code in the step event, I find. If you look up Shaun Spalding's channel on YouTube, he has lots of tutorial videos that you might find helpful (if you haven't already found them, of course).
(Even if you're not doing a platformer, it's not too hard to adapt this code to top-down movement or whatever.)

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Metal Sonic is pretty popular, so I've expected him to win. Omega didn't do to bad either, being a memorable mender of Team Dark and G.U.N. Poor Emerl and Gamma though.

This next Sonic poll is all about Sonic's greatest villains (but the ones that aren't supermassive gods). Your choices are Eggman (@Blue_Sword_Edge and @GoldenYuiitusin), Zavok, Mephiles, and Chaos (Mostly his Zero form). This one might be a massive stomp because of the good doctor, but hey. This would still be interesting.

I hope this movie I'm seeing is remotely good.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I never had much difficulty in programming movement, personally. The most trouble I had was in trying to deliberately prevent diagonal movement, which was a little awkward but no big deal. Easiest to pretty much ignore the drag-and-drop stuff and key-press events, and just use code in the step event, I find. If you look up Shaun Spalding's channel on YouTube, he has lots of tutorial videos that you might find helpful (if you haven't already found them, of course).
(Even if you're not doing a platformer, it's not too hard to adapt this code to top-down movement or whatever.)
I'm not using block coding; I figured out long ago it was inferior to straight code.

I ended up figuring out the source of my woes on my own and with tutorials (one of my animations had a blank frame, which caused the player character to clip through solid objects, so I cut the frame) and now movement is functional.

Thank you anyways!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Metal Sonic is pretty popular, so I've expected him to win. Omega didn't do to bad either, being a memorable mender of Team Dark and G.U.N. Poor Emerl and Gamma though.

This next Sonic poll is all about Sonic's greatest villains (but the ones that aren't supermassive gods). Your choices are Eggman (@Blue_Sword_Edge and @GoldenYuiitusin), Zavok, Mephiles, and Chaos (Mostly his Zero form). This one might be a massive stomp because of the good doctor, but hey. This would still be interesting.

Eggman is pretty much going to steam roll everyone because we all know he's the best Sonic villain.

Chaos is decent, being from Sonic Adventure. Mephiles will definitely be unpopular thanks to Sonic 06. As for Zavok, people agree that him and the Deadly Six were the weakest part of Lost World.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I just checked the character support forum.
>No John Cena for Smash thread.

Absolutely disappointed.

Inb4 you can't see the thread.

MainJPW

M.T.A

Almost chose Chaos 0 over Eggman, his moveset from Battle would be interesting to see in a Smash game. Plenty of moves from SA1, 2 and Battle to work with.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Looks like Nintendo of Japan was really happy with the success of Breath of the Wild, so they released two special wallpapers to thank the Zelda fans. There's a laptop and a smartphone version for each wallpaper.

The first is an image that we have already seen. It's BotW Link interacting with the very first Link.

Laptop version is the one the left, and the smartphone version is on the right.
The second wallpaper is completely new BotW official art. It features new artwork of Link standing with the four Champions.

Laptop version is the one the left, and the smartphone version is on the right.
Revali and Urbosa look awesome here.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
*Gets on Twitter*
*34 Notifications*

Holy crap!

Anywho, good news on Nintendy doubling on Switches. Hopefully I can get one now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom