• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Also you guys mentioning bland hair reminds me that I wish they just they had variety in customization. I mean, if you're going to have an avatar character you mine as well go out further with the customization. Just stuff like more hairstyles even, or at least more interesting ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
you say that like its a bad thing:132:
Now I can imagine Ditto getting so many votes because it's the number one breeding slave for male Pokemon.

Last edited:
I was kind of hoping to be proven wrong and there was a good reason for fem!corrin to be more popular outside of smash but nope

Guess people are just too thirsty for the water dragon
:061:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Now I can imagine Ditto getting so many votes because it's the number one breeding slave for male Pokemon.
That's like saying Bidoof would be popular because he's everyone's favorite HM Slave.

Oh wait.

I was kind of hoping to be proven wrong and there was a good reason for fem!corrin to be more popular outside of smash but nope

Boys will be boys.

Etika being a prime example and I don't follow him at all.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That's like saying Bidoof would be popular because he's everyone's favorite HM Slave.

Oh wait.
Please, Ratata is far more popular as HM Slaves go.

And Donald Trump Gumsho... oh wait. There are no HM slaves in Sun & Moon.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Am I the only one that fought with an HM slave to the end?

Bibarel is my go to choice for Water Type moves in Pokemon Pearl.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
For those voting in the Fire Emblem Heroes thing, Nintendo has posted the results so far:
I don't know if I should feel happy or sad for Dorcas, he did place in the top 20, but I'm very sure it was because the only thing people remember him for is that infamous commercial and that's not the best legacy you should leave for yourself. Other then that, not too many surprises in the top 20 for each, though it's nice to see other lesser known fan favorites like Mia and Nino make their way into the list, it'll be interesting to see if they hold going into the final results.

Speaking of which, looking at that message, I'm may funnel a few more of my votes into Lyn since I wouldn't be surprised if the female side is very contested, and I want to make sure her spot is solidified for the coming week.

I didnt realize those results were worldwide.

Now I feel silly.

I suppose that explains some of it.
except dorcas. really Dorcas? Seriously?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Am I the only one that fought with an HM slave to the end?

Bibarel is my go to choice for Water Type moves in Pokemon Pearl.
My flying, cutting Farfetch'd made it to the Elite 4. With EXP ALL he was one of my highest leveled pokemon

D

Deleted member

I'm curious what it appears as though. I forgot if you can see the pokemon in icon form before you transfer it or not
Sorry for the late reply.

Pokemon you can't transfer don't appear at all.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Scorpio was leaked.

It can't do native 4K. Just like the PS4 Pro.

This is funny because Microsoft laughed at Sony for not doing it.

Maybe Nintendo has the right idea...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Let's do some rankings!

• Fire Emblem Awakening: 7 Boys, 7 Girls, 14 Total
    • Fire Emblem Fates: 4 Boys, 6 Girls, 10 Total
    • Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones: 2 Guys, 2 Girls, 4 Total
    • Fire Emblem The Blazing Blade: 2 Guys, 2 Girls, 4 Total
    • Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn: 1 Boy, 2 Girls, 3 Total
    • Fire Emblem Path of Radiance: 1 Boy, 1 Girl. 2 Total
    • Fire Emblem The Blinding Blade: 1 Guy, 1 Total
    • Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem: 1 Guy, 1 Total
    • Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon: 1 Guy, 1 Total
    • Fire Emblem Gaiden: 0 Total
    • Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War: 0 Total
    • Fire Emblem Thracia 776: 0 Total
*Both versions of Robin were counted
*Both versions of Corrin counted
*Both versions of Marth were counted
*Both versions of Ike were counted

Some observations!​
  • The only Smash characters to not make it in the top ten for each gender are the Mystery of the Emblem versions of Marth and Male Corrin (though both are still in the top twenty). However, since Shadow Dragon Marth and Female Corrin both made the top ten, every Smash character is technically in the top ten.:4marth::4feroy::4myfriends::4robinm::4robinf::4lucina::4corrin::4corrinf:
  • If we rank by console, the rankings go : 3DS>GBA>Wii>GC=DS>NES=SNES
  • If you didn't have a game released on the GBA onward, you were doomed.
  • Ike is in Top 5 for Men, twice. Robin is in both top tens. Corrin and Marth are both in and out of the top ten.
  • Roy and Lucina sit at Number 2. It's funny cause they're both Marth clones.
Here some other massive stats that you missed out on.

• The Split Votes show a different tale that you wouldn't believe until now:

If both the PoR and RD was combined, not only One would be undisputed #1, but characters like Mia, Siren, Black Knight or even Titanta should shoot up into the Top 20

Marth is the real example that was held back the worst by split votes because he alone would probably beat out Chrom or even Hector in the Top 5.

Tiki and Anna have actually done well despite they got the worst of the split due to Tiki being split by 3 games and Anna by 5. If combined votes helped Tiki and Anna would have been in the Top 12 a lot better.

The most popular versions of the MUs are :4robinm::4corrinf: however both Robins have made the Top 10 each respectfully while FemCorrin ranks in the top 5 but Male Corrin struggle hard to even get into the Top 20 itself.

Conquest dominated the list beating out Birthright in both categories

Roy is the only Japan exclusive character to reach the top 10. While Mystery of the Emblem version of Marth stands in the Top 15

Handhelds have dominated the polls with the GBA characters hitting up with 9 of their characters and the 3DS having a whopping 22

While the consoles struggled to keep up, the SNES games did horribly with none in each of the top 20 especially when this a combined US/Japan poll

The most popular of lords always have a sword in their hand however the Top 10 have gave the non-sword users way more respect with half representing the 10 male and half representing the 10 females. (However, if we take our favorite tacticians in play :4robinm::4robinf:, they would have dominated the the top 10 with 6 each but they have known swords despite being known for their magic moreso)

No villain made the list and people have **** taste for voting Michaiah in the Top 10 and Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo none of your votes were wasted considering who made that make list and Eliwood is possibly the least liked Lord.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

To be fair, the design of Corrin itself actually for the female moreso than the male.

Robin got by because their design is perfect for the Unisex look for each character and both designs I'm a fan of.

Female Corrin works in that design not out of sexualzation but by just of Male Corrin looking like a fuccboi in that design.

Plus I've seen people excuse :4corrinf: just due to how in the story, the actions are somehow justified because "women are emotional" and when :4corrin: it just made him look incompetent.

That's what they said, not me

D

Deleted member

Video is cringe but there ya go.
Ah, I see. I was just wondering, as I don't even get the big deal about 4k. I got a PS4 Pro, and there's hardly a difference between it and my normal PS4, and especially nothing you'd notice during gameplay.

And the video didn't really make me cringe. It's just like other youtube channels that are more so regulated like a corporate workplace rather than a personalized channel, so to speak.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
So played KH 2.8 BbS Aqua's passage.. I just went straight for proud mode lol. They could have given her more HP imo.. level 50 and she has the HP of Donald at the beginning -_-

That back though :yeahboi:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Funny thing actually, I think the biggest reason Donnel is top 10 is because Etika told people to vote for him on stream iirc.

Not for 'muh bare-foot waifu' Corrin, but Donnel, of all people.

I was actually kind of surprised to be honest :p

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ah, I see. I was just wondering, as I don't even get the big deal about 4k. I got a PS4 Pro, and there's hardly a difference between it and my normal PS4, and especially nothing you'd notice during gameplay.
Yeah, its mostly just a bump up to the resolution.

Does nothing for graphics and nothing for power.

Of course, not every PS4 game is going 4K though.

Still, computers can barely reach 4K as it is. Not that surprising it doesn't do well on consoles.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The Scorpio was leaked.

There are a lot of things different between the circumstances of the Wii and those of the Switch.

Other companies leaping at new resolutions before they're standard while Nintendo strolls behind is something that isn't.

. . .Well, except for the fact that the other companies don't even actually properly have the resolution yet like before, rendering the whole thing from "Not really as much a problem as people assume" to "Kinda silly, TBH."

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Well, that's a bit upsetting. But then again, 4K isn't all that stable on PC.

There are a lot of things different between the circumstances of the Wii and those of the Switch.

Other companies leaping at new resolutions before they're standard while Nintendo strolls behind is something that isn't.

. . .Well, except for the fact that the other companies don't even actually properly have the resolution yet like before, rendering the whole thing even sillier this time around.
They're leaping at them because they will become standard. A few years ago, a new 4K TV was more than a $1000. And now we're seeing 4K TV's for less than $500. Sure they're not in every household, but they're still going to become common enough down the line, and people are going to want 4K content. It's not a silly thing to do at all really.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
If there is one thing on the internet that annoys me more than anything else, it's "cringe", every time I see someone use that word now I immediately want to disagree with them, no matter what it is. This trend is just so stupid and it needs to just end.

D

Deleted member

There are my faults with Corrin:
1. They really had no reason to be an avatar, especially in their kind of story. They should've just been a more fleshed out lord.
2. While some people say Robin has no flaws, they tried to fix this with Corrin by somewhat giving them flaws. Except they never really have much consequences for their flaws, like at all. And their way is pretty much always the right way even when logically their should be consequences for their decisions.
3. The twist in revelations kind of ruins the tension with the whole sibling thing, making their back story go from unique to Robin 2.0.

In fact, I don't mind the new Fire Emblem style at all, it just has its problems that could easily been avoided. Fates would've been even better to me if it wasn't trying to be a rehash of awakening in many regards.

To be fair, the design of Corrin itself actually for the female moreso than the male.

Robin got by because their design is perfect for the Unisex look for each character and both designs I'm a fan of.

Female Corrin works in that design not out of sexualzation but by just of Male Corrin looking like a fuccboi in that design.

Plus I've seen people excuse :4corrinf: just due to how in the story, the actions are somehow justified because "women are emotional" and when :4corrin: it just made him look incompetent.

That's what they said, not me
I actually remember complaining that Robin's character fit the male Robin way more. Mainly with things like Chrom's friendship. When it's male Robin people see it as a bromance, but when it's female Robin Chrom seems obsessed with Robin to people.

Yeah, its mostly just a bump up to the resolution.

Does nothing for graphics and nothing for power.

Of course, not every PS4 game is going 4K though.

Still, computers can barely reach 4K as it is. Not that surprising it doesn't do well on consoles.
Well, yeah, but I'm just saying even though there's a difference, it feels like such a small difference, even when there is one.

I'm glad I got a 4k TV though, because my previous one really needed to be replaced. And we really just got the PS4 Pro so we could have two PS4s anyway. That and because it was in a packaged deal.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Overwatching.

Opened me some goddamn legendary currency.

Keep your ****ing money, where's my Mei skin.
I also felt the legendary currency is not much.

And man Peri isn't even top 20, I might just vote for her again.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What they are doing for 4K sounds like what I do with photoshop

You can increase pixel art size without blurring it by increasing the size by "Nearest neighbor"

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If there is one thing on the internet that annoys me more than anything else, it's "cringe", every time I see someone use that word now I immediately want to disagree with them, no matter what it is. This trend is just so stupid and it needs to just end.
So...

You cringe every time someone says "cringe" then? :troll:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The Scorpio was leaked.

Nintendo has many ideas and only a few of them are good. That said, power doesn't matter, it's how you compensate for it.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well, that's a bit upsetting. But then again, 4K isn't all that stable on PC.

They're leaping at them because they will become standard. A few years ago, a new 4K TV was more than a $1000. And now we're seeing 4K TV's for less than $500. Sure they're not in every household, but they're still going to become common enough down the line, and people are going to want 4K content. It's not a silly thing to do at all really.
It's not really a silly thing to do so much as it's silly to place so much value on it when they can't even do it properly.

Sure 4K is becoming a standard, but by the time it IS one they'll have to move on to new hardware. Meanwhile they're talking up how awesome it is that their systems can run 4K, and. . .they aren't even handling that. They're trying to swim upstream faster than the tech can keep up with them while pretending that they aren't, meanwhile not every game can even handle 1080/60 properly on their base systems despite that being a quarter the display power.

It's not silly to do it, but it's silly to judge Nintendo for not doing it and they may be biting off more than they can chew.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

4K won't be relevant until 2020 when it cost as much as a 1080 Television with High Dynamic Range does now.

Which is around like $199-499

Also expecting scam consoles to matter and actually work is irrelevant. I'm just happy that those type of systems are failing and people not falling for that crap. Xbone S can stream atleast 4K and do Blu Ray 4K movies and it cost about $250.

Hell, a Switch at launch is a much better investment than a Pro or a Scorpio and the Switch is gonna be barren as hell until Sonic Mania, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and ARMS comes out in the mid-late Spring

D

Deleted member

The same could be same with a lot of words people use to shout out other people instantly though. I.E. cuck, autistic(or "autist" if you're trying to sound smart), neckbeard, marxist. Only the internet knows how to make words with meaning meaningless. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom