• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Truly a majestic creature.

Well, what do you mean by "work"? I need specifics. :p
My first thought seeing this is, why is there a duck (Ducklett) sitting on a power line?...

I'm one of those people...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Now I want to see them pull off Ho-Oh in a Pokken port. That could be a neat addition.
My first thought seeing this is, why is there a duck (Ducklett) sitting on a power line?...

I'm one of those people...
By that logic, they'd all be in for a bad experience.

But Birds can rest on power lines without triggering electricity so it makes sense. That's where the originally bird short that this image is based on, got the idea from to begin with.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mostly thinking in terms of close range attacks. Because I can see it using it beak and all, but aside from that, it could have some similarities to Charizard, given it's relative size, typing and abilities. Though it'd have a different Down-B for sure.
I actually see Ho-Oh being more of a Flying type than Charizard is.
By which I mean actually use wind-based moves alongside fire attacks (which surprisingly, Ho-Oh doesn't learn that many of) that are given sort of a mystical phoenix flair.

As for close range/physical attacks, wings, beak, talons, and maybe the tail if needed.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Now I want to see them pull off Ho-Oh in a Pokken port. That could be a neat addition.

By that logic, they'd all be in for a bad experience.

But Birds can rest on power lines without triggering electricity so it makes sense. That's where the originally bird short that this image is based on, got the idea from to begin with.
Ducks don't perch like other birds...

These feet are not built to grip branches or power lines...

That's why that thought came to me...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Never thought I'd ever read that sentence in my life. I mean, for real, why? Modern technology is a terrifying and magical thing.

But again, why?
Not only that, it was a mario themed wedding. I mean, good on them for doing what they enjoy, but why stream it on the internet?

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I actually see Ho-Oh being more of a Flying type than Charizard is.
By which I mean actually use wind-based moves alongside fire attacks (which surprisingly, Ho-Oh doesn't learn that many of) that are given sort of a mystical phoenix flair.

As for close range/physical attacks, wings, beak, talons, and maybe the tail if needed.
Fair enough. Maybe Gust could be a projectile. Hurricane could work like the charged Storm Tornado, granted it'd be saved for a KO Punch/Limit styled move. Sacred Fire would be a Final Smash. Maybe Overheat could be a special move too.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
He streamed his wedding on twitch.
Oh, streamers doing that is weird to me. It just doesn't feel right imo.

Weddings should be a family thing, not a bunch of fans and people you don't know watching it.

it's to odd imo.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I understand what you've been going through Pumpkaboo, and I want to see your sister make a full recovery from all this, I really do; she's gone through so much.

Out of curiosity, are you able to go back tomorrow or on Sunday and stay with her? I'm sure she'd like that a whole lot. If you were busy with something that prevented you from staying with her today, that would make sense. Regardless, you have a right to feel stressed/pissed/annoyed from this based off everything that has happened these past couple of weeks, but I'm sure many, including me, would not want you to feel like this forever; I don't think that would be healthy in general. We'll be here for you until your sister feels better; which includes examples like me and Coricus Coricus .

I hope this was helpful for you; I am doing my best to offer advice.
I could probably stay with her saturday night but I have class monday. Ive been hiding my stress but I cant take it anymore. ive been dealing with this for 4 weeks

im at my limit. Im literaly tearing my hair out. I cant take it

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not only that, it was a mario themed wedding. I mean, good on them for doing what they enjoy, but why stream it on the internet?
You...you didn't have to embed it. I would have believed you.

Though to be fair, you are right that they should feel free to do what they want with their lives. That's fine. I just don't get how people can be so willing to share such would be intimate moments with strangers over the internet.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I could probably stay with her saturday night but I have class monday. Ive been hiding my stress but I cant take it anymore. ive been dealing with this for 4 weeks

im at my limit

I would stay with her tomorrow night then; I am positive she will favor that. Still, I understand you've been trying to keep your stress under control while also trying to handle your classes at the same time, which makes me hope that she will be better very soon. Again, we're here for you if you need us, Pumpkaboo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hm.. I didn't realize how much marketing Ho-Oh was getting lately. It's odd he's the cover of a TCG pack for Sun and Moon. Maybe it relates to the movie. Which I hope CoroCoro gives us details on soon, like maybe next month.

As for Smash, Ho-Oh is pretty big so I don't him working, especially with how he's a bird.

But if it did work, playing as Ho-Oh could be pretty sweet. It's one of my favorite legends and could do some cool stuff. He'll probably stay a Pokeball summon though.
Actually, he stopped being a summon in Smash 4.
Instead, he makes an occasional appearance in the Fire chamber for the Kalos League stage.

And it's funny that you mention the size, since being a 12 foot turkey/peacock/phoenix would have normally made me not even think about it, but....

....in Melee and Brawl, Ho-Oh has been portrayed kinda smaller than usual as a summon.

D

Deleted member

Too bad, someone's got feel my feels. :p

Though to be fair, you are right that they should feel free to do what they want with their lives. That's fine. I just don't get how people can be so willing to share such would be intimate moments with strangers over the internet.
He probably has a different mind set being internet famous. BUT, I don't know any other one that has done this... Of course celebrities do it through TV and such, but it's the most boring thing to watch, ever.

Bleh, I don't even want to have a wedding, I already know that most people will just be awkward around me. I want to have a really small and personal one, with not much of a budget. Both me and my bab would rather use that money on better things anyway.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I would stay with her tomorrow night then; I am positive she will favor that. Still, I understand you've been trying to keep your stress under control while also trying to handle your classes at the same time, which makes me hope that she will be better very soon. Again, we're here for you if you need us, Pumpkaboo.
I just dont know what to do. I dont. Im going to end up dead br
before she gets better. I cant take it anymore

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Some people just want the world to know about their feelings for each other.

Honestly, it might actually be a good idea. On QI, a study was mentioned where the researchers found that the more people that go to a wedding, the more succussful the marriage will be. Sure viewers aren't physically there but it would be interesting to see if people watching the wedding has just as much impact as people going.

Also the study found that the cheaper a wedding is, the more likely a marriage is to succeed. So you want a cheap wedding with lots of people. Assuming viewers are just as impactful, this could be a cheap way to get lots of people and have a wedding that leads to lots of happiness.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I want to get married eventually. Same for kids.

I just don't want that happening for a long while.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So, apparently Snipperclips has a single player mode...and actually has likely more depth than I initially thought...

I might actually get the game then if that's the case...It'll likely be the only way I'll bother playing with the single Joy-con as well...

So that'll be at least two titles I'm getting at launch then...

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I just dont know what to do. I dont. Im going to end up dead br
before she gets better. I cant take it anymore

Please don't think of things like that, Pumpkaboo. I again understand your situation heavily, but it would be better to try and not have negative thoughts; it only adds to your stress level and I do not wish to see you stressed any further from all this. :(

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I'm the opposite. I only want to be married so I can have kids. I have no interest in the actual relationship itself.

A thing where you're bound to someone else in a position where they can take your money and make you miserable.
I don't think it's wise to get married just for children. It's not like you need to get married to have children anyways.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Please don't think of things like that, Pumpkaboo. I again understand your situation heavily, but it would be better to try and not have negative thoughts; it only adds to your stress level and I do not wish to see you stressed any further from all this. :(
but these past weeks has been nothing but negitive **** form this damn thing. Everyday I ask my sister if they will let her go, she says no but she is fine, next day she gets sick again and has to stay for a whole nother week.

I cant take it, I cant take it. If this goes an any more I dont know what Im going to do to myself

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
but these past weeks has been nothing but negitive **** form this damn thing. Everyday I ask my sister if they will let her go, she says no but she is fine, next day she gets sick again and has to stay for a whole nother week.

I cant take it, I cant take it. If this goes an any more I dont know what Im going to do to myself
Pumpkaboo. I. . .I would be disraught if anything happened to you.

Call a prevention hotline. Something.

Maybe buy a tub of ice cream and your favorite candy. Do something that makes you feel better. And if you think that'll ruin what you like, then just do something different than usual to try to take your mind off things even a little.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Do you have anyone you can just take a walk with?

That will help you feel better.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually, he stopped being a summon in Smash 4.
Instead, he makes an occasional appearance in the Fire chamber for the Kalos League stage.

And it's funny that you mention the size, since being a 12 foot turkey/peacock/phoenix would have normally made me not even think about it, but....

....in Melee and Brawl, Ho-Oh has been portrayed kinda smaller than usual as a summon.
Oh yeah that's right. I forgot he was just a stage hazard now.

And true he is smaller in those. It's an interesting idea as I said.

Chrono.

New Mother 4 news soon.
Got a feeling they're pulling a Freedom Planet here, which would be ideal.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
New Mother 4 news soon.
Oh look! It's my favourite game! Hiatus 4!
Man, I love those kind of media. Along with Berserk Boat and Hiatus X Hiatus.:yeahboi:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Wasn't Mother 4 supposed to come out last year?
Pretty sure it was supposed to come out 2015.

Honestly though, with the amount of quality they seem to be putting into it, and with how small the team probably is, I don't mind at all.
New Mother 4 news soon.
What do you mean by "Pulling a Freedom Planet?"
I don't really know the story of that game's development aside from being inspired by Sonic.

edit: Actually, if I had to guess, do you mean they may turn it into it's own thing that's simply inspired by Mother? iirc, Freedom Planet did start out as a Sonic fan game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

On the topic of marriage and children:
I'd love to marry in the future, though that's still far away to me.
As for children, for the moment I don't plan on having any but if I ever do I'd just adopt a kid.
Why bring another soul into this miserable world when you can save one that's already suffering?
@Shishœ Aaaaaaah, ****. I guess your right, there really was a better scythe character I almost forgot about.
I'm totally not biased on this. Clearly no taste of mine comes into play into play here. Nope, none at all. Not even close, clearly I've never expressed my taste ever before. Nope.

Then again, Skeletons are still pretty awesome, so hmmmm...

Exactly my point, even though I've never played a Zelda game in my life.
Who the hell is he?
He does look pretty cool tho
@Aussie the Shinobi
@Shishœ
(Also, sorry for tagging you again even though you haven't even been online to see the first tag yet.)

Oooooh, okay, I see why the episode is regarded as so now, at least from what my little bro showed me. Ronaldo has some fancy katana and says it's a replica of an anime one.

Dammit, I knew I should've called that Bloodstone was Garfield.
"I can't believe my stepdad is my katana" is going to be Anime of the Year and sweep the awards like Yuri on Ice did, just you wait and watch
Gaiz, gaiz, gaiz.

What if......we didn't get a Gen 7 Pokémon in Smash?

What if....instead of the birb that people flock to, we get a different birb?

One that's starring in a the upcoming movie and is getting marketed lately?

How would you all react?
Should have been the better Gen 2 aka Lugia

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Marriage is something I would not discard in the future. But kids is a big nope.avi, as I don't know how to dad.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

i mean people have proposed in public so really this isnt anything new just a the next logical step

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
as I don't know how to dad.
I never really got this excuse.

I mean no one really knows how to mom or dad until they mom or dad.

Not even teachers or children's workers. They are very different relationships.

It's one of those things you just gotta take the plunge for.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I never really got this excuse.

I mean no one really knows how to mom or dad until they mom or dad.

Not even teachers or children's workers. They are very different relationships.

It's one of those things you just gotta take the plunge for.
I actually meant being a god of bad jokes and puns, but I get what you are talking about. :v

Still, vasectomy is my destiny :4metaknight:

Marriage + kids discussion?

I personally would like to get married at some point (not for a long while though).

As for kids, I don't really want to have any, but I might change my mind in the future.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mother 4 would probably be better off making it it's own thing than making a "Mother 4"

Nintendo wouldn't stand for it being released if they've shown anything of the past

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
They should do anything but a Mythological creature/cryptid RPG.

Cause that's our idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom