• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switch-pro-controller-goes-up-for-sale-se/1100-6447257/

Apparently the Switch Pro Controller sold out in less than half an hour on Amazon yesterday when they just put it up.
I'm waiting for the headphone jack.
Which won't ever come.
Poo.
****, Joy cons cost 79.99 omg
Also another nope for me.
Should I preorder the charging grip, though? I feel like it'd almost be too useful to not have it. Should have been packed with the Switch in the first place.
Gah, now I'm thinking I used too many words in my question.

What would be a good Switch game to pick up early on?

The vast majority of ports would be completely new to me, already preordered Zelda.
Probably Super Bomberman R or Snipperclips, if you're looking for March games. I'll probably get those games somewhere around when they release, but I'm in no rush to preorder either of them.
I'll probably be content with Zelda for a few weeks, anyway. :)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Also another nope for me.
Should I preorder the charging grip, though? I feel like it'd almost be too useful to not have it. Should have been packed with the Switch in the first place.
hm well if its usefull for you But I dont plan on buying it for a while
What would be a good Switch game to pick up early on?
Taiko if it has good Japanese songs

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'll buy joycons at $80 if they release an atomic purple color. But that's my only exception

D

Deleted member

Perceval just attacked my units and then decided to **** off
Wise decision because I don't want to be near a 51% crit from an Iron Sword
No, seriously, Rutger is gdtting 51% crit with and IRON SWORD
And with the Wo Dao? 91 ****ING PERCENT

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well, Disgaea 5 is fun if you enjoy Tactical JRPGs
So Disgaea's kinda in the same genre as Fire Emblem then? I'm guessing my enjoyment would probably depend on how much personality the characters have. Fortunately I've heard VERY good things in that regard, so I'm at least open to hearing more. Is there anything in more detail you're willing to mention about it?

Puyo Puyo Tetris brah, I Am Setsuna is a good game I hear, as is Binding of Isaac and Disgaea 5 is anime in all the right places.
I feel like the first would fall outside of my genre preferences and the third would fall outside my tone preferences, but haven't looked into the second much at all and have been thinking for a bit that I should ask about it. It's an RPG, right? What's it about?

Also I see you edited in Disgaea while I was typing, heheh.

*click* Well it seems like Disgaea 5 Complete isn't rated yet. Guess I'll check the rating of the original. *click* Wikipedia's still using Rating Pending box art? *click* OK, so it's rated T.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So Disgaea's kinda in the same genre as Fire Emblem then? I'm guessing my enjoyment would probably depend on how much personality the characters have. Fortunately I've heard VERY good things in that regard, so I'm at least open to hearing more. Is there anything in more detail you're willing to mention about it?

I feel like the first would fall outside of my genre preferences and the third would fall outside my tone preferences, but haven't looked into the second much at all and have been thinking for a bit that I should ask about it. It's an RPG, right? What's it about?

*click* Well it seems like Disgaea 5 Complete isn't rated yet. Guess I'll check the rating of the original. *click* Wikipedia's still using Rating Pending box art? *click* OK, so it's rated T.
Nah Disgaea is more like Final Fantasy Tactics .

Does he have supports?

Rutger is crazy in this game, esecially with them.
so is dieck
:061:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Nah Disgaea is more like Final Fantasy Tactics .
Well I figured that every time I say something like that I end up being wrong. And I do know that the playing field looks different enough that it has to play at least rather different.

I haven't played Final Fantasy Tactics, though, so I don't really have as much of a frame of reference. How does it work?

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

It's a super anime game full of anime tropes. If you're a mega weeb, you'll get the most enjoyment out of it. If not, it's still a fun game with colorful characters and flashy attacks. And if you love seeing huge numbers, it's the game for you. Disgaea is notorious for it's lvl 9999 level cap, which if you hit, you can reincarnate and reach all over again, but stronger.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
It's a super anime game full of anime tropes. If you're a mega weeb, you'll get the most enjoyment out of it. If not, it's still a fun game with colorful characters and flashy attacks. And if you love seeing huge numbers, it's the game for you. Disgaea is notorious for it's lvl 9999 level cap, which if you hit, you can reincarnate and reach all over again, but stronger.
On that note, I should buy that lol.
What is the best version?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I don't even know if I like seeing huge numbers because I don't think I've ever played a game where player levels went past 100, LOL. It would definitely be interesting to see numbers like that, though.

I can definitely say that out of the current selection that this is one of the games I'm more curious about. Hopefully I can get myself to look into it a bit more, although since it's a tactical game then it sounds like it's probably a genre that wouldn't present as well in gameplay footage as it would actually playing it.

I should probably go check the TV Tropes page for it. Most of what little I know about Disgaea in general is from seeing it pop up on trope pages there, with some Saltybet Prinny voice clip action spiced in. So basically "dood" and something about one of the previous Disgaea games having a, uh. . .interesting component in a frankenstein's monster-ish zombie. That you can steal. And equip.

So I can see there's enough promise to at least learn more about it.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
On that note, I should buy that lol.
What is the best version?
Well, since the only one on Switch is Disgaea 5, that one. If you mean in general though. All the main series games are pretty good along with their re-releases. There's also some spin-off games on the DS, but I'm not sure how good those are.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Nintendo supports playing the Switch while taking a dump (yes, this is an OFFICIAL commercial)

Wasn't that one of the main things people were complaining about with the original Switch trailer? Saying all the situations were unrealistic and specifically citing the bathroom as what really should have been shown?

People may not have been serious, but they ASKED for this. I hope they're happy right now, LOL.

D

Deleted member

Does he have supports?

Rutger is crazy in this game, esecially with them.
so is dieck
Yeah, with Clarine, just got A-Rank
Dieck is still alone but that's mostly because I don't know who can support with him
Main party is basically like this:
(El)Roy+Lilina("I wish you two were your fathers but I'll make it work" couple)
Lugh+Raigh("Gonna get revenge for Lucius and Nino" brothers)
Rutger+Clarine("ow the edge")
Allen(Red Paladin looks GUREAITO)
Dieck(This guy wasn't even balanced)
Lalum(Worst Dancer I ever used, but she's still a Dancer so...)
Astore(why would you ever use Chad, just look at this guy)
Merlinus(I liked him in FE7 better, here he hust seems to show up every now and then to play the Bad Cop to Roy's Good Cop but it's not like they need it)

Gets in if there are slots:
Echidna(only good Axe user in this game)
Klain(ditto but for Bows)
Saul(Backup healing is always nice)
Sue(trying to get the Sacae route because I hear it's better than the Ilia one)
Milady(slow, blind and weak but so are other Wyverns so she can take care of those pesky fliers, thinking about early promoting her since I have TWO of those)

I'm gonna need a lot of Guiding Rings, please tell me I get three more of it

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, with Clarine, just got A-Rank
Dieck is still alone but that's mostly because I don't know who can support wifh him
Clarine AND rutger can

Take an already crazy Hero and have him paired with a bat**** insane swordmaster and a competent troubador

It's really silly
Oh and their supports are good too.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nintendo supports playing the Switch while taking a dump (yes, this is an OFFICIAL commercial)

Play on the toilet, play in class.

Nintendo not giving a **** about morals or hygiene. And it's amazing (plus more accurate than 90% of the situations in the initial trailer).

D

Deleted member

Clarine AND rutger can

Take an already crazy Hero and have him paired with a bat**** insane swordmaster and a competent troubador

It's really silly
Oh and their supports are good too.
My headcanon now is that Dieck is the third wheel of that relationship
Every couple needs one
And Roy and Lillina would have one if Wolt wasn't benched

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Play on the toilet, play in class.

Nintendo not giving a **** about morals or hygiene. And it's amazing (plus more accurate than 90% of the situations in the initial trailer).
To this day I've still never been invited to a rooftop party.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I don't even know if I like seeing huge numbers because I don't think I've ever played a game where player levels went past 100, LOL. It would definitely be interesting to see numbers like that, though.

I can definitely say that out of the current selection that this is one of the games I'm more curious about. Hopefully I can get myself to look into it a bit more, although since it's a tactical game then it sounds like it's probably a genre that wouldn't present as well in gameplay footage as it would actually playing it.

I should probably go check the TV Tropes page for it. Most of what little I know about Disgaea in general is from seeing it pop up on trope pages there, with some Saltybet Prinny voice clip action spiced in. So basically "dood" and something about one of the previous Disgaea games having a, uh. . .interesting component in a frankenstein's monster-ish zombie. That you can steal. And equip.

So I can see there's enough promise to at least learn more about it.
You can still get an idea of how zany it is through gameplay videos though

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You can still get an idea of how zany it is through gameplay videos though
Alright, four minutes? I'll definitely watch this, then.

*watches*

Do you get possible party members from a number of the enemy classes or something?

LOL that animation at the end though. Up until then the attacks were mildly flashy but not really notably so, and then everything just shot up to eleven at the last second. That was amazing.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

*watches*

Do you get possible party members from a number of the enemy classes or something?

LOL that animation at the end though. Up until then the attacks were mildly flashy but not really notably so, and then everything just shot up to eleven at the last second.
Yeah, you can get party members from enemy classes, and some once enemies join.

iirc, you can pick up enemies, and toss them all the way back to your spawn and force them to be allies (at least, I know you could do that in 1 or 3, haven't tried in 5)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
RE7 is shooting my insectphobia through the roof

*watches*

LOL that animation at the end though. Up until then the attacks were mildly flashy but not really notably so, and then everything just shot up to eleven at the last second. That was amazing.
If you wanna watch a playthrough of it, look up Sirlionhart playing Disgaea 5 Alliance of Vengeance

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Yeah, you can get party members from enemy classes, and some once enemies join.

iirc, you can pick up enemies, and toss them all the way back to your spawn and force them to be allies (at least, I know you could do that in 1 or 3, haven't tried in 5)
That dragon they were fighting in the first half looks like the kinda thing I'd want to recruit/drag by the tail back to my spawn point if I could. I like it aesthetically better than the bear they were using.

"Alright, I punched you in the head, so that means we all get to be bros now whether you like it or not!"

"But I don't want to b-"

"WE'RE BROS NOW."

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
To this day I've still never been invited to a rooftop party.
Aw, really? You're missing out. My favourite part is when I look out the window and somehow it's all my ****ing friends on the roof next to me, wanting me to end their laughing, dancing, drinking, socializing and general merriment by forcing them all to watch only me and one other ***** play a Mario game on a tiny-ass screen. It's literally the best.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Welp... remember that dutch retailer who supposedly leaked the port/new Smash Bros? Looks like it got taken down now and the game is no longer up:

http://m.intertoys.nl/m20/games/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-games

Then again, I am not surprised; either it was leaked by mistake, or the retailer went on with the hype that one was coming and put up the game because of that. Personally, I want it to be the former, but that's just me.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
A female pokemon has an 80% chance of passing down it's ability. Even when it is breed with a ditto.

I want the OTHER ability...

I breed for a long time hoping to get it.

...I could have used an ability capsule

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Gotta love that FE6 30% crit bonus for Swordmasters and Berserkers. :D

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
My LEGO Dimensions save got corrupted.

Really bummed about it, considering all the stuff you can do in that game, that's several hours out the window.

:ohwell:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
WiiU version of Lego Dimensions throws a wrench into that dream.
On one hand I feel embarrassed because I somehow completely forgot there was a Wii U version of Dimensions.

On the other hand holy **** Chell is technically eligible for Smash. :p

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Welp... remember that dutch retailer who supposedly leaked the port/new Smash Bros? Looks like it got taken down now and the game is no longer up:

http://m.intertoys.nl/m20/games/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-games

Then again, I am not surprised; either it was leaked by mistake, or the retailer went on with the hype that one was coming and put up the game because of that. Personally, I want it to be the former, but that's just me.
Chances are that he got fired like the terrible translator from the Switch event.

I know, I know. Too soon.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So here's a neat what-if.

In the future, you help Sakurai pick the roster for an upcoming Smash game. You get your perfect Smash...with one catch.

You must also choose five third party characters that, while still video game characters by origin, have never appeared on a Nintendo console.

Which five video game characters do you pick, assuming "none" is not a viable answer?
  • Master Chief
  • P5 Protagonist
  • Kyo Kusanagi
  • Kratos
  • Forza Motorsport/ Horizon Car :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom