• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm honestly curious if there's been an interview with a game creator who said he didn't want their character in Smash.
As someone else just stated, Kamiya, the creator of Bayonetta was practically sick of "Smash Idiots" bugging him over Bayonetta being in Smash, the irony of her actually being included and him thanking said Smash idiots was there.

Maybe more developers should act tsundere over their characters being in Smash....

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was watching some science things, and combined with the fact I have aspergers

Apparently I have empathy that's so intense that I'm not actually able to comprehend it properly and often that causes others to view me as if I'm unempathetic.

Which is also the reason why I can't watch a movie like "Zootopia" when the rabbit accidentally harmed the fox's feelings without shutting the movie off and waiting a while for my reaction to calm down.

In the least "Emotional Empathy", apparently there is more than one kind of empathy

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Tecmo Koei, Atlus, Nippon Icchi Software, Marvelous, Hudson (R.I.P.), Ubisoft, and so forth.

Quite a few people.
Other than Senran Kagura, what characters would Marvelous of all people offer for Smash?

Assuming Story of Seasons and Harvest Moon are the same franchise. I've heard Natsume had a fallout with Marvelous before.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
As someone else just stated, Kamiya, the creator of Bayonetta was practically sick of "Smash Idiots" bugging him over Bayonetta being in Smash, the irony of her actually being included and him thanking said Smash idiots was there.

Maybe more developers should act tsundere over their characters being in Smash....
I was thinking about Kamiya when writing my post. I always saw that as him just being annoyed at people telling him to ask Sakurai to put Bayonetta in Smash, rather than being against the idea.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I was thinking about Kamiya when writing my post. I always saw that as him just being annoyed at people telling him to ask Sakurai to put Bayonetta in Smash, rather than being against the idea.
Yeah probably.

I guess there aren't really any developers outright "against" seeing their characters in Smash. Although I guess some can get a little annoyed if they get bugged a little too much over it.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Other than Senran Kagura, what characters would Marvelous of all people offer for Smash?

Assuming Story of Seasons and Harvest Moon are the same franchise. I've heard Natsume had a fallout with Marvelous before.
Valhalla Knights, the Fate/ video games, Rune Factory, and Harvest Moon.

Yeah, Harvest Moon and Senran Kagura are arguably Marvelous's biggest IP's, which the former having a complicated ownership issue with Natsume.

Either way, I wouldn't expect anything Marvelous related in Smash anytime soon.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I don't really like how the white UI looks like at least in the video, but I prefer the black one though.
And you can be able to change system language and region just made me feel more comfort on buying a Japan import Switch.
To be fair, a lot of white UIs are pretty inferior to darker ones. They're just really bright and not as easy on the eyes.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Valhalla Knights, the Fate/ video games, Rune Factory, and Harvest Moon.

Yeah, Harvest Moon and Senran Kagura are arguably Marvelous's biggest IP's, which the former having a complicated ownership issue with Natsume.

Either way, I wouldn't expect anything Marvelous related in Smash anytime soon.
Which raises the question, what the hell happened with Marvelous and Natsume's partnership and what's differences between Harvest Moon and Story of Seasons?

I'm kind of interested in a Harvest Moon farmer, as long as he's not a Villager close.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27
THEY'RE MAKING A MARA FIGMA
CODE RED CODE RED
Oh yes, I will be all over that ****.

Now Story of Seasons by Marvelous USA who was Natsume
Xseed makes it now
That explains a lot. Thanks for the enlightenment.

Which raises the question, what the hell happened with Marvelous and Natsume's partnership and what's differences between Harvest Moon and Story of Seasons?

I'm kind of interested in a Harvest Moon farmer, as long as he's not a Villager close.

They are virtually the same. Try watching some videos.

I doubt it. Remember when people said Mega Man would be a Samus clone?

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
About Travis Touchdown; I'd favor him being out of Smash right now. There are other characters that deserve a spot before him, honestly, and I will not be pleased if he ends up getting in before these other highly deserving characters regardless of 1st or 3rd party position (namely King K. Rool, Isaac, Rayman, etc.).

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
For any of you long time members around here, was there any Smash support for a Harvest Moon character at the time?

What moveset ideas did they come up with?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I was watching some science things, and combined with the fact I have aspergers

Apparently I have empathy that's so intense that I'm not actually able to comprehend it properly and often that causes others to view me as if I'm unempathetic.

Which is also the reason why I can't watch a movie like "Zootopia" when the rabbit accidentally harmed the fox's feelings without shutting the movie off and waiting a while for my reaction to calm down.

In the least "Emotional Empathy", apparently there is more than one kind of empathy
Well that would certainly explain why I become a nervous wreck whenever I watch a lot of movies to the point where I've just decided I'd rather not most of the time.

Although I think part of it is that people overabuse the "Liar Revealed" plotline as Doug Walker put it and the trainwreck in the making just completely shreds my nerves. That's a lot of heartbreak we could have avoided if you were competent, *character*, but noooo we have to do this plot again and again and again. :<

Meanwhile I cry or fog up at movies sometimes even when they aren't to the "trainwreck in slow motion" point and have done so to a few video games as well. Meanwhile the video game I've played with an ACTUAL reputation for doing that got me to cry like five times counting postgame and sidequests. And still triggered it a time or two upon a replay.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
HNNNNNNNNNG
MY WALLET
MY HEART
IF THERE IS A GOD, HE'S A ****IN PRICK FOR DOING THIS TO ME
If there is I'd like to have a serious chat with right now.

Got through Clockwork Tower in PoS....whyyyy was that last part so awful.....ugggh Plague Knight just wasn't made for sidescrollers!
Tinker Tank was a little hard than expected. He was too far up for the trajectory of the Big Boom to hit him (unless I had done a Bomb Burst to double jump, which I hadn't thought of until afterwards), which left throwing bombs at him, which got a little tricky with his bombs coming out.
Got through Stranded Ship about as well as I expected, not too easy but not too hard, same goes for Polar Knight's fight.
Tried to get to Tower Entrance checkpoint #1, and have failed after a couple attempts, so I'm gonna take a break and come back to it later. Tbh, now that i think about the Tower Entrance, I'm a little worried about how difficult the moving floors and ceilings will be for plague Knight, since it took me quite a while to get through them with Shovel Knight.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
But when thinking between the two, Harvest Moon at least has a bigger history with Nintendo and a character that fits in compared to the likes of Senran Kagura.

The real issue is choosing the main design of the farmer and giving them a unique moveset from Villager.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
no one is more 'deserving" then others

Well... that can honestly be considered debatable in some cases. I doubt many people would be pleased with a character they did not want, even if they grow to eventually like it and/or live with it (ex. Corrin). I think many people would at least agree that we do not want a Corrin 2.0 situation.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
But when thinking between the two, Harvest Moon at least has a bigger history with Nintendo and a character that fits in compared to the likes of Senran Kagura.

The real issue is choosing the main design of the farmer and giving them a unique moveset from Villager.
I would love to play as um *looks at the characters name* Pete and ****ing smash people with a hammer
For any of you long time members around here, was there any Smash support for a Harvest Moon character at the time?

What moveset ideas did they come up with?
I cant remeber tbh, If it was I didn't see it here or it was here but well hidden

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Seeing Johnny or Anne with some farming tools, plants, and a gimmick around farm animals would be interesting.

I would like Pete as well, him being the oldest protagonist for the series.

Imagine Villager taking on one of them in Smash.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Seeing Johnny or Anne with some farming tools, plants, and a gimmick around farm animals would be interesting.

I would like Pete as well, him being the oldest protagonist for the series.

Imagine Villager taking on one of them in Smash.
Hell, If a smash even happens, Trio of towns would be out so we could try for Kanata and Nanami

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was reading pokedex entries in pokemon go

Combining the entry for Voltorb, along with the fact it primarily learns normal attacks

Electrode should have "Galvanize"

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
There was a problem fetching the tweet

All good things much come to an end, so this is the last of Gen 3 Pokémon for Smash.

No need to say who won the last time, Gardevior is just that good. Let's see how many Mawile fans we have.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

All good things much come to an end, so this is the last of Gen 3 Pokémon for Smash.

No need to say who won the last time, Gardevior is just that good. Let's see how many Mawile fans we have.
Now tagging @Zero Soul for this. :awesome:

LOL at the Gen 2 mistake you made with Gardevior. Though I also agree that Twitter needs an edit function.

Voted for Flygon because he's awesome. But I can tell he'll get overshadowed here.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699

Flygon gets my vote (at least for this one, didn't see the previous ones).
I see P&M as actually being better for smash since they could be Ice Climbers + Pichu, but I'll vote Flygon cuz I like him a lot more.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
For Aussie's poll of dreams, my vote goes to Breloom so I can finally play out the epic boxing match.

Breloom versus Donkey Kong.

How long will you keep us waiting, Sakurai?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Looking at Breath of the Wild's Fairy Queen, she disturbingly reminds me of Disney's Ursula.

Is it wrong that I see the similarities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom