• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking up "Marth" on tumblr was my good idea of the day. Plenty of good stuff. And memey stuff

>When your opponent asks where all their stocks went

:061:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm breeding my team from Blue with neutral nature to simulate gen 1 and trying it out in a new game for gen 7. See how well they do

Blastoise is going to do awesome in game if I give him egg moves

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does Nidoqueen Nidoran female pass it's HA to nidoran male?

I want to give nidoran male egg moves

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So, I just cleared the Prison Island Story arc....and I have to say....****'s getting real....I'm undecided if I should continue or go back and explore more of Prison Island...
And as for Metal Face, it seems that he's likely exactly who I thought he'd be....given the exchange between him and Dunban...

Forgot his name though since he was at the very beginning of the game and that was like a millenia ago...

I do have to say......knowing some spoilers ahead of time aren't fun...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I am so sorry for your loss :(

Good news is the game doesn't stop getting better! Or crazier!

Also a poll for y'all
http://www.strawpoll.me/12206777

It's based on how often the members of SMASHboards play SMASH bros.

Why? I have no idea.

:186:
I only really play Smash when friends/family come over.

I love Smash 4, but the single player feels very lacking.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Also a poll for y'all

Why? I have no idea.

Since I never touched Smash in a year, I just picked I never played smash since " I haven't touched the game in a year" isnt an option

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So, I just cleared the Prison Island Story arc....and I have to say....****'s getting real....I'm undecided if I should continue or go back and explore more of Prison Island...
And as for Metal Face, it seems that he's likely exactly who I thought he'd be....given the exchange between him and Dunban...

Forgot his name though since he was at the very beginning of the game and that was like a millenia ago...

I do have to say......knowing some spoilers ahead of time aren't fun...
You should continue.

Prison Island is mostly empty now, but take note of the "unactive machines" there.
Grind to Level 45 to navigate the next location without many problems; the biggest in the game.
And enjoy the glorious power of the Monado II

The name you're looking for is "Mom's Car"

D

Deleted member

http://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo-fans-get-a-possible-godzilla-sighting-1485165880
http://www.technobuffalo.com/2017/0...panese-pre-order-site-goes-down-spawns-trend/
https://www.destructoid.com/godzill...-preordering-the-switch-in-japan-414547.phtml

So uh, how come no one told me about this "Nin Godzilla" thing? :p
I just found out by reading an article in a copy of Tuesday's Wall Street Journal (which the top link has) that we got in my class today.
I just read about this yesterday on WSJ because my mom got me a copy haha

Goddammit I knew I shouldn't have put the option of having never played smash.

I gave hope for maybe people who are only here because a friend invited them and it became the joke option.

And joke options always win. Just ask Thor: The Dark World
:062:

EDIT it lost some points.
That's good

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here's a question.

How do you feel about emulation and ROMs?

Think they're fine? Bad? Does it depend?

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Here's a question.

It all depends. If it's a game you can still legally acquire, then don't emulate it, or at the very least, purchase the game first. I know some games have horrid re-releases.
But for others, go ahead.

For example, since there's no way to legally acquire Chrono Trigger outside of a rare used copy, I'm fine with emulation. But for most of the Final Fantasies, just purchase any of the re-releases, otherwise you're just pirating.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Here's a question.

It depends. If it's something already available, I tend to buy it, especially if the game is or was good when I played it long ago. If it's not available, I don't really see the problem with emulating it. The other thing I don't see a problem about it is if it's a Japanese-only game.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Isn't talking about that stuff an infractionable offense?

im going to sleep anway so I cant give an opinion if it isnt!
:143:
Since I'm talking about attitudes towards it and not saying "Hey man, got any sweet ROMs?"

I think its fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Also a poll for y'all

Why? I have no idea.

Smash? Wut is that? Does it taste good?:awesome:

I do play semi-regularly once or twice a week...I go over to a buddy's house and we have a few rounds...I usually win :p

You should continue.

Prison Island is mostly empty now, but take note of the "unactive machines" there.
Grind to Level 45 to navigate the next location without many problems; the biggest in the game.
And enjoy the glorious power of the Monado II

The name you're looking for is "Mom's Car"
Well I'm at 43 right now so I'm not far off...
'Mom's car'?....I don't know what that is, but I feel like I will when I see it...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Here's a question.

It keeps some games alive and still in the existing world.

Without emulation, games just due without a way to get them back. Especially when Disc Rot exist

Plus I get to play games that companies will never rerelease anyway like X-Men vs Street Fighter, Puyo Puyo Sun/4, Alien Solider, MLB Slugfest, California Speed and arcade Punch Out

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Here's a question.

I never play with emulators and ROMs, due to fear of viruses (I'm paranoid in that regard).

I think they're fine, but I think they should be used as a last resort. I support playing games legally.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Here's a question.

Last resort. I don't mind playing 'em under certain circumstances. It's better than my games freezing and is great for Let's Plays.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699

Also a poll for y'all

Why? I have no idea.

I pay smash at least once a month, lol.
Would be every week, but school lately....even after thesis, it's still being rough.
My history teacher asked me and the other member of the Euro class who takes German if most of the class would pass orals.
We came to the general cosnensus that the answer was no....my german class is a wild meme ride....

aaaarrrgh I don't have another day off for over 3 weeks....uuuuugggghhhhh
Every time I watch the OP for Konosuba S2 it gets exponentially better. I love it. It's like JoJo where you think the next one can't be better, but for the most part is (I say for the most part because Sono Chi No Kioku>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town).

D

Deleted member

Here's a question.

Anything modern is pretty hard to emulate anyway. I just use it to emulate older stuff. The most recent stuff I'll buy is PS2 era games, anything before that I'll just emulate.

Especially since Nintendo does such a poor job at distributing their old games. NES games especially since they should hardly be worth much of anything. $5 especially is a rip off considering I can get X Box 360 and PS3 games for that price now, then again I wouldn't even buy most for 50 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It's weird, I support emulation but hate pirating.

Does that make me somewhat of a hypocrite?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's not against site terms to discuss ROMs/emulators, only to distribute or incite others to access or distribute.

I only would considering seeking one out for very hard to find or expensive games. Or maybe a region-exclusive game for a region-locked console. I rarely use them. Then again, there are very few games I care enough to pirate. Fortunately I'm also privileged enough to share a rather extensive game collection with my family.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's not against the rules but it's completely unethical! I'm sure Taito would care about all the money they lose if I play a rom of Little Samson because buying the actual cartridge to the game is thousands of dollars they don't get

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Emulation can attract people to buy the actual game if possible.
Is like streaming an album in Youtube to check it; I tend to listen the full albums of the bands I follow hours after release on YT to decide if I get the physical CD or not.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
It's weird, I support emulation but hate pirating.

Does that make me somewhat of a hypocrite?
It all depends on the situation.

Emulation isn't inherently bad unless you're emulating a product you can legally acquire. If it's something you can't, like Xmen vs Street Fighter, then it's fair game

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Emulation doesn't generally help to get people to buy the actual game. They already have it, so...

A Let's Play can sometimes help more, or a review. Mostly because they get to experience the game, but not play it. That way, they have to get the game properly to fully experience the game as it was intended(as in them playing it).

This is also why the VC is a legal form of emulation as well. Might as well have people buy the games legally, but still digitally, and enjoy all it has to offer. While some prices can be questionable, keep in mind that they had to run the online without us paying as well as things like licensing.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Emulation can attract people to buy the actual game if possible.
Is like streaming an album in Youtube to check it; I tend to listen the full albums of the bands I follow hours after release on YT to decide if I get the physical CD or not.
Aw damn, looks like nintendo is losing out money from me emulating pokemon Diamond, a game from 11 years ago

But I can understand the issue if it was sun and Moon and people are giving out roms of that, now they are losing money

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's a question.

It depends. While I'm not the kind of person to use unofficial emulators and ROMs, there is a possibility that I end up using them to play games that are either very rare, very expensive, or exclusive to the mostly dead arcade scene.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Aw damn, looks like nintendo is losing out money from me emulating pokemon Diamond, a game from 11 years ago
I actually emulated Platinum before finding an actual copy, it took me 8 damn months but it was worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom