• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I've no doubt that unless they groomed the Smash ballot to remove all the characters the fanbase deems "unacceptable", the results would've been pretty horrifying.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
There as sea is know as the body of water that has the most salt.

Now imagine that but in the Atlantic Ocean
I imagine the Smash Fandom going beyond the constraints of known bodies of water.

The Pacific will be renamed the Violent and the waters will run red with food coloring.

The oceans will also become so buoyant that it will be next to impossible for even people incapable of swimming to drown in them.

The earth will be forever changed, and it shall be henceforth referred to as the Smashening.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I imagine the Smash Fandom going beyond the constraints of known bodies of water.

The Pacific will be renamed the Violent and the waters will run red with food coloring.

The oceans will also become so buoyant that it will be next to impossible for even people incapable of swimming to drown in them.

The earth will be forever changed, and it shall be henceforth referred to as the Smashening.
Also know as "Let's blame Japan for everything again" or alternatively "Why the **** did Snake and Banjo has less votes than Goku"

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I've no doubt that unless they groomed the Smash ballot to remove all the characters the fanbase deems "unacceptable", the results would've been pretty horrifying.
Considering that would have meant removing literally every character not named K. Rool. . .

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I look at votes for Goku this way; He's super popular. Doesn't mean he's getting in, but that doesn't feel like a true troll vote by default. Some, sure, but others really do want the guy in.

Shrek is another story. ._.;

Anyway, failing at falling asleep. >.<

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Something tells me it'll be some time before we see Smash, speaking of which (it is the main thing I am looking out for right now anyway).

I doubt we'll ever see the ballot results, though. While I wouldn't mind seeing them, I don't think Nintendo wants to add salt for the fans. I do hope a few logical characters were on the top 5 or top 10 if you were to go to that point at the very least...

Also, that feeling when you check what network you're connected to and it turns out to be a printer. It actually said it was a security recommendation as well, so it was a bit strange.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
*sees roy in spot 2* welp gonna only vote for roy this ballow sorry ladys i need a very paper thin reason to post the boys are back in town to this thread and ike isnt gonna stop me

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
*sees roy in spot 2* welp gonna only vote for roy this ballow sorry ladys i need a very paper thin reason to post the boys are back in town to this thread and ike isnt gonna stop me
If Roy wins I will genuinely lose faith in the FE fandom because the only reason he's got any popularity outside Japan is "ERMAHGERD FIYAH SWOORD"

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I honestly think that regardless of whether we get a port or a new Smash a few years down the road that we're going to see the Ballot results recycled in some capacity.

If it ends up being a veteran (they clearly ranked highly), then things will probably be relatively calm if cynical as per usual. If, however, either by chance or by Nintendo deliberately choosing something additional it ended up being a newcomer. . .

For the record, I don't include Inkling in this. Since Splatoon didn't even release until two months after the Ballot, I can't see them actually winning, but they've become so important to Nintendo afterwards that I don't see them not getting in no matter the game, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe reinforced that.

If the Ballot either rolls something other than Ice Climbers or Nintendo outright goes further than the general "consensus," people will almost certainly go insane no matter what happens.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
People got together and said "This is okay"
They all asked if they could do it, but no one asked if they should do it.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I honestly think that regardless of whether we get a port or a new Smash a few years down the road that we're going to see the Ballot results recycled in some capacity.

If it ends up being a veteran (they clearly ranked highly), then things will probably be relatively calm if cynical as per usual. If, however, either by chance or by Nintendo deliberately choosing something additional it ended up being a newcomer. . .

For the record, I don't include Inkling in this. Since Splatoon didn't even release until two months after the Ballot, I can't see them actually winning, but they've become so important to Nintendo afterwards that I don't see them not getting in no matter the game, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe reinforced that.

If the Ballot either rolls something other than Ice Climbers or Nintendo outright goes further than the general "consensus," people will almost certainly go insane no matter what happens.

I think of know of ways to keep everyone sane and happy without utterly destroying Nintendo's reputation with Smash Bros. in 3 simple steps:

1. Bring in heavily desired characters (mainly 1st party since we got a good chunk of 3rd parties beforehand) such as King K. Rool, Isaac, and the Inklings. If Nintendo does this, many people will be happy (although not everyone will be happy, these are examples of characters that would appeal to many). While I wouldn't mind at least one third party like Rayman or Bomberman, I'd prefer to give 1st parties that need reps, need their reps back, or brand new reps a chance to shine first. Also, as a future note for Nintendo, no more Fire Emblem characters for right now; that would be a way to annoy more people regardless of how good the move-set is and they already got their fair share in the most recent game.

2. Bring back veterans such as Ice Climbers and Wolf (those two would make the most sense at this moment in time). I know that Snake exists, but I believe he's still in a tough spot right now, so I don't know about what his future will be like. Either way, it would be a very smart move by Nintendo and would increase the appeal of the overall roster. Besides, it probably wouldn't take too much work to implement them; they aren't brand new characters they would have to make from the ground up, after all.

3. In general, Nintendo should make smart choices when they choose characters in the future. They do seem to read all the Nintendo themed boards and reddits, so I am hoping that when they look at Smash related requests, they know the best strategy to appeal to the fan-base.

EDIT: Made a clarification on the 1st party part of my 1st step.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I have to be honest; I think of know of ways to keep everyone sane and happy without utterly destroying Nintendo's reputation with Smash Bros. in 3 simple steps:

1. Bring in heavily desired characters (mainly 1st party since we got a good chunk of 3rd parties beforehand) such as King K. Rool, Isaac, and the Inklings. If Nintendo does this, many people will be happy (although not everyone will be happy, these are examples of characters that would appeal to many). While I wouldn't mind at least one third party like Rayman or Bomberman, I'd prefer to give 1st parties that need reps or need their reps back first. Also, no more Fire Emblem.

2. Bring back veterans such as Ice Climbers and Wolf (those two would make the most sense at this moment in time). I know that Snake exists, but I believe he's still in a tough spot right now, so I don't know about what his future will be like. Either way, it would be a very smart move by Nintendo.

3. In general, Nintendo should make smart choices when they choose characters in the future. They do seem to read all the Nintendo themed boards and reddits, so I am hoping that when they look at Smash related requests, they know the best strategy.
I've read Nintendo themed message boards for half a decade and I still don't know what constitutes a smart choice for a character.

The choices are so obscure and seemingly arbitrary half the time that I'd probably give up on trying to figure out how to appease them via that method and arrange for a Ballot to more formally pick choices off of instead too. Never mind that some message board communities will actively force out opinions that disagree with the regulars, making it less appealing to the maximum number of people who will actually buy them game and more just appeasing the worst of the vocal minority.

Overall I get the impression that there's very few characters to choose from that wouldn't stir up one clique or another, as the only characters immune to that this time were Mega Man and Mewtwo and we're not likely to find a 50+% approval rating character like that again.

And I don't think Smash Bros' reputation is that fragile except in terms of the respect it gets from a vocal minority within a vocal minority of particularly irritable people. Obviously the Fire Emblem thing needs to be very carefully avoided for a while but aside from that or doing something like adding a non video game character I can't see people getting much more stirred up than they already have, especially if Sakurai isn't even the one in charge anymore and they have to scramble to find a new scapegoat.

I mean if I was in their place I might try it, but I also wouldn't expect it to actually work.
People got together and said "This is okay"
They all asked if they could do it, but no one asked if they should do it.
I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I wasn't expecting to cringe like that.

I'm pretty sure memes and fake weeaboos are a bad mix. To put it one way.

And then there's what I'm vaguely aware this game is, which just makes it uh. . .well to put it one way Kid Icarus completely throws logic out the window and I think even the characters from there would have a hard time figuring out what to say to this. Comedically, obviously.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Did you know that there's a Gen III bug that ruins the IVs of roamers in RS and FRLG?
roam.PNG

I decided to see that wreck by myself by transfering my Latios all the way from Ruby to Moon.

Screenshot_2017-01-26-01-31-48.png

Massive kek. Even the unaffected HP is bad.

The positive side of this is that Hyper Training can save him now.
My objective is to bring him to Lv. 100 and use a Gold Bottle Cap to give this Pokémon a second chance after being screwed by a programming error for a more than a decade.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I've read Nintendo themed message boards for half a decade and I still don't know what constitutes a smart choice for a character.

The choices are so obscure and seemingly arbitrary half the time that I'd probably give up on trying to figure out how to appease them via that method and arrange for a Ballot to more formally pick choices off of instead too. Never mind that some message board communities will actively force out opinions that disagree with the regulars, making it less appealing to the maximum number of people who will actually buy them game and more just appeasing the worst of the vocal minority.

Overall I get the impression that there's very few characters to choose from that wouldn't stir up one clique or another, as the only characters immune to that this time were Mega Man and Mewtwo and we're not likely to find a 50+% approval rating character like that again.

And I don't think Smash Bros' reputation is that fragile except in terms of the respect it gets from a vocal minority within a vocal minority of particularly irritable people. Obviously the Fire Emblem thing needs to be very carefully avoided for a while but aside from that or doing something like adding a non video game character I can't see people getting much more stirred up than they already have, especially if Sakurai isn't even the one in charge anymore and they have to scramble to find a new scapegoat.

I mean if I was in their place I might try it, but I also wouldn't expect it to actually work.
It's not that the choices are arbitrary as much as the dev team looks for different things than the more dedicated fans think they look for. If you're a first party newcomer, relevance is important. If you're third party or a retro character from the NES era or such, you want to be iconic instead. But above all else, it's about having unique and interesting characteristics and abilities to make you worth adding to such a crowded roster. That's where the bandwagons miss the point: it's not about the character's identity or what series they "represent", it's about what they can do. Reading Sakurai's statements in Famitsu really hammers this home, but the greater fanbase hasn't noticed, and so they've written their own rules and assume they're accurate.

Which is why, for example, Corrin gets bashed for being "shallow promotion" because that's what they think happened. The truth seems to be that Corrin had a unique angle with his/her shapeshifting, it was now or never due to Fire Emblem's rotating cast, and there was still a lot of deliberation over whether it was a good idea. Things aren't as simple as they seem on the surface...and I wish more people would realize that.

But yeah, a lot of character support groups are broken off into tribes of sorts, and one character's inclusion often upsets one or more of those tribes. It's pretty much impossible to avoid, unfortunately, but it's mostly because of our own knee-jerk reactions and lack of understanding of the decision process. As far as I'm concerned, it's not worth catering to that kind of ignorance. Better to try and educate people and help them understand how it all happens.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think of know of ways to keep everyone sane and happy without utterly destroying Nintendo's reputation with Smash Bros. in 3 simple steps:

1. Bring in heavily desired characters (mainly 1st party since we got a good chunk of 3rd parties beforehand) such as King K. Rool, Isaac, and the Inklings. If Nintendo does this, many people will be happy (although not everyone will be happy, these are examples of characters that would appeal to many). While I wouldn't mind at least one third party like Rayman or Bomberman, I'd prefer to give 1st parties that need reps, need their reps back, or brand new reps a chance to shine first. Also, as a future note for Nintendo, no more Fire Emblem characters for right now; that would be a way to annoy more people regardless of how good the move-set is and they already got their fair share in the most recent game.

2. Bring back veterans such as Ice Climbers and Wolf (those two would make the most sense at this moment in time). I know that Snake exists, but I believe he's still in a tough spot right now, so I don't know about what his future will be like. Either way, it would be a very smart move by Nintendo and would increase the appeal of the overall roster. Besides, it probably wouldn't take too much work to implement them; they aren't brand new characters they would have to make from the ground up, after all.

3. In general, Nintendo should make smart choices when they choose characters in the future. They do seem to read all the Nintendo themed boards and reddits, so I am hoping that when they look at Smash related requests, they know the best strategy to appeal to the fan-base.

EDIT: Made a clarification on the 1st party part of my 1st step.
This just kind of screams "my way of thinking is right."

Look. Everyone has their own idea of what Smash Bros is.

What defines a "smart" choice?

:4bayonetta: I mean the winner of a ballot seems like a smart choice, but I'm not sure you'd define it as such after reading this.

This comes off a bit "holier than thou" man. Especially that "utterly destroying Nintendo's reputation" bit. Who said that about Smash Bros of all things? People love almost all newcomers and those that aren't almost universally loved have specific circumstances behind their inclusion.

Smash is fine man.

D

Deleted member

Seeing the new poll's actual results reassure me on users' tastes.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
now i know we all love to play arm chair generall with smash bros but at the end of the day nothing will ever please everyone
ive talked to people who want more characters, ive talked to people who think the roster should be half its size, so in the end what ever you precieve as the best outsome only applies to you

as an example
some people see grinding as boring while others enjoy grinding because it means they are playng the game more

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man, seeing Resident Evil 7 being liked by so many people make me sooo happy right now.
The game isn't perfect but it does so many thing right that it's just great.
Capcom, good job, really, good job on that one.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
This just kind of screams "my way of thinking is right."

Look. Everyone has their own idea of what Smash Bros is.

What defines a "smart" choice?

:4bayonetta: I mean the winner of a ballot seems like a smart choice, but I'm not sure you'd define it as such after reading this.

This comes off a bit "holier than thou" man. Especially that "utterly destroying Nintendo's reputation" bit. Who said that about Smash Bros of all things? People love almost all newcomers and those that aren't almost universally loved have specific circumstances behind their inclusion.

Smash is fine man.
I'm not trying to say my way of thinking is right at all; it's just one of many ideas, as you said yourself. I have no interest in shutting down other's opinions either and specifically saying that my idea is the best and should be followed; that wasn't the point of my argument.

Maybe I was over exaggerating on the reputation part, admittedly, but I really wouldn't want to see Nintendo get hurt in any shape or form regardless when it comes to pleasing people with content.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Man, seeing Resident Evil 7 being liked by so many people make me sooo happy right now.
The game isn't perfect but it does so many thing right that it's just great.
Capcom, good job, really, good job on that one.
Yeah, it's freaking great.

I can't even remember the last time Capcom made a game this good.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Maybe I was over exaggerating on the reputation part, admittedly, but I really wouldn't want to see Nintendo get hurt in any shape or form regardless when it comes to pleasing people with content.
As far as I'm concerned, the people who think that way aren't worth pandering to. Yes, Fire Emblem really lucked out this time around, but it was due to weird circumstances. If they hadn't had enough time to change Lucina (and Doc and Pittoo) from alt to clone, and if they had brought Wolf back instead of Roy, this controversy would hardly exist.

It's like with Kid Icarus. People cried "bias", yet Dark Pit was an alt who got lucky and didn't "steal a slot" from anyone because it doesn't work that way, and a lot of fans wanted Palutena in!

Honestly, Smash 5's FE list will probably look something like Marth-Ike-Robin-Corrin-newcomer. And I bet Corrin will be mourned if he misses the cut since he'd be a veteran at that point...though probably not as vocally as Wolf or the Ice Climbers, since he's a modern character and not a part of people's nostalgia due to Star Fox 64 or Melee.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
if they had brought Wolf back instead of Roy, this controversy would hardly exist.
To be fair.

It was Lucas who was competing against Roy.

They wanted one Brawl vet and one Melee vet.

And Roy's competition was Young Link and Pichu.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah, it's freaking great.

I can't even remember the last time Capcom made a game this good.
What about Umbrella Corp?

No really, Capcom really put everything they could do in it. 'Can't wait to see the DLC that is coming in Spring.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
As far as I'm concerned, the people who think that way aren't worth pandering to. Yes, Fire Emblem really lucked out this time around, but it was due to weird circumstances. If they hadn't had enough time to change Lucina (and Doc and Pittoo) from alt to clone, and if they had brought Wolf back instead of Roy, this controversy would hardly exist.

It's like with Kid Icarus. People cried "bias", yet Dark Pit was an alt who got lucky and didn't "steal a slot" from anyone because it doesn't work that way, and a lot of fans wanted Palutena in!

Honestly, Smash 5's FE list will probably look something like Marth-Ike-Robin-Corrin-newcomer. And I bet Corrin will be mourned if he misses the cut due to being a veteran at that point...though probably not as vocally as Wolf or the Ice Climbers, since he's a modern character and not a part of people's nostalgia due to Star Fox 64 or Melee.
I am beginning to wonder if I should be careful about what I say on Fire Emblem and slot stuff when it comes to Smash. But hey, that's just me; it is very late right now and it would probably be best that I get some rest.

Either way, I am well aware that Lucina and Dark Pit never actually took up a slot and only took a bit of development time. In addition, you're right in saying that had Wolf been added in and Roy never came back, there wouldn't have been a controversy, but it is what it is.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
To be fair.

It was Lucas who was competing against Roy.

They wanted one Brawl vet and one Melee vet.

And Roy's competition was Young Link and Pichu.
I dunno, I wonder how much of that was just semantics. Considering Roy was the only real viable option from Melee after Mewtwo, and considering he was planned for Brawl and that's probably where they got the semi-clone concept from, considering Falco, Ganon, and Toon Link (as Young Link's successor) were also decloned, part of me thinks they weren't specifically looking for another Melee vet.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I dunno, I wonder how much of that was just semantics. Considering Roy was the only real viable option from Melee after Mewtwo, and considering he was planned for Brawl and that's probably where they got the semi-clone concept from, considering Falco, Ganon, and Toon Link (as Young Link's successor) were also decloned, part of me thinks they weren't specifically looking for another Melee vet.
Possible, but I really do think they wouldn't have highlighted Lucas' appearance in Brawl and Roy's appearance in Melee (while ignoring Mewtwo's entirely) unless it was the reason for including them.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Or "THESE VOTES ARE OBVIOUSLY FRAUD/TROLL VOTES" I could only imagine how many death threats would be given for not voting a specific character
"Or this ballot is rigged. Have of the **** waifus like Yomoi and Mirai do not belong there."

But there is far less salt for the SK fans.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I should have dropped by the new thread sooner.

Anyhoo, probably penultimate Sun update.

As for my progress, I've beaten Galdion at Mt. Lanakila, so I'm pretty close to the end of the game's story. And what a ride it has been.
Apparently the game decided that blowing my mind once wasn't enough, it had to go and do that again. At this point, I would really, really like to see the story of Pokémon Sun and Moon in animated form.

Honestly, no other game in the entire series made me felt this invested in the story and the characters. It's strange... I think this is the first Pokémon game where the human characters were the main highlight of the game, not the Pokémon themselves - excluding Nebby, of course.

And last but not the least.
Y'all are stupid if you don't like this theme.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
"Or this ballot is rigged. Have of the **** waifus like Yomoi and Mirai do not belong there."

But there is far less salt for the SK fans.
Who the hell is Yomoi?

You can't even get the "best girl's" name right.

It's like calling Hikage "Hokage".

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I should have dropped by the new thread sooner.

Anyhoo, probably penultimate Sun update.

As for my progress, I've beaten Galdion at Mt. Lanakila, so I'm pretty close to the end of the game's story. And what a ride it has been.
Apparently the game decided that blowing my mind once wasn't enough, it had to go and do that again. At this point, I would really, really like to see the story of Pokémon Sun and Moon in animated form.

Honestly, no other game in the entire series made me felt this invested in the story and the characters. It's strange... I think this is the first Pokémon game where the human characters were the main highlight of the game, not the Pokémon themselves - excluding Nebby, of course.

And last but not the least.
Y'all are stupid if you don't like this theme.
Yo, does that mean that I am good boy?!:4larry:
But yeah, the story is fantastic, 10/10, I mean, Guzma/10, he is our true boi.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

I was actually supremely disappointed with the story and characters. It felt like Team Skull, the Aether Foundation, the Ultra Beasts, and absurd amount of island trial/kahuna characters existed to serve two purposes. The first was to make deceptively deep and complex trailers that are ungodly hype inducing, which succeeded with me and basically everyone I've seen.

And the second being, just as they succeeded with you--to make you want to see them in animated form. I've not watched much of the new or old Pokemon anime, but this one has been quite different in the past, and immediately started making use of the resources that were untapped in the game. More than that really, Gamefreak doesn't just earn money from the games, but all merchandise.

It's actually quite genius really. But I'm not hating on the games here, Sun/Moon are my favorite among them all. :) And they are targeted for a younger audience, so it's silly to be so critical regardless.

Speaking of, if anyone wants to add me so we can play online at some point, let me know. With Pokebank out, I'm excited to get back into battling.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I was actually supremely disappointed with the story and characters. It felt like Team Skull, the Aether Foundation, the Ultra Beasts, and absurd amount of island trial/kahuna characters existed to serve two purposes. The first was to make deceptively deep and complex trailers that are ungodly hype inducing, which succeeded with me and basically everyone I've seen.

And the second being, just as they succeeded with you--to make you want to see them in animated form. I've not watched much of the new or old Pokemon anime, but this one has been quite different in the past, and immediately started making use of the resources that were untapped in the game. More than that really, Gamefreak doesn't just earn money from the games, but all merchandise.

It's actually quite genius really. But I'm not hating on the games here, Sun/Moon are my favorite among them all. :) And they are targeted for a younger audience, so it's silly to be so critical regardless.

Speaking of, if anyone wants to add me so we can play online at some point, let me know. With Pokebank out, I'm excited to get back into battling.
Well, if you want to go into the specifics, the high point of the game for me was
Lillie and Lusamine's relationship. It seems stories that are based on tension between family members seem to affect me more than most people, and the scene where Lusamine reaches out to touch Lillie really moved me.

Though I not quite sure why you were let down. If you compare to an anime, I suppose the characters aren't that deep, but this is definitely a leap compared to other games. It helps that the motivations from most of the characters didn't seem generic. Lillie in particular.

I should mention that I went into the game mostly blind. (Not living in a first world country is a wonderful spoilershield Should also give you an idea of how "money" Game Freak makes from me.)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Imagine if Nintendo pre-selected the characters you could vote for on the Smash ballot.

It shouldn't matter if they did updates or not, you could only vote once. Ideally, one person = one vote.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Though I not quite sure why you were let down. If you compare to an anime, I suppose the characters aren't that deep, but this is definitely a leap compared to other games. It helps that the motivations from most of the characters didn't seem generic. Lillie in particular.
Aether Foundation is revealed to be bad news right at the beginning so there's no twist/reveal, we see Lusamine only a couple times and she's just a psycho, Guzma's past with Kukui wasn't explored, Ultra Beasts kinda just... existed, there was a huge cast of trial characters that were all charming but there's just so many and we're constantly moving so we never really know them (because that's what the anime is for).

Of course previous generations never got deep with the story or character development as well, and really this probably was a step up in just about every regard. I'm not trying to talk trash about the game honestly. I just felt like there was a lot of potential with the elements introduced and the new direction in terms of progression, that's all. I'm sure the anime will probably do much of it service as I said before.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Aether Foundation is revealed to be bad news right the beginning so there's no twist, we see Lusamine only a couple times and she's just a psycho, Guzma's past with Kukui wasn't explored, Ultra Beasts kinda just... existed, there was a huge cast of trial characters that were all charming but there's just so many and we're constantly moving so we never really know them (because that's what the anime is for).

Of course previous generations never got deep with the story or character development as well, and really this probably was a step up in just about every regard. I'm really not trying to talk trash about the game. I just felt like there was a lot of potential with the elements introduced and the new direction in terms of progression, that's all. I'm sure the anime will probably do much of it service as I said before.
Eh, I feel like you just looked too much theory online.
Yeah, there is missed potential, but the story isn't that bad. Lusamine doesn't need to show up at every opportunity so that we know everything about her (the side character already say alot abotu her) and several peoples note how she was before she became a psycho. (She was searching her husband that dissipear due to a accident, a accident tied with the Ultra-Beast. Which is why she became crazy about them)
As for Guzma and Kukui, I honestly don't feel like that it was bad that we don't know that much about their relation, we know just enough so that to leave our imagination to do the job. And it would make the pace of the story already slower that it's already is.
The Ultra-Beast, well, apart from Nihilego, yeah, you're right on that. They shouldn't have hyped them as something that important ot the game (same for the returning character from previous gen beside some). But they still feel nice for the post-game atleast.

And for the anime, yeaaaaah...? Don't get me wrong, the anime as gotten better, but the character aren't really the same. And the guys that write the episode can still screw-up badly (Black 2 and White 2, the XY League anyone?). So don't get your hope high for the anime, or you will be dissapointed again.

Of course, that's just my little opinion, and it's not bad to have a different opinion from others.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Who the hell is Yomoi?

You can't even get the "best girl's" name right.

It's like calling Hikage "Hokage".
You're not the one who's back felt like it was going to split apart. Taking care of a sick mother is difficult enough as it is.

But cartooning should be my txt task for now.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I did get one of her Legendary skin on one of my Lunar lootbox, but I don't like it.
Her legendary skins are ugly. Though who plays as her anyways.

She and Hanzo are the only ones to not get legendary skins through an event yet. Genji technically as well if you don't count the Oni skin. Cuse noones getting that.

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
So I decided to vote for Anna everyday after seeing the results, she is close enough to the top that I have hope
upload_2017-1-26_8-35-34.png

The rest of my options are hopeless...

Imagine if Nintendo pre-selected the characters you could vote for on the Smash ballot.

It shouldn't matter if they did updates or not, you could only vote once. Ideally, one person = one vote.
They should first do a ballot for the more popular 1st party series, then 2nd party and lastly 3rd party. After that they should make ballot with pre-selected characters for the winners of the series ballots. This way it equally chosen by fans and developers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom