• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Look at yoooou, boy, callin' Palutena old and then going for Pandora.

It's like you're trying to tick Palutena off. You do know what happened the last time someone ticked Palutena off, right?
Oh what. All she's gonna do is send Pit off to fight for her.

Can't do much on her own. Matter of fact, those Gods are lazy and can't do anything without our favorite angel helping them.

And all they do is bully him

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

R.I.P. The Elephant Man

He may not be the original, but he played the role very well in the movie.
He had a ton of other roles too. Like the War Doctor, Felix in Valiant, Adam Sutler in V for Vendetta, Trevor Bruttenholm in Hellboy, Dr. Ollivander in the Harry Potter Saga, Dr. Oxley in Indiana Jones, and so forth.

Still, losing a great actor like him sucks. Rest in peace.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
no
No
NO
NOOOOOOOOOO
whyyyy
I guess that pancreatic cancer did more than enough damage to him within the last few years.

Now they would have to find a new actor for the new Harry Potter films.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh what. All she's gonna do is send Pit off to fight for her.

Can't do much on her own. Matter of fact, those Gods are lazy and can't do anything without our favorite angel helping them.

And all they do is bully him
Correction: they can't do anything without sending somebody else out to do it for them because they're lazy.

Palutena just doesn't bother sending the rest of her crew out anymore for major stuff because Pit's the only one that doesn't crumple in the face of the other factions' mooks, and even then they still get used for more manageable issues. Everyone else is just jealous because Pit's so good at his job that Palutena doesn't NEED to use anyone else, but that doesn't mean the other factions can't do anything.

Pit would be just as useless without everyone else as they would be without him, even the jerks depending on what's going on. Pit does most of the heavy lifting, but someone still needs to get him to each location and there's a handful of situations where intervention was needed, sometimes from Palutena and sometimes from far more unlikely sources. The most extreme situations that cropped up wouldn't have been resolved without both Pit being awesome and everyone else bailing him out when that wasn't enough.

And technically they don't all just bully him. Palutena can tease him pretty hard but it's obvious she actually cares about him despite that, and even Viridi is a bit of a tsundere underneath the sheer amount of abuse she dishes out. Sometimes a little care slips through.

They do need to be taken down a notch or two, though. I wonder if anyone would ever call them out on any of the dumb things they all do? :4darkpit:

*EDIT* For the record, Palutena pretty much dealt with the vegetable issue by herself in the long run. And clearly she must have been awesome at SOME point to have hand-me-down weapons. Also, Glam Blaster. And cursing.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Something of a PSA for anyone interested in getting a video scaler for retro consoles:

tl:dw is that the chips used in the Framemeister are going out of production, but Micomsoft has enough to continue making them for a few years. And if you want one, you should buy from Solaris Japan since prices elsewhere are getting inflated.

Personally I can't afford to get one at the moment, so I'll probably end up waiting until they release the successor in a few years.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I swear some people just lack reading comprehension or don't know that muting conversations is a thing.

This Desmond guy is definitely one of the perfect definitions of an overzealous fanboy that resorts to insults when things don't go his way.

Chrono.

Decided to check the donation drive for the 9th EVO game was going and from the looks of it we could be looking at another year of Mahvel.

Rather surprisingly Pokken shot up immensely but is still ways to go to reach MvC3, but it's close.

As for the rest of the games, despite KI's initial huge push, the donations completely stagnated at 4k and haven't really recovered at all, the rest are pretty much about the same as they were before.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I swear some people just lack reading comprehension or don't know that muting conversations is a thing.

This Desmond guy is definitely one of the perfect definitions of an overzealous fanboy that resorts to insults when things don't go his way.
Like the old saying, "If you can't handle criticism, then stay off the Internet."

If his problem with the Fire Emblem fanbase is complaining too much about censorship or no dual audio, then he's sadly mistaken that some people can't accept everything a company does. It's a little something called an opinion.

And blowing up over going off topic? It's bloody YouTube, not an internet forum. You don't need to be always on topic unless it's slipping inappropriate references in the wrong places (cough cough DBZ cough Undertale cough)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Decided to check the donation drive for the 9th EVO game was going and from the looks of it we could be looking at another year of Mahvel.

Rather surprisingly Pokken shot up immensely but is still ways to go to reach MvC3, but it's close.

As for the rest of the games, despite KI's initial huge push, the donations completely stagnated at 4k and haven't really recovered at all, the rest are pretty much about the same as they were before.
Is MKX still at ten?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Watched the Art of Marth

Played some Marth

goooooooooood I've said this before but damn do I love this character now. I hated him so much at release but after picking him up again a few months ago he is so damn fun. Up-tilt is one of my favorite loves in the game for use and dancing blade, which might just be my favorite move in the series is actually good in this game and I love it.
:186:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

I like to believe that Maximillion did most of those KI donations.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Still, the lack of Sergeant Keroro in the merchandise is a huge stain.

How can you forget the only lazy space frog who had a long running anime (until certain earthquake happened) that pokes fun at otaku culture?

No one should ever forget about that "stupid frog".

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Watched the Art of Marth

Played some Marth

goooooooooood I've said this before but damn do I love this character now. I hated him so much at release but after picking him up again a few months ago he is so damn fun. Up-tilt is one of my favorite loves in the game for use and dancing blade, which might just be my favorite move in the series is actually good in this game and I love it.
:186:
I've actually been using Marth (and Lucina actually) quite a bit in my rotation recently actually...can be quite satisfying at times landing a tipper or getting a shield break...

Izaw's been doing a great job with his 'Art of' series, though...he actually just released Part 1 to his refined Art of Link tutorials...so I'm looking forward to other parts for that as well...

I liked his Art of Ike, Roy, and Samus vids quite a bit as well...just waiting on him doing Art of ZSS since she's pretty much the only character I use he hasn't covered yet though there's plenty of other decent tutorials all over the place for her anyways...
wouldn't mind a more refined Art of Cloud since that was done like a day after Cloud was released...

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
BOYS.
upload_2017-1-27_23-37-8.png
THE WALL IS DEAD.

EDIT: Seems like it's not totally dead. It's just that they're uncertain due to Mexico not paying for it (which was never even going to work in the first place IMO.) Anyways, time will tell if anything actually changes.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Also, found a great avatar for while the Overwatch event is going.
Speaking of that event, it is officially new year on the Lunar Calendar, that's why today I am super busy, and have to tolerate those annoying firecrackers.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
BOYS.
View attachment 125400
THE WALL IS DEAD.

EDIT: Seems like it's not totally dead. It's just that they're uncertain due to Mexico not paying for it (which was never even going to work in the first place IMO.) Anyways, time will tell if anything actually changes.
Well that's a waste of money.

Now if only a certain YouTuber channel can die (WatchMojo), for real this time.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
BOYS.
View attachment 125400
THE WALL IS DEAD.

But I wanted to pretend I was on Attack On Titan

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
BOYS.
View attachment 125400
THE WALL IS DEAD.

We all knew he wasn't gonna do it/ it wasnt gonaa happen anyway
But I wanted to pretend I was on Attack On Titan
Animu dreams =ded

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
BOYS.
View attachment 125400
THE WALL IS DEAD.

Honestly, good riddance if it does end up being completely abandoned and forgotten. Me and a ton of other people who aren't supporters of this madman are not going to pay for a wall that will do absolutely nothing other then distance ourselves further from our neighbors and be ineffective as a whole.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We should have better boarder regulations and stricter immigration policies, however, the wall is pointless as most illegal immigrants don't get here through jumping the border.

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Speaking of walls, I really wonder what type of sales to expect out of Puyo Puyo Tetris S.

If the game does happen to flop, then R.I.P. chances of future games being localized. When the likes of Candy Crush is mainstream, this game shouldn't have a problem getting sales from puzzles fans and casuals.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Speaking of walls, I really wonder what type of sales to expect out of Puyo Puyo Tetris S.

If the game does happen to flop, then R.I.P. chances of future games being localized. When the likes of Candy Crush is mainstream, this game shouldn't have a problem getting sales from puzzles fans and casuals.
The Tetris name and brand alone should help it sell. Even if the game doesn't have characters that would appeal to an American audience, at least they would play it just because it has Tetris.

And yeah, Candy Crush itself is proof that people do play puzzle games religiously in the West.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
BOYS.
View attachment 125400
THE WALL IS DEAD.

Yay!

Though not surprising.
Now gimme back my healthcare
New healthcare plan? By all means!

Old one we had under Obama?

Please no. It actually made it harder for my family to get good health care.

Do some reform with that please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom