• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Good morning. I'd figure I'd run here since Giygas is freaking everywhere after his victory (Scary son of a *****). Now we are doing polls on classic, yet forgotten Nintendo characters. The first set of characters are Urban Champion, Bubbles, Excitebiker, and Ballooon Fighter. Characters like Lip, Takamaru, and Tamagon (Or the Devil) will be taken cared of later.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Vote while I prepare for another delicious date with my bean sprout loving cutie.
Dark Samus!

oh...not that retro...

D

Deleted member

I just watched IHE's review of "Who Killed Captain Alex"

An individual in Uganda wanted to start making his own movies and created his own studio. It's extremely low budget. But really, it's kind of better than what you'd expect from people who have no experience making movies.

And he had a point in the end "For those that want to make movies but think you can't, these people barely have water or electricity and they created their own studio. What's stopping you?"
You forgot to mention one of the highlights of Who Killed Captain Alex.

Last edited by a moderator:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Anyone else watching Digimon Adventure tri's fourth part?
Just finished watching it. Random Thoughts:

It was nice to see Sora get some needed focus, though I think they could have done a bit more with it. I can understand Biyomon being wary after Sora stepped on her, but having her be angry/stern felt like the wrong emotion was being used. To the director's credit, I enjoyed the quiet unspoken scenes. I dread having to listen to Biyomon's new dub voice come release.

It's nice to finally get some exposition regarding the bad guy's plot, as well as tying things into the Season 1 cliffhanger of them not being the first DigiDestined. That said I'm getting the feeling that there will be a lot of plotholes come Part 6...

Gennai holy ****. Granted he's not very interesting and his dialogue is corny (subs?), but **** that scene with Sora was really out of place and random. Still not sure why he disguised himself as Ken...Kind of bummed the Dark Masters didn't have speaking roles.

Yggdrasil being used as the main villain I have mixed feelings towards. On the one hand it's been done before, but one the other I think it could help add to the mythos of the Adventure series/bring Adventure up to speed with other Digimon series. Doesn't look like Season 2's many plotholes will be solved here.

Season 2 Characters when? How could the main cast just forget they exist? For each movie they're not mentioned the more peeved I get and feel the ending will be rushed...

Six minutes of nothing but Digvolving. It's nice they gave Tentomon some love after Part 3's ending, but Patamon's final form kind of came out of nowhere in that it had no build up.

Looks like Part 5 has confirmed Meicoomon and Gatomon's Megas. Ophanimon Falldown Mode is a major surprise considering promotional hints leaned towards Magnadramon.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Wait, what? Who said anything about me going on a date when this is a family dinner? You just want to go because it's a free meal. In that case, you can pay for yourself like a responsible adult.

That aside, I went with Baloon Fighter. No one's going to remember Urban Champian (Probably going to tag @smashkirby and Wario Bros. Wario Bros. since they are fans). Wonder who else you will pit Taka and Mach against.
You make it seem like I'm a cheapskate. Of course I'm planning on buying my own food. What makes you think that? Do you know how to take a joke?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Decided to change my avatar in light of Pokemon day coming up this Monday.

What better way to commemorate it by going with an avatar of the man, the myth, the legend himself!

------

I forgot to post this about a week back, but here was my last summoning:

Definitely not one of my best. I already have a 4-star Stahl, and I have two Silver star Pegasus Nights already: one of which has become a part of my main team (a.k.a. Subaki). Tiki was my only good pull here, and I have started to train her recently. Sure, I have 5-star Young Tiki already, but older Tiki's advantage is that her attack can deal damage even from my two spaces away during a counter-attack. 3-star Female Corrin is pretty much obsolete with the two Tikis I have, and I got yet another Nino.

I guess this is why I waited so long to post this: because it wasn't my best summon.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Most of you can't. Y'all stingy as **** if I'm to be honest.
hey hey

yeah you right, we like free food. Reminds me of the Anime in my icon. She wanted to go to a mixer and said "even if it doesnt go good, the men pay for the meal" lol
If it makes you feel better, just go for it! Nothing bad about that!
There. is the pokemon ones and the story of seasons ones that ive been eyeing

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Was the Pokemon Direct fake or not? I can't see it on the Nintendo of America Twitter anymore.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Was the Pokemon Direct fake or not? I can't see it on the Nintendo of America Twitter anymore.
It was a tweet from last year you dippy
hey hey

yeah you right, we like free food. Reminds me of the Anime in my icon. She wanted to go to a mixer and said "even if it doesnt go good, the men pay for the meal" lol

There. is the pokemon ones and the story of seasons ones that ive been eyeing
What IS your avi anyway?

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Most of you can't. Y'all stingy as **** if I'm to be honest.
>Stingy.
Seems about right, I guess most people here resemble this thing.

>Y'all
IMG_2485.JPG

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It was a tweet from last year you dippy
Of course it was an overhyped retweet for the misinformed.

Pokemon might as well be a pipe dream since Game Freak has little plans for a new game.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Good morning. I'd figure I'd run here since Giygas is freaking everywhere after his victory (Scary son of a *****). Now we are doing polls on classic, yet forgotten Nintendo characters. The first set of characters are Urban Champion, Bubbles, Excitebiker, and Ballooon Fighter. Characters like Lip, Takamaru, and Tamagon (Or the Devil) will be taken cared of later.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Vote while I prepare for another delicious date with my bean sprout loving cutie.
Balloon Fighter has been my most wanted for more than a decade now. GIMME GIMME! (I'll even take Flash 2 or Crusade adding him at this point).

I would vote for Urban Champion too if i I could've done two.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Welp, I finally listened the new Linkin Park song.

>Curls into a ball hugging Hybrid Theory and Meteora albums.
>Defense goes up one stage.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Hard to believe we're less than a week away from the release of the Switch (though it's likely I'm not getting it at launch).

I know it's not a launch title but I'd really like some news on ARMS soon.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well Mother's Basement made a video on if Avatar is an anime and all I said was enjoy the rage from 4chan and Reddit

Chrono.

It was nice to see Sora get some needed focus, though I think they could have done a bit more with it. I can understand Biyomon being wary after Sora stepped on her, but having her be angry/stern felt like the wrong emotion was being used. To the director's credit, I enjoyed the quiet unspoken scenes. I dread having to listen to Biyomon's new dub voice come release.

It's nice to finally get some exposition regarding the bad guy's plot, as well as tying things into the Season 1 cliffhanger of them not being the first DigiDestined. That said I'm getting the feeling that there will be a lot of plotholes come Part 6...

Gennai holy ****. Granted he's not very interesting and his dialogue is corny (subs?), but **** that scene with Sora was really out of place and random. Still not sure why he disguised himself as Ken...Kind of bummed the Dark Masters didn't have speaking roles.

Yggdrasil being used as the main villain I have mixed feelings towards. On the one hand it's been done before, but one the other I think it could help add to the mythos of the Adventure series/bring Adventure up to speed with other Digimon series. Doesn't look like Season 2's many plotholes will be solved here.

Season 2 Characters when? How could the main cast just forget they exist? For each movie they're not mentioned the more peeved I get and feel the ending will be rushed...

Six minutes of nothing but Digvolving. It's nice they gave Tentomon some love after Part 3's ending, but Patamon's final form kind of came out of nowhere in that it had no build up.

Looks like Part 5 has confirmed Meicoomon and Gatomon's Megas. Ophanimon Falldown Mode is a major surprise considering promotional hints leaned towards Magnadramon.
Not watching Tri yet but I hope Meicoomon has a better Mega than Ultimate.

Meicrackmon's fur boobs are really off putting.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
2009 me was mad because we got a bunch of blue aliens instead of some sick airbending.

Then the plot twist came in 2010.

D

Deleted member

The thing is that in the perspective of westerners "anime" is more so of a general idea of certain characteristicstropes rather than anything specific.Though to me I still just define it as Japanese or east Asian animation just to keep things simple.

But luckily, I'm not a weeb, so I don't have to worry about any of this. :p

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
In the end it's just more cartoons. Getting into heated debates about it is silly.

That said, I personally subscribe to "anime is a style" and not just purely in the visuals department, but in how everything is put together.

Haven't watched much of Avatar or Korra, but what I did, I personally would lean it closer to anime.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Well Mother's Basement made a video on if Avatar is an anime and all I said was enjoy the rage from 4chan and Reddit
It wasn't animated in Japan and the Japanese (from what I recall) hates Avatar for personal reasons.

There's your answer.

D

Deleted member

In the end it's just more cartoons. Getting into heated debates about it is silly.

That said, I personally subscribe to "anime is a style" and not just purely in the visuals department, but in how everything is put together.

Haven't watched much of Avatar or Korra, but what I did, I personally would lean it closer to anime.
Yeah, I would at least say that Avatar is anime style/inspired.

Though I've watched Basement's video and I have no idea why he consider SU an anime. The style is definitely western, even if it's a pretty recent style.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Champ Gold Champ Gold @Zebei Mythra Mythra Ura Ura @IceBreakerXY

lol Some Wrestlemania 33 "leak" happened. I call bull**** but gotta admit I'd love this card.

It is most likely BS. Taker/Roman is already very much set in stone and i'll eat a shoe if KO somehow miraculously gets out of Fastlane with the Uni title.

But that aside, i'd be super hyped for a card like this. The Crusierweights should defiantly have the ladder match spot on this year's card and the Wyatt triple threat should be THE main event, not Goldberg/Brock.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
It wasn't animated in Japan and the Japanese (from what I recall) hates Avatar for personal reasons.

There's your answer.
That just seems like a silly reason though. GI Joe and Transformers were animated in Japan and I don't see anyone clamoring to call those anime.

There's also plenty of anime that's actually animated outside of Japan, such as being animated in China or Korea.

The argument that it "has to be from Japan" really doesn't add up once you really look into things.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

-Yeah, I can't say I'm a fan of Yggdrasil's addition here either. Granted we still don't know too much about its role here, but considering the Adventure world did have some elements that they haven't explored yet like the Dark Ocean and Original Digidestined (the latter of which they do get to, but eh), I think its addition was unnecessary since you have a lot more things you could do for the story that doesn't evolve dipping into an overused villain. If they're doing something unique with its story though then I think I can get behind it, though I'll admit I have some skepticism around that.

-The Dark Masters thing was also disappointing, particularly since what made Machinedramon so memorable to me in the original season was that he was a clever tactician. He didn't play around when dealing with the kids, he plotted and planned to get them into a corner and then was completely ready to destroy them right then and there. Here? He's just rampaging like a random MotW and gets demolished by the three Megas.

As for Part 5, I love the poster. I'm not sure how I feel about Meicoomon's Mega Evolution yet, but I've always liked Ophanimon Falldown Mode and I'm glad to see it get some love in the movie (especially since it seems Kari isn't in the best of moods based on that poster). As for her Mega, I've heard that there are some inconsistencies with the merchandise vs. what happens in the movies proper, so it could just be that the movies decided to go a different route and are using Ophanimon (which would fit since like Vikemon, it took over as Gatomon's Mega since it's debut), or they're just have the purified form be Magnadramon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom