• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

I like how people try to say pysical games are better by going " Fill your shelves, Dood! who needs space , Dood"

Ive been trying to get a henry for a while
I don't think that's the case as much as it's more practical for some.

Some people like collecting, others just like selling their games after beating them because they know they won't play them anymore or even refund them.

Aside from Steam, you can't refund a digital game purchase.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don't think that's the case as much as it's more practical for some.

Some people like collecting, others just like selling their games after beating them because they know they won't play them anymore or even refund them.

Aside from Steam, you can't refund an digital game purchase.
Thats what it is for me. I like having space, it aint like Ill get the whole amount of my money selling back games, plus, convience *shrugs*

I think Imma go full digital for the switch, what is the biggest SD card again?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know what would be really cool for a FE7/FE6 remake? Putting them together in a kind of Gen 1 and Gen 2 thing. With things like inheritable growth rates
So have Jaffar have an unexplainable and absurdly high Mag growth to pass down to Lugh and Raigh
Also, giving the Tactician an actual appearence and making them age between games. They could even add waifu shenanigans if they wanted.
And retcon all the bull****(no, not Roy or the Staves assholes but those would be nice) like Canas's death and make more clear connections between the two games.
It'll never happen but I can dream
Welcome to Unova, because it's Gen 5 time mates.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Dewott, Emboar, Zoroark, and Excadrill are your first few picks. Victini, Genesect, Chandelure, and others will have their time to shine later.
I vote Zoroark
Because if I can agree with that asshole called @Zoroarking(can't even tag the *****, prolly hiding like the ***** he is) is that Zoroark is a pretty great choice for Smash

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Well, well, well.

Stirring a hornet's net in true Jim Sterling fashion. :p (I agree with the video in case you were wondering. I ****ing hate Nintendo's protectionism)
Well that was an interesting video, to say the least. Maybe it's just me, but ultimately it feels kinda of moot to pirate Nintendo's library. For me, there's no major political statement to come from deciding to illegally download games from a company. No matter what they do, my life will keep on going and my world will keep on turning. To be fair, I'm just a silly American who has not been personally slighted by Nintendo in any way. So I have no real stake on the matter.

If you're down for pirating Nintendo's library, I'm not going to stop anyone, especially if you're from a region where the games are hard to access.

I'm never been one to have extreme opinions about video game companies anyway, negative or otherwise. So take my two cents on the matter however you will.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I just like cases, the same way I love books... the pages, the cover. I've very few digital games, and some of those were because they didn't have a physical release.

Definitely not getting digital copies for Switch in general, good to keep room in the system. Heard Breath of the Wild takes up a massive amount of space.

Besides... now that we're getting cartridges... the game cases are kinda cute. Er, I mean cool. Yeah.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
For me, there's no major political statement to come from deciding to illegally download games from a company
"Sonic Colours is an outdated political statement"
It's great seeing so many people have no ****ing clue what the video is about and rant about it on title alone. Not talking about you MF, but some morons on GAF.
tl-dr for the video
Nintendo puts ads on Jim's videos for using 2 seconds of Nintendo footage
Nintendo does this to everyone
Nintendo is effectively getting all the money off of the videos despite fair use laws
Nintendo is breaking the law
Nintendo doesn't like it when people make fangames or pirate their stuff, so they're being hypocrites

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well, well, well.

Stirring a hornet's net in true Jim Sterling fashion. :p (I agree with the video in case you were wondering. I ****ing hate Nintendo's protectionism)
I can't stand Jim, so someone break down why it's "morally OK" to pirate Nintendo's stuff.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I can't stand Jim, so someone break down why it's "morally OK" to pirate Nintendo's stuff.
"Sonic Colours is an outdated political statement"
It's great seeing so many people have no ****ing clue what the video is about and rant about it on title alone. Not talking about you MF, but some morons on GAF.
tl-dr for the video
Nintendo puts ads on Jim's videos for using 2 seconds of Nintendo footage
Nintendo does this to everyone
Nintendo is effectively getting all the money off of the videos despite fair use laws
Nintendo is breaking the law
Nintendo doesn't like it when people make fangames or pirate their stuff, so they're being hypocrites
Jim says at the end that he doesn't really condone piracy or theft despite the clickbaity title. Though the title being clickbaity isn't even bad because Jim doesn't earn money on his vids by choice

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I just like cases, the same way I love books... the pages, the cover. I've very few digital games, and some of those were because they didn't have a physical release.

Definitely not getting digital copies for Switch in general, good to keep room in the system. Heard Breath of the Wild takes up a massive amount of space.

Besides... now that we're getting cartridges... the game cases are kinda cute. Er, I mean cool. Yeah.
I lise half of my books pff. Thats why I dont even by ptsical books for college, I get online codes

And those cases are pretty ****ing big for a tiny ass cart but I guess making them smallish like 3DS is a bit to much

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ninty is abusing copyright law by disregarding the parts it doesn't like, such as fair use. If Nintendo can play by its own rules, we can too.

D

Deleted member

So, I'm taking a look at the Heroes dialogue and...
"The name of my axe is Armads. It was once wielded by a legendary berserker, you know. Once had a chance to meet the man, believe it or not. He’s one dangerous-looking fellow."
Hector's mode confirmed canon but...
"I’m Hector, from a realm called Ostia. But I’m not its ruler. My brother, Uther, is marquess at the moment."
So, this makes things a little weird because
Hector literally finds out about Uther's death one chapter after he gets the Armads so... this doesn't really make any sense unless I'm to believe C30!Hector is specifically Heroes!Hector
Also, Nino's Lv40 quote
"I’m so happy to be here, where I can spend time with so many nice people. Every day is so fun."
:)
"I had this once before, surrounded by people I loved. They were all…like family. That life is over, but it was so much fun while it lasted."
...oh :(
"I’m glad now, thinking back on it. Those memories were painful for a while, but you helped me remember the good times. Thank you! I promise to work so very hard for you. Just you wait and see!"
:crying:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
You know what would be really cool for a FE7/FE6 remake? Putting them together in a kind of Gen 1 and Gen 2 thing. With things like inheritable growth rates
I see this suggestion a lot but I've never thought it was a really good idea. There aren't enough child characters shared between FE6 and 7 to justify this. I think there's like 6 in total? Not much more than that.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hm, I dont agree with that because that bring more harm then good in some cases but you do you
Well, it depends on where you live. In India or China, copyright enforcement is non-existent so I can pirate without issue.

(Piracy is so prevalent that 4G networks initially advertised themselves by saying that you can download songs and movies faster. :p)

It's a matter of convenience. Either I can buy overpriced original copies or get pirated copies for free. The choice is easy. (And no, I can't buy digitally either.)

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Well, it depends on where you live. In India or China, copyright enforcement is non-existent so I can pirate without issue.

(Piracy is so prevalent that 4G networks initially advertised themselves by saying that you can download songs and movies faster. :p)

It's a matter of convenience. Either I can buy overpriced original copies or get pirated copies for free. The choice is easy. (And no, I can't buy digitally either.)
I guess all I can say is on topic of ninten, every action has a conseqence. Both with Nintendo and the people pirating their games. But I cant have mych of an opinion seeing how I havent been affected by any of this
Time to go shoot some nazis im the junk.
I have many questions

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Capitalism is a constant war between consumer and companies to see if they can suck the most money out of us while we try to keep the most we can and you gotta play the game properly if you want to win.
So if I can emulate games for free, then I'll obviously do it.
I see this suggestion a lot but I've never thought it was a really good idea. There aren't enough child characters shared between FE6 and 7 to justify this. I think there's like 6 in total? Not much more than that.
The inheritable growths would be just for the characters who are related, of course
Really, there is Roy, Lilina, Sue, Lugh, Raigh, Igrene, Hugh, Wolt and Fir of the top of my head and out of these, only 6 can have a different father/mother(and two of them are brothers)
It's more to have a remake of the better Elibe game while being able to retconnect most of FE6 to fit better with FE7.
Like, besides Canas, character cameos, Black Fang mentions and maybe an actual closure to the FE7 characters who aren't in 6 because at least 90% of them have way too ambiguous and open endings, including the paired ones, would be nice

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Since there seems to be a lot of people online right now, and the two polls I posted earlier only have about 12-13 total votes each right now, I'm going to share both Fates polls from two days ago as a"last chance" deal before I tally up the results later today.

Here's the link to vote for your favorite 2nd-generation Hoshidan child in Fates: http://www.strawpoll.me/12369887

Here's the link to vote for your favorite 2nd-generation Nohrian child in Fates: http://www.strawpoll.me/12369896

For anyone that wants to know which characters I voted for in these polls, you can read about it here.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I wouldn't use game reviews as a source for AAA games as much.

Remember the days of Mass Effect 3, DmC, Halo 4 and Skyward Sword
Two of those games are actually good (ME3 and Halo 4), one is average at best (Skyward Bored) and the other is an insult to it's series (DmC) though.

Regardless numerous reviewers I trust are giving it a good score.
Still gonna wait until my birthday though.

I have many questions
Sniping's a good job m8

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
My thoughts on piracy
Can you get the game legally for a rather reasonable price? Buy it
Would you need to jump through hoops to get it? i.e. you need to buy a Gamecube, controller, memory card AND the game itself? **** that, if they wanted my money for it, they should make it convenient for me too.
Obviously this only applies to old games, pirating games like Wonderful 101, Nioh and other games on recent systems is a nono for me

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Ninty is abusing copyright law by disregarding the parts it doesn't like, such as fair use. If Nintendo can play by its own rules, we can too.
That's what's called a "self-justification". Just because "X did Y" doesn't mean I can do a negation or contrapositive of Y. It holds no validity.

It's the rational equivalent of "Jimmy hit me, so I hit him back."

Which doesn't surprise me, because Jimmy appears to have the mental capacity of a nine year old.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
That's what's called a "self-justification". Just because "X did Y" doesn't mean I can do a negation or contrapositive of Y. It holds no validity.

It's the rational equivalent of "Jimmy hit me, so I hit him back."

Which doesn't surprise me, because Jimmy appears to have the mental capacity of a nine year old.
No, it's more "Jimmy hit me, I hit him back, then he sued me"
I don't think you realize how much work can go into youtube videos. Look at say, Caddicarus. He works ALL week on his videos as it's his job and does he earn a lot of money? No! Nintendo doesn't gain that much by abusing copyright, but it can severely **** the youtubers over. And don't you dare try to say they need to get a 'rea' job

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
So I just learned that characters in Fire Emblem Heroes get special dialogue when they reach level 40 and you talk them in the castle lobby.
[/SPOILER]
I think I found what I'll be spending the next few minutes looking up.

Apparently there are books of the bible I've never heard of. Although it's been years and years since I was in any kind of thing that taught anything about the bible. Since I was like, 12 or something.

"Philemon" ...Never heard that name. Sounds like a digimon
Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Numbers (first 5 books of the bible in that order)
There's all the ones paul wrote to various people like the philippians, thessalonians, the romans, etc. Most of them have 2 books bc he wrote a lot to them......
I think there's 2 Judges books, esther, ruth, and more.
Idk why I'm listing them off, lol. Idk how I even can recall that many.....
Welcome to Unova, because it's Gen 5 time mates.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Dewott, Emboar, Zoroark, and Excadrill are your first few picks. Victini, Genesect, Chandelure, and others will have their time to shine later.
NOOOO MY POOR GIRATINAAAA ah well.
uhhh.....ehhh....how d I decide, I hate gen 5.
Guess I'll say Zoroak. Also please tell me that Haxorus will be in one of the polls, it's one of the very few good things to come from Unova imo.

Yet you went for Emboar, the objectively worst Gen 5 evolution and the one design many point to as proof that Gen 5 had some "ugly" Pokémon ideas, over its prevolution Pignite.

Don't get me wrong, I love Gen 5 and find the controversy over its designs overblown. But I'm not going to ignore the flaming fat pig in the room.
>objectively worst Gen 5 pokemon
>Not Oshawott or the ice cream line
objectively speaking, wut

Ivander

Smash Legend
So have Jaffar have an unexplainable and absurdly high Mag growth to pass down to Lugh and Raigh
Also, giving the Tactician an actual appearence and making them age between games. They could even add waifu shenanigans if they wanted.
And retcon all the bull****(no, not Roy or the Staves ******** but those would be nice) like Canas's death and make more clear connections between the two games.
It'll never happen but I can dream
It's something I've mentioned for a long time. Either way, I don't think it's impossible to have FE6 and FE7 in the same remake, considering Genealogy, a game with technically 2 parts, exists. And that's not even including Fates in general.
Either way, there are many benefits for a FE6/7 Remake.
-Give Mark an actual appearance, especially considering Mark was the first instance of a Player-insert character in FE. And now we also have an official Tactician class.
-Inheritable bonuses for children. And maybe some more children characters in some circumstances, like giving Lyn her own child.
-Making clear connections between the games, whether it'd be bringing FE7 characters not in FE6 into the game and whatnot.
-Some additional changes to the story, whether it'd be adding some new events in between the games, giving Mark some backstory events, better describing on why Zephiel lost faith in humanity or even some epilogue/prologue events to FE7/FE6 before the game starts.
-And just natural updates to the game in general, whether it'd be making weapons unbreakable again, giving online multiplayer, adding skills, etc.
Either way, I also want a FE6/7 Remake. And considering some of the things Fire Emblem has brought, I think those games could benefit from a Remake quite a bit.
That is really flawed by nature. Cause if you use that logic in the scenario involving a very moral subject, it will not go well and it goes back to Jeff Goldblum.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I think I found what I'll be spending the next few minutes looking up.

Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Numbers (first 5 books of the bible in that order)
There's all the ones paul wrote to various people like the philippians, thessalonians, the romans, etc. Most of them have 2 books bc he wrote a lot to them......
I think there's 2 Judges books, esther, ruth, and more.
Idk why I'm listing them off, lol. Idk how I even can recall that many.....

NOOOO MY POOR GIRATINAAAA ah well.
uhhh.....ehhh....how d I decide, I hate gen 5.
Guess I'll say Zoroak. Also please tell me that Haxorus will be in one of the polls, it's one of the very few good things to come from Unova imo.

>objectively worst Gen 5 pokemon
>Not Oshawott or the ice cream line
objectively speaking, wut
Never thought Dio Brando would know his Old and New Testaments.

Well, you were reading the Koran once, right?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Jim's video is nothing more than spite honestly.

I can't find any real way to justify his thinking.

I know what he uses to justify his thinking but I don't think that's valid.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Explain then, because this doesn't show your argument
Essentially he's saying that since Nintendo has treated some of its fans awfully with copyright, that we should treat them awfully back.

That is just an eye for an eye.

That doesn't work. Especially here. That's just going to make Nintendo MORE protective over copyright.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Essentially he's saying that since Nintendo has treated some of its fans awfully with copyright, that we should treat them awfully back.

That is just an eye for an eye.

That doesn't work. Especially here. That's just going to make Nintendo MORE protective over copyright.
Not really, as again, at the end of the video who says "Obviously, I don't condone piracy or theft" but if Nintendo can illegally screw over people's lives quite a bit and then whine about piracy, which the gaming industry can't figure out a way to fight unlike the movie and music industries, they aren't in the right.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Never thought Dio Brando would know his Old and New Testaments.

Well, you were reading the Koran once, right?
Catholic middle and high school teachings I guess.

His best friend was a priest, of course he knows all about the Bible and ****
Lol, or that.
This makes me wonder if there could have been Stand users in Bible times.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Not really, as again, at the end of the video who says "Obviously, I don't condone piracy or theft" but if Nintendo can illegally screw over people's lives quite a bit and then whine about piracy, which the gaming industry can't figure out a way to fight unlike the movie and music industries, they aren't in the right.
Just because one person isn't in the right, that doesn't put the other person in the right by default. And as the old saying goes, "Two wrongs don't make a right."

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It isn't actually illegal.

And what you said it basically my point.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I guess all I can say is on topic of ninten, every action has a conseqence. Both with Nintendo and the people pirating their games. But I cant have mych of an opinion seeing how I havent been affected by any of this

I have many questions
Insert obligatory 'So much for the tolerant left' meme here
I'm playing Sniper Elite 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom