• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This really is Zelda GTA.
Drinking & Smoking
Contains depiction or references to the consumption of alcohol and/or cigarette or cigar smoking.
Gambling
Contains gambling activities, either by depiction or in interactive form.
Drugs
Contains depiction or references to the use of drugs and illegal narcotics.

Just needs these IMO

---

Also, I'd like to mention

Romance
Contains expressions of romance or love. (Possibly includes kissing, hugging, dating, and other expressions of romantic desire or relations.)

Is seperate from

Sexuality
Contains expressions of sexual relations and/or sexual activity. (Possibly includes swimwear or suggestive outfits, exposure of underwear, nudity, suggestive behavior, immoral thoughts, prostitution, sexual contact and/or activities, and other sexual content.)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Basically, Violence is for the combat, Sexuality is because of Underwear Link, and Crime might mean stealing from shops is back.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Basically, Violence is for the combat, Sexuality is because of Underwear Link, and Crime might mean stealing from shops is back.
And hopefully shop keepers turning into omnipotent gods that can destroy you instantly if you stole from them and dare enter their shop again is back

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And hopefully shop keepers turning into omnipotent gods that can destroy you instantly if you stole from them and dare enter their shop again is back
And then your name becomes "Thief" for the rest of the game.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Jokes on you game, I named myself Thief from the very beginning!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So here's a neat what-if.

In the future, you help Sakurai pick the roster for an upcoming Smash game. You get your perfect Smash...with one catch.

You must also choose five third party characters that, while still video game characters by origin, have never appeared on a Nintendo console.

Which five video game characters do you pick, assuming "none" is not a viable answer?
Master Chief
Ratchet and Clank
Jak and Daxter
Kat from Gravity Rush
Regina from Dino Crisis? I don't think any of those were on a Nintendo system.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Bruh. Zelda is pulling out the Master Sword!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My God, Conquest. Were you really meant to be played on Classic?

Notre Sagasse.
>Effie attacks archer.
>Counter activates
>Effie dies.

Like, lol what the heck.

Anyway, I finished the ship stage, and killed Shura for his boots.
Also married my avatar to Jakob.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Turns out my sis needs her galbladder taken out. she has some sludge in it and even if they took out the sludge, it would come back and she also has a cyst on her liver

Rip all the foods she used to eat and all the drinks she used to drink

And apparently galbladder probs run on my moms side of the family so I wouldn't be shocked if I have to get mine taken out soon

Last edited:

Spurdo

Smash Apprentice
I wish they didn't reveal anything about BoTW beyond the first trailer. it is a game about discovery and now they're spoiling half the plot in promotional materials

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I keep reading things about how Marvel is ruining their comics.

To the Marvel readers, do these things ring true?

• Heroes becoming mean and unrelatable
  • Perfectly good heroes being shamed for something
  • Political extremism
  • Changing established character's personalities and arcs for little to no reason
  • Attempting to reinvent characters that don't need to be reinvented
These are the things I keep hearing.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

• Political extremism
  • Changing established character's personalities and arcs for little to no reason
Also pointlessly bringing back heroes just to have someone to kill for "Drama"

D

Deleted member

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is a mature shonen manga where its characters fight out with their bizarre powers in life-or-death situations to stop serial killers, defeat power-hungry vampires and even destroy the literally immortal ultimate lifeform
2017-01-27 16.44.57-1.png

And then your name becomes "Thief" for the rest of the game.
Imagine if that was voiced
That's be a cool easter egg and callback
My God, Conquest. Were you really meant to be played on Classic?

Notre Sagasse.
>Effie attacks archer.
>Counter activates
>Effie dies.

Like, lol what the heck.

Anyway, I finished the ship stage, and killed Shura for his boots.
Also married my avatar to Jakob.
Well, I'd say Conquest Classic Hard is the difficulty it was meant to be played
Normal just weakens enemies and removes some enemy skill while Lunatic is a proper "Hard mode" with all the changes they made to some of the maps
And considering you're fighting Counter Archers on Chapter 12, that means you're on Hard so yeah, you're supposed to choose between Bow or Counter damage against them, basically. And that is Conquest's easiest map(good luck with the rest)

And I'm blocking you, Shura is obviously the best character. Who needs Boots when Shura pair-up gives you the +1 Mov anyways? You heartless *******

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Turns out my sis needs her galbladder taken out. she has some sludge in it and even if they took out the sludge, it would come back and she also has a cyst on her liver

Rip all the foods she used to eat and all the drinks she used to drink

And apparently galbladder probs run on my moms side of the family so I wouldn't be shocked if I have to get mine take out soon
Sorry to hear that...
Though it seems it is possible to live normally even with the gall bladder removed. Hope it doesn't happen to you though...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, I'd say Conquest Classic Hard is the difficulty it was meant to be played
Normal just weakens enemies and removes some enemy skill while Lunatic is a proper "Hard mode" with all the changes they made to some of the maps
And considering you're fighting Counter Archers on Chapter 12, that means you're on Hard so yeah, you're supposed to choose between Bow or Counter damage against them, basically. And that is Conquest's easiest map(good luck with the rest)

And I'm blocking you, Shura is obviously the best character. Who needs Boots when Shura pair-up gives you the +1 Mov anyways? You heartless *******
I'm playing on Normal Casual now. And that was Chapter 11. The one with the connected rooms.

And dunno, other maps have been easier, if you're prepared to lose a couple of units (which is alright because Casual.)

EDIT: Double post, sorry. Didn't realise. ;_;

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Sorry to hear that...
Though it seems it is possible to live normally even with the gall bladder removed. Hope it doesn't happen to you though...
Yeah, my mom had hers taken out at 28, my sister is getting her taken out at 24, Im only 22 so time will tell

The only bad thing about that is I wont be able to eat as much candy and lemon flavored stuff as I want:034:
Why would anyone kill Shura? Him and Niles were ass kickers on my game

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Really want to try the new weapon moveset Scythe in Brawlhalla, but, none of the characters in the current (I think weekly) rotation uses that weapon so....

welp.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

• Political extremism
It's one of those things that HEAVILY depends on the writer.

Most of those I hear in relation to Brian Michael Bendis, namely about ruining the Guardians, Carol Danvers, etc. His issue is that he keeps taking jobs outside his area of expertise. He works best with focusing on one character in a more realistic, street level setting. Bonus points if the character is inherently snarky. Like, his Daredevil run, his magnum opus Alias, and his Miles Morales Spider-Man stuff is highly regarded. His Iron Man run is anywhere from meh to good depending on who is asked. Then there's Civil War II and his Guardians of the Galaxy, which...yeah. He can't write groups and often doesn't care for established continuity for the more fantastic characters. He's good at what he's good at, and sucks outside his comfort zone, basically.

For the political thing, I mainly hear that in relation to Captain America, be it Sam or Steve. I don't think that's an issue as Captain America has always been political. It's just nowadays politics is more openly Us vs Them so it draws more...intense reactions from people. People don't realize that back in 1941, having Captain America punch out Hitler on the cover of his first issue was an incredibly controversial political statement. Like, there were death threats sent to all involved.

As for heroes being shamed, I'm assuming you mean the Cyclops thing, which stems from...a very hard to explain in-universe thing. #CyclopsWasRight and all that jazz. :p

D

Deleted member

I'm playing on Normal Casual now. And that was Chapter 11. The one with the connected rooms.

And dunno, other maps have been easier, if you're prepared to lose a couple of units (which is alright because Casual.)
I remembered the Chapter number wrong(could swear the smashing pots was 13)
I'm pretty sure the Archers only have Counter on Hard and higher
*checks wiki*
It only mentions Counter appearing on Lunatic so either we're both wrong and it's only on Lunatic, me and the wiki are wrong and it shows up on Normal or you and the wiki are wrong and it shows up starting on Hard

Well, yeah, that's the problem, most people play on Classic so they're not ready to lose units like that

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I needed the boots for Elise, and I wasn't planning to use him in my run, so....

It was for the greater good. I'll spare him in another run.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Why would anyone kill Shura? Him and Niles were *** kickers on my game
Why would anyone? Especially when he has a kickass conversation with the boss in the next chapter.

Also, found a great avatar for while the Overwatch event is going.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei

On pirating:

If it's available to buy on an American system/Steam, I don't pirate it.

If it's something like FE6, Ace Attorney Investigators 2, MOTHER 3, or the like, I don't worry about it.

Recently I downloaded the arcade version of Street Fighter 3rd Strike, which is probably impossible to purchase and run, so I made an exception there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom