• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm pretty confident that isn't the case. :4villager:
You have no proof of that. You know how fast food restaurants are always named after names or titles? McDonalds, Wendy's, Jack in the Box, Carl's Jr. etc. Well, over here we have one called In n' Out. So we found Out, but where's In?

"I'm in."

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Well, Golisopod's victory was no surprise. Though Silvally did have its fair share of fans. Poor Primarina and Salazzle though.

Moving on, we are now voting for Ultra Beasts: Buzzwole, Nihilego, Pheramosa, and Xurkitree. Kartana couldn't make the cut (pun) while the others are simply too big.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

This will be the last Alola poll until we move on to Pokémon humans and the end of Pokemon itself. I can tell you F-Zero and Fire Emblem fans are rather anxious by now.

So don't be a bloke and vote.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh.

Well looks like you're not Out anymore. Guess you're now In.
Stop stealing my jokes, this plagiarism is almost as bad as when Frozen ripped off Scatman John. *Family Guy cutaway*

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well, Golisopod's victory was no surprise. Though Silvally did have its fair share of fans. Poor Primarina and Salazzle though.

Moving on, we are now voting for Ultra Beasts: Buzzwole, Nihilego, Pheramosa, and Xurkitree. Kartana couldn't make the cut (pun) while the others are simply too big.

This will be the last Alola poll until we move on to Pokémon humans and the end of Pokemon itself. I can tell you F-Zero and Fire Emblem fans are rather anxious by now.

There is one correct answer to this and he has nice big guns.

You can guess who it is.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wasn't aware one of the Ultra Beasts was based off of Dante
Considering each one of them fits one of the Seven Sins, I believe they were based off Dante's Inferno
Oh wait, we're not talking about that Dante?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Buzzwole is the ONLY acceptable answer. My second favorite pokemon this gen. Golisopod outdoing him

D

Deleted member

Considering each one of them fits one of the Seven Sins, I believe they were based off Dante's Inferno
Oh wait, we're not talking about that Dante?
I still don't see how all of them fit into the seven sins. I mean, two of them do, but the rest, eeehhh...

Also, I was looking at what people thought about this on a thread, and of course the first response was "No, they're based on spongebob characters".

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Depends, did that Dante slide on the floor shooting demons while having a pizza?
Or get bossed around by a kid while always being in debt to literally everyone?
Maybe the first one, he was Italian after all

But probably not the second

D

Deleted member

Depends, did that Dante slide on the floor shooting demons while having a pizza?
Or get bossed around by a kid while always being in debt to literally everyone?
I dunno, he didn't wrote about himself so maybe he did but it wasn't as cool as literally seeing hell itself
I still don't see how all of them fit into the seven sins. I mean, two of them do, but the rest, eeehhh...

Also, I was looking at what people thought about this on a thread, and of course the first response was "No, they're based on spongebob characters".
Nihilego is envy: it has no self and brainwashes others to obsess over it. Its informed ability of changing shape is similar in meaning to FMA!Envy too.
Buzzwole is pride: it likes to show off it muscles in a prideful way. That's it
Pheromosa is lust: this one is easy, its pheromones leave any Pokemon infatuated
Xurkitree is greed: it steals electricity only caring about its own gain, leaving others with nothing as a consequence
Kartana is wrath: I don't know much about it but its role is an offensive sweeper, much like someone in a frenzy.
Celesteela is sloth: its role is a staller, basically forcing you to take it slow. It also has great offensive stats that sorta get wasted on something that takes things slowly, much like what sloth does to people.
Guzzlord is gluttony: duh

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I dunno, he didn't wrote about himself so maybe he did but it wasn't as cool as literally seeing hell itself

Nihilego is envy: it has no self and brainwashes others to obsess over it. Its informed ability of changing shape is similar in meaning to FMA!Envy too.
Pheromosa is lust: this one is easy, its pheromones leave any Pokemon infatuated
Xurkitree is greed: it steals electricity only caring about its own gain, leaving others with nothing as a consequence
Kartana is wrath: I don't know much about it but its role is an offensive sweeper, much like someone in a frenzy.
Celesteela is sloth: its role is a staller, basically forcing you to take it slow. It also has great offensive stats that sorta get wasted on something that takes things slowly, much like what sloth does to people.
People have said the Celesteela is wrath

Something about the story it's based off of

D

Deleted member

Ah, I see. The reason why I'm asking is because Buzzhole(when people don't say it's wrath), Pheromosa, and Guzzlord are the only consistent ones. Every other one changes entirely person to person from what I've seen.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Gluttony, Lust, Pride, Envy work

Greed kind of works

Sloth, Wrath ...eh>

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Finished Halo Wars 2's campaign.

It felt more like a tutorial for the MP with how they spoon fed you Leader abilities and Units over each mission. That said the missions were still generally enjoyable with cool scenarios like holding a beachfront kinda like D-Day or having Alice do guerrilla tactics to rescue PoW allies. The bonus and optional objectives generally incited you to try out a few new things which was nice and they're needed for skulls.

If I had any disappointments it's in how there's so little of Atriox and how the SP ends. Atriox get's his awesome introduction and his backstory but then he's just there for the rest of the game ordering his forces around and getting pissed. On the bright side he'll at least be around for another game or two but considering what happened to Jul in Halo 5 I'm really hoping he doesn't get punked.

The campaign's ending just has no resolution. Atriox isn't defeated at all (although he now has no carrier ship) and Anders is off on Installion 04C somewhere in the Galaxy (possibly the original 04's location) with a Guardian. There's gonna be campaign DLC and it's clear that this is going to tie into Halo 6 but a complete resolution would be nice.

Something I'm mixed on is the cutscenes. On one hand there's just no where near enough of them. There's like seven of them maybe. But the cutscenes all look utterly amazing, are fairly lengthy with a total runtime being similar to Halo Wars and the cutscenes still have some really cool moments.
This one for example just evoked a particular line from Halo 2 in spite of not being the first time 04C was seen:

"When you first saw Halo, where you blinded by it's majesty?"

I think I overall still prefer the original Halo Wars because that felt it had an actual ending to it's story whilst still leaving it open plus I prefer some of the mechanics from that like the Power level being universal instead of a base by base thing.

Overall I give it an "ALL UNITS!"/10

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
moar Xenoblade stuffs...

First for appropriate music...

DRAGONS?!!? NO ONE TOLD ME THERE WOULD BE ****ING DRAGONS!!!!!!!
Damn thing may as well be Bahamut, this game really is Nintendo's Final Fantasy...

And this thing is frikkin monstrous!!! It's seriously bodying me, like it's literally wiping the floor with me...as soon as I start the battle the very first attack it does hits me for over 3,500 damage right off the bat!! WTF!!!!?!? Then it's auto-attacks do about 900 at a time...I can't get a good chain attack going if everyone dies in just three hits!!! Oh look a large backwards tail sweep that topples everyone and he's just chomping on our faces as we are just sitting there like idiots...

And of course it's got spike damage as well...

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Can't stop laughing.

And thus perishes my present semblance of maturity.
Well, how else would Buzzwole be able to do them squats and use the restroom like any buff mosquito?

Last edited:

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
I just lose Franz to Grub in Sacred stones had to restart it becuase it was a crit.
Good news everyone! Crash N-Sane Trilogy may be a timed exclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom