• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
You know, thinking about it, if the Tales of series made it into Smash, it has the exact same problem Final Fantasy had, before Cloud getting in, with the whole, which protagonist from what game should be chosen to represent the series, just minus the whole most popular and easily recognisable character, which FF has with Cloud.

Same situation applies to Dragon Quest, but that situation is a bit easier, since Sakurai and the Smash team can just default to the main protagonist in the original Dragon Quest, since that games has the whole prestige of being one of the first ever console RPG, that set the standard for genre on consoles.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Can't kill something that never existed *insert safe roll*
I mean.

I'm not saying you're incorrect.

But you're wrong.

That's not Sonic 3 & Knuckles either
:denzel:

Whether or not it was just a misspelling or a Freudian slip? I won't tell. :p
I'll tell.

It was Freudian.

Well, how else would Buzzwole be able to do them squats and use the restroom like any buff mosquito?
If the hole buzzes, its purpose is neither of those things.

At least not without an elaborate rig and some very particular tastes.

Chrono.

You know, thinking about it, if the Tales of series made it into Smash, it has the exact same problem Final Fantasy had, before Cloud getting in, with the whole, which protagonist from what game should be chosen to represent the series, just minus the whole most popular and easily recognisable character, which FF has with Cloud.

Same situation applies to Dragon Quest, but that situation is a bit easier, since Sakurai and the Smash team can just default to the main protagonist in the original Dragon Quest, since that games has the whole prestige of being one of the first ever console RPG, that set the standard for genre on consoles.
I'd argue Lloyd Irving fits the bill for Tales.

Most recognize Symphonia as far the series goes.

DQ is harder yeah, but I don't follow that series too well either.

D

Deleted member

Well, Golisopod's victory was no surprise. Though Silvally did have its fair share of fans. Poor Primarina and Salazzle though.

Moving on, we are now voting for Ultra Beasts: Buzzwole, Nihilego, Pheramosa, and Xurkitree. Kartana couldn't make the cut (pun) while the others are simply too big.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

This will be the last Alola poll until we move on to Pokémon humans and the end of Pokemon itself. I can tell you F-Zero and Fire Emblem fans are rather anxious by now.

So don't be a bloke and vote.
.....what people don't realize.....

....Xurkitree is not that much shorter than Guzzlord.

EDIT:
Ah, I mistook Guzzlord for being 15 feet instead of 18 feet.

But still, at 12'06" feet tall, Xurkitree is still rather large.....
It's almost twice Mewtwo's height.

Last edited by a moderator:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Good
Y'all need broccoli and cauliflower
Kids today eat too much junkfood
*sees 2 finished packages of crisps, 10 kitkat wrappers and Haribo Dragibus wrappers*
Exhibit A
I'm about to get some Wing Zone.

Exhibit B.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Good
Y'all need broccoli and cauliflower
Kids today eat too much junkfood
*sees 2 finished packages of crisps, 10 kitkat wrappers and Haribo Dragibus wrappers*
Exhibit A
The best part about being an adult is that you can eat candy for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day of the week and no one will stop you.

The worst part about being an adult is that you can eat candy for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day of the week and no one will stop you.

>been studying for a test that is tomorrow all week
>stressing for it too
>Have trouble studying today because my body is ****ed up for some reason
>Stressing out more
>Class gets cancelled

I dont even know how to feel right now
At least I get an hour and a half of resetting playing FE Conquest at college tomorrow?

:061:

D

Deleted member

Let's not forget that Lloyd was also the only Tales character to have a Mii costume.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
One day Battle Network's greatness will be recognized.
Don't worry. Our Church of PETs will lead the way to enlighten the folks of using your handheld living version of Siri as weapon to save the world by playing video games

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
.....what people don't realize.....

....Xurkitree is not that much shorter than Guzzlord.

EDIT:
Ah, I mistook Guzzlord for being 15 feet instead of 18 feet.

But still, at 12'06" feet tall, Xurkitree is still rather large.....
It's almost twice Mewtwo's height.
Now that I think of it, I should have went with Kartana over him.

Oh well. They probably like its design alot.

D

Deleted member

Now that I think of it, I should have went with Kartana over him.

Oh well. They probably like its design alot.
I will admit, Xurkitree really has a cool design.
I'm just surprised it's as tall as it is. I seriously thought it was closer to Buzzwole's size. 0_0

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
UBs in general have odd sizes.

Then again, most Pokemon aren't what I expect either.

What's the oddest Pokemon size in your opinion?

D

Deleted member

IB4 fish and serpent pokemon, even though it's referring to length rather than height.

But definitely how short Nidoking/Nidoqueen are... Like, wow....

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I found a youtuber named WeeGee Plays.

He's kind of terrible.
Ahh yes, WeeGee.
He's also essentially a satire channel....at the very least, he tries to be satire
There is a less horrific interpretation of why the golf clubs are broken

Because Guzma has a bad temper and broke them
Somewhere in Alola, a certain member of the Elite Four became very upset and did not know why.
Good morning mates. Did you all sleep well? Because it's Alola Time with this Generation 7 poll for the first four hours.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

The choices are Incineroar, Mimikyu, Tapu Koko, and Decidueye. Not to worry Primarina fans, she will appear later. And I will plan on making a separate poll for the Ultra Beasts near the evening.

Don't be shy and pick well.
Please tell me this is still going. All the well-liked ones that I dislike are here! (exception being Koko, who gets my vote)>
Glad to see Primarina will be in a different poll, better chances for the best final evolution to win!
Unless you pput it up against Raichu and/or Kommo-o (If yo use either). Choosing between Kommo-o and Primarina would tear me in two.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pikachu is way bigger in the anime then it actually looks. Recently they've tried to change this with other media.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Bewear.

When I first seen its design, you would expect that it's a small cuddly bear. At least until Stuffel was revealed. :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just a reminder; message below 10 letters are considered spam. You cannot post a message that has less than 10 letters worth of content(this includes the url you input for a video, for instance. It puts more letters in the reply). Replying to a quoted message with less than 10 letters is considered spam as well. Some Warnings/Infractions have already been handed out due to this.

Please try to give more constructive replies in the future. :)

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

Most recognize Symphonia as far the series goes.

DQ is harder yeah, but I don't follow that series too well either.
That's just it though, while Lloyd fits, is he the most popular protagonist from the Nintendo console entries? Cause I could easily see someone arguing that the main protagonist from the first Tales game would be a better choice.

Also, you sure he's the most recognisable, cause Tales series has a problem of being not as well recognised or having a 100% this is a genre defining game like FF and DQ do, so its hard to choose a rep from the series. Plus there's also the whole, which game's battle system to we adapt into Smash, since Tales games seem to have different battle systems from game to game, I think, not really up to date on Tales battle system.

And if you can explain it to me I'll be happy to listen, is it like FF and FE where the basic battle system over all is the same, or is it a series that has vastly different battle systems every game?

I'd argue DQ isn't to hard to argue, because if it becomes to much of a problem being to choose a character to rep the series, defaulting to DQ main character is easy since DQ is one of the RPGs that build the foundation all RPGs built from, so people would be able to say I'm glad this character is here, without feeling to much salt that their favourite DQ playable character wasn't chosen.

Really out of all the major JRPGs, FF really got lucky with how they could easily just say use Cloud, since FFVII carries both the prestige for the genre, and exploded the genre's popularity so Cloud basically became the face of the JRPG genre, like how Mario is the face of platformers.

Also thinking about it this same question could also apply if Shin Megami Tensei was added to Smash.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Please tell me this is still going. All the well-liked ones that I dislike are here! (exception being Koko, who gets my vote)>
Glad to see Primarina will be in a different poll, better chances for the best final evolution to win!
Unless you pput it up against Raichu and/or Kommo-o (If yo use either). Choosing between Kommo-o and Primarina would tear me in two.
Yeah, it should close down by the morning. A lot of people slept on Tapu Koko.

Primarina was pinned against Salazzle, Silvally, and Golisopod. Surprisingly, it didn't receive a lot of votes and the latter two Pokemon dominated.

Any Ultra Beast interests you?

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

It's not quite the same thing but seeing Ash lift a 150 plus pound larvitar with ease highlights the disconnect between the stated sizes/weights of Pokemon and their actual depiction.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Sorry to say this, but Golisopod and Silvally double teamed her in the end.

But you can still give her a vote if you want.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Oh yeah this morning I slipped and fell on ice again. The whole day my arm was hurting as was my hips.

Everything went slow mo when I was flying backwards. Thankfuly I didn't hit my head.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Blastoise weighs too less for how big it is

A lot of pokemon are much smaller than they should be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom