• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Aw damn, looks like nintendo is losing out money from me emulating pokemon Diamond, a game from 11 years ago

But I can understand the issue if it was sun and Moon and people are giving out roms of that, now they are losing money
To be fair, Nintendo alone isn't the issue with Pokemon emulation. More than one company owns it. That's why the legal battles around emulation can be a huge pain, if it's not officially done.

In most cases, it really isn't an issue. If Nintendo doesn't want to properly make it available for us, what do they expect us to do? If it weren't for second-hand stores, tons of games wouldn't be available.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Also a poll for y'all
http://www.strawpoll.me/12206777

It's based on how often the members of SMASHboards play SMASH bros.

Why? I have no idea.

:186:
I usually play Smash Bros at least once a month nowadays. I used to play a lot back around 2015 when the DLC speculation scene was rampant, but nowadays I usually play it once a month - often when my cousin comes over to stay for a night and we have our fighting game night. I have deliberated playing it again with all the Fire Emblem news so I can put some of my amiibo to use.
Here's a question.

How do you feel about emulation and ROMs?

Think they're fine? Bad? Does it depend?
I don't really have a true say in emulation, so I'm fairly neutral to it. However, I am one who prefers to play the games on the system they were originally made for, but I guess nowadays that it'd be easy to try and recreate these games digitally; so I'm slightly against the practice of emulating - but then again, how else would I have been introduced to a game like Live a Live when my sister played it on a computer emulator?

So all in all - a little bit biased against it, but I don't bother with it personally.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
In the latest Pokemon episode...

Team Rocket actually beat Ash in a battle.

Like they straight up won. As in dominated.

They couldn't believe it either.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Man, one game I used toand still do emulate all the time was Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak. I ****ng love that game to death
This is how I first played Eletale Monsters, the Japanese version of Quest 64. I bought EM, of course. Great game. Sadly freezes often when using a Gameshark. I may just buy a Japanese n64, since I don't want to mod my current one.

Ivander

Smash Legend
If I had to be really honest, the only reason why I would like some decent 3DS emulation at some point is because I would have to hope that the Switch's no region locking thing would inspire Nintendo enough to do a 3DS patch that would deal with it's region locking. Otherwise, 2 games I really want will likely remain in Japan only.
Edit: The only other possibility I have would be if the Switch suddenly became backward capable for 3DS and allowed something like what the PSP did, where if you had a JP account, you could get JP games, even if your PSP was American.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mimikyu itself? Adorable.

Jessie's Mimikyu? It's the goddamn DEVIL.
I will contact you after I fully see it. Maybe, maybe not. I only watched dubbed Pokemon anime, bar the sub only episodes, respectively.

Most likely I will agree, but to be fair, I'm weird.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Technically a paraphrase but I'm touched.

That said, I agree with the bulk of your statement. I would like to know, for purpose of collecting your opinion, what parts of the PoR and RD storylines you found more interesting.
Specifically, you could tell other stuff was going on in the background as you were playing through the maps. The dialogue always swung you one way or the other when something would happen. Maybe one of the other armies fighting got a surprise victory or defeat. Maybe another tactic from the opposing army threw off your own army's victory. Fates tried to replicate this some with 'Oh no! You're brother is missing and he's probably dead but oh surprise he really isn't!' which was OK but not in any way interesting.

Even for the more personal stuff. In PoR you could tell there was some definite tension between Ike and Titania but they just barely touched on it. Just enough so that you feel they're real living breathing people that have problems. Titania isn't even all that important of a character in hindsight but that was the beauty of it. Now EVERY BIT of the character development is regulated to support conversations which wouldn't be a problem if they ever communicated again after that S-support point but they just don't.

In Radiant Dawn, as bonkers as it was, the slow involvement of every nation in the war which caused the wrath of the Goddess of Order was really cool. What was once a simple army vs. army game turned into a God vs. Man game. Sure it was alluded to heavily throughout the game that this would happen but it was still a nice surprise to SEE it. Awakening, and to an extent Fates, tried to replicate this but I ultimately felt like those fell flat. Both times the God figures were only used as an excuse to why people were doing bad things. Like Robin stabbing Chrom or everything Garon did.

Ultimately, I feel like the story is better in the Tellius games because you, as a mercenary group, aren't the sole focus of the story. You just do what you're told and of course that does evolve in PoR when Ike gets Ragnell or RD when Ike is one of the chosen.

It also helps that all the characters in the game aren't animu stereotypes. So that's a plus.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I will contact you after I fully see it. Maybe, maybe not. I only watched dubbed Pokemon anime, bar the sub only episodes, respectively.

It's actually straight up murderous.

Like, it tries to kill Pikachu on sight.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Team Rocket confirmed to steal the league title from Ash.
That Mimikyu, man.....the thing is evil.
I mean meowth does imply that mimikyu is a psychopath that wants to brutally murder pikachu so....

D

Deleted member

Let me put it into perspective.

You know how Mimikyu dress up as Pikachu to make friends?
Not this one. It dresses up as one because it's the thing it absolutely hates. So naturally, it will stop at nothing to beat the everloving crap out of Ash's Pikachu. And if this recent episode is anything to go by, even after it beats Pikachu, it will not stop. It wants it DEAD.

Not only that, but the sounds it makes aren't happy little "Mimikyu!"s......they're raspy choking sounds.
And it says **** that's so dark that Meowth outright refuses to translate at times.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's actually straight up murderous.

Like, it tries to kill Pikachu on sight.

Not this one. It dresses up as one because it's the thing it absolutely hates. So naturally, it will stop at nothing to beat the everloving crap out of Ash's Pikachu. And if this recent episode is anything to go by, even after it beats Pikachu, it will not stop. It wants it DEAD.

Not only that, but the sounds it makes aren't happy little "Mimikyu!"s......they're raspy choking sounds.
And it says **** that's so dark that Meowth outright refuses to translate at times.
Gotcha. I definitely don't need to see it to believe it. But yes, regular Mimikyu is so damn adorable. :3

Jessie's... wow. I wonder how the dub will handle this one. XD

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
oh come on, we were all thinking it. even with the wii u gamepad
The Wii U gamepad didn't even actually reach my bathroom

Always disconnected

Even though it's one room over

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I just watched the newest of Pokemon Sun and Moon. Even I was shocked to see Team Rocket finally beating Ash in a Pokemon Battle.

Mimikyu was as memorable as it usually was, but why are none of one you talking about the REAL star of the episode? You know what I mean: Mareanie!

That Pokemon poisoned Ash's Rowlet and followed up with another Spike Cannon so that it would create a smokescreen around Pikachu and Rowlet for Mimikyu to land the finishing blow.

Not to mention this was the best moment from the episode:

Yes, you're not watching this wrong. Mareanie has a crush on James!

This is the third time in the anime a Pokemon has romantic feelings for a main character. First was Chikorita/Bayleef x Ash, then was Meloetta x Ash, and now its Mareanie x James.

Gotta say, I definitely have a more favorable opinion of Mareanie after watching today's episode. It has the potential to be a pretty fun character for episodes to come. I only wonder if it will evolve into a Toxapex later on.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I just watched the newest of Pokemon Sun and Moon. Even I was shocked to see Team Rocket finally beating Ash in a Pokemon Battle.

Mimikyu was as memorable as it usually was, but why are none of one you talking about the REAL star of the episode? You know what I mean: Mareanie!

That Pokemon poisoned Ash's Rowlet and followed up with another Spike Cannon so that it would create a smokescreen around Pikachu and Rowlet for Mimikyu to land the finishing blow.

Not to mention this was the best moment from the episode:

Yes, you're not watching this wrong. Mareanie has a crush on James!

This is the second time in the anime a Pokemon has romantic feelings for a main character. First was Chikorita/Bayleef x Ash, then was Meloetta x Ash, and now its Mareanie x James.

Gotta say, I definitely have a more favorable opinion of Mareanie after watching today's episode. It has the potential to be a pretty fun character for episodes to come. I only wonder if it will evolve into a Toxapex later on.
Oh, I GOTTA see this.

*watches embedded video*

I feel bad for James. This is the. . .third? Pokemon that constantly latches onto his face, and this time he's being actively poisoned. Every time he has a Pokemon that does this it's only because they love him though, it just seems that the kind of love this time around is a bit. . .different.

That and Mareanie is seemingly deliberately trying to make James look like another of it's own species after it saw it happen the first time. Apparently he cleans up nicely as a starfish.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Jesus christ, at this rare gen 8 needs a happyness evolution for the guy

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Losing to Alain threw off Ash's game HARD.

All because :4greninja: choked harder than Ash's :4charizard: did.

Specifically, you could tell other stuff was going on in the background as you were playing through the maps. The dialogue always swung you one way or the other when something would happen. Maybe one of the other armies fighting got a surprise victory or defeat. Maybe another tactic from the opposing army threw off your own army's victory. Fates tried to replicate this some with 'Oh no! You're brother is missing and he's probably dead but oh surprise he really isn't!' which was OK but not in any way interesting.

Even for the more personal stuff. In PoR you could tell there was some definite tension between Ike and Titania but they just barely touched on it. Just enough so that you feel they're real living breathing people that have problems. Titania isn't even all that important of a character in hindsight but that was the beauty of it. Now EVERY BIT of the character development is regulated to support conversations which wouldn't be a problem if they ever communicated again after that S-support point but they just don't.

In Radiant Dawn, as bonkers as it was, the slow involvement of every nation in the war which caused the wrath of the Goddess of Order was really cool. What was once a simple army vs. army game turned into a God vs. Man game. Sure it was alluded to heavily throughout the game that this would happen but it was still a nice surprise to SEE it. Awakening, and to an extent Fates, tried to replicate this but I ultimately felt like those fell flat. Both times the God figures were only used as an excuse to why people were doing bad things. Like Robin stabbing Chrom or everything Garon did.

Ultimately, I feel like the story is better in the Tellius games because you, as a mercenary group, aren't the sole focus of the story. You just do what you're told and of course that does evolve in PoR when Ike gets Ragnell or RD when Ike is one of the chosen.

It also helps that all the characters in the game aren't animu stereotypes. So that's a plus.
To bad that's only m the last third of the game since the rest is dealing with Michaiah and her bad decisions.

And yet still wasn't garbage as Azura and her magic orb

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Oh, I GOTTA see this.

*watches embedded video*

I feel bad for James. This is the. . .third? Pokemon that constantly latches onto his face, and this time he's being actively poisoned. Every time he has a Pokemon that does this it's only because they love him though, it just seems that the kind of love this time around is a bit. . .different. That and Mareanie is seemingly deliberately trying to make James look like another of it's own species after it saw it happen the first time.
Fourth.
  • Victreebell
  • Cacnea
  • Carnivine
  • Mareanie
Actually, Mareanie is the 5th time a Pokemon constantly hurts or affectionately latches onto James in some way. In addition to the four listed, there was also Chimecho during Advanced (it didn't hurt James, but it did wrap its tail around his eyes almost every time it was summoned)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh, I GOTTA see this.

*watches embedded video*

I feel bad for James. This is the. . .third? Pokemon that constantly latches onto his face, and this time he's being actively poisoned. Every time he has a Pokemon that does this it's only because they love him though, it just seems that the kind of love this time around is a bit. . .different.

That and Mareanie is seemingly deliberately trying to make James look like another of it's own species after it saw it happen the first time. Apparently he cleans up nicely as a starfish.
IT's more proof James is a Pokémon master. Think about it, he's always Nice to his mons and doesnt even have to battle them most of the time, They willingly join him

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Fourth.

• Victreebell
  • Cacnea
  • Carnivine
  • Mareanie
I knew I was missing one, just couldn't place the gen. Turns out it was Cacnea I forgot, but I remember it now.

He's finally breaking the Grass type trend, though. Not that what he graduated to is any better for his face.

IT's more proof James is a Pokémon master. Think about it, he's always Nice to his mons and doesnt even have to battle them most of the time, They willingly join him
Actually. . .that does make sense. Even if he leaves a Pokemon for a long time they still love him to death.

He just has the bad luck of repeatedly charming Pokemon that have rather painful ways of expressing their affection to him. The actual rate of affection is pretty impressive.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I can't think of a Pokemon he had that he didn't befriend outside of the Unova mons that were given to him.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So... how about we come up with a name for Mareanie x James?

I was thinking PoisonShipping because of Mareanie's Poison-typing and how its affection originally stemmed from useing its poison to make James's face resemble that of the Pokemon, but I'm not sure if this name was already taken.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Imagine if his Mareanie evolves?
It would be hilariously brutal.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
With stuff like nightmare-fuel Mimikyu and Team Rocket actually beating Ash for the first time (and well deserved) - I could very well pick up watching this here Sun/Moon Anime season. I stopped following it sometime during the Diamond and Pearl arc, and skipped the Black and White and XY & Z series, but maybe if I find them to be entertaining again, I could stay aboard for a little while longer.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

pls

don do et
I mean, if none of us will name it, I'm sure someone elsewhere on the web will do the job instead.

I don't even know the name for Chikorita x Ash, but I do know Meloetta x Ash has a name: MelodyShipping RelicSongShipping;

EDIT: I just found out that the actual name for Meloetta x Ash is RelicSongShipping. Could've sworn it was called MelodyShipping, but oh well.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I mean, if none of us will name it, I'm sure someone elsewhere on the web will do the job instead.

I don't even know the name for Chikorita x Ash, but I do know Meloetta x Ash has a name: MelodyShipping RelicSongShipping;

EDIT: I just found out the actual name for Meloetta x Ash isn't MelodyShipping.
Jameanie? Think that'll work as a name for this possible ship? Now I might try to find a Mareanie for myself now...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, late as all hell but considering I just bought it- there's my excuse. Moving along.

Beat GTA 5's Single Player. It was alright. I think the only reason I'd go through it all again is just to go through the Trevor lines again. :laugh:

But yeah, good game. Lots if **** to do. Wish it'd quit shutting off my console but its alright. Tomorrow I'm gonna grab something new. If you guys got ANY Xbox One reccommendations- speak now.

EDIT: This is what I got now.

Halo: MC Collection
Skyrim: Remastered
Doom
GTA 5

Looking for good solo play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom