• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I don't think any of us expected her to be this omnipresent character, but I do agree that as she is (and the Aether Foundation as a whole), we don't see her as much as you'd expect from the advertising. We only see her once before the big plot twist happens, and when it happens she goes immediately from 'nice woman with some shadiness" to "outright insane" with little in-between, so the twist doesn't hit you as hard as it could've since you don't really get to know her before the sanity slip. I think she and the Foundation would've benefitted more from being seen around the region since in that case, we can see more of her and get used to her before the twist hits us in the face and surprises us, and we can see what good (and maybe bad) the Aether Foundation is doing in the region. It would've gave her and the foundation a larger pedestal to fall from and it would've made their presence in the region more prominent.

Guzma, I do agree that his relationship with Kukui isn't too important in the scheme of things, but similar to Lusamine, he doesn't get a lot of time to himself before the big twist as we only see him once we get to the third island. I think he could've had one appearance on the second island, even if it's just something brief for him.
Yeah, but honestly, Pokemon games in general have a problem when it come to storytelling. Even the one with the best story, they are always that feeling of, "man, it's cool but it could be so much better!"
But I guess that, when you have game with so much content as Pokemon, the dev have to put their effort more on the gameplay than the story.
Oh well, atleast, we get our boy Guzma.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Alright, here's my new Estimated Top 10 FE character votes (with the combined votes from multiple character ballots)

1. Ike
  2. Roy
  3. Marth
  4. Vector
  5. Chrom
  6. Ephraim
  7. Robin
  8. Taking
  9. Donnel
  10. Henry

1. Lyn
  2. Lucian
  3. Tharaja
  4. Tiki
  5. Camilla
  6. Corrin
  7. Anna
  8. Eirika
  9. Cordelia
  10. Azura

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Bit of an odd question, but is there anyone here who might be able to help with an issue my mom is having with Windows 10 and printers?

Any time she tries to print something, the document is successfully printed but it ends up getting stuck in the print queue. I can fix it by restarting and clearing the print spooler but it seems a bit silly to have to do that every time.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Quoting, redfeatherraven redfeatherraven here.

Real talk.

There are real live human beings I would fistfight to see Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn remade.
Technically a paraphrase but I'm touched.

That said, I agree with the bulk of your statement. I would like to know, for purpose of collecting your opinion, what parts of the PoR and RD storylines you found more interesting.

Also know as "Let's blame Japan for everything again" or alternatively "Why the **** did Snake and Banjo has less votes than Goku"
Snake? Banjo? Goku?

I'm wondering where Shrek and Corey placed.

People got together and said "This is okay"
<let's just snip out this video part>
They all asked if they could do it, but no one asked if they should do it.
You know what?

I'd honestly be completely okay with this if she just didn't talk.

Ever.

SE/Marvel announcement was this.
Don't know what I expected, but this wasn't it. Interesting.

I'll look forward to seeing more about it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
New Mario sports trailer for the baseball game for anyone interested:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Alright, here's my new Estimated Top 10 FE character votes (with the combined votes from multiple character ballots)

1. Ike
  2. Roy
  3. Marth
  4. Vector
  5. Chrom
  6. Ephraim
  7. Robin
  8. Taking
  9. Donnel
  10. Henry

1. Lyn
  2. Lucian
  3. Tharaja
  4. Tiki
  5. Camilla
  6. Corrin
  7. Anna
  8. Eirika
  9. Cordelia
  10. Azura
IMO Marth's second placement is too low to bump him over Chrom by combining them. It's one thing to have 1 and 5 solidify Ike at the top, but six plus thirteen shouldn't bump Marth up to fourth.

D

Deleted member

Holy **** the transition sound in TheQuarterGuy's countdowns comes from Jojo
IMO Marth's second placement is too low to bump him over Chrom by combining them. It's one thing to have 1 and 5 solidify Ike at the top, but six plus thirteen shouldn't bump Marth up to fourth.
Besides, there's the possibility that everyone that voted for RD!Ike also voted for PoR!Ike
It's not just "PoR+RD" as we've seen lotd of people in this ver thread voting for both

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
New Mario sports trailer for the baseball game for anyone interested:
not gonna lie im honestly suprised theres 2 characters we dont know about and that they arnt defaulting to adding in toad/ette to fill the roster space

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
not gonna lie im honestly suprised theres 2 characters we dont know about and that they arnt defaulting to adding in toad/ette to fill the roster space
Yeah, the flying squirrel Toad was a neat addition to see.

Now for those who like the Dorky pokemon stuff, their newest video is also pretty good:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Bit of an odd question, but is there anyone here who might be able to help with an issue my mom is having with Windows 10 and printers?

Any time she tries to print something, the document is successfully printed but it ends up getting stuck in the print queue. I can fix it by restarting and clearing the print spooler but it seems a bit silly to have to do that every time.
Well, theirs your problem your using Windows 10.

Now watch as I beat this dead joke into fine powder :evil:

Mwahahahahahahahaha!!

Also anyone else noticed that Minecraft isn't on the 3DS yet, Microsoft should really get to porting it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Mythra Mythra praline praline want some cute. This is for the SM Anniversary thats happening right now
View attachment 125361
They're throwing the house through the window with this anniversary :yeahboi: ; they better do more collabs.

According to serebii, Pokémon Company has banned 5,954 people who been using altered saved data (and will continue to hunt more). Ban includes you can't Game Sync, entering rating battles, battle competitions, and global missions. If you get a 090-0212 error message, you're a victim.
Having hacked mon obtained from trades count as altered save data?
Because Im sure I got like 3-5 of them sitting in my PC thanks to X-Mas WonderTrade. :p

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

since I have no idea what is going on there, I thing restarting is really the only soution unless someone more tech savy can come up with a solution

Maybe the printer just isnt working right and you need a new one if it does that all the time.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It could but I could see an argument for it.

I think Marth would be tied with Chrom however Hector would do it in better than both

Now the female cast, Tiki has three options one of which could bump her up and same with Anna just due to how their Awakening counterparts made the top 15 by sheer force and popularity.

Also I wanted to do a Top 20 but but I didn't know how much Mia, Nephenee and others would be affected by it and who could jump. The Males would had Soren and Black Knight jump and knock Corrin into #20

Fire Emblem is making some strange decisions as of late.
Gareth stop shilling your damn channel and go back to being a family man

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Here's my updated Fire Emblem Battle Ballot:

Yep, you're not seeing this wrong. I voted for a Nohrian this time, and he's probably going to be the only Nohrian I'll vote for. Laslow is easily my favorite Nohrian in the game. I liked Inigo in Awakening (mostly because he's secretly shy, and I'm more attached to shy characters due to reliability reasons), but I will admit that he had some immature moments. With Fates, he is the only character of the Awakening trio that I think really matured the most. He's still flirty, but he isn't as childish about it as he was in the past. He has many great supports, displays a great dynamic with Xander, and even leaves some pretty great quotes. This one is my favorite:

"I know I always said to keep on smiling. But sometimes it's fine to drop it if it feels like an act... Let me share one of my secrets. If battle is turning against me... And I can't smile? I laugh. A lot. It really confuses the enemy. Then I get the upper hand, and I'm smiling again before I know it!"

This is the character that reminds me how a smile can change things for the better.

He also has one of the saddest death quotes in all of Fates, alongside Hinata's in Conquest. Killing Laslow in Birthright Chapter 26 was painful.:(

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So here's a neat what-if.

In the future, you help Sakurai pick the roster for an upcoming Smash game. You get your perfect Smash...with one catch.

You must also choose five third party characters that, while still video game characters by origin, have never appeared on a Nintendo console.

Which five video game characters do you pick, assuming "none" is not a viable answer?

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend

In the future, you help Sakurai pick the roster for an upcoming Smash game. You get your perfect Smash...with one catch.

You must also choose five third party characters that, while still video game characters by origin, have never appeared on a Nintendo console.

Which five video game characters do you pick, assuming "none" is not a viable answer?
This is going to be hard if not for the fact that even if they didn't appear on a Nintendo console in their main games, they will most likely have been on a Nintendo console through a crossover. Like Dante in Project X Zone or Pyramid Head in that one Konami DS game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This is going to be hard if not for the fact that even if they didn't appear on a Nintendo console in their main games, they will most likely have been on a Nintendo console through a crossover. Like Dante in Project X Zone or Pyramid Head in that one Konami DS game.
Under these circumstances, spin offs count as Nintendo appearances, so you couldn't pick someone like Dante or Morrigan.

Basically, characters that have only been on PC, Xbox, or PlayStation.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I was just gonna say " just layton" but he is on 3DS and I dont know if I care about any other third party people other then Layton

Well the protag from p4 is a thing but he was on Persona q on 3DS so I literally have nothing

Last edited:

Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Dr. Nefarious, Sly Cooper and.... someone from Ape Escape.

All are from games I played as a kid.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

-Ashe (LoL)
-Barbarian King (Clash of Clans)
-Tracer (OverWatch)
-Master Chief?
-Ratchet and Clank

I'm a filthy casual

Wait.
I forgot the obvious shoo-in:

The little girl from Candy Crush

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Darks Souls protagonist
Dante EDIT: DAMMIT
MGR Raiden
Noctis
Peacock

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Heritage for the Future update:
-I love the Stand mechanic, being able to move and attack while your Stand is performing a special move is incredibly fun and adds a lot of depth to the game. You can also use a sort of "super" that allows you to input moves for the Stand and it'll perform them on your opponent until that sequence ends or you cancel it making Stand combos even more fun.
-Jotaro's ORAORA is the most satisfying thing to land successfully in the history of mankind.
-Kakyoin's sprite is really weird but man does he have some annoying range
-**** Alessi's shadow Stand that **** is stupid
-Pet Shop op pls dont nerf

You act like I have a problem with that :p
Chell(Portal)
Dark Souls guy(Dark Souls)
Someone from Persona(How the hell is there NOT one in a Nintendo console?)
Master Chief to fill space(heh, get it, "space"?)
Spyro because Crash has some DS games(pls tell me there are no DS games of it)

Ivander

Smash Legend
Under these circumstances, spin offs count as Nintendo appearances, so you couldn't pick someone like Dante or Morrigan.

Basically, characters that have only been on PC, Xbox, or PlayStation.
Like I said, this is going to be hard because of that fact. And that's not even including the ports, like Mass Effect 3. Or even Virtual Console like the Sega Genesis and Turbo Grafix on the Wii VC.

That being said, at least I can choose Tracer and Chosen Undead. Oh, and Gordon Freeman as far as I know.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Master Chief, Sacboy, Kratos, Nathan Drake, and because I can't do Frank West, give us Chuck Green.
Heritage for the Future update:
-I love the Stand mechanic, being able to move and attack while your Stand is performing a special move is incredibly fun and adds a lot of depth to the game. You can also use a sort of "super" that allows you to input moves for the Stand and it'll perform them on your opponent until that sequence ends or you cancel it making Stand combos even more fun.
-Jotaro's ORAORA is the most satisfying thing to land successfully in the history of mankind.
-Kakyoin's sprite is really weird but man does he have some annoying range
-**** Alessi's shadow Stand that **** is stupid
-Pet Shop op pls dont nerf

You act like I have a problem with that :p
Chell(Portal)
Dark Souls guy(Dark Souls)
Someone from Persona(How the hell is there NOT one in a Nintendo console?)
Master Chief to fill space(heh, get it, "space"?)
Spyro because Crash has some DS games(pls tell me there are no DS games of it)
I got bad news for you:

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

with one catch.
What catch? :p

Master Chief
Ratchet and Clank
The Heavy with a Pocket Medic
Chosen Undead
Tracer

Son, about that
There's always the P5 protagonist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom