• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The same could be same with a lot of words people use to shout out other people instantly though. I.E. cuck, autistic, neckbeard, marxist. Only the internet knows how to make words with meaning meaningless. :p
like otaku and fujoshi, those two are the most used insults I see Fujoshi mostly on things that have an all male cast or they are just pissed there is no females, Or just dont like what they are looking at

Ive seen people call the new FF Fujoshi bait and swear off from playing it because its a " sausage party"

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
It's not really a silly thing to do so much as it's silly to place so much value on it when they can't even do it properly.

Sure 4K is becoming a standard, but by the time it IS one they'll have to move on to new hardware. Meanwhile they're talking up how awesome it is that their systems can run 4K, and. . .they aren't even handling that. They're trying to swim upstream faster than the tech can keep up with them while pretending that they aren't, meanwhile not every game can even handle 1080/60 properly on their base systems despite that being a quarter the display power.

It's not silly to do it, but it's silly to judge Nintendo for not doing it and they may be biting off more than they can chew.
That's how the tech industry in general works. It's just how tech in general is pushed forward. Half of it is companies pushing things real far, and the other half is everyone else catching up and trying to capitalize on everything.

Regarding the "games can't even handle 1080/60 properly." They can't handle it because the developers choose to not handle it because they deem 1080/60 not as integral to the experience as hardcore enthusiasts like us do (which is true, because the average consumer doesn't care about 1080/60, they just want a new experience). If developers really wanted to, all games could be 1080/60 right now.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If developers really wanted to, all games could be 1080/60 right now.
I don't think so there.

I agree with the majority of your post.

But I really do feel that developers can't with what they're given a lot of the time.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Need to point out something because, well, it's kinda ridiculous:
There are two Ike's in the top 5 of the poll...

Are they really going to count those two as separate characters. If so, why?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Wait I didnt notice that

thats pretty broken

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

There's also two Marth's there.

Put those two together and not only do Marth and Ike potentially dominate the poll, but it allows to other male character to make it in the top twenty.

Lol at Donnel.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Same reason why Marth is on there twice.

Their counting all variants of each character.

Like I said last page, this list would look look way different if they combined the same character into one.

• Marth would hotshot to #3
  • Ike would be undisputed #1
  • A lot of the fan favorite PoR/RD characters would hit this list like Soren, Mia and Black Knight
  • Tiki and Anna would do wayyyyy better and even beat out some of the top 10 like Azura and Michaiah

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Just realized there are two Marth's in the top 20. The hell, Nintendo?
The poll has different entries for characters who have appearances in multiple games. So there's separate entries for PoR Ike and RD Ike, SD Marth and MotE Marth. I'm guessing for these results they didn't bother to combine the counts for these characters.

The silliest example is Finn, who has three different entries in the poll: FE4 Gen 1, FE4 Gen 2, and FE5. :laugh:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Probably because they're different ages and statures from different games. Pretty sure Awakening had a few Einherjar repeats from different games. *checks Awakening* Ike doesn't have two free ones upon checking, but Marth does. Heck, Marth has three if you count the DLC Einjerhar card.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
4K won't be relevant until 2020 when it cost as much as a 1080 Television with High Dynamic Range does now.

Which is around like $199-499

Also expecting scam consoles to matter and actually work is irrelevant. I'm just happy that those type of systems are failing and people not falling for that crap. Xbone S can stream atleast 4K and do Blu Ray 4K movies and it cost about $250.

Hell, a Switch at launch is a much better investment than a Pro or a Scorpio and the Switch is gonna be barren as hell until Sonic Mania, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and ARMS comes out in the mid-late Spring
Where did you hear they're failing from? And how are they scams?

One thing people don't realize is that they're not just upgrades for 4K but also upgrades for VR. And from what I hear, PSVR has some of the best VR games, whereas the more expensive options like the HTC Vive just feels like tech demos.

I don't think so there.

I agree with the majority of your post.

But I really do feel that developers can't with what they're given a lot of the time.
They could ever since the previous generation. Sure it's not as simple as "hey let's focus on doing 1080/60fps." But they definitely do have the capability to, but instead they focus their efforts elsewhere because they feel that will benefit the game more for the mass market.

Spurdo

Smash Apprentice
The same could be same with a lot of words people use to shout out other people instantly though. I.E. cuck, autistic(or :autist" if you're trying to sound smart), neckbeard, marxist. Only the internet knows how to make words with meaning meaningless. :p
if I hear the words beta cuck one more time I'm going to rip my ears out

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The poll has different entries for characters who have appearances in multiple games. So there's separate entries for PoR Ike and RD Ike, SD Marth and MotE Marth. I'm guessing for these results they didn't bother to combine the counts for these characters.

The silliest example is Finn, who has three different entries in the poll: FE4 Gen 1, FE4 Gen 2, and FE5. :laugh:
I realize that but what I'm saying is, there are some serious problems with them only taking the vote of a single entry into account for who moves up. Tiki and Anna are probably getting shafted of some of their votes because of this. I can understand the genders of Corrin and Robin getting two slots. I'm just wondering if Ike ends up getting like 2nd and 5th will he just not win or...:054:

Same goes for Marth how far would he move up the totem if they took votes from both games. He'd be like 3rd, right? It's really confusing honestly.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
For those voting in the Fire Emblem Heroes thing, Nintendo has posted the results so far:
I find it funny that there are two versions of Ike in the male Top 5, despite him being from the worst selling games in the series.

EDIT: Just confirm the ports/remasters already IS. Stop trolling us. lol

There's two Ikes which tells me:

1) They're not mixing in votes for younger/older counterparts
2) PoR Ike being higher means the fandom has **** taste
https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2016...favorite-character-poll-translated-june-2015/

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Where did you hear they're failing from? And how are they scams?

One thing people don't realize is that they're not just upgrades for 4K but also upgrades for VR. And from what I hear, PSVR has some of the best VR games, whereas the more expensive options like the HTC Vive just feels like tech demos.

They could ever since the previous generation. Sure it's not as simple as "hey let's focus on doing 1080/60fps." But they definitely do have the capability to, but instead they focus their efforts elsewhere because they feel that will benefit the game more for the mass market.
VR? You something which is disappointing with sales and the attachment rates, that VR?

Look from Developers kinda disliking the idea of the PS4 Pro and how games actually don't do what it's intended, why should I believe the opposite.

They're scam consoles in the sense that at any moment they will dangle a game that you want in front of your eyes and make you pay $200 extra for a system you already own just because it wouldn't run well on the vanilla PS4/Xbone.

It's one step away from doing a New 3DS styled exclusive game and it makes early adapters look and feel like **** that they have an inferior system and have to shelve our more money for a system they don't need and benefits no one but people with the most expendable income aka a minority which would probably build a PC that could do all what a Pro and Scorpio could do for far less cheaper.

Like where's the Bloodborne patch that doesn't make the game run like ass, the patch that fixes Infamous Second Son's janky framerate or FFXV 60fps patch Squeenix promised months ago? Pro ain't doing it's job

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
VR? You something which is disappointing with sales and the attachment rates, that VR?

Look from Developers kinda disliking the idea of the PS4 Pro and how games actually don't do what it's intended, why should I believe the opposite.

They're scam consoles in the sense that at any moment they will dangle a game that you want in front of your eyes and make you pay $200 extra for a system you already own just because it wouldn't run well on the vanilla PS4/Xbone.

It's one step away from doing a New 3DS styled exclusive game and it makes early adapters look and feel like **** that they have an inferior system and have to shelve our more money for a system they don't need and benefits no one but people with the most expendable income aka a minority which would probably build a PC that could do all what a Pro and Scorpio could do for far less cheaper.

Like where's the Bloodborne patch that doesn't make the game run like ***, the patch that fixes Infamous Second Son's janky framerate or FFXV 60fps patch Squeenix promised months ago? Pro ain't doing it's job
You are not going to get anything a Pro or Scorpio will do for "far less cheaper" on PC. These things are already $400. A GPU alone will cost you at least $250. Throw in a CPU and you're already looking at +$400. PCs are not cheaper in the slightest, and I wish people would stop shoving that misinformation down everyone's throat.

These new upgrades aren't scams, they're more options for consumers to pick and choose from. If you want something that has more power, you have the upgrade consoles, if you don't really care or are on a budget, you have the cheaper base consoles. No one is going to feel like **** because they have an inferior system. How do you think the PC gaming market works? Not everyone is going out and buying a SLI GTX 1080, an Intel i7 six-core processor, 16gbs of GDDR5 Memory, and $300 motherboards. They're buying what works best for their budget or for how much they care.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Some thought crossed my mind:

We're getting some pretty active results from that Choose Your Legends Fire Emblem Heroes event.

Imagine if the Smash Ballot was like that when sharing its results.

On the one hand, I'd feel relieved to know where characters I support stand/stood. On the other hand, I fear if Smash Ballot results were released during mid-Ballot, there'd probably be a bigger frenzy amongst the Smash community compared to Fire Emblem fans and the Choose Your Legends event (from what I've seen online, Fire Emblem discussion related to the event amongst its fans has been pretty civil).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I'm going to buy Roller Coaster Tycoon 2.

I've really been into Sim games lately, (Well, I mean Spore is one of my favorite games and it's a Sim game - Made by the kinds of Sim Maxis themselves) and after research of the Roller Coaster series, 2 seems to be the best of it's series.

I don't remember if it was the first or second I played when I was young.

I'd like to see a Sim Life 2 that's kind of a mixture of it and spore with modern graphics

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

PC is better than a PS4 Pro because you can play more games on it. Boom
You have more variety, yeah, but having many of the kinds of games that the PS4 has is kind of difficult and requires a lot of maintenance along with money. Which is why I don't have a gaming PC yet.(Yet, I will eventually.)

And this is someone who uses their PC even right now for most things, including games.(I just play a lot of older games on it, so most of my game time is on it.)

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I honestly don't use consoles anymore.

Just my 3DS and PC. Usually just get games off steam

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I barely have any space in my PC boxes in Pokemon Sun. Kinda wish I had extra boxes.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You have more variety, yeah, but having many of the kinds of games that the PS4 has is kind of difficult and requires a lot of maintenance along with money. Which is why I don't have a gaming PC yet.(Yet, I will eventually.)

And this is someone who uses their PC even right now for most things, including games.(I just play a lot of older games on it, so most of my game time is on it.)
I specifically said Pro. PC's are ultimately more expensive, but worth an investment more than the Pro. And if that 'Scorpio being crap' thing is to be believed then that thing is practically dead on arrival, no reason other than 'puuuuurdyyyyyyyy' as it HAS to have the games on the One too

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I find it funny that there are two versions of Ike in the male Top 5, despite him being from the worst selling games in the series.

EDIT: Just confirm the ports/remasters already IS. Stop trolling us. lol
Quoting, @redfeatherraven here.

Real talk.

There are real live human beings I would fistfight to see Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn remade.

Not even joking those games are ****ing stellar. I see Path of Radiance as the height of the Fire Emblem games. Radiant Dawn, though being my favorite, isn't as good thanks to its ludicrous story but even then the story is better there than it is in the most recent games.

I gotta say as much hate as the new games get from the old FE fans, they aren't bad. Most old fans would complain about the Waifu crap but I will complain about the story. Now the story has never been anything special on the handheld games (lookin' at you Sacred Stones) but the 3DS are FAR too safe for their own good. I couldn't give two ****s about the new support system as long as there was a good story. Which I admit the stories aren't BAD they are just rather cliche and uninteresting. Awakenings is better than any of the Fates stories. The one thing about the supports is that they are now getting a lot of the writing skill that the story deserves. Like I said, the marriage system and the dialogue that come with it are great, love that it saved the series. I really don't think the story should take a back seat to that dialogue. Sure, the dialogue is great for connecting with the characters but what's the point in loving the characters if you don't care what they're story is. I hope Echoes will help move the games into a more story driven game and I hope the Switch version will be a callback to the convoluted (but good) stories of past FE. We'll see how it all works out though.

/rant

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I specifically said Pro. PC's are ultimately more expensive, but worth an investment more than the Pro. And if that 'Scorpio being crap' thing is to be believed then that thing is practically dead on arrival, no reason other than 'puuuuurdyyyyyyyy' as it HAS to have the games on the One too
The PS4 Pro and Xbox One were both always supposed to have the same library as the base consoles. This has been known since the beginning. This doesn't make the consoles crap, it's, again, just another option. An option that's much cheaper than a PC of equal power and way less to maintain.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The PS4 Pro and Xbox One were both always supposed to have the same library as the base consoles. This has been known since the beginning. This doesn't make the consoles crap, it's, again, just another option. An option that's much cheaper than a PC of equal power and way less to maintain.
But what if you already have the other consoles? I hate the "It's just an option" argument as it works both ways, more often into the negative when it comes to different arguments. If I had to choose between a regular PS4 or a Pro, I'd buy the regular one as it's cheaper and almost the same thing. "But Gwen, you have a New 3DS" I bought it to replace my broken 3DS and that thing has GAMES and **** that the regular 3DS can't run. If the Scorpio can't even do what it claimed was possible, what's the point in buying it when the Xbox library is becoming lackluster after the only exclusives we know about are Crackdown 3, which we knew even less of than Scalebound, and that pirate game. It's a more expensive alternative that ultimately doesn't do jack, and the PS4 Pro makes some games look WORSE. It's also pretty bad for third parties as they'd have to put more time and money into their games as they have to make sure it can run on both, and if the upscaled version fails, it'd be a huge ass waste

D

Deleted member

The Pro is more like an alternative option more so than anything really, much like other console variations like slim versions. Or like the old 360 and the updated black 360. Like say if you haven't gotten a PS4 yet or your current one broke.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Quoting, @redfeatherraven here.

Real talk.

There are real live human beings I would fistfight to see Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn remade.

Not even joking those games are ****ing stellar. I see Path of Radiance as the height of the Fire Emblem games. Radiant Dawn, though being my favorite, isn't as good thanks to its ludicrous story but even then the story is better there than it is in the most recent games.

I gotta say as much hate as the new games get from the old FE fans, they aren't bad. Most old fans would complain about the Waifu crap but I will complain about the story. Now the story has never been anything special on the handheld games (lookin' at you Sacred Stones) but the 3DS are FAR too safe for their own good. I couldn't give two ****s about the new support system as long as there was a good story. Which I admit the stories aren't BAD they are just rather cliche and uninteresting. Awakenings is better than any of the Fates stories. The one thing about the supports is that they are now getting a lot of the writing skill that the story deserves. Like I said, the marriage system and the dialogue that come with it are great, love that it saved the series. I really don't think the story should take a back seat to that dialogue. Sure, the dialogue is great for connecting with the characters but what's the point in loving the characters if you don't care what they're story is. I hope Echoes will help move the games into a more story driven game and I hope the Switch version will be a callback to the convoluted (but good) stories of past FE. We'll see how it all works out though.

/rant
I can see Path of Radiance getting a rerelease/remastered on Switch.

That game and characters are way too popular not to market to again. And that poll might be the best case for it.

And that same poll might push for the FE6/7 remakes everyone wants or aka:

"The game that lets the player marry Lyn and make Roy a way better unit"

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just realized we got Fire Emblem Ballot Results but not Smash Ballot results.

lol, it makes still but is kind of ironic.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
But what if you already have the other consoles? I hate the "It's just an option" argument as it works both ways, more often into the negative when it comes to different arguments. If I had to choose between a regular PS4 or a Pro, I'd buy the regular one as it's cheaper and almost the same thing. "But Gwen, you have a New 3DS" I bought it to replace my broken 3DS and that thing has GAMES and **** that the regular 3DS can't run. If the Scorpio can't even do what it claimed was possible, what's the point in buying it when the Xbox library is becoming lackluster after the only exclusives we know about are Crackdown 3, which we knew even less of than Scalebound, and that pirate game. It's a more expensive alternative that ultimately doesn't do jack, and the PS4 Pro makes some games look WORSE. It's also pretty bad for third parties as they'd have to put more time and money into their games as they have to make sure it can run on both, and if the upscaled version fails, it'd be a huge *** waste
Then buy the base PS4. You fall under the, "I don't care if it's more powerful" catergory, so you'll purchase the base console. If you want more power, then you'll just upgrade to the stronger one, but that's only if you think that jump in power is worth the investment. And for a lot of people, that is worth the investment. And it's not going to be any more expensive for devs because game engines are made to be saleable. How do you think PC gaming works? No game dev is testing every configuration of hardware available, they just make sure they're game scales properly. They'll just do the same thing for consoles.

I understand that there are games that aren't running super well on the new hardware. It's new hardware, a lot of the games aren't fully optimized to take full advantage of things yet. I'd imagine any game released afterwards won't have any of these issues.

I also think you're putting too much emphasis on exclusives. For you, I understand they're important, but for the mass market, they're not at all.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Damn

Fire Emblem is more popular than Smash Bros
Then buy the base PS4. You fall under the, "I don't care if it's more powerful" catergory, so you'll purchase the base console. If you want more power, then you'll just upgrade to the stronger one, but that's only if you think that jump in power is worth the investment. And for a lot of people, that is worth the investment. And it's not going to be any more expensive for devs because game engines are made to be saleable. How do you think PC gaming works? No game dev is testing every configuration of hardware available, they just make sure they're game scales properly. They'll just do the same thing for consoles.

I understand that there are games that aren't running super well on the new hardware. It's new hardware, a lot of the games aren't fully optimized to take full advantage of things yet. I'd imagine any game released afterwards won't have any of these issues.

I also think you're putting too much emphasis on exclusives. For you, I understand they're important, but for the mass market, they're not at all.
At this point I really hate arguing with you as you never listen to what I say, just like last time and when I said Overwatch's first event skins were scummy

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Those are character polls from a single franchise which they can realease and not get a backlash.

Smash Ballot is a Pandora's box we shouldn't even touch. The amount of insanity and salt is enough to turn the whole Atlantic Ocean into the Dead Sea.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Those are character polls from a single franchise which they can realease and not get a backlash.

Smash Ballot is a Pandora's box we shouldn't even touch. The amount of insanity and salt is enough to turn the whole Atlantic Ocean into the Dead Sea.
Just the Atlantic?

For that matter, only as much as the Dead Sea?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Just the Atlantic?

For that matter, only as much as the Dead Sea?
There as sea is know as the body of water that has the most salt.

Now imagine that but in the Atlantic Ocean

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Roller Coaster tycoon is harder than I remember, lol

I built 1 ride, not even a rollar coaster, and I have no idea how I'm going to afford anything else.

It's this map though, there is a hill going down on most of it, and the one flat area has water

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
>Me 5 mintues ago
I havent been on smashboards in 2 days due to testing.Go to thread....Why am I all alone!!!!!
Anyway.Social thread 5.0 wonder if we'll make it to 7.0 by the end of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom