• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I would argue with you more about Cariot being anything but a bad character, but it's not worth it anymore Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan . I've got better things to do like getting this final Pokémon poll out of the way.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Sun (Male Seventh Gen Trainer), Lusamine ( Kurri ★ Kurri ★ ), Koga, and Lysandre (@Erureido) are your choices. This will be the last I'll ever do of Pokemon since there are countless other Smash series to cover (like F-Zero and Mother for tomorrow). Let's end this thing with a bang. You all have been a good audience. Thank you all so much for the participation.
Gotta vote for the toned-down Pokemon Ragyo I've been giving you suggestions for.
Lysandre's godly mane of flame red hair does take a good second place though.
>Makes a positive post about LWA
>No one cares
>Kurri makes a negative post about Dragon Maid
>Everyone comments on it
So, I guess this means negativity and dragon boobs win over positivity and cute witches, even of you can't see the boobs
post-school and senior play nap, dinner, and math tutoring prevented me from seeing this. I'm sure that Akko, Sucy, or Lotte could relate.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Beaten Ratchet and Clank (2002), a pretty decent game, but I can tell there's quite a bit of what I like to call "first game jankiness", still, I had a good time. The humor was good, but nothing to write home about, Ratchet was a jerk, but he got better near the end.

I'm looking forward to playing the sequels, but I not getting to Ratchet and Clank 2 just yet. Next up I'm playing Beyond Good and Evil.
Glad to know I'm not the only one who says "first game jank". That's like one of my favorite terms for whatever reason.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Jasper will not get redeemed until a Crystal Gem gets corrupterinos, prompting Steven to further develop his healing power.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Jasper will not get redeemed until a Crystal Gem gets corrupterinos, prompting Steven to further develop his healing power.
That be interesting, but i doubt it would happen. Even if it did, Jasper's an *** and would likely never join them.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can't figure out how to change the frame rate in Photoshop CC 2017

Edit: Still can't, but...

Flower-Animate2.gif

I made an animate

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Now that I really think about it, I don't think I've ever known this much about a console than what I do about the Switch....Even those that have been out for years like the Gamecube and PS2...as great as they were back in the day I never gave two ****s about specs and such...It's not like I'm really going out of my way to learn all the ins and outs of the system either, a lot of this information is just thrown out there in the open...

I think it's just how the community has changed their outlook on video game consoles in general, possibly because a lot of gamers who couldn't give two ****s back in the day are now older and spending their own dollars on the games they are playing instead of loading up their x-mas lists with every new release during the holidays...
Nowadays people pick apart every little thing and say 'see this very insignificant piece of plastic? That's bad! It means the system will have no games and only sell 389 1/2 units on it's second day of launch' exaggerations aside but it seems too many people are taking every little detail way out of proportion and that every single thing has to be absolutely perfect in order for the system to even do slightly well on the market...as opposed to taking in everything for what it is and what it does...And too much time comparing the console to others on the market when there really isn't any comparison...The Switch clearly isn't made to be a power box like the PS4 and XB1, and it offers something the others don't...

The whole console wars thing was always pretty silly to me to begin with...Exclusives should always be the deciding factor when choosing consoles if you're not willing to shell out the extra change for everything available on the market...I pick Nintendo because of it's exclusives and as an aside I usually get a Playstation console to grab other games not available on a Nintendo console (although the PS4 is the first home console from Sony I haven't gotten yet cuz of my current finances)...While Xbox only offers a few exclusives I'm interested in, not enough to buy the system...

I think my overall point is...people tend to want too much out of their systems these days...Sometimes it really is as simple as asking yourself...

"Does it have games I'm interested in and does it run them well?" If yes then nothing more really needs to be said...

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If you sit down and think about it, Garfield is probably the edgiest character ever
>Hates Mondays
>Is eats and sleeps a lot
>Is rude and anti social
>Arrogant
>Gets into fights and beats Odie
>Wears black
>Poorly groomed
>Orange, probably due to cheeto dust
>Poorly groomed
>Would probably own a katana if he could
>Probably argues that traps aren't gay, the **** just makes it better
That's my Garfield. The Kind of the Sunday Funnies is never boring.

Oh, and if Blood Raven's taken?

Get creative with your descriptions.
Ow the Edge.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Is that Darumaka Rowlett doll in the actual episode? I need it if so.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

Heads up to everyone in here. Start changing those passwords.
Well, I immediately changed my Uber and Reddit passwords, so I'm all good now. But this has apparently been going on for months now? And just to clarify, this is from a verified source, right?

EDIT: Nvm, I looked at them myself. Seems credible to me.

Good grief with Crunchyroll, though...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think I use any of those services. I don't even know what half of them are

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
"Is there a way to fix Sonic, guys?"
"Turn him into Hipster indie platformer #165 and make his design simple and worst"

Ain't like Mania doesn't exist and have a foundation on saving the blue guy

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So here's my scheme...

1. Wake up next week an hour early.

2. Drive to Walmart and hope they have extra Switches.

3. Go to school and think about my Switch that I own or missed.

tmp_2528-4JyoCi8542488543.gif

"Mission Start"

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"Turn him into Hipster indie platformer #165 and make his design simple and worst"

What if we take Sonic...

And make him not Sonic?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Apparently I wrote a comment on that video 8 months ago

And I still agree with my point. Remove the gloves and his body just blends together into a big blue blob of a mess.

Also, lol. Yeah, totally "Hipster Indie Platformer #165"

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, I remember this being disused here before at some point. Not much for me to say other than what everyone else has already said. It's pretty much let's not make Sonic Sonic, and just make him like every other hip indie platform character.

Though I have to say, the sonic he made reminds me of that one fan made project(Sonic Dreams Collection) with Sonic feeding worms to eggman. In fact, that Sonic looks way too bird like when it looks around and moves. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
What if we take Sonic...

And make him not Sonic?
I think the problem is that people try to make him into like some tri-fusion of Mario, Nathan Drake and Finn the Human.

Plus taking Sonic and putting him in a puzzle platformer is probably the worst idea I've heard in a while. Metroidvania maybe but not a puzzle platforms where it's the anti thesis of how he was made

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sonic needs that element of speed and action.

It's ingrained into everything about him. His games. His attitude. His music. Even his design.

Turning Sonic into a puzzle platformer basically destroys everything Sonic has.

D

Deleted member

Then we get Shadow the Hedgehog. A fun game(for some), but severely mixed reaction. Ow the edge indeed. :p
That game almost killed me as soon as Shadow cocked his MP5.(Even though it isn't a shotgun.) Like holy **** the edge.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That game almost killed me as soon as Shadow cocked his MP5.(Even though it isn't a shotgun.) Like holy **** the edge.
And that's why I loved it. It was fun to take as a very non-serious game. I do think it went overboard on the darkness, but I didn't have any issues beyond that and somewhat glitchy gameplay. Also, the Gatling Gun rules. :awesome:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The latest Star Vs episode was pretty interesting and heavy, but not to bad.

With two episodes left, I wonder how the season will end.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
How about we take Sonic, and make him THIS

The best Sonic design but I like Toot Toot Sonic Warrior better.

Sonic needs that element of speed and action.

It's ingrained into everything about him. His games. His attitude. His music. Even his design.

Turning Sonic into a puzzle platformer basically destroys everything Sonic has.
But we gotta make him appeal to people who never liked Sonic to begin with while alienating the older fans.

It's stuff like this why people hate Devil May Cry reboot and Castlevania Lords of Shadow.

Appeal to a market who never cared while telling the ones who supported you that you're irrelevant.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

What he's suggesting is turning Sonic into the very thing he mocked in the 90s.

A run of the mill platformer.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I enjoy Sonic, even the modern games that people tend to fault for existing. I certainly don't see any reason to change what it is, I just think that it needs to be handled with a little more care.

It's a cocky blue hedgehog with superpowers that saves the world from an egg obsessed mad scientist. It's not meant to be taken dead seriously, and it (usually) isn't. But just because something isn't meant to be taken dead seriously doesn't mean it can't have high stakes either. That's the beauty of it, it's a kind of jutaxposition not every game will touch. It's no fun to segregate certain tropes off, it's much more interesting to mix them together and see what happens.

It's fun to just play a game and have the wind in your face while fighting rather fast paced enemies as you come across them. Combine that with a setting that has the right balance of funny, cute, and awesome, and you've got my kind of game.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hating Sonic is a meme at this point.

It'll stop once Mania and 2017 come out cause I can near guarantee you those will be good.

D

Deleted member

I'm not even that big of fan of Sonic, I've only played generations and a few other games. Some pretty good like the trilogy, and some that I didn't like at all like Secret Rings, that was my first sonic game EVER and I didn't know that the game was just bad, at the time I thought I just really sucked at the game.

But I digress, my point is that it's not a bright idea to give your franchise a HUGE make over.(Of course, there are exceptions, specifically if you're franchise is very old and not too defined like Punch Out and Kid Icarus.) You CAN improve a franchise without completely redoing it so drastically. Heck, funnily enough, Sonic enough has done this many times. Change is good, many of my favorite franchises have games with vastly different identities, but you don't want to separate them apart too much.

Chrono.

Wasn't this video brought up here a couple of other times?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

It'll stop once Mania and 2017 come out cause I can near guarantee you those will be good.
I doubt it. Colours and Generations were both good and it didn't stop. The most that'll happen is it'll abate a bit until the next bad Sonic game.

nothingstopsthistrain.gif

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm not even that big of fan of Sonic, I've only played generations and a few other games. Some pretty good like the trilogy, and some that I didn't like at all like Secret Rings, that was my first sonic game EVER and I didn't know that the game was just bad, at the time I thought I just really sucked at the game.

But I digress, my point is that it's not a bright idea to give your franchise a HUGE make over.(Of course, there are exceptions, specifically if you're franchise is very old and not too defined like Punch Out and Kid Icarus.) You CAN improve a franchise without completely redoing it so drastically, heck, funnily enough, Sonic enough has done this many times.
Basically, with a franchise you should probably check how long it's been in the fridge. Kid Icarus sat longer than Sonic even EXISTED without a game, and while Punch-Out fared better than that it still stayed quiet for a long time. Sonic on the other hand has been maintained constantly and one of the biggest complaints in the fandom is that it changes too MUCH and that they just want them to settle on a good playstyle.

Sonic is one of the last games that needs a makeover for any number of reasons. The fandom would go ballistic and the rest of the internet wouldn't stop mocking it anyway no matter what it turned into.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geoduck.png

I think I put a lot more effort into the Geoduck than the clam

Edit: Geoduck's aren't bivalves likes clams, or even mollusks

BUT, they are closely related.

Last edited:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
I can't say I'm the biggest fan of the blue hedgehog but I have enjoyed some of his exploits here and there. Super Bunnyhop made a great video on the subject, highlighting some of Sonic's successes and failures.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Like N30N said, I doubt Mania and Project 2017 would stop the meme. Regardless of how well they'll do, people will keep hopping back to Sonic 06 and try to make their "oh, so original joke" about it. Or make a 3 hour analysis about how bad Sonic 06 was and how Sonic needs to change without even taking into consideration that the later games minus Boom weren't complete garbage, some even the best platformers of their year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom