• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Catholic middle and high school teachings I guess.

Lol, or that.
This makes me wonder if there could have been Stand users in Bible times.
You forget that Jesus was canonically a Stand user in the SBR universe

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Not really, as again, at the end of the video who says "Obviously, I don't condone piracy or theft" but if Nintendo can illegally screw over people's lives quite a bit and then whine about piracy, which the gaming industry can't figure out a way to fight unlike the movie and music industries, they aren't in the right.
>Says its morally ok in title
>Says dont do it at the end

*Opera voice* So whats the truth?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
>Says its morally ok in title
>Says dont do it at the end

*Opera voice* So whats the truth?
Jim's persona is overexaggerated during things like that. Such as times where he said he's gonna build a lab of evil monkey creatures to attack asset flippers on Steam or something. At the end however, you could tell it's not the persona speaking and that he's more genuine

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Regarding Jim's video...
No it's not okay to pirate anything...No exceptions...
At the same time, it's also not okay for what Nintendo does most of the time on Youtube and regarding fan-games...

Piracy is probably the biggest reason why Nintendo's so anal about people using their content to begin with because their content really does get pirated to **** and back...and it has been for years...

But long story short, an eye for an eye and the world goes blind...If it's not okay to do it to other companies (who can also be just anal about their content at times) then it's not okay to do it to Nintendo...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Not really, as again, at the end of the video who says "Obviously, I don't condone piracy or theft" but if Nintendo can illegally screw over people's lives quite a bit and then whine about piracy, which the gaming industry can't figure out a way to fight unlike the movie and music industries, they aren't in the right.
"You killed my dog so Ill kill yours. Fair is faaair" In the end, you are both shameless animal killers and you are both wrong

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm not going to pretend I agree with Nintendo's handling of fan games, but I don't think 'an eye for an eye' strategy is the best way to voice discontent. Pirating Nintendo's games is not going to make them change their minds on their treatment of those games as it already happens and doing it to voice discontent is probably not going to get the message across in the way you want. Also, as mentioned before, you could even make the argument it'd just make them more likely to pushback against those games then pullback their current stance, so you could actually hurt your cause more then help since they may strike back in worse ways then they have been. If you want to get your disapproval of Nintendo's practices across, there are probably clearer ways of doing so, and probably those ways would allow you to avoid treading murky ground in the process.

In the words of Whisper, "You get what you get, and you don't throw a fit."

Because it's not like *big shock* more people like Dewott than his own evolution or anything.
The funny thing about Samurott is that if you look at major polls like the Japanese "Pokémon Elections", it usually places much better then Dewott does. It kind of reminds me of Dragonite in that regard, Dragonair has a notable fanbase disappointed with the way the line went and thus prefer it over its evolved form, but Dragonite always tends to place very highly among the fanbase despite that.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Spent my 75 orbs, and I am pleased with the results.

Now I just need Tharja and Kagero. Been thinking about Azura and Frederick as well. But at this point, my targets are narrowed down to where I would be better off not touching money unless one becomes a focus.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
"You killed my dog so Ill kill yours. Fair is faaair" In the end, you are both shameless animal killers and you are both wrong
It's more of "You pretended yo were going to give my dog a treat, so I gave yours 3 chocolate bars"

The biggest issue is again, how the gaming industry has no ****ing clue how to combat piracy. They did **** like DRM to prevent it, and what happened? People could pirate it just fine, but peoplewho bought legitimate copies got screwed over. Look at Netflix. For 8 bucks a month you can watch all the shows and movies available. And Itunes, buy a song for what? 1 buck each? Those 2 are very successful because they combated piracy with convenience. If Nintendo doesn't want people pirating Gamecube games for example, what should they do? Make them easy for customers to get so that the people who want to play it go out of their way to buy it

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
It's more of "You pretended yo were going to give my dog a treat, so I gave yours 3 chocolate bars"

The biggest issue is again, how the gaming industry has no ****ing clue how to combat piracy. They did **** like DRM to prevent it, and what happened? People could pirate it just fine, but peoplewho bought legitimate copies got screwed over. Look at Netflix. For 8 bucks a month you can watch all the shows and movies available. And Itunes, buy a song for what? 1 buck each? Those 2 are very successful because they combated piracy with convenience. If Nintendo doesn't want people pirating Gamecube games for example, what should they do? Make them easy for customers to get so that the people who want to play it go out of their way to buy it
Dont try to take away the main thing here as everything said, eye for an eye is stupid and will bring more harm then good but lets just agree to disagree

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It SHOULD be because it's scummy as hell. Like how people can say such awful things and get no consequences because "It's free speech, not racism!"
Again, people's livelihoods suffer whereas Nintendo has next to nothing to gain from doing this
Jim Sterling has multiple other income options from working with websites, Later on and other options.

YouTube is a source and other companies gami mg and non-canon does this.

Yeah you can make money off of YouTube but don't have that be your only option and it's not like you're losing all of your money.

If you're gonna pirate/emulate Nintendo games, do it on the sense of there's barely an option to purchase the game or the game is 100% region locked ala Mother 3, Genealogy of Holy War and others. Don't do it because I can't get my YT bucks.

Real Job argument doesn't mean **** but they should know what they are doing going into this medium. Anime Reviewers on YouTube have it worst and you don't see mass ******** from Super Eyepatch Wolf, Mother's Basement or Digibro from that standard. They might say something about how YT as whole is gone to **** but never how to handle copyright

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Jim Sterling has multiple other income options from working with websites, Later on and other options.

YouTube is a source and other companies gami mg and non-canon does this.

Yeah you can make money off of YouTube but don't have that be your only option and it's not like you're losing all of your money.

If you're gonna pirate/emulate Nintendo games, do it on the sense of there's barely an option to purchase the game or the game is 100% region locked ala Mother 3, Genealogy of Holy War and others. Don't do it because I can't get my YT bucks.

Real Job argument doesn't mean **** but they should know what they are doing going into this medium. Anime Reviewers on YouTube have it worst and you don't see mass ******** from Super Eyepatch Wolf, Mother's Basement or Digibro from that standard. They might say something about how YT as whole is gone to **** but never how to handle copyright
The thing with Patreon is that it doesn't always work. What if say, Game Grumps had a patreon? They'd lose a LOT of money because most of their fans are kids, so they wouldn't be able to give much if anything. And what if you have lots of fans who don't have a lot of money? I have never spent a single cent on patreon, but if I could, I'd give at least 10 bucks to everyone I want to support. But I CAN'T, and I'm not the only one

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Honestly, if you want to combat piracy, just make your games more easily available, so people won't have to go out and pirate. It's so simple, yet they don't seem to get it.

No wonder Steam keeps getting bigger and bigger while Nintendo has to struggle to stay afloat.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Zoroark outfoxes the completion as the winner. Meanwhile, poor Emboar got left in the dust by Dewott and Excadrill. This next poll now begins for at least 6 hours.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Now it's between Darmanitan, Victini, Genesect, and Haxorus. Not to worry Serperier and @Chandeelure fans, both Pokémon will be saved for the last poll tonight.

I'm all open for at least two more suggestions unless Samurott will have a second chance. Or should Sawk/Throh and Keldo join the fray?

D

Deleted member

On one hand when it comes to nes games I don't think they're worth much value to pay that much for in the first place, but on the other hand don't have much interest in them anyway. Most SNES games I play on emulater aren't purchasable on the Eshop anyway. Gameboy Advance games I use on emulator because of certain reasons.(And again, most aren't on the Eshop.) Admittedly, I played Symphony of the Night on emulator, but now I'm just going to buy the actual game on PS3 anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
On one hand when it comes to nes games I don't think they're worth much value to pay that much for in the first place, but on the other hand don't have much interest in them anyway. Most SNES games I play on emulater aren't purchasable on the Eshop anyway. Gameboy Advance games I use on emulator because of certain reasons.(And again, most aren't on the Eshop.) Admittedly, I played Symphony of the Night on emulator, but now I'm just going to buy the actual game on PS3 anyway.
I also tought buying Symphony of the Night on PS3. But I have already so many games no finished or even started that I don't think I will buy it right now. Plus, I have Dawn of Sorrow to finish first.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The thing with Patreon is that it doesn't always work. What if say, Game Grumps had a patreon? They'd lose a LOT of money because most of their fans are kids, so they wouldn't be able to give much if anything. And what if you have lots of fans who don't have a lot of money? I have never spent a single cent on patreon, but if I could, I'd give at least 10 bucks to everyone I want to support. But I CAN'T, and I'm not the only one
GG makes money off of other non-Nintendo games and also still make bucks off of Nintendo games as well but lose a small cut.

Sterling's audience isn't like GG which has a wider appeal and Arin can make money off of other items than just GG.

Same as Sterling

yo you watch him too?
Yep, I watch Mother's ****bag

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Zoroark outfoxes the completion as the winner. Meanwhile, poor Emboar got left in the dust by Dewott and Excadrill. This next poll now begins for at least 6 hours.

Now it's between Darmanitan, Victini, Genesect, and Haxorus. Not to worry Serperier and @Chandeelure fans, both Pokémon will be saved for the last poll tonight.

I'm all open for at least two more suggestions unless Samurott will have a second chance. Or should Sawk/Throh and Keldo join the fray?
Axe-faced Dragon or bust....

D

Deleted member

I also tought buying Symphony of the Night on PS3. But I have already so many games no finished or even started that I don't think I will buy it right now. Plus, I have Dawn of Sorrow to finish first.
I myself still have to finish Aria of Sorrow then I'll play Dawn of Sorrow and the other DS games.

Symphony of the Night is pretty good though, although there's some really OP weapons and abilities(Alucard shield + shield rod is the most broken thing I've seen in a game.), but it's not like you even have to use them. It's an easy game either way though, especially if you've played a metroidvania castlevania game before.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Genesect's my choice. Its neutral special would be Techno Blast, and it could switch drives to change the effect of the blast.

Though, I can't decide if it would do this with a taunt, with its down special, or by inputting the neutral special a different way.

Haxorus would get a cool Dragon Dance moveset.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

Victini gets my vote for the poll. Definitely one of the more memorable generation 5 Pokemon for me, and it could utilize its powers to give it different effects (like more damage, super armor) to reference how this Pokemon symbolizes victory.

As for poll suggestions, I would definitely consider adding Meloetta. Its body proportions work well for Smash, has some popularity and fame going for it, and it's capable of a cool moveset with its focus on singing or dancing.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Okay, so your Nintendo Account has a Nickname and a User ID.

This... can become confusing later on.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Not really. Its like skype. My username is proflaytonalpaca, what i use to sign in with but my name shows up as -insert anime character name here- the nickname

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I don't really think it's right to condone stealing Nintendo's products because they're doing something you don't like.

As far as their taking down fan games and making money off of YouTube videos goes, that's bad, but I feel like there's better ways to handle the situation than criminal activity. I also feel that some fan games toe a bit of a line when they get too close to what the original was, although I'm probably going to be ripped to shreds for that. People freaked out over the Legend of Zelda browser remake and AM2R being pulled down when they went out of their way to essentially be better versions of the exact same product Nintendo was selling. There's a line partway between fangames and piracy that gets a bit fuzzy, and people seem more than happy to hug that line instead of avoiding it like they rather easily could.

As for Nintendo needing to "be more convenient in order to avoid piracy," it's going to take two million copies of Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild before Nintendo even starts making money on it. Nintendo simply can't afford to offer rock bottom prices on their games just because someone has cracked their system and is offering them for free, they don't have the resources of other companies and they'd drive themselves out of business. I'm not sure where the line is on their Virtual Console, but they do in fact have to pay to create a new emulator each time they make a new system and that's not exactly free either.

I feel like if anyone wants Nintendo to change, they should first examine the circumstances Nintendo is under and then begin to take it up with them on social media if it's valid. They have people watching and they've been pretty quick to note on people's concerns lately even if they can't get around to addressing them, so if people decided to organize an extended and focused campaign on their grievances instead of grumbling about them it might be more effective than doing what many people who don't care either way are doing anyway.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Not really. Steam has that too.
Means I can keep my original account name that Valve can track me under (because I have to log in as that) but then I can change the displayed nickname so I can do stuff like this when I want:

upload_2017-2-20_18-54-15.png

they were smart and rejected the duel

Plus Steam shows the previous names you've played under.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I myself still have to finish Aria of Sorrow then I'll play Dawn of Sorrow and the other DS games.

Symphony of the Night is pretty good though, although there's some really OP weapons and abilities(Alucard shield + shield rod is the most broken thing I've seen in a game.), but it's not like you even have to use them. It's an easy game either way though, especially if you've played a metroidvania castlevania game before.
I just realized I named the wrong game lol. I meant Aria of Sorrow.

I have played alot of Metroid title, so Metroidvania are my cup of tea of now. Right now, AOS is a bit hard on some point. But it's because it's the early game and it's my first Castlevania ever. And even then, I am having alot of fun right now. So Symphony of the Night should be a good experience too.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't really think it's right to condone stealing Nintendo's products because they're doing something you don't like.

As far as their taking down fan games and making money off of YouTube videos goes, that's bad, but I feel like there's better ways to handle the situation than criminal activity. I also feel that some fan games toe a bit of a line when they get too close to what the original was, although I'm probably going to be ripped to shreds for that. People freaked out over the Legend of Zelda browser remake and AM2R being pulled down when they went out of their way to essentially be better versions of the exact same product Nintendo was selling. There's a line partway between fangames and piracy that gets a bit fuzzy, and people seem more than happy to hug that line instead of avoiding it like they rather easily could.

As for Nintendo needing to "be more convenient in order to avoid piracy," it's going to take two million copies of Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild before Nintendo even starts making money on it. Nintendo simply can't afford to offer rock bottom prices on their games just because someone has cracked their system and is offering them for free, they don't have the resources of other companies and they'd drive themselves out of business. I'm not sure where the line is on their Virtual Console, but they do in fact have to pay to create a new emulator each time they make a new system and that's not exactly free either.

I feel like if anyone wants Nintendo to change, they should first examine the circumstances Nintendo is under and then begin to take it up with them on social media if it's valid. They have people watching and they've been pretty quick to note on people's concerns lately even if they can't get around to addressing them, so if people decided to organize an extended and focused campaign on their grievances instead of grumbling about them it might be more effective than doing what many people who don't care either way are doing anyway.
Nintendo is terrible at PR. The way they approach fan created content basically gives the vibe that they do not trust their fans at all, which paints the company in a unsympathetic light.

I don't mean their current console when it comes to convenient, it already mostly is. I mean things like Virtual Console and eShop. I'm pretty sure NES games and SNES games can be priced much lower than what they are asking for. Because they can competing with sites which offer them for free. You adapt, or you lose.

Speaking for myself, I only really started to dislike them as a company when I was at the receiving end of region locking multiple times.
Pokémon Generations? Nope.
Fire Emblem Heroes? Nope.
3DS eshop? Nope.

I said screw it and suddenly I have hundreds of games available to play now.

Simply put, if Nintendo is making it harder for you to buy a game, it does not have the right to say that it is losing sales due to you pirating the game.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Victini is my vote and will stay my vote.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Nintendo is terrible at PR. The way they approach fan created content basically gives the vibe that they do not trust their fans at all, which paints the company in a unsympathetic light.

I don't mean their current console when it comes to convenient, it already mostly is. I mean things like Virtual Console and eShop. I'm pretty sure NES games and SNES games can be priced much lower than what they are asking for. Because they can competing with sites which offer them for free. You adapt, or you lose.

Speaking for myself, I only really started to dislike them as a company when I was at the receiving end of region locking multiple times.
3DS eshop? Nope.

Simply put, if Nintendo is making it harder for you to buy a game, it does not have the right to say that it is losing sales due to you pirating the game.
reminds me of Ponycanon blocking Ringabels theme off youtube.

Only difference is, I dont go "**** you, Ponycanon, Ill pirate your music" like people are doing with nintendo because that will not only make them protect their stuff more, but will also hurt Revo, who make the music for bravely default

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Nintendo is terrible at PR. The way the approach fan created content basically gives the vibe that they do not trust their fans at all, which paints the company in a unsympathetic light.

3DS eshop? Nope.

TBH. . .I wouldn't trust their fans in the slightest either, although that's irrelevant.

Nintendo is removing the region locking on the Nintendo Switch and I'm pretty sure they don't have any control over what Pokemon Company (admittedly rather stupidly, who region locks a YouTube video?) does with their marketing projects. Fire Emblem Heroes is bizarre and valid, but the other two are either having progress made or just aren't Nintendo's issue to be yelled at for in the first place. If Pokemon Company does something, it might be more fruitful to take it up with them separately. I've never actually seen anyone confront them, but they do have enough of a degree of autonomy that Nintendo isn't responsible for everything they do.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
reminds me of Ponycanon blocking Ringabels theme off youtube.

Only difference is, I dont go "**** you, Ponycanon, Ill pirate your music" like people are doing with nintendo because that will not only make them protect their stuff more, but will also hurt Revo, who make the music for bravely default
Not really, as it's only blocked off on youtube. However, it's blocked from Fal's entire COUNTRY. Meaning there is no way for him to legally listen to it

D

Deleted member

I just realized I named the wrong game lol. I meant Aria of Sorrow.

I have played alot of Metroid title, so Metroidvania are my cup of tea of now. Right now, AOS is a bit hard on some point. But it's because it's the early game and it's my first Castlevania ever. And even then, I am having alot of fun right now. So Symphony of the Night should be a good experience too.
Aria of Sorrow is definitely the harder of the two, but it's really good, the best out of the GBA games for sure.

Symphony of the night is similar to it, but just know that instead of stealing souls you just get sub weapons. However, you can input spells in the way you would a fighting game, which is really useful. Like this spell.
That's my biggest advice for the game, because I thought you had to unlock spells, but you don't, you can do them right of the bat, but they do require energy from your magic bar.(So basically, if some don't work right of the bat it means that your magic bar needs to be bigger, which it will be as you level up.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom