• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Repost from the Switch thread:
Nintendo upping Switch production from 8 to 16 mil this FY. Best of luck to them, they must have higher expectations after this launch.
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1353192

It'd be kind of funny and kind of sad if the Switch surpasses the Wii U in its first year on the market.
Mostly just funny
Someone was talking about how the initial design of the human alien hybrid in Alien Resurrection was too bizarrely sexual

Well DUH, it's all based on the work of HR Giger.

EVERYTHING would have looked like a twisted fusion of human sex and mechanical parts if he had his full way with the movie
Aren't all the designs really sexual?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Man, I love the Translator's Notes in the BSD scanlations

But this chapter, holy ****
Everyone: "No one ever knew Natsume Soseki's Ability, some theorise that it was the strongest of all Abilities..."
Natsume:

Classic Sonic X Dreamcast Sonic is worst ship confirmed
Wait, who'd be Jenna? Because Classic Sonic X Shadow would be best ship in that universe

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
OK, possibly new favourite joke about the title.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Just got around to listenting to the Sonic Forces theme.

I suddenly have a strong feeling like we're definitely getting Dreamcast Sonic.

Combined with something else I saw, I think the plot might be that the timeline got ripped up REALLY bad and started melting together instead of being thrown into a void. For something I'm speculating that's not backed up by anything, I also think Eggman might have either gone to or been a version of from the future in order to have the time to amass an army of that nature without interference.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Holy ****
I just found out you get charged 100s of dollars if you get taken to the hospital by ambulance in America. That's ****ing theft
reminder that everything about American healthcare is bad and will only further drip into the drain for the sake of "competitive pricing"

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The little theory I alluded to yesterday was this (getting impatient for the Direct Feed footage).

At the end of the footage, Sonic jumps off some springs out of the city roads, and then we see this view. While there is still some city streets below that he lands on, most of the environment here actually appears to be very natural, rather than urban. More importantly, the green hills we see look like...well, Green Hill Zone. At the very least, the green hills have a very cartoony aesthetic, in contrast to the realism of the city.

I can't tell if it's actually Green Hill Zone with a city on top of it, since the footage is too blurry to make out a checkerboard pattern even if they were there. But at the very least, this leads me to believe that "Sonic's world" (the cartoony green hills) and "Earth" (the realistic city) might be fusing together in some way.

For the uninitiated, as part of the internal "Sonic bible" at SEGA, it's been said that the reason Sonic jumps between cartoony and realistic environments between games is because the Sonic game universe is split into two worlds - "Sonic's world" and "Earth". The games with more cartoony locations (the classic games, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Lost World) are Sonic's world, and the games with more realistic locations (Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Unleashed) are set on Earth (Earth is also where all of the humans are, they don't exist on Sonic's world besides Eggman). There is supposed to be a gateway that connects the two worlds as well, but we've never seen it addressed in a game. Maybe they're finally addressing it in-game though.

It's obviously just speculation right now based on one very small piece of evidence from blurry footage, but this could also help explain Classic Sonic being in the game too.

Tagging @Swampasaur because he asked me about this.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
So I signed in to Heroes and randomly got a free 4* F!Corrin. Huh.

Now the question is should I merge her with the one I had already or use her for skill fodder...
Merging anything below 5* is a waste, assuming you ever intend to promote in somewhere down the line. I'd suggest extracting skills.

The more I think about it, the more excited I am about inheritance. Building teams around buffs when I get Tharja in 2026 has just exploded in possibilities since I can arrange Hone, Spur, Fortify skills and -blade+ tomes to the characters I like. And then I think about the -wolf+ weapons, -raven+, and then Naga, Excalibur--effective/advantage caster themed teams. Also making a team full of Killer weapons with Moonbow specials would be fun too.

Can't wait until the time comes for me to summon again, now I won't sigh whenever I get "Literally who?" 95% of the time. I've even been doing the special maps now, which I had been ignoring from the start.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Everyone's hyped about Sonic happenings and I'm still playing Breath of the Wild...

Still need to find the remaining 18 shrines, I only have 1 incomplete shrine sidequest on my quest log that I still need to do over at Rito Village, at least out of the ones I found probably still plenty of others I haven't gotten from people yet...the slightly less than 700 remaining koroks can stay in their little holes for all I care...

Will pay Kass's little hut a visit again to see if there's any more of those 'ancient songs' I missed...I did complete a few of them randomly while exploring...

Also want to thoroughly explore Hyrule Castle before making my final push...

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It's safe to say this last Sonic poll was close. Both Blaze and Shadow were neck the neck the whole time, but the Fire Princess of the Sol Dimension won this found. I can hear Champ Gold Champ Gold crying in the distance. Shadow was behind by two votes, so he didn't do too bad. But both Silver and Jet flopped hard.

Now we are doing the memorable and strong robots of the series. We're not talking about weak Badniks, but powerful machines that either fight for themselves or serve Eggman. Your choices are Metal Sonic, Gamma (E-102), Omega (E-123), and Sonic Battle Emerl. This might be too one-sided, but we'll see how it goes.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's safe to say this last Sonic poll was close. Both Blaze and Shadow were neck the neck the whole time, but the Fire Princess of the Sol Dimension won this found. I can hear Champ Gold Champ Gold crying in the distance. Shadow was behind by two votes, so he didn't do too bad. But both Silver and Jet flopped hard.

Now we are doing the memorable and strong robots of the series. We're not talking about weak Badniks, but powerful machines that either fight for themselves or serve Eggman. Your choices are Metal Sonic, Gamma (E-102), Omega (E-123), and Sonic Battle Emerl. This might be too one-sided, but we'll see how it goes.

FLAT
CAT
BEST
SUPPORTING CAST
EAT
A
GUN
SHADOW

D

Deleted member

....whatever.

This one's tough, though. Between Metal and Gamma, I have no idea who I'd really vote for.....
FLAT
CAT
BEST
SUPPORTING CAST
EAT
A
GUN
SHADOW
....between this and the one guy that alluded to killing himself if Shadow beat Blaze while clearly expressing her being a waifu for him, I'm starting to think the Blaze fanbase is worse than the reputation the Shadow fanbase gets. Which is sad because I happen to like both.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know, I know it's never gonna solve it because no one will be happy with everything or even anything at all whatsoever.

But if SEGA really threw Classic, Dreamcast, and Modern all into the same game, that'd at least be the closest they could try to simultaneously appease the three largest factions of the swirling mass of angry chaos that is the Sonic fandom. I mean, it'd probably just end up pleasing no one, but I couldn't fault them in the slightest for trying to just give everyone what they want at once in order to get them to pipe down if that's what happened.

And of course, having Dreamcast Sonic in there could . . .hypothetically. . .give them a base to work on that Sonic Adventure, uh, 5 they've been being hounded about by the fandom if that's what they wanted to try. They definitely wouldn't want to just leap into that after the Adventure formula's last usage backfired so bad that over a decade later people STILL won't let it go, but at the same time they're getting demand for it blasted into their faces like a hurricane, so if they went for an Adventure playstyle that would be a pretty good toe dipping to see what needs to be tweaked or not.

. . .To be honest I'd like the Adventure formula to be given another shot myself, if a little less distracted by other playstyles. Only played the first one a few years back, but I actually really enjoyed it despite the lack of nostalgia goggles. I'd be very happy if they managed to properly pull off a game like that again.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
User was warned for this post
....whatever.

This one's tough, though. Between Metal and Gamma, I have no idea who I'd really vote for.....

....between this and the one guy that alluded to killing himself if Shadow beat Blaze while clearly expressing her being a waifu for him, I'm starting to think the Blaze fanbase is worse than the reputation the Shadow fanbase gets. Which is sad because I happen to like both.
Wait you mean me?

Mod edit: Inappropriate image removed.

That was a joke, holy hell Goldy. I wasn't being serious. Stop making assumptions because you're gonna make an donkey out of your self

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
God the game looks beautiful.

And it seems I might be on to something after all.

Trees look very similar to the trees from Sonic's world in Lost World.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Wait you mean me?

That was a joke, holy hell Goldy. I wasn't being serious. Stop making assumptions because you're gonna make an donkey out of your self
Considering what "Sonic's *redacted* Friends (TM)" get from people in general and the flak Shadow gets in particular with the Ow The Edge meme, I can't really blame him for having a Poe's Law situation.

Never mind the ridiculous stuff people say about Sonic as a whole that's dead serious. Liking Modern Sonic games exposes you to witnessing the wrong end of enough bile that it'll. . .alter you a bit. You either flinch at the first sign you're going through another round of hell or just get utterly callous and incapable of enjoying anything. I'd say I'm in the former group myself.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So I signed in to Heroes and randomly got a free 4* F!Corrin. Huh.

Now the question is should I merge her with the one I had already or use her for skill fodder...
She gives out Hone Atk 3. So if you already have her, you can have the benefit of giving another character Hone Atk 3.

Also, somebody get Koei Tecmo to take some inspiration from the FE Cipher card game for Alternate Costumes for Fire Emblem Warriors.
Exalted Chrom

Risen King Chrom
Seriously, those look awesome.
Opossum Opossum Since I know you're a fan of Chrom and believe you ought to see them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

She gives out Hone Atk 3. So if you already have her, you can have the benefit of giving another character Hone Atk 3.

Also, somebody get Koei Tecmo to take some inspiration from the FE Cipher card game for Alternate Costumes.
Exalted Chrom

Risen King Chrom
Seriously, those look awesome.
Opossum Opossum Since I know you're a fan of Chrom and believe you ought to see them.
Holy ****, that's an edge to surpass all edges
It's on a whole other level of edginess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom