• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In what way was he in the stream, like, actually participating in it, just a short amount of time, or just a small appearence like in the chat?
He was talking. I haven't watched it, but I saw a post on twitter than showed part of the stream, and it was Jontron actually participating

Like, they called him in and stuff

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
What would your reaction be in the hypothetical scenario where a Smash 4 port actually happens but the only additional characters we get are veterans?
Ice Climbers and Wolf are obvious.

But here's some alternatives:

• A revamped and rebooted Young Link with a new movest
  • Ivysaur and Squirtle return with a Final Smash ripped from Digimon where they warp evolve into Mega Venasaur with Frenzy Plant and Mega Blastoise with Hydro Cannon only to revert back to normal
  • Snake comes out of nowhere

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
God damn today is going so well. I couldn't sell my Wii and now Barnes' WiFi went to ****. Now I'm at Wegmans, and I don't thnk there's a power outlet for my laptop.

Am I being tested today, God? Because I didn't ****ing study.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
What would your reaction be in the hypothetical scenario where a Smash 4 port actually happens but the only additional characters we get are veterans?
Well I wanted Pichu, but I wouldn't bothing buying another smash 4 even if he was in it
God damn today is going so well. I couldn't sell my Wii and now Barnes' WiFi went to ****. Now I'm at Wegmans, and I don't thnk there's a power outlet for my laptop.

Am I being tested today, God? Because I didn't ****ing study.
God never gives us time to study for his tests

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Did I see some discussion related to Nowi?

Well speak of Grima, because look who is my next pick for the Battle Ballot:

Yep, I voted for an Awakening character this time, and it was none other than Nowi. One of my favorite characters from Awakening who was also my first S-Support with Robin, she was a rockingly good unit in the battlefield and has some great supports. She may be playful like Elise, yes, but I personally prefer Nowi more to the Nohrian little sister for some reason. The only thing I don't like about Nowi is her design, but something tells me that clothing might have something to do with where she was prior to Chapter 8. Too bad Awakening never explains that.

Only four days left of the ballot. Now to decide how these next few days will play out. One of four scenarios could happen from here:

A) I continue to vote for four different characters

B) I repeat a vote for Takumi, Oboro, and Hinata, then vote for a new character on the final day

C) For the next three days, I repeat another vote for Takumi, with the final day going to a new character

D) For the last four days, I will repeat another vote for Takumi

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
YUP.

IT'S ONE OF THOSE DAYS.

ITS ONE OF THOSE ****ING DAYS.

I'm stuck in town for another six hours without a laptop. **** me.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Probably feeling mildly disappointed for a while followed by indifference, but feeling uncomfortable due to the sheer number of people massively disappointed.

My disappointment would probably be partially in the fans, though, because that would almost certainly mean that veterans dominated the first party side of the Ballot and that the fandom did it to themselves.

That said, Inkling always struck me as a wrench thrown into any "by the book" proceedings once they got past the Ballot timeframe where they would have come off as cheap marketing and they continued surging forward, and managing to get into Mario Kart when that isn't even a major crossover franchise and had previously only gotten popular casual characters outside of the Mario series added kind of cements it.

My current "safe" prediction would be Inkling + Ballot, with the latter possibly being a veteran but not guaranteed to be.

I think I have a bit of a question on game development, though. How much crossover is there between staff that would handle tasks such as stages and modes and staff that would handle characters? I want to know how much drain things other than characters being worked on would actually have on a character set.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
GUYS I SAID GO BACK I'M SORRY
Actually, I planned on voting for Nowi prior to that conversation taking place.:p

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
We're posting green haired grills?
085.png
025.png
075.png

Unless some sort of interesting Smash related news comes along in the coming weeks/months, this will be my last Smash related question:

When do you guys believe we will receive any sort of news on a new game/port, specifically if you had to pick or rate the chances of each choice from these three questions?

1. It will get teased or hinted at in a direct before the Switch releases.

2. It will appear sometime after the Switch releases, but before E3.

3. It will be revealed officially at E3 2017.

If I had to make a choice, I'd go for 1.
I don't think any of them is particularly likely.

We will hear about it sometime in late 2017 though, I'm sure.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
This is clearly the best green-haired grill.

-"But Kaiba is a bo-"
-"SCREW THE RULES, I HAVE GREEN HAIR"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Next on FE6: a desert map AND a Fog of War map at the same time.
And the best part is that I'm on a timed mission if I want(more that I NEED it) the next Gaiden Chapter.
FE6 isn't even trying to make me like it
Fe6 bull**** desert map google search

Second result
Does that area with Sophia means she is the one who needs to step on it?
Nope, he only wishes he had green hair. I'm talking about his partner.
Bucky then?
EDIT: damnit

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Quite okay. Would be happy to see Bulbasaur, Ice Climbers and Wolf back.

I'll probably take a break from the internet though.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Augh!

DH and Lylat are now banned in Smash 4 Competitive.

This is awful.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Yep, I voted for an Awakening character this time, and it was none other than Nowi. One of my favorite characters from Awakening who was also my first S-Support with Robin, she was a rockingly good unit in the battlefield and has some great supports. She may be playful like Elise, yes, but I personally prefer Nowi more to the Nohrian little sister for some reason. The only thing I don't like about Nowi is her design, but something tells me that clothing might have something to do with where she was prior to Chapter 8. Too bad Awakening never explains that.

Only four days left of the ballot. Now to decide how these next few days will play out. One of four scenarios could happen from here:

B) I repeat a vote for Takumi, Oboro, and Hinata, then vote for a new character on the final day

C) For the next three days, I repeat another vote for Takumi, with the final day going to a new character

You should probably vote for Takumi again; afaik he's not really popular in the West, so he needs every vote he can get.

Last edited:
Does that area with Sophia means she is the one who needs to step on it?
yes

Welcome to the worst map in the game yayyyyyy
it gets worse in a few turns lol

Also you BETTER be getting those gaiden chapters or else. . .well I won't say haha
Augh!

DH and Lylat are now banned in Smash 4 Competitive.

This is awful.
Im fine with no duck hunt for purely bias reasons because **** that camera but cutting Lylat?

Nah
dreamland too
:061:

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why> They've been legal all this time seems stupid to ban them.

guess we need that port with new stages afterall...
Dream Land has now been lumped together with Battlefield too.

Terrible.

D

Deleted member

Disappointed.

And irritated if Pichu, Squirtle, and Ivysaur were brought back in place of a Sun/Moon Pokémon. Also irritated if we got Young Link.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

I take it you've only played the 2 new games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom