• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Aether Foundation is revealed to be bad news right at the beginning so there's no twist/reveal, we see Lusamine only a couple times and she's just a psycho, Guzma's past with Kukui wasn't explored, Ultra Beasts kinda just... existed, there was a huge cast of trial characters that were all charming but there's just so many and we're constantly moving so we never really know them (because that's what the anime is for).

Of course previous generations never got deep with the story or character development as well, and really this probably was a step up in just about every regard. I'm not trying to talk trash about the game honestly. I just felt like there was a lot of potential with the elements introduced and the new direction in terms of progression, that's all. I'm sure the anime will probably do much of it service as I said before.
If you mean the Pokémon anime with Ash... eeh, I don't have much hope for that. Yeah, it does a good job of expanding most characters, but dunno, it's not what I want.
I'd like something like Origins, actually.

But I see your point.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just voted for Lyn for the FE ballot.
Because Lyn is da best ya know?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

SE/Marvel announcement was this.
Eidos for an Iron Man game pls.

also lol at people expecting KH3/something MCU related

For those voting in the Fire Emblem Heroes thing, Nintendo has posted the results so far:
- Roy in second for males
- Tharja and Camilla in third and fourth for females
- Votes not being combined for characters with multiple entries

At least Joshua, Lute, Nino, Mia and Nephenee are doing well in spite of being "obscure"

PC is better than a PS4 Pro because you can play more games on it. Boom
Also, somewhat conflicted with the results so far. If Tharja beats Lyn I will be very upset
PC doesn't have Persona, Yakuza or Bloodborne.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If you mean the Pokémon anime with Ash... eeh, I don't have much hope for that. Yeah, it does a good job of expanding most characters, but dunno, it's not what I want.

But I see your point.
All it needs is the Ultra Beasts to show up and Ash to catch Buzzwole.
Then things will get more srs bsns aside from multiple gags where the "big bad bug" flexes and poses like Johnny Bravo.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

But I see your point.
Origins would've been great had it been a full on anime....but for what it is, it's ok...

The current Pokemon anime, I guess it's alright if you take it for what it is but once again my interest is waining...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Square Enix Avengers game. :D

Now to hope against all hope for a Switch port.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Square Enix Avengers game. :D

Now to hope against all hope for a Switch port.
If it runs on Ureal Engine 4, they have a shot.

Also thanks to combined votes I'm gonna do an estimate of a new Top 10 List for Male and Female. I have an idea of it and I want to make sure everything is a cute to what it'll look like with the combined votes

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
According to serebii, Pokémon Company has banned 5,954 people who been using altered saved data (and will continue to hunt more). Ban includes you can't Game Sync, entering rating battles, battle competitions, and global missions. If you get a 090-0212 error message, you're a victim.

Last edited:

Haze.

not a nice guy
User was warned for this post
According to serebii, Pokémon Company has banned 5,954 people who been using altered saved data (and will continue to hunt more). Ban includes you can't Game Sync, entering rating battles, battle competitions, and global missions. If you get a 090-0212 error message, you're a victim.
bodied.

D

Deleted member

For ****'s sake, why is every console that is not the NES, SNES or a Nintendo handheld so hard to emulate?
I've been trying to make Jojo: Heritage for the Future run on ePSXe for the whole day and the damn thing just won't work
I have the Pete's video plug-in, I have the BIOS file and I have the .bin ROM so what is going wrong? Guess I'll stick with the GBA and SNES since even a monkey could make them work

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Her legendary skins are ugly. Though who plays as her anyways.

She and Hanzo are the only ones to not get legendary skins through an event yet. Genji technically as well if you don't count the Oni skin. Cuse noones getting that.
Sort of, her Huntress skins aren't bad.
And indeed as what this video is about.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
For ****'s sake, why is every console that is not the NES, SNES or a Nintendo handheld so hard to emulate?
I've been trying to make Jojo: Heritage for the Future run on ePSXe for the whole day and the damn thing just won't work
I have the Pete's video plug-in, I have the BIOS file and I have the .bin ROM so what is going wrong? Guess I'll stick with the GBA and SNES since even a monkey could make them work
It's pretty ironic that Nintendo has the strictest anti-emulation and anti-piracy stance, yet their consoles are the ones with the best emulators.

D

Deleted member

Perhaps I should find out how to work it since I have things such as my dolphin emu and N64 emu. Oh, and also the MAME emu, that took me awhile to make it work.

Also, speaking of monkeys, or chimps in this case. I heard yesterday that at one point a chimp named Macaco Tião almost got elected as the mayor of Rio.

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yeah I follow Force Gaming.

He's the only Overwatch youtuber that isn't full of himself.
Um, I'm not so sure about that, I also follow others as well.
McCreamy is the best Overwatch YouTuber. What a legend.
Zylbrad, Muselk, Shenpai etc. are all hilarious too.

D

Deleted member

Alright, problem with Jojo solved: just use a DreamCast emulator instead, got it to work but another problem has arised: I have no idea how to see or change the keyboard controls and it doesn't seem like any of these google search results are helping
EDIT: Never****ingmind, turns out I'm just an idiot

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
According to serebii, Pokémon Company has banned 5,954 people who been using altered saved data (and will continue to hunt more). Ban includes you can't Game Sync, entering ranked battles, battle competitions, and global missions. If you get a 090-0212 error message, you're a victim.
God, I hope I am not one of them. I hacked Pokemon Omega Ruby so that I could get the Diancie event. But I haven't use any other code beside that one.
For now, everything seem fine, but you are never fully sure with Nintendo when it come to hacking.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Huh, I've never had a problem getting ePSXe to run. What version of the emulator are you using?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
God, I hope I am not one of them. I hacked Pokemon Omega Ruby so that I could get the Diancie event. But I haven't use any other code beside that one.
For now, everything seem fine, but you are never fully sure with Nintendo when it come to hacking.
I just hacked Pokemon in and put them in bank and not the saved data so I should be fine. Seeing how bank didnt go "Uhoh, you cant bank these"

Not like I use those features anyway

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Genesis is actually way easier to emulate and arcade emulation requires a decent PC for consistent performance.

Also any PlayStation emulation absolutely sucks.

Just do MUGEN. It's probably less taxing than emulation

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
RE7 is freaking wild, I love it
I know right?
In how many game you can do a MOTHER ****ing CHAINSAW dual with a Evil Dead reference in it?! Like, this is so insane!!!!
And this game cleary know when it's know it's not serious, and it embrace it like a wonderful B-movie. I ****ing love that.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

But I see your point.
Yet again just read the manga. :p

Makes me somewhat glad to have given up hacking back in Gen 4. I hacked the crap out of the original DP back in the day. I got a lot of attention back in Middle School as that cool 8th Grader who could get you a Darkrai/Shaymin early. lol

Unless this targets your NNID, I doubt this will affect much as you could just reset your save file. I'm just interested in how this will impact Poketubers such as Shofu who use hacked mon to make video content.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I love it but if I bought it I'd never play it.
It's the opposite for me, I love the game, but I don't have a PS4 or a Xbox One to play it. The only way I could play it will be on PC but the game cost too much on Steam. And my parent won't probably let me pass their card to buy it, which suck. :/ (Tough, I am not entirely sure if my PC can handle the game, but I think it could since I was able to play TF2 without any problem)

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Eh, I feel like you just looked too much theory online.
Yeah, there is missed potential, but the story isn't that bad. Lusamine doesn't need to show up at every opportunity so that we know everything about her (the side character already say alot abotu her) and several peoples note how she was before she became a psycho. (She was searching her husband that dissipear due to a accident, a accident tied with the Ultra-Beast. Which is why she became crazy about them)
As for Guzma and Kukui, I honestly don't feel like that it was bad that we don't know that much about their relation, we know just enough so that to leave our imagination to do the job. And it would make the pace of the story already slower that it's already is.
The Ultra-Beast, well, apart from Nihilego, yeah, you're right on that. They shouldn't have hyped them as something that important ot the game (same for the returning character from previous gen beside some). But they still feel nice for the post-game atleast.
I don't think any of us expected her to be this omnipresent character, but I do agree that as she is (and the Aether Foundation as a whole), we don't see her as much as you'd expect from the advertising. We only see her once before the big plot twist happens, and when it happens she goes immediately from 'nice woman with some shadiness" to "outright insane" with little in-between, so the twist doesn't hit you as hard as it could've since you don't really get to know her before the sanity slip. I think she and the Foundation would've benefitted more from being seen around the region since in that case, we can see more of her and get used to her before the twist hits us in the face and surprises us, and we can see what good (and maybe bad) the Aether Foundation is doing in the region. It would've gave her and the foundation a larger pedestal to fall from and it would've made their presence in the region more prominent.

Guzma, I do agree that his relationship with Kukui isn't too important in the scheme of things, but similar to Lusamine, he doesn't get a lot of time to himself before the big twist as we only see him once we get to the third island. I think he could've had one appearance on the second island, even if it's just something brief for him.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

SE/Marvel announcement was this.
Eidos for an Iron Man game pls.

also lol at people expecting KH3/something MCU related

- Roy in second for males
- Tharja and Camilla in third and fourth for females
- Votes not being combined for characters with multiple entries

At least Joshua, Lute, Nino, Mia and Nephenee are doing well in spite of being "obscure"

PC doesn't have Persona, Yakuza or Bloodborne.

Hey, they said multi game partnership.

As far as I'm concerned that doesn't rule out Mavel in KH3
But can we still get it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom