• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So should we finally point out that Mewtwo shouldn't be 5000lbs

Like his weight and mass is something that doesn't add up

D

Deleted member

So should we finally point out that Mewtwo shouldn't be 5000lbs

Like his weight and mass is something that doesn't add up
I don't think 269 pounds is that bad for mewtwo especially since it's 6'7 and also it's tail which probably carries most of its mass. I mean, sure it's a floaty pokemon in melee, but it's probably more so because of psychic powers rather than actually being lightweight.

It's bizarre that mewtwo is twice as heavy as I am though, I'm only 132 pounds.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Wailord is like 50 feet long, and weighs like 400 lbs...

The weight of two average sized men...

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Yeah, it should close down by the morning. A lot of people slept on Tapu Koko.

Primarina was pinned against Salazzle, Silvally, and Golisopod. Surprisingly, it didn't receive a lot of votes and the latter two Pokemon dominated.

Any Ultra Beast interests you?
Koko's just the best of the four imo. MMA Tiger doesn't interest me, nor does edgy Hawkeye or Oshawott 2.0 Pikachu version.
Silvally and Golisopod? That's....strange, I would've expected Salazzle to bebeating out my mermaid mon.
UBs? Pheromosa's my favorite, followed by the backup Star Platinum when Infernape isn't around.

Sorry to say this, but Golisopod and Silvally double teamed her in the end.

But you can still give her a vote if you want.
I shall, every bit counts I guess.

UBs in general have odd sizes.

Then again, most Pokemon aren't what I expect either.

What's the oddest Pokemon size in your opinion?
Tbh, size in Pokemon, when looking back and forth at the dex descriptions and anime, is just weird in general. Pikachu is more or less the size of Ash's head when it shouldn't be according to the dex. Ash can ride on a 4 or 5 foot charizard, how does that even work? Is he a ******? Is every character in the show vertically challenged?

Also, about height....seeing a character, thinking "Oh they must be tall, they're definitely drawn tall" and then seeing their official height as much smaller is more common than you'd think.
I'm 5 foot 10, and I still can't believe I'm taller than Esdeath (Akame Ga Kill). She looks at least 6 foot 3.
That's just the example I always think of.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
What's the oddest Pokemon size in your opinion?
I always found it pretty strange that Lucario is less than 4 feet tall considering its about the same height as most humanoid characters in Smash.

It's also strange to me that Roselia is only a foot tall. I always knew it was short, but I would think it would be at least a few feet tall.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I always found it pretty strange that Lucario is less than 4 feet tall considering its about the same height as most humanoid characters in Smash.

It's also strange to me that Roselia is only a foot tall. I always knew it was short, but I would think it would be at least a few feet tall.
A good chunk of Roselia is leaves and flowers which probably wouldn't be too big. I can see it being a foot. Maybe a foot and a half

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wailord is based offa blimp that's why the weight isn't as heavy as you'd expect.
The problem is that it's less dense than the air around it at that mass.

As in it should float away, not swim.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The problem is that it's lighter than the air around it at that mass.

As in it should float away, not swim.
Perhaps it just manipulates the water around it so it can swim in it. I mean, that is something that water types are known to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That's not Sonic 3 & Knuckles either

Not even the best Megaman game
Battle Network 3 for life

Your right, it's not Sonic 3 and Knuckles. It's the best platformer, which is indeed Mega Man X. S3K is probably top 10 though.

We're talking platformers here anyway, so Battle Network doesn't count.

D

Deleted member

By float away, I meant it should be in the sky.
Perhaps it just has the ability to control where it goes while floating much like Drifblim, rather than just floating up into the sky like a balloon would. Wailord should have learned fly confirmed. I mean, for some reason out of water some water types end to "fly" anyway.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Golem though.

It's apparently more dense than the earth.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Wailord is based offa blimp that's why the weight isn't as heavy as you'd expect.
This is in my top 10 mind-being blown by Pokemon, I never knew

I could do that.

Ooooooor.

View attachment 126432

I could do it my way.

With a wing fortress.
This looks just like one of those pile-of-human-flesh enemies in video games jesus christ

The only hope PIkachu has is eating himself out from the inside, isn't it

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't really consider Golem a turtle

But I always found it weird that Golem looks so radically different than Graveler.

I kind of like Graveler better than Golem because it has 4 arms

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So atronomers found 7 new Earth-sized exoplanets
Read about those. Most likely tidally locked, high potential for solar flares, but a mere 40 light years away and easily studied, relatively speaking.

Actually very excited to watch this develop.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I'd choose Xurkitree for Smash, it's my favorite Ultra Beast.
I don't really consider Golem a turtle

But I always found it weird that Golem looks so radically different than Graveler.

I kind of like Graveler better than Golem because it has 4 arms
I actually like it when Pokémon look different from their prevos. IMO, that makes it actually feel like it changes into a different Pokémon when it evolves.

I wish all the pseudo lines were more like :148: to :149: or Shelgon to Salamence.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd choose Xurkitree for Smash, it's my favorite Ultra Beast.

I actually like it when Pokémon look different from their prevos. IMO, that makes it actually feel like it changes into a different Pokémon when it evolves.

I wish all the pseudo lines were more like :148: to :149: or Shelgon to Salamence.
I think there is a good middle ground. Because yeah, pokemon that barely change suck

But on the other hand, Golem looks like a reptile covered in rocks, which graveler and Geodude have no reptilian qualities. Also it loses 2 limbs

Edit:

Alakazam grows it's mustache, loses it's tail, and finds a spoon. Boom, new pokemon

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Just as a reminder, I'll repost all the Pokemon humans I'll be dealing with for these last three polls tomorrow.

Koga (Ninja), Maylene (Martial Artist), Looker (International Police Agent), Caitlin and Sabrina (Psychics), Lusamine
Ultra Beast Tamer
, Guzma (Street Punk), Drayden (Wrestler), Kiawe (Fire Dancer), N Harmonia (Pokemon Whisperer), Lysandre (Lysandre Labs Tech Master), and Clay and Bryon (Miner).

Any suggestions or changes are welcome.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Xenoblade update

HOLY CRAP I DID IT, I KILLED THAT DAMN DRAGON!!!!

Did some quick reading up on Chain Attacks and there was a very important piece of information that I had completely forgotten about (which tends to happen when you have several months in between play sessions)...I can Break and Topple this big ******* during a chain attack, which allows me to Daze it when it is Toppled and land critical damage while it's on the ground, which also gives me enough time to set up another Chain attack to rinse and repeat...as well as maneuver myself for Side and Back Attacks...

Man it's no wonder some of these bosses have been giving me a hard time...

Now it's off to see the wizard....hippie....junkie...dude...

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
That moment when you just browsing around and than you see something you wish was actually a thing(and wish gaming companies were a bit more buddy buddy with each other).
:crazy: *insert spongebob image here*

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just as a reminder, I'll repost all the Pokemon humans I'll be dealing with for these last three polls tomorrow.

Koga (Ninja), Maylene (Martial Artist), Looker (International Police Agent), Caitlin and Sabrina (Psychics), Lusamine
Ultra Beast Tamer
, Guzma (Street Punk), Drayden (Wrestler), Kiawe (Fire Dancer), N Harmonia (Pokemon Whisperer), Lysandre (Lysandre Labs Tech Master), and Clay and Bryon (Miner).

Any suggestions or changes are welcome.
These choices seem good, but there's one little flaw.

How the heck can you forget this guy? Half of his inventions seem like perfect moveset potential to me.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Xenoblade update

HOLY CRAP I DID IT, I KILLED THAT DAMN DRAGON!!!!

Did some quick reading up on Chain Attacks and there was a very important piece of information that I had completely forgotten about (which tends to happen when you have several months in between play sessions)...I can Break and Topple this big ******* during a chain attack, which allows me to Daze it when it is Toppled and land critical damage while it's on the ground, which also gives me enough time to set up another Chain attack to rinse and repeat...as well as maneuver myself for Side and Back Attacks...

Man it's no wonder some of these bosses have been giving me a hard time...

Now it's off to see the wizard....hippie....junkie...dude...

Point of no return hype; better create an extra save file just in case :v

Hulk Hogan's betrayal really hit me, squash him plz, and prepare some Paralysis Resist Gems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom