• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Champ Gold Champ Gold A Distant Demon A Distant Demon @Mandala Ura Ura @IceBreakerXY

lol Some Wrestlemania 33 "leak" happened. I call bull**** but gotta admit I'd love this card.

I would love it if that last match is legit and it has Luke Harper walking out as Champion. I would mark just for that.

Heh, reminds me how I pissed off everyone in a room
"I hate that live action Avatar movie, it sucked!"
Me: At least it's accurate to the source material then
I'm good at this
And this is why you never get what you want. Karma for having bad opinions

It wasn't animated in Japan and the Japanese (from what I recall) hates Avatar for personal reasons.

There's your answer.
Yeah but he also has that argument down with saying they count actual Chinese Anime as legit anime

I just define Avatar and Xiaolin Showdown (another Japanese-styled western cartoon) as fake anime.
XS ain't anime and that's just straight due to that it has more western influences than anime aside from facial reaction images.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That just seems like a silly reason though. GI Joe and Transformers were animated in Japan and I don't see anyone clamoring to call those anime.

There's also plenty of anime that's actually animated outside of Japan, such as being animated in China or Korea.

The argument that it "has to be from Japan" really doesn't add up once you really look into things.
You got me there, they were made at a time when people didn't know anime exists or it just wasn't popular.

I may be no fan of Boondocks, but I guess we can call that an anime going off that logic.

Either way, I think the whole video is pointless.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Naruto apparently has entire episodes animated outside of Japan and I'm sure none of you would have noticed.

Meanwhile you look at the GI Joe movie which was animated totally in Japan, and can you really say that looks like an anime?

If it looks and feels like an anime, it's an anime.

If it feels influenced by an anime, it's anime influenced.

If it doesn't look or feel like an anime, then it's not anime.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
How to trigger a Steven Universe fan: Call it an anime.

You will get **** on if you say that and I made that mistake once.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You got me there, they were made at a time when people didn't know anime exists or it just wasn't popular.

I may be no fan of Boondocks, but I guess we can call that an anime going off that logic.

Either way, I think the whole video is pointless.
hm? you dont like boodocks? I dont really care if you do or dont but Im curious?? Is it all the N words being thrown around pff

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It is most likely BS. Taker/Roman is already very much set in stone and i'll eat a shoe if KO somehow miraculously gets out of Fastlane with the Uni title.

But that aside, i'd be super hyped for a card like this. The Crusierweights should defiantly have the ladder match spot on this year's card and the Wyatt triple threat should be THE main event, not Goldberg/Brock.
Vince has a mind for changing things a lot last minute. He's been known for that for years and even certain bookings for WM.

There was a rumor that Shane vs Taker only happened because Sting and Cena failed their physical especially the latter who was sort of cleared around April but didn't come back until June where he was 100%.

That said it's fake because there's no way you can set up a way where Kevin escapes with the Universal Title at VROOM VROOM without keeping Goldberg strong.

Also this is setting up a heel turn that was much deserved in a certain wrestler

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
How to trigger a Steven Universe fan: Call it an anime.

You will get **** on if you say that and I made that mistake once.
Steven Universe takes a lot of pop cultural references from anime and got a few episodes animated by Japanese animators (Like Studio Trigger).

But it's no way an anime since it feels more like a grounded American cartoon. Not even your average Japanese anime would push for the themes that Steven Universe handles.

hm? you dont like boodocks? I dont really care if you do or dont but Im curious??
I's not that I hate Boondocks, I just never really watched it because I fear the culture doesn't appeal to me.

I will think of giving it a shot one day.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's not that I hate Boondocks, I just never really watched it because I fear the culture doesn't appeal to me.

Trust me, you don't need to be black to get the humor of the Boondocks.

Plenty of white classmates I knew watch the show as well. It's one of Adult Swim's best animated comedies next to Robot Chicken and Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

That's like saying you need to be black to enjoy The Proud Family.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I's not that I hate Boondocks, I just never really watched it because I fear the culture doesn't appeal to me.

bahh I wouldnt worry about that. Its good fun for everyone regadless of what culture you are. unless you see eveything in the show as black culture and just dont get anything at all And in that case, what?

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just find the perfect image to resume the Resident Evil franchise in a nutshell.
God bless Spongebob.

D

Deleted member

I just find the perfect image to resume the Resident Evil franchise in a nutshell.
God bless Spongebob.
God bless spongebob indeed. :p

Edit: Except if this was updated, it'd be Bomberman.

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Thanks alot for the suggestions Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo and Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan , I'll definitely start giving Boondocks a watch tonight, Marathoning it is the least I can do after dinner just got cancelled for reasons. I can't wait to give it a try.

In other news, Balloon Fighter (Party hard Wario Bros. Wario Bros. ) wins with a small tie between Bubbles and Excitebiker (Congrats @smashkirby). The next Smash pollwill be a real deal breaker since a lot of wanted retros are grouped together. These characters are Takamaru, Lip, Mach Rider, and Devil.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Now if you all excuse me, I'll be off to enjoy many episodes for a day.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Man, the voice of Bomberman in DreamMix TV: World Fighters is downright annoying.

At least he (and the other Bomberman Brothers) sound good in Super Bomberman R.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

In other words, when you push something over, it falls down.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Vince has a mind for changing things a lot last minute. He's been known for that for years and even certain bookings for WM.

There was a rumor that Shane vs Taker only happened because Sting and Cena failed their physical especially the latter who was sort of cleared around April but didn't come back until June where he was 100%.

That said it's fake because there's no way you can set up a way where Kevin escapes with the Universal Title at VROOM VROOM without keeping Goldberg strong.

Also this is setting up a heel turn that was much deserved in a certain wrestler
I honestly doubt he's changing his mind with that. Once he has something booked for Roman he ain't changing his mind. Case in point; the past two years.

Also what heel turn are you talking about?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Why I am convinced Sonic Mania will be amazing
"But Gwen, what's so special about that?"
It means they took the time to put extra detail on it, AKA, they're checking the minor things as well as the major things during development

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
If only I had the chance to pre-order the Switch... I wasn't really considering it back then because I wanted to wait on some more games (notably Smash, but Kirby and Pokemon as well, although the latter seems less likely as time goes on). However, BOTW is looking to be the first Zelda game in my history as a gamer that I actually want to play, so there's that bit of inspiration for wanting the Switch. Does anyone know when it may go back up anytime soon for a pre-order or purchase, if at all? I have a one week break coming up in the middle of March (or as many like to call it including me, Spring Break), which would be the perfect opportunity to try the Switch out and also participate in the Splatoon 2 Global Testfire if I manage to have the Switch by then. At the moment, that would be the only way for me to actually get the Switch, as I don't think I can buy it physically right now until Spring Break comes up. Then again, would it even be available in stores around that time?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If only I had the chance to pre-order the Switch... I wasn't really considering it back then because I wanted to wait on some more games (notably Smash, but Kirby and Pokemon as well, although the latter seems less likely as time goes on). However, BOTW is looking to be the first Zelda game in my history as a gamer that I actually want to play, so there's that bit of inspiration for wanting the Switch. Does anyone know when it may go back up anytime soon for a pre-order or purchase, if at all? I have a one week break coming up in the middle of March (or as many like to call it including me, Spring Break), which would be the perfect opportunity to try the Switch out and also participate in the Splatoon 2 Global Testfire if I manage to have the Switch by then. At the moment, that would be the only way for me to actually get the Switch, as I don't think I can buy it physically right now until Spring Break comes up. Then again, would it even be available in stores around that time?
They'd definitely have it as I remember reports that Nintendo is planning on sending extra shipments after a few weeks. I'd say if you want it close to launch but didn't pre order, wait about a week

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
They'd definitely have it as I remember reports that Nintendo is planning on sending extra shipments after a few weeks. I'd say if you want it close to launch but didn't pre order, wait about a week
Do you mean waiting about a week after the Switch launches before I should get it? I was thinking about most likely pre-ordering it off Amazon if it becomes available.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom