• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Holy god, I just saw what happen to Meowth.
RIP, you were the greatest character Pokemon character because you were actually talking.
That his dream live now in the heart of many.
Amen

I was prepared for trouble but not for this.

IIRC the gold Meowth is a reference too.
I want Arbok and Weezing back.... :(

I am so sorry for your loss :(

Good news is the game doesn't stop getting better! Or crazier!

Also a poll for y'all
http://www.strawpoll.me/12206777

It's based on how often the members of SMASHboards play SMASH bros.

Why? I have no idea.

:186:
I voted for "every frew months".

Here's a question.

How do you feel about emulation and ROMs?

Think they're fine? Bad? Does it depend?
Depends. I mainly use them to play old games not found on stores (or Virtual Console) anymore.

D

Deleted member

On the topic of emulation from a few pages ago:
If I think ot's wrong? Maybe, but there's no way in hell that I'm paying and trying to find games that are 10 years ols or more
With the way emulation works, a stable emulator will only come out after that console's lifespan ends so I don't see the problem with it.
Hell, I'd never have played any of the SNES games I played outside of SMW if it wasn't for a SNES emulator with a bunch of games I got with my PS2.
I could also talk about how every single PS2 game I ever played was pirated but that's a discussion for another day.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
So here's a neat what-if.

In the future, you help Sakurai pick the roster for an upcoming Smash game. You get your perfect Smash...with one catch.

You must also choose five third party characters that, while still video game characters by origin, have never appeared on a Nintendo console.

Which five video game characters do you pick, assuming "none" is not a viable answer?
oh this is easy
Kameo(kameo elements of power), Jude(tales of xillia), Gwendolyn(odin sphere), Asagi(Makai kingdom), Solaire(darksouls)

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So here's a neat what-if.

In the future, you help Sakurai pick the roster for an upcoming Smash game. You get your perfect Smash...with one catch.

You must also choose five third party characters that, while still video game characters by origin, have never appeared on a Nintendo console.

Which five video game characters do you pick, assuming "none" is not a viable answer?
Tracer from Overwatch
2B from NieR: Automata
Lighting from Final Fantasy XIII, if not new character I want a Cloud alt of her.
Kat from Gravity Rush
Timo from League of Legends, I'm not joking.

And despite I respect Blunty's view on Nintendo, his recent videos about Nintendo Switch is just absurd, especially after presentation.
But this I also concern about Pokemon on Switch's paid online, but then again, he talks about a game that we haven't even seen or heard from Nintendo. Also paid online that a lot of us are worrying but don't know its details.
That Olivia artwork is amazing, howeverI already know that artwork before watching this one, so that's not a praise on this video.
What is even more amazing is when you check his comment section, it's normal that some agrees with his thoughts, while others try to give their own opinions that oppose to his points, how he replies is really ridiculous. Just like how any anti-Nintendo troll comments. He mentions that it is a good thing that he at least do check his comment section, but a bit too overboard I say...
Don't get me wrong though I like most of his videos and I don't really want to view Blunty way too negatively, I'm also ok that people give their own thoughts on Switch as long as you are convincing enough. Here's a comment I found on other Youtuber video which tells it all:
By far the worst (Switch review) is Blunty. The rest are fine, even Review Tech USA was grand and balanced but Blunty was an absolute troglodyte occurring anything that said the Switch was any good, or even unique, even accepting practically debunked hardware rumours and more. He even tried to claim connecting an Android device to a TV wirelessly with a Bluetooth controller was more convenient than the Switch... Ignoring the plain fact that it's not nearly as convenient, the Switch's many unique aspects and that it has VASTLY superior gameplay experiences. Boogie is OK. Haedox is obnoxious, but he's honest.
Tl;dr
Don't take Blunty's Nintendo view seriously since it's way too subjective.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Lol I just used a Dry Skin Paras against Totem Wishiwashi and it couldn't touch me. I'm going to build a rain team around it now.

Edit: Wierd, my post went bold.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
This stage was already seen in the game's trailer but they're just giving us more info on it. If anyone knows Japanese and can translate, that would be great.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The Second Heroes and Heroines trailer for Fire Emblem Heroes just came out this morning.

The trailer reveals that Hinoka won't be voiced by E.G. Daily this time. Cindy Robinson is her new voice actress for the game.

D

Deleted member

Here's a question.

I used to pirate everything I could when I was a teen. I still remember getting an R4 for the DS and stuff, and having SNES, N64, and GBA emulators on my PC. Hell, I also remember pirating my version of Skyrim on PC like 6 years ago.

Now it depends.

I'll go out of my way to contribute and support any small companies who I feel deserve my money. Vanillaware, Ark System Works, Platinum Games, Respawn Entertainment, indie devs. I'll go out of my way to pay full price for a game made by a small studio if I'm interested in the game, or a fan of the series/studio.

I understand that making games costs a lot of money, and breaking even can be very hard for 3rd party devs. That said, I also have no qualms with pirating old games from previous gens, or from greedy companies.

It basically comes down to:

Is the company greedy?
Is the platform hackable?
Yes and Yes? I'll pirate if I like their games.

Is it an old game from many generations ago?
Does the studio who made the even exist anymore?
Is pirating/emulation cheaper/more convenient than buying it (portability, mods, better performance)?
Pirate

Large AAA?
Are the games available at reasonable prices with good discounts (Steam, PS+ etc...)?
Yes and Yes? I won't pirate, but I'll buy it at a low price.

Is it a small Japanese studio or an indie dev?
Do I like their games?
Am I a fan?
I'll buy it a full price to support the company.

It's my way of kinda bringing balance to things. I want small devs to flourish and make more games, and more competition is always good. I don't feel bad about stealing from a large greedy multinational corporation worth billions of dollars.

I pretty much emulate pirate everything Nintendo these days. I used to only pirate their old games, since emulation is solid and convenient, they overcharge on the games (and no account system), and I wanted to show Nintendo that there was demand for certain games on their newest platforms. But now it's kinda the opposite, and out of principle. I actually bought all of my WiiU games cause I wanted to support the console and see more games on it, but after what happened, now it's like "nah son," 3DS, Wii, and WiiU are all hacked, and I'll be pirating BotW. I've said it once and I'll say it again. I like Nintendo as developers, they're absolutely brilliant, but I've grown to severely dislike them as a company over the years. They're easily one of the greediest companies in the industry.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

The Second Heroes and Heroines trailer for Fire Emblem Heroes just came out this morning.

The trailer reveals that Hinoka won't be voiced by E.G. Daily this time. Cindy Robinson is her new voice actress for the game.
I always imagined Eliwood's voice to be a little more soft
Surprised to see Ursula featured before any of the main villains lol
"You'll be going home... in pieces" why wasn't this one of his crit quotes in Fates?

Also, I checked Fae's artist Yuji Himukai because that style looked familiar and...
Screenshot_2017-01-27-11-49-59-1.png

Yup, it's who I thought it was
Please tell me he's going to draw more than lolis, I'd kill for a EO styled Joshua

D

Deleted member

Here's a question.

Late but I fully support them.
I personally didn't have a Nintendo system until I got my 3DS in 2014, and I'm not too fond of the idea of paying to play old games (Though I do own a few games on the VC).
If it wasn't for emulators, I would've never been able to expirience any pre-Gen 6 Pokemon game (aside from maybe Gen 5 since I did get my W2 copy from a friend and another one of my friends used to own Black and he could've given it to me, or Gen 1 because RBY were released on the 3DS VC, but I honestly wish I didn't play the former) since DS games are so expensive these days and I don't own any unit of the Gameboy family.
Do I feel bad about playing games illegally? Sometimes. Do I want to pay in order to play them legally? Not really. Guess it's Pirate Life for me, Yo-Ho!
On the same topic, I'm getting a Flashcart soon, and I'll start another Pokemarathon once my Summer vacation starts (Assuming I'll get a new 3DS by then), but there are about 4 or 5 months until that happens.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Fae! And Ogma! :D

Also, I was amused to see Eliwood has the same VA as Marth.

D

Deleted member

I also checked that Amagaitaro guy/gal who is drawing Nino and Catria and... well, let's just say by clicking the second result which was a pixiv japanese page makes me SO glad that Nino doesn't follow their usual style
Of course, assuming that is the same Amagaitaro because there are a bunch of results but considering how Catria turned out, I'm sure of it

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Please, can someone can tell me how to stop the chat on Twitch? Seeing all those stupid comment is beginning to burn my head, and I can't find the option right now.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's a question.

My views on that are pretty simple: unless you own the game (or if the game was never released in a language you speak/region your system isn't compatible with) it's pirating and shouldn't be done. Basically, emulating Genealogy of the Holy War because it was never released in the US? Very much understandable. Pirating, say, Arms once it comes out? Absolutely no excuse and should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Probably late to the party, but yesterday I finally got around to watching girls und Panzer yesterday. Really good show.

I told myself I wouldn't binge the whole show in one day, but I did anyway...I need to stop doing that. >_>

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I like how they only showed him being from Conquest and not birthright also
View attachment 125380
The trailer saying Jakob comes from Conquest references how he is from Nohr. It's similar to how the last trailer approached Azura and said she is from Birthright in order to reference how she comes from Hoshido (when you first meet her).

Get hyped.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Oh boy, something tells me the Link x Zelda shipping in BotW will be an even bigger deal than Skyward Sword was.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The thing that definitely intrigues me the most about FE Heroes is the art work and the voice acting.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Tweet from Minecraft's actual creators

"WIP for MCPC 1.12 and MCPE 1.1, based on the new palette. The noise needs some tweaking, but you get the idea"

LOL, it sounds like they just add some noise to their textures to

For some reason Minecraft textures just look better with random/ semi random noise

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The trailer saying Jakob comes from Conquest references how he is from Nohr. It's similar to how the last trailer approached Azura and said she comes from Birthright in order to reference how she comes from Hoshido (when you first meet her).
Ahh, I thought that was showing what games he was from

But anyway since he is shown in the game, Im happy. I love his new art

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Yes it is.

Is there an issue with that?
Not at all, because that is awesome (she is one of my favourite FE characters). People really love cool, green-haired ladies.

According to other people, yes. She's not wearing pants.
Neither does Palutena (who interestingly enough is also another green-haired Nintendo female).

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
According to other people, yes. She's not wearing pants.
Well, maybe her special outfit will be wearing pants

Not at all, because that is awesome (she is one of my favourite FE characters). People really love cool, green-haired ladies.

Neither does Palutena (who interestingly enough is also another green-haired Nintendo female).
She's not wearing underwear either, or a full dress

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What about the gun symbol?
Crime
Contains criminal activity, either by depiction or in interactive form. (Possibly includes illegal activity, dangerous and unlawful behavior, abusive behavior, prostitution, ****, organized crime, and other criminal acts.)
Sexuality
Contains expressions of sexual relations and/or sexual activity. (Possibly includes swimwear or suggestive outfits, exposure of underwear, nudity, suggestive behavior, immoral thoughts, prostitution, sexual contact and/or activities, and other sexual content.)
Violence
Contains violent activity. (Possibly includes fighting, bodily harm and wounding, killing, dismemberment, depiction of corpses, blood and gore, and other violent content.)

Last edited:

Chrono.

Crime
Contains criminal activity, either by depiction or in interactive form. (Possibly includes illegal activity, dangerous and unlawful behavior, abusive behavior, prostitution, ****, organized crime, and other criminal acts.)
Sexuality
Contains expressions of sexual relations and/or sexual activity. (Possibly includes swimwear or suggestive outfits, exposure of underwear, nudity, suggestive behavior, immoral thoughts, prostitution, sexual contact and/or activities, and other sexual content.)
Violence
Contains violent activity. (Possibly includes fighting, bodily harm and wounding, killing, dismemberment, depiction of corpses, blood and gore, and other violent content.)
This really is Zelda GTA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom