• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
missed it. whats i sound like
Like the Sonic Runners soundtrack but more intense.

Also vocal tracks are back apparently.

Dreamcast Sonic is only modern Sonic in design, and there's still differences. Gameplay wise it's still really different. That said, as much as I wish they'd include Dreamcast Sonic gameplay, I'm sure they'll use Boom. I just hope it's not a beat em up.
SEGA and Sonic Team consider them one in the same. The "boost formula" itself is an evolution of the Adventure formula too.

Can't go around Word of God on it.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That stream is a riot. What's a bigger riot is Knuckles giving Tails a run for his money. So @Knuckles the Knuckles wins this first Sonic poll. Poor Amy, even Classic Sonic has more fans than her. : laugh:

Now this next one will be Sonic's rivals, anti-heroes or even close allies that respect him. These characters are Silver the Hedgehog, Blaze the Cat, Jet the Hawk, and Shadow the Hedgehog (Obligatory @GoldenYuiitusin tag).

There was a problem fetching the tweet

We'll see who's the coolest or even the ultimate rival for Sonic.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It'd be cool if for each piece of dlc for Breath of the Wild they add a new armour set and atleast 10 new weapons to the game(preferably axes).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That stream is a riot. What's a bigger riot is Knuckles giving Tails a run for his money. So @Knuckles the Knuckles wins this first Sonic poll. Poor Amy, even Classic Sonic has more fans than her. : laugh:

Now this next one will be Sonic's rivals, anti-heroes or even close allies that respect him. These characters are Silver the Hedgehog, Blaze the Cat, Jet the Hawk, and Shadow the Hedgehog (Obligatory @GoldenYuiitusin tag).

Why's the best option not listed?

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Why's the best option not listed?
Because I'm grouping him with the robots (Emerl, Gamma, and Omega).

But that's ok, I'll always view Metal as the best rival Sonic ever had.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
THEY PLAYED A CLEAN VERSION OF THE SONIC FORCES THEME IN THE TWITCH CHAT

It sounds like an anime opening.

And it's the instrumental verison of it, and vocals are confirmed!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
From a visual standpoint, Sonic Forces looks beautiful. Ratchet and Clank (2016) gave me a decent idea on what a next gen Sonic game could look like. Can't wait to see it more clearly.

The gameplay looks crisp and fun, I'm a tad concerned about that third gameplay component though, I just want to know what it is. I don't mind them going back to the boost formula, after Lost World it makes since they would go back to something that most people love. The level design looks a little linear, but I'll assume it will open up as the game goes along.

The music that we heard is phenomenal, but this is Sonic of course.

Overall I'm very pleased with what I'm seeing. Just show me that third gameplay component and (hopefully) all my worries will go away.

D

Deleted member

Wanted to respond to Champ Gold, but I thought better of it.

If he's willing to tie the noose over the idea of (in his own words) "ITTY BITTY KITTY *******" losing to Shadow in a goddamn popularity poll, he's got issues that I want no involvement with.

Chrono.

I can see the point here. I, too, am wary of the 3rd style, plus I'm not big on the Classic style coming back. We'll see how it goes.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Finding the shrine in that pitch-black area was harder than navigating the Lost Woods imo. Took me a while to realize the trick for the former.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just a reminder.

Third gameplay style =/= new character.

Could simply be special stages, or some other component of the game. Maybe an open-world hub world aspect.

Chrono.

Just a reminder.

Could simply be special stages, or some other component of the game. Maybe an open-world hub world aspect.
I want to agree, but I also feel like they wouldn't have emphasized it if that were the case.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It could also be something small like the Tails Tornado mini-game in HD Unleashed.

Reviews often called that a "third gameplay style".

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
There's an official Sonic stream tonight, right?
Yes. But I would just look up the sonic official YouTube for new infi becuz the stream ended.....
Also the whole stream is on Tails channel
EDIT:Sorry for my bad Grammar I type fast

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Just a reminder.

The way they emphasized it makes me feel like it's something major.

Still, I'm pretty sure my concerns will fade away the moment I see that third gameplay style.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm going to make a bold prediction: Sonic Forces isn't gonna be good. It's going to be another major catastrophe just like the Boom games two and a half years ago.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Someone noted something.

They put a pretty big emphasis on the game being split between Sonic and Eggman's "factions".

What if that means there is playable Eggman/Villians as the third gameplay style?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm going to make a bold prediction: Sonic Forces is going to be another major catastrophe just like the Boom games two and a half years ago.
I'm going to make a bold prediction myself.

You're going to insist it does even when it gets glowing reviews from both fans and critics, because Sonic can't be good in your eyes for some strange reason.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Sony are still going ahead with the stand-alone Venom film that has nothing to do with the MCU

5th October next year for a trainwreck folks.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I'm going to make a bold prediction: Sonic Forces is going to be another major catastrophe just like the Boom games two and a half years ago.
It's terrible that Forces is in the same situation as Boom. Being forced to be ported to a console that can't handle the game's engine.

Oh wait.
Someone noted something.

They put a pretty big emphasis on the game being split between Sonic and Eggman's "factions".

What if that means there is playable Eggman/Villians as the third gameplay style?
I'd be down for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom