• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Honestly, if I had to have a specific request on a game-mode that should be in the theoretical port for the Switch, it would definitely be Smash Run. Maybe add in some new enemies and some new maps, along with custom settings, and you have a great game mode.
Agreed.

That mode can be something great if they keep expanding upon it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why Chell and not Morgan Freeman?
I feel Chell could have a more interesting moveset and a more exciting stage.

Both are about as iconic as each other, even if Half Life was a bigger game impact wise.

D

Deleted member

I just kind of put them down in the order they came to me rather than which ones I want most, although it's probably accurate to that/

But that's weird. I was just going to put down Freddy but I realized after writing that Springtrap might be appropriate.
Especially considering he may or may not be the overall main character of the franchise depending on whether certain theories are true or not.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
IIRC Wrath of Cortex, Twinsanity, some of the racing games, and the Activision titles were on GameCube and Wii, with a few GBA titles as well.
Yeah, I knew I was remembering something

And besides, right now he's playable on Nintendo through Skylanders.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Agreed.

That mode can be something great if they keep expanding upon it.

Exactly; and I hope they do add expand upon Smash Run itself in the theoretical port (why they wouldn't is beyond me when you have so many opportunities to give it more love). Either way, I want to beat up Goomba's and Waddle Dee's (no offense to @Chandeelure) and watch them go flying into other enemies in HD quality graphics. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Jojo: HftF update:
-Pet Shop still broken
-Why is Kakyoin's sprite and amimations just so goddamn weird? He looks like a sore thumb next to literally every other character
-Hermit Purple is still the worst Stand
-Time Stop is fun but takes 3 super meters and is practically useless since every hit during it will count as part of the combo and your damage gets lower the higher the combo counter is.

Still: Toki wo Tomare->Knife throw->MUDAMUDAMUDA->You don't even realise you're already dead->And now, time moves once again->Knifes hit is the best and most unnecessary combo in a fighting game
Son, about that
We don't talk about it
It'd have to be someone from Persona 5, due to that Mystery dungeon type game on 3DS.
It's an EO ripoff not mystery dungeon damnit
Also, anyone from 1 or 2 because that game only has characters from 3 and 4

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I was prepared for trouble but not for this.

IIRC the gold Meowth is a reference too.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

The references to their old Pokemon are cute, but I can't help but think Poison types would make terrible bait.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You just mad because I care more about Persona Q then EO son
No one cares about Persona Q
It doesn't have the gameplay of a Persona game nor is it on a console for Persona fans and it's basically a watered down verson of EOIV without all the good stuff or what makes the series unique
I honestly question who thohght it'd be a good idea

They're fishing on my tears

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
No one cares about Persona Q
It doesn't have the gameplay of a Persona game nor is it on a console for Persona fans and it's basically a watered down verson of EOIV without all the good stuff or what makes the series unique
I honestly question who thohght it'd be a good idea
Wow you are salty

Its actually a pretty good game, as a Persona fan I loved it. You should, at least, give it a try

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know, sometimes(read: most of the time) FE likes to throw expository dialogue when normally, no one would do that
Like two antagonists discussing things they already know about but feel the need to explain it in detail.
But hey, it's the best way to handle that exposition imo, because it usually allows you to infer other things
An example would be Milady and Gale in FE6's chapter 11A, Milady is surprised Gale would ask help from Narcian when he took Gale's position as a Wyvern General by mentioning the fact Gale wasn't born on Bern, though Gale doesn't seem to hold a grudge against and says he's quite happy about his current positiona and that asking for more would be greed.

From that small conversation you can infer some things:
-Narcian is not as strong as he looks and is all just talk
-He's also a pretty big ****(not that he wasn't already from threathening his subordinates for no reason and his implied **** attempts) and doesn't care about what happens to others
-Gale is going to be the Camus of this game
-Zephiel gets "xenophobic" added to his list. It now includes: racist, misanthropist, furry, ****, that guy who killed your cool uncle despite said uncle having saved his life some 20 years ago, asshole, whatever the word is for people who hate their siblings and xenophobic.

But two chapters later, we find out that one of the Wyvern Generals is UNDER Narcian so I don't knkw if that guy with a Spear isn't one of them or if this game's writing doesn't make any sense
Also
>Chapter 13: Rescue Mission
I thought all maps were Seize
>Cecilia is on the Gate
Uh...
>Narcian and Spear Moustache guy are fielded...
UH
>They're not in a Throne
This could be bad
>Zephiel shows up on Turn 1
RED ALERT

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does anyone know how to make burmy into trash form?

I've been leveling it up in the city, but it's still grass form

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So my Dad ended up finding a NES Classic in a shady pawn shop. It's completely new and legit though, not too surprising all things considered.

On a side note, this is a nice cheat sheet for non-wrestling fans/people just getting into wrestling. Just feel like posting it. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/5qat04/royal_rumble_cheat_sheet/
John Cena sucks. He doesn't, but his booking does. Still, John Cena sucks.
Undertaker (?) Wrestling legend. His mid-life crisis involved listening to Limp Bizkit.
Xavier Woods (Face) Dressed as Vegeta for Wrestlemania. Plays trombone. Huge dork.
Jericho (Heel) G.O.A.T. Hates heights even though he does MITB matches. Always cheered.
Matt Hardy (Face) Single-handily kept TNA alive this past year.
Ronda Rousey (Tween) Her power level is over 9000. Glass cannon.
Shinsuke Nakamura (Face) NXT champ. Voldo from Soul Calibur.
This is so perfect.

Last edited:
You know, sometimes(read: most of the time) FE likes to throw expository dialogue when normally, no one would do that
Like two antagonists discussing things they already know about but feel the need to explain it in detail.
But hey, it's the best way to handle that exposition imo, because it usually allows you to infer other things
An example would be Milady and Gale in FE6's chapter 11A, Milady is surprised Gale would ask help from Narcian when he took Gale's position as a Wyvern General by mentioning the fact Gale wasn't born on Bern, though Gale doesn't seem to hold a grudge against and says he's quite happy about his current positiona and that asking for more would be greed.

From that small conversation you can infer some things:
-Narcian is not as strong as he looks and is all just talk
-He's also a pretty big ****(not that he wasn't already from threathening his subordinates for no reason and his implied **** attempts) and doesn't care about what happens to others
-Gale is going to be the Camus of this game
-Zephiel gets "xenophobic" added to his list. It now includes: racist, misanthropist, furry, ****, that guy who killed your cool uncle despite said uncle having saved his life some 20 years ago, *******, whatever the word is for people who hate their siblings and xenophobic.

But two chapters later, we find out that one of the Wyvern Generals is UNDER Narcian so I don't knkw if that guy with a Spear isn't one of them or if this game's writing doesn't make any sense
Also
>Chapter 13: Rescue Mission
I thought all maps were Seize
>Cecilia is on the Gate
Uh...
>Narcian and Spear Moustache guy are fielded...
UH
>They're not in a Throne
This could be bad
>Zephiel shows up on Turn 1
RED ALERT
Narcian is one of my favorite characters in the game. I dont even have a good reason other than I found every line of dialogue from him being enjoyable and the fact he is pretty much your rival through the midgame

Also lol that chapter. It's super easy, especially at the end, but I did enjoy getting to split my army.

I wish I used Cecilia but I already had Clarine. RIP

From taht Royal Rumble cheat sheet I read a few hours ago and has now been posted here
Nia Jax (Heel) Minmax on +STR/-DEX
lol'd, but she also has min Charisma too based on her promo on Monday
:061:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hmm. . .since the first six months of the Switch are decent for me but still have quite a few dry spells, I think I'll ask you guys for recommendations for additional things to look into for it since I want to have a decent selection. I probably won't pick up TOO much since I still want to have enough for the deluge of games later in the year and beyond, but. . .

. . .Let's say I want to pick up one physical copy game within the first three months, possibly two. Zelda is preordered and Mania is a definite consideration, so those don't need to be suggested. All of the games in the present selection are new to me due to my not having purchased them before, including Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and anything that was on PS4/XB1. I don't particularly like "puzzle" games, so those probably wouldn't appeal to me. ARMS looked like a well built game, but I'm not sure if I have the preference for a non-Smash fighting game at this time since Pokken ended up collecting dust.

Is there anything in particular that other early adopters would be willing to recommend? A particularly funny or quality piece of gameplay footage in the case of existing games would be particularly helpful.

D

Deleted member

Narcian is one of my favorite characters in the game. I dont even have a good reason other than I found every line of dialogue from him being enjoyable and the fact he is pretty much your rival through the midgame

Also lol that chapter. It's super easy, especially at the end, but I did enjoy getting to split my army.

I wish I used Cecilia but I already had Clarine. RIP

From taht Royal Rumble cheat sheet I read a few hours ago and has now been posted here

lol'd, but she also has min Charisma too based on her promo on Monday
:061:
I like when I get to split my armies
Lile in 11A where you have three paghs and good thing I did because Lugh and Marcus were able to save a vilage just in time from a Brigand in the northern and southern part, respectively
I also just happened to send Clarine down where her brother shows uo and she was inside his range by the turn he showed up

But geez you didn't need to spoil on that Cecilia bit

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why do I recognize so many of these wrestler's names when I haven't watched wrestling since the late 80's/ early 90's

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Gah, now I'm thinking I used too many words in my question.

What would be a good Switch game to pick up early on?

The vast majority of ports would be completely new to me, already preordered Zelda.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Hmm. . .since the first six months of the Switch are decent for me but still have quite a few dry spells, I think I'll ask you guys for recommendations for additional things to look into for it since I want to have a decent selection. I probably won't pick up TOO much since I still want to have enough for the deluge of games later in the year and beyond, but. . .

. . .Let's say I want to pick up one physical copy game within the first three months, possibly two. Zelda is preordered and Mania is a definite consideration, so those don't need to be suggested. All of the games in the present selection are new to me due to my not having purchased them before, including Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and anything that was on PS4/XB1. I don't particularly like "puzzle" games, so those probably wouldn't appeal to me. ARMS looked like a well built game, but I'm not sure if I have the preference for a non-Smash fighting game at this time since Pokken ended up collecting dust.

Is there anything in particular that other early adopters would be willing to recommend? A particularly funny or quality piece of gameplay footage in the case of existing games would be particularly helpful.
Well, Disgaea 5 is fun if you enjoy Tactical JRPGs

Chrono.

Gah, now I'm thinking I used too many words in my question.

What would be a good Switch game to pick up early on?

The vast majority of ports would be completely new to me, already preordered Zelda.
Puyo Puyo Tetris brah, I Am Setsuna is a good game I hear, as is Binding of Isaac and Disgaea 5 is anime in all the right places.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom