• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
So here's a neat what-if.

In the future, you help Sakurai pick the roster for an upcoming Smash game. You get your perfect Smash...with one catch.

You must also choose five third party characters that, while still video game characters by origin, have never appeared on a Nintendo console.

Which five video game characters do you pick, assuming "none" is not a viable answer?
Well well well.....that just makes my perfect Smash game, even more perfect!!!! =D

• Rayman
  • Dante (edit: PXZ2 -.-)
ok so
>Master Chief

>The Nurse - Dead by Daylight

>YoRHa No2 Type B - Nier Automata

Aragami - Aragami

Icey - ICEY

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
5 Characters that never appeared on a Nintendo console:

(I tried to pick "different" characters.)

Papyrus: (Nyeh heh heh!)
Guybrush Threepwood: Smash needs more pirates, crocks or otherwise.
Downwell Guy: Because Quote was on Nintendo consoles.
Yooka and Laylee: Loopholes, and we can't have Banjo and Kazooie.
William Adams: Nioh's main character. R.I.P the Takamaru dream.

D

Deleted member

Cloud did appear on Nintendo hardware though. Chain of Memories

Dunno about Sephiroth though. I know he appeared in FF Tactics, but I don't think that ever re-released on Nintendo.
Yeah, I recall that. It's just that I knew that Sephiroth didn't appear in it.

Nope, tactics hasn't. But now I remember that I need to play that game.

LOL Halo DS
That's unreleased though, the farthest it got was a tech demo as a concept. It didn't even use a halo engine, it was an idea thrown by a third party, they used the goldeneye engine. It was an idea they pitched to microsoft/bungie basically.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So, here's a question.

What are some first/second party Nintendo games that aren't practically guaranteed to be on the Switch that you feel would be incredible additions to the Switch's library at some point?

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

In the future, you help Sakurai pick the roster for an upcoming Smash game. You get your perfect Smash...with one catch.

You must also choose five third party characters that, while still video game characters by origin, have never appeared on a Nintendo console.

Which five video game characters do you pick, assuming "none" is not a viable answer?
Sans
Master chief
Cole MacGrath
Nathan Drake
Kratos

So yeah mainly playstation guys but who cares there's so many good characters to pick from

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Production's started on Black Panther

https://news.marvel.com/movies/58647/marvel-studios-begins-production-black-panther-2/

That URL though

There was a problem fetching the tweet
MOTHER OF GOD
THEY'RE LEARNING
Skynet

So, here's a question.

What are some first/second party Nintendo games that aren't practically guaranteed to be on the Switch that you feel would be incredible additions to the Switch's library at some point?
Wonderful 101
F-Zero

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
No, it's all in a matter of opinion.
I'm not sure. I've never been able to tell what people consider to be cheesy voice. Could be because I'm not a native speaker, but there are other non-native speakers here so I dunno.

So, here's a question.

At this point... Metroid.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So, here's a question.

Do I even need to say it?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, here's a question.

Considering Pokémon and Smash are basically guaranteed at some point and everything else I'd care about minus the following is confirmed...

A new Punch-Out!! game. Please Nintendo.

D

Deleted member

Heavy Weapons Guy
Freddy Fazbear/Springtrap (whichever)
Yandere-Chan
Goat
Pepsiman (SCREW THE RULES)

It takes an impressive amount of pessimism to believe metroid isnt coming to switch IMO
That is a huge ammount of games.

I'd love to just sift through them and play them one by one.
And then you realize 600 of them are shovelware tiles :troll:

and one of them is Other M
:061:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's unreleased though, the farthest it got was a tech demo as a concept. It didn't even use a halo engine, it was an idea thrown by a third party, they used the goldeneye engine. It was an idea they pitched to microsoft/bungie basically.
In fact, here's some videos showcasing it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-StVwe2D39k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afkFr_WIpHQ
Again, these were pitched to Microsoft and Bungie.

And here's IGN playing it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX9FO2p7qWw

What is with these obscure *** side games.
Yeah, that's why I couldn't even add some characters even as joke votes because there's some obscure ports.(Some I even owned like Star Wars: The Force Unleashed for DS.)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Hmm....

Bubs- Sorry

Papyrus (Undertale)
Neptune (HyperDimension Neptunia)
Kratos (God of War)
Heavy Weapons Guy (Team Fortress 2)
Someone from the Persona series

Yeah, I think that's a decent list.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So, here's a question.

hhmm lets see Animal Crossing, Profesor layton, Persona.

Story of Seasons is already confirmed, Taiko is already confirmed, SMT is already confirmed
With those three confirmed I'm already at peak happiness
Persona 3 and 4 characters were on 3DS

You mean someone from Persona 5?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hmm....

Bubs- Sorry

Papyrus (Undertale)
Neptune (HyperDimension Neptunia)
Kratos (God of War)
Heavy Weapons Guy (Team Fortress 2)

Yeah, I think that's a decent list.
It'd have to be someone from Persona 5, due to that Mystery dungeon type game on 3DS.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know what's a nice surprise? When you open an old save file and see one of those delivery people standing in a pokecenter

and they give you an arceus

In fact, here's some videos showcasing it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-StVwe2D39k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afkFr_WIpHQ
Again, these were pitched to Microsoft and Bungie.

And here's IGN playing it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX9FO2p7qWw

Yeah, that's why I couldn't even add some characters even as joke votes because there's some obscure ports.(Some I even owned like Star Wars: The Force Unleashed for DS.)
I know, I just think it's hilarious it even exists

Watching Star/Ster stream of For Honor (Ubisoft's Knights VS Samurai VS Vikings game)

**** this game looks fun. Why couldn't it have come to the switch somehow?
:061:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Cloud did appear on Nintendo hardware though. Chain of Memories

Dunno about Sephiroth though. I know he appeared in FF Tactics, but I don't think that ever re-released on Nintendo.
Both of them were in Theatrhythm for 3DS before Smash actually.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone have the 3 musketeer beasts and keldeo?

They are the only legendaries I don't have

I can't do anything right now.

But later I can clone them and send them back

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So, here's a question.

Either a port of Kid Icarus: Uprising or a sequel.

I would also love a new Donkey Kong game, Tropical Freeze is one of the best platformers of this generation.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wonder if I can just clone my arceus and trade it for the musketeers online

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

My choices would probably include:'

1: Master Chief from Halo because of Halo being one of the most recognisable FPS games and one of Microsoft's biggest gaming IPs.

2: Tracer from Overwatch to showcase the innovation Blizzard has brought into the 'Hero Shooter' sub-genre of games

3: Heavy Weapons Guy from Team Fortress 2 for Valve's dedication to developing PC games

4: Reimu Hakurei from Touhou (Though this is incredibly unrealistic for a number of reasons - ZUN would probably be restrictive on letting his series appear in Smash. Further, Touhou is a dōjin series - so kinda like Japanese indie games, and while Touhou still holds some popularity in the West and back home (and doesn't rely on tasteless concepts for a game and fan servicey designs like Kantai Collection), she may be a bit obscure for a casual audience that Smash Bros is aimed at. Lastly there is a game on Nintendo Consoles - 'Taiko no Tatsujin: Dokodon! Mystery Adventure' in which Reimu appears alongside other Touhou faves such as Sakuya and Marisa - so this kinda marks their debut on a Nintendo platform, but it's not for the series in which she's the main protagonist of; so I think she may be out of the ruling)
The Touhou series is largely on PC, so if we were to not count that Taiko no Tatsujin game, then Reimu might be viable.

5: A Sony character - I'd probably go with Ratchet & Clank - one of my favourite Sony heroes since I started playing the games on PS2. He's had plenty of experience in a fighting game environment (AKA PSASBR), and with all his crazy gadgets and weapons, I think Ratchet could work well if they brought him to Smash.

This is really trying to cover a large variety of bases, and at least 4 of these characters are ones that can be instantly recognised by the casual audience, say maybe an 8-12 year old when they see Tracer, Ratchet or Master Chief in Smash. Plenty of hype and respect to draw from. Reimu would probably get laughed at by the more diehard Nintendo audiences like 'Ugh, they brought in some weird floaty anime girl... SHE HAS BARE ARMPITS CENSOR THEM FOR teh Babies!' Then comes Heavy yelling, "Entire fanbase is babies...!" and mows them all down with Sasha.

That's the best I can think of.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
So, here's a question.

Metroid, Kid Icarus, 3D DK, 3D Kirby,Luigi's Mansion, WarioLand errrrrm..... Smash 5.

Still surprised we have news of Xenoblade and Fire Emblem getting new games on the switch already.

RPG's for the win.
Wario Land and proper RPG Paper Mario.
I'd buy a new Wario Land , even if it's eshop-budget title, over Mario Odyssey.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1) Heavy Weapons Guy
2) Freddy Fazbear/ or Springtrap (Hear me out, Springtrap is actually a character with real development in the series while Freddy is LITERALLY just a mascot. But he's also the star mascot.
3) Papyrus and Sans!
4) Master Chief
5) Juliet from Lollipop Chainsaw

I wanted to say Steve? from Minecraft but just recently he has appeared on Nintendo consoles.

I also wanted to say Crash Bandicoot but I THINK he's been on Nintendo consoles

D

Deleted member

1) Heavy Weapons Guy
2) Freddy Fazbear/ or Springtrap (Hear me out, Springtrap is actually a character with real development in the series while Freddy is LITERALLY just a mascot. But he's also the star mascot.
3) Papyrus and Sans!
4) Master Chief

I wanted to say Steve? from Minecraft but just recently he has appeared on Nintendo consoles.

Lol, you literally have the same exact top two places I put.
Even down to having either Freddy or Springtrap.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
That feeling (yes, I seem to have quite a lot of these moments) when you're still questioning why Smash Run was never on the Wii U version of Smash when it would of make so much more sense then Smash Tour, a Mario Party themed game that should of either been on the 3DS version or been included with Smash Run on the Wii U version.

Honestly, if I had to have a specific request on a game-mode that should be in the theoretical port for the Switch, it would definitely be Smash Run. Maybe add in some new enemies and some new maps, along with custom settings, and you have a great game mode.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
That feeling (yes, I seem to have quite a lot of these moments) when you're still questioning why Smash Run was never on the Wii U version of Smash when it would of make so much more sense then Smash Tour, a Mario Party based game that should of either been on the 3DS version or been included with Smash Run.

Honestly, if I had to have a specific request on a game-mode that should be in the theoretical port for the Switch, its Smash Run. Maybe add in some new enemies and some new maps, along with custom settings, and you have a great game mode.
They both make equal sense to be on both versions to me...
Smash Tour shouldn't be a thing tho. :p

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Lol, you literally have the same exact top two places I put.
Even down to having either Freddy or Springtrap.
I just kind of put them down in the order they came to me rather than which ones I want most, although it's probably accurate to that/

But that's weird. I was just going to put down Freddy but I realized after writing that Springtrap might be appropriate.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
1) Heavy Weapons Guy
3) Papyrus and Sans!
4) Master Chief

IIRC Wrath of Cortex, Twinsanity, some of the racing games, and the Activision titles were on GameCube and Wii, with a few GBA titles as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom