• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just watched IHE's review of "Who Killed Captain Alex"

An individual in Uganda wanted to start making his own movies and created his own studio. It's extremely low budget. But really, it's kind of better than what you'd expect from people who have no experience making movies.

And he had a point in the end "For those that want to make movies but think you can't, these people barely have water or electricity and they created their own studio. What's stopping you?"

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I don't really like the idea of marriage, but I might end up doing it; I can't really say until I fall in love with someone who I'm dating I guess.

I don't want kids and I doubt that will change. The only way I can see myself having a kid is through adoption, just so I can help a child in need. Though I'd probably adopt like a 4 year old, I really don't want the stress of raising a baby.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Do Catholics really look up to the pope or think he speaks the word of God?

As someone that grew up in a protestant family, that's kind of weird

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Remember the old cliche of the people who don't want kids but end up having them and loving them in the end?

Think we got a lot of those.

Not saying you should have kids if you don't want to, but I see just a bit too much "lol I don't wanna kid"

I can guarantee you most of you will through birth or adoption.

Do Catholics really look up to the pope or think he speaks the word of God?

As someone that grew up in a protestant family, that's kind of weird
Not the way you're phrasing it.

The Pope is holy in that he is close to God as he dedicates his life to prayer and good deeds.

Basically, he's a leader and is a super nice guy (in theory) so that's why his word means so much.

Most Catholics I know don't think of the Pope as a position God directly talks to.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Remember the old cliche of the people who don't want kids but end up having them and loving them in the end?

Think we got a lot of those.

Not saying you should have kids if you don't want to, but I see just a bit too much "lol I don't wanna kid"

I can guarantee you most of you will through birth or adoption.

Not the way you're phrasing it.

The Pope is holy in that he is close to God as he dedicates his life to prayer and good deeds.

Basically, he's a leader and is a super nice guy (in theory) so that's why his word means so much.

Most Catholics I know don't think of the Pope as a position God directly talks to.
Kid's are just too much stress. I'll just get a dog. Dog's are like kids minus most of the stress.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The simple solution is to get a kid and a dog.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
This discussion made me realise, I'm at about the average sort of age at which people would start to consider the idea of getting married and having children, but nobody ever mentions the idea to me at all. I wonder if that means anything.

Not that I'm too bothered about it, though. I see myself having to move around a lot, ideally to another country, for work or whatever, and getting married and having children would just be too restrictive for a lot of the things I want to do (plus I honestly don't consider Ireland as it is right now a great place to raise children). I suppose having children would be nice, and I am good with children, but it's not something in my plans at the moment. Plus I really don't care for the concept of marriage at all, or any of the traditions or other baggage that goes with it, so I doubt it's something I would ever really consider. I don't even particularly care about the idea of having a relationship with anyone; I just have other priorities in my life.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Entering a long-term relationship would definitely be a worthwhile experience, but I'm not sure for myself if I'm ready to get to that stage in my life right now. It's a possible thing I might think of in my life, but I've no plans for it. Being a father would be a definite life-changing experience, that's for sure.

Shifting gears from something that's completely out of the cards for me, the past week saw me start up The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD for the first time since I got it for the 30th anniversary in preparation for Breath of the Wild and so far I'm up to the penultimate dungeon. 11 years have passed since I got this game on the Wii, and I've sunk about 30-50 hours over into this game; tomorrow will see me bringing this saga to a conclusion, and I might make up a write-up about my thoughts for TP. Two last non-child raising thoughts:
1: City in the Sky was ridiculous
2: I can't wait to see how Breath of the Wild refreshes the traditions of the Zelda franchise, and even break new ones out front the mould. I'm very excited for it.

And with that, time to head over to Overwatch for a little while before going to bed.

D

Deleted member

I wish Twitter has the same function as Facebook which remembers you your best moments you had several years ago.

(Can't find the original source of this drawing, sorry.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Edge put their BotW review out early.

Perfect 10. Other 10s for games this generation are Bayonetta 2 and Bloodborne.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I decided a while ago, I was never going to be married or have kids.

I don't have a single reason to do either of them, but instead, plenty of reasons not to.

I'd rather live life free from any women. I also don't think I could ever feel true love for any woman, regardless of who they are. And I plan to do lots of traveling, meaning any relationship I was in would be almost completely long distance.

My parents really want me to get married and have kids, though. I'm trying to avoid talking to them about it for as long as possible to avoid conflict.

Last edited:

Chrono.

What do you mean by "Pulling a Freedom Planet?"
I don't really know the story of that game's development aside from being inspired by Sonic.

edit: Actually, if I had to guess, do you mean they may turn it into it's own thing that's simply inspired by Mother? iirc, Freedom Planet did start out as a Sonic fan game.
Yeah basically, FP started out as a Sonic fan game but after a long while the devs decided to turn it into it's own thing while still being heavily influenced by Sonic.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was watching a children's show and the main character helped the lunch lady take "perfectly good food" from the lunch room that was supposed to be thrown out from regulations and instead donated it to a food drive.

Then when the lunch lady got fired for doing so, the kid started a protest with the other students

I don't think this show realizes why food has regulations such as that and why that is a perfectly valid reason for termination.

When I worked in a department store, our policy on refrigerated food, for example, was that if any customer didn't want a frozen or refrigerated food item, it had to be disposed of. The exact policy was that any item left out for 30 minutes couldn't be put back in the refrigerator or freezer and to assume any item that has been in a customer's cart has been out for more than 30 minutes.

Now taking the food that was supposed to be thrown out and donating it, especially against the will of the school, puts the school in a position of liability.

What if someone eats that food and gets sick? It was passed the date the school was supposed to have the item. The person has a valid case to sue them. And people are VERY willing to sue. They'll sue for anything. Even if they can't necessarily win the case, a lot of places don't want their name tarnished and will just settle out of court and the person will get something.

The lunch lady should have been fired because she:
1) Stole from the school. Even if it's from the trash.
2) Set up the school in a position of liability against their will.

The children's show is teaching kid's bad things

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Married? Kids?

Sure, why not! It's not incredibly attractive right now, but who knows where I'll be in a few years.

Plus, the more people to share Professor Layton, Beethoven, and my other favorites with.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Xenoblade. The Shulk amiibo exists, yes, but figures of the rest of the party would be nice, too.
I want an official Riki plushie… there was a Xenoblade special book in Japan that shows you how to make a Riki plushie though.

And it seems that CNET wants to make themselves to look stupid with this video when it comes to Nintendo Switch's kickstand.
You can see that the person is aggressively pushing the Switch, and I wonder if there is a time that you have to touch the Switch console with a Joy Con...

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Going off of the thumbnail....Arlo is dead, poor guy couldn't even last until launch...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Uhh
Don't get me wrong, you're allowed to do that if you want
but don't you have a girlfriend? As in, you two can't get each other pregnant?
go goggle invetro, you dont know much about girls as you think you do
But nontheless, these tubes are out or order

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The only child Im taking care of now is my Rabbit, who has the temper of a child. I just dont have to wake up at 6 am to get her ready for school and she is on my time

Yeah but it sometimes taste like a rotten egg
My sister has two bunnies, black one called Mana and other one with while and some brown fur called Popo, I remember Popo was born from another female Rabbit that is my sister's friend who stayed in our house. Popo was one of the four, other were named Kirby, Nana, and Ice. Those three were later given away, and right now Kirby and Nana sadly passed away, not sure how is Ice.
I want to be in a relationship with someone, but I don't really care about getting married, or having kids or whatever.

Looking at my parents and other families, things like marriage and children are just too limiting for my tastes. I already have a thousand things I want to do, I don't want to do anything that'll severely limit them. I'd sooner ride life solo than do that.
And trying to raise a family can be tough, my parents aren't fooling around when raising me, my two brothers, two sisters, and my grandma. My dad actually does hope I can get out of the family some day and start a family, with my recent skills and momentum, I don't think that's possible for now.
And having to wake up in the morning for your god damn kids is annoying

I like having time to myself to not bend to a kids every whim
In that case, I can hardly imagine how my parents feel when taking care 5 of us...
She's a bit too formal and pedantic I guess, but I like her.

My favourite character right now is Tiz. Edea and Ringabel are a great comedy duo.
Me still Edea for the win.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
My sister has two bunnies, black one called Mana and other one with while and some brown fur called Popo, I remember Popo was born from another female Rabbit that is my sister's friend who stayed in our house. Popo was one of the four, other were named Kirby, Nana, and Ice. Those three were later given away, and right now Kirby and Nana sadly passed away, not sure how is Ice.
Im sensing a theme here lol. what kinda rabbits were they? Mines a lions mane rabbit. you should see her when she roars, I mean yawns
In that case, I can hardly imagine how my parents feel when taking care 5 of us...
I can imagine very tired. At least she aint octomom now that is the definition of tired

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh, people were discussing relationships?
Personally, I can kinda see myself in a relationship, but right now, I'm not really interested.
Having kids though? While I'm only 16 and it could potentially change, I will never, ever have kids. Part of this comes from my sheer hatred towards them.
I usually don't discuss this topic with anyone but my parents, and even then, I prefer not to.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm kind of at a loss right now...

I finished Tropical Freeze and kind of lost interest in trying to find all the secret levels and relics and such...
Xenoblade Chronicles is nothing but sidequests, now that I completed the story...

I kind of want to play another game, but the Switch will be released in less than a Week so there's kind of no point in starting anything new...

Maybe I'll go back to playing ALttP...still haven't gotten around to finishing that game yet, I wasn't stuck or anything I just stopped playing, so now it's just sitting on my backlog...
Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll beat it before Friday...I think I'm at the sixth dungeon? If I remember correctly...

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Im sensing a theme here lol. what kinda rabbits were they? Mines a lions mane rabbit. you should see her when she roars, I mean yawns

I can imagine very tired. At least she aint octomom now that is the definition of tired
I really don't know…
I only pic when they were young
P_20150804_112409.jpg

You see Ice behind almost fell off the bed.
P_20150804_112325.jpg

I miss them when they were just little bunnies…
And I saw that you have some tough issues recently, I really hope you can get through. Life can sure be really really tough. Hope those bunny pics will make you feel better.

D

Deleted member

On the topic of marriage and children:
I'd love to marry in the future, though that's still far away to me.
As for children, for the moment I don't plan on having any but if I ever do I'd just adopt a kid.
Why bring another soul into this miserable world when you can save one that's already suffering?
Oh yeah, that reminds me that even though I'm having genetic kids, me and my bab are still going to adopt children too. That's something I was always going to do though, even if I ended up single.

Who the hell is he?
He does look pretty cool tho
Haha, you called a guy in a dress cool. Also, his name is Testament, he's from Guilty Gear.

(That reminds me, if I end up doing a wedding with just my BF and I, I'd like to wear a dress.)

"I can't believe my stepdad is my katana" is going to be Anime of the Year and sweep the awards like Yuri on Ice did, just you wait and watch

Should have been the better Gen 2 aka Lugia
But will it have any traps?

And nah, Ho-oh is more fab.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I really don't know…
I only pic when they were young
View attachment 126493
You see Ice behind almost fell off the bed.
View attachment 126494
I miss them when they were just little bunnies…
And I saw that you have some tough issues recently, I really hope you can get through. Life can sure be really really tough. Hope those bunny pics will make you feel better.
Imma find them and steal them and take care of them and never give them back

And thanks, im trying to ask my sister if she wants me to stay the night and she said I didnt have to but I feel bad if I dont

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Imma find them and steal them and take care of them and never give them back

And thanks, im trying to ask my sister if she wants me to stay the night and she said I didnt have to but I feel bad if I dont
Isn't this how a plot to a **** movie/anime/game starts out.

Abducting kids and easing them as your own

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Should I respect my sister when she says I dont have to stay over at the hospital overnight for her? Should I stay over anyway? Or should I just do the normal visits in the evening unless she askes me to stay over?

Im really tempted to get her to call her doctor and I will talk to him asking whybis it taking so long, why is she still in the hospital, why cant she leave yet

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Good morning. I'd figure I'd run here since Giygas is freaking everywhere after his victory (Scary son of a *****). Now we are doing polls on classic, yet forgotten Nintendo characters. The first set of characters are Urban Champion, Bubbles, Excitebiker, and Ballooon Fighter. Characters like Lip, Takamaru, and Tamagon (Or the Devil) will be taken cared of later.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Vote while I prepare for another delicious date with my bean sprout loving cutie.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Good morning. I'd figure I'd run here since Giygas is freaking everywhere after his victory (Scary son of a *****). Now we are doing polls on classic, yet forgotten Nintendo characters. The first set of characters are Urban Champion, Bubbles, Excitebiker, and Ballooon Fighter. Characters like Lip, Takamaru, and Tamagon (Or the Devil) will be taken cared of later.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Vote while I prepare for another delicious date with my bean sprout loving cutie.
Wait, what? Who said anything about me going on a date when this is a family dinner? You just want to go because it's a free meal. In that case, you can pay for yourself like a responsible adult.

That aside, I went with Baloon Fighter. No one's going to remember Urban Champian (Probably going to tag @smashkirby and @Wario Bros. since they are fans). Wonder who else you will pit Taka and Mach against.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom