• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless some sort of interesting Smash related news comes along in the coming weeks/months, this will be my last Smash related question:

When do you guys believe we will receive any sort of news on a new game/port, specifically if you had to pick or rate the chances of each choice from these three questions?

1. It will get teased or hinted at in a direct before the Switch releases.

2. It will appear sometime after the Switch releases, but before E3.

3. It will be revealed officially at E3 2017.

If I had to make a choice, I'd go for 1.
I think option 3 is the most likely one, though I personally don't expect it to happen anytime soon.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I keep reading things about how Marvel is ruining their comics.

To the Marvel readers, do these things ring true?

• Heroes becoming mean and unrelatable
  • Perfectly good heroes being shamed for something
  • Political extremism
  • Changing established character's personalities and arcs for little to no reason
  • Attempting to reinvent characters that don't need to be reinvented
These are the things I keep hearing.
That's the gist of it. Really, off the top of my head Spider-Man's the only one who wasn't turned into a complete asshole, but he hasn't been written the best either.

Dreamland is a counterpick

Duck Hunt and Lylat are banned

Dave's Stupid Rule is removed

That is a CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY set of changes if this gets adopted by tournaments.

Like holy ****
:061:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Probably late to the party, but yesterday I finally got around to watching girls und Panzer yesterday. Really good show.

I told myself I wouldn't binge the whole show in one day, but I did anyway...I need to stop doing that. >_>
Yeah, its actually surprisingly good, and quite a few people were actually surprised it wasn't the standard CGDCT anime that happens every season. Also I'd implore you to read the prequel manga called Little Army, since it delves further into Miho's backstory and sheds some more light on Maho's character.

Also do yourself a favour, never look up Fanfiction of it, its literally just filled with Generic Self-insert Harem crap.

Bruh. Zelda is pulling out the Master Sword!
Or she could just be pulling on it, angle of the shoot doesn't exactly show she's pulled it out. Unless absolutely crazy theory here, there's a segment in BoTW where you play as Zelda with her needing to find the Master Sword for Link.

What would your reaction be in the hypothetical scenario where a Smash 4 port actually happens but the only additional characters we get are veterans?
Very happy actually, because Pichu being back means that Gen II is finally at the for front again, Plus I'd enjoy the fact Pokemon Trainer is back, cause screw you guys I actually like transformation characters.
:popo::wolf::snake::ivysaur::squirtle:

You know you want us Zebei...

You know you want us............
But Swamp, what about :younglinkmelee::pichumelee::pt:, how can you be so cruel and forget these vets? They fought for you right to Melee and Brawl after all, so that you could 4.

And I really hope that joke works

We're posting green haired grills?
Ah, yes the Lesbian Exterminator, the Lesbian Sadist and Lesbian Judge.

Also if any of you are surprised by me saying this, remember I'm a self admitted Yuri fan, and remember Everyone is gay in Gensokyo

Also pretty sure you missed a few members of the Green Hair Cult there, Fal

What kind of place has free WiFi and no ****ing outlets? -_-

God I'm so pissed. Today is such a waste.
Its to teach casuals like you to charge at home that's why.

Actually its probably cause they can't afford for customers to increase their electric bill.

Also saw some stuff on Piracy, something I'd like to add.

Basically the whole thought process that people have of since I'm stealing this game for a big company, I'm not hurting anyone, when in fact you are actually hurting the Devs who made the game, not necessarily the guys up top who get paid to much, since the Devs are the first ones to lose their jobs and pay cuts, instead of the guys up top doing the smart thing and cutting their salaries instead of the average employees.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Its to teach casuals like you to charge at home that's why.

Actually its probably cause they can't afford for customers to increase their electric bill.
Joking or not, I'd like to point out that I'm not able to afford internet.

Anyways doesn't matter now. Barnes got their **** together.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Unless some sort of interesting Smash related news comes along in the coming weeks/months, this will be my last Smash related question:

When do you guys believe we will receive any sort of news on a new game/port, specifically if you had to pick or rate the chances of each choice from these three questions?

1. It will get teased or hinted at in a direct before the Switch releases.

2. It will appear sometime after the Switch releases, but before E3.

3. It will be revealed officially at E3 2017.

If I had to make a choice, I'd go for 1.
1- Is too early, Nintendo probably wants all the momentum for Zelda during this quarter.
The only Smash related stuff will be the "Cloudrrinetta" amiibos.

2-This period probably will be a rumor fest, but without any official announcement. A Direct might happen tho.

So I say 3; but only a small teaser with a dedicated direct in Fall 2017.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Probably late to the party, but yesterday I finally got around to watching girls und Panzer yesterday. Really good show.

I told myself I wouldn't binge the whole show in one day, but I did anyway...I need to stop doing that. >_>
It's great. The character development isn't much but damn it's a fun show to watch. If you've played any World War II FPS, you should recognise at least some of the tanks.

I also really enjoyed the Katyusha rendition.

Starlight_Lily

Joking or not, I'd like to point out that I'm not able to afford internet.

Anyways doesn't matter now. Barnes got their **** together.
Was just joking, any how must stores provide Wi-FI and not power outlets, which I find understandable, since its their store, and providing a Wifi access point doesn't cost as much as letting a customer have access to their power sockets.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
You should really play the older games that came out worldwide. They're vastly superior.
The praise I keep hearing about the older games is why I intend on playing Sacred Stone first, because I've been hearing about how it's a great game to play to those that are new to older Fire Emblem titles.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ah, yes the Lesbian Exterminator, the Lesbian Sadist and Lesbian Judge.

Also if any of you are surprised by me saying this, remember I'm a self admitted Yuri fan, and remember Everyone is gay in Gensokyo

Also pretty sure you missed a few members of the Green Hair Cult there, Fal
I've no problem with Yuri. I mean, there is no male character to ship them with, so....

I know Morichika exists, but he's only for Marisa.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Oh yeah, I forgot to do tag along with that green-haired character discussion prior, so I'll do that right now,

It just so happens that two of my top 5 favorite Pokemon characters have green hair:

Say what you will about either of them, but I think both Wally and N are pretty awesome.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
What about this green haired character?

Wait, wh-

*realizes who it is*

Dangit, I was struggling to think up something for this conversation, how the flip did I forget her?

Heck, why didn't Rydia come up before this?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
IRL people with green hair look horrible 99% of the time

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
The praise I keep hearing about the older games is why I intend on playing Sacred Stone first, because I've been hearing about how it's a great game to play to those that are new to older Fire Emblem titles.
I'd recommend the same. Sacred Stones will have a lot of the features you're familiar with, like a world map, monster battles for grinding, branching promotion trees, and one crazy broken unit who is capable of soloing the entire game, and isn't overly challenging, so it's a good game to go for if you got into the series via Awakening or Fates.

D

Deleted member

IRL people with green hair look horrible 99% of the time
I like the dark-blueish green specifically. Bright yellowish-green is pretty ugly though. But it comes down to how you DIY your hair really and what shade of green it is.

I mean, my favorite color is green, but green is a color that can look really good or really ugly.

Ok im going crazy

This song. Around the the 0:16 mark. That piano. Imagine it as an acoustic guitar.

Does it remind you of any song? Because im going mad trying to remember what song it is like because I know I had it on repeat for weeks.
:062:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I like other unnatural colors though. Like purple
It could also be lighting or brightness. When it comes to unnatural hair, like blue, green or purple hair, I tend to find darker looking hair or hair with some shade to it tends to look better compared to really bright hair.

D

Deleted member

Do you guys like Battle Mangos?

Welp, check THIS out:

Heavy is the Head_008.png

Heavy is the Head_009.png

You can read the full thing here:

http://imgur.com/gallery/SpTpx

Reposts and shares on 4chan and Reddit and what not (if you like it), are always much appreciated. Stay tuned for Chapter 2 in a few weeks.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Oh yeah, I forgot to do tag along with that green-haired character discussion prior, so I'll do that right now,

It just so happens that two of my top 5 favorite Pokemon characters have green hair:

Say what you will about either of them, but I think both Wally and N are pretty awesome.
Wally is the best boy and so is N.

That's what I can say.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Also a little sad there's no mention of Saria...

Starlight_Lily

I've no problem with Yuri. I mean, there is no male character to ship them with, so....

I know Morichika exists, but he's only for Marisa.
Who the hell is Morichika? And nope sorry, Marisa's a women who needs to run wild over Gensokyo stealing all maiden's special thing.

And no that isn't some innuendo to those who don't get it, its a meme in the Touhou fandom, plus pretty sure it just refers to people's hearts, as in people falling in love, not her literally stealing people's actual hearts, but don't put it past Marisa, she is that much of a kleptomaniac.

Plus Fal, you remember this:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Trying to get into Touhou
I... how... how do you do to NOT die?
yes

Welcome to the worst map in the game yayyyyyy
it gets worse in a few turns lol

Also you BETTER be getting those gaiden chapters or else. . .well I won't say haha

Im fine with no duck hunt for purely bias reasons because **** that camera but cutting Lylat?

Nah
dreamland too
:061:
Yeah, I know about the true ending requiring the Legendary Weapons and thus requires the Gaiden chapters
This is actually something I like about FE6, having to get the Gaiden chapters to get the S-Rank weapons, that is. FE7 just drops all of them on Endgame, FE8 just hands them over by the third arc, Awakening has none but you get super powerful weapons like candy and Fates just makes them unmissable drops

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
That said, Inkling always struck me as a wrench thrown into any "by the book" proceedings once they got past the Ballot timeframe where they would have come off as cheap marketing and they continued surging forward, and managing to get into Mario Kart when that isn't even a major crossover franchise and had previously only gotten popular casual characters outside of the Mario series added kind of cements it.

My current "safe" prediction would be Inkling + Ballot, with the latter possibly being a veteran but not guaranteed to be.
Inklings seems the one character I would argue to be a "when, not if" character (which is more than what I would argue for any other character) . Even if they don't make it into a Smash 4 port, I expect them to eventually make it into a Smash game seeing as the Inklings are big, iconic and popular main characters from a major, iconic new Nintendo franchise that Nintendo are heavily promoting. They would also be obviously very unique fighters.

Oh. That's just a preference then, I guess.
I like green and blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom