• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So today in FE Heroes, I managed to pull two Seliphs (too bad the first one got no Speed growths in like 20 levels) and Eirika (who has gotten five perfect level-ups of her ten so far), and managed to get the 20,000 feathers needed to promote Catria to 5* - and so far she is proving her worth. I'm having a pretty good day, I think.

I also managed to knock off the 40 Arena wins needed to complete the Hard-level quests, in the process of collecting those feathers. Let's see what the Lunatic Arena quests look like...

" Win 80+ Arena duels"

...nope. I don't even have enough Duelling Crests needed to fight that many matches, let alone win all of them. If anyone manages to complete those 80 wins in the ~10 days that are left, my condolences to your bank balance.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The new Gen 3 poll is up and the Gardevior fandom already came at full force. lol

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Easy pick for me: Swampert.

Definitely my favorite Hoenn Pokemon, and one of the most nostalgic for me as well. He has awesome typing, and a great design too. I can also imagine it being a pretty cool fighter in Smash with a variety of mud-style and quake-like attacks.

As for the others, I've never really cared for Shiftry and Medicham. I used to be a huge fan of Gardevoir from generations 3-5, and she's still a pretty nostalgic Pokemon to me (especially in the generation 3 days when she was my second favorite Pokemon at the time), but my interest in the Pokemon has been declining in recent years and I have other Fairy-types that I'd think would be more interesting in Smash.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
To an extent I would say that's a credit to how good Splatoon's artstyle was in the first place and the fact that they've maintained the exact same artstyle for the sequel. The difference actually is quite noticeable if you actually put the games side by side instead of working off of memory, though.

The trees have had a large detail boost, and the ink now varies in thickness when splatted onto the ground. There are a lot smaller and finer grass details scattered around in Splatoon 2 as well.

If people haven't played Splatoon yet to compare, then it's not like they've invested money in the first one anyway, so they haven't been "ripped off" by getting the original and even a "port" should be fine. If a current Splatoon player doesn't see it worth upgrading to for whatever reason, they'll still have their Wii U servers for a while if they want them, but they should be in more of a position to see what's added by the time they share everything to know for sure whether or not it's worth their time. If someone simply doesn't like Splatoon games, then whether or not it's a port doesn't really concern them in the first place and if anything they'd have more reason to be happy if it had been since more work could have gone into Animal Crossing faster in that case.
It still feels subtle for a generation difference, but yeah, there's still a noticeable upgrade.

But to be fair Splatoon's artstyle is one that would do okay without a major overhaul of the visuals

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
1)Get a Switch early
2)Post a video unboxing it
3)Try to sell it
4)?????
5)The exact opposite of profit.

D

Deleted member

The new Gen 3 poll is up and the Gardevior fandom already came at full force. lol

There was a problem fetching the tweet
This one's actually tough for me.
Out of the 4 listed, Swampert is my favorite. But that doesn't necessarily mean I'd like to see it in Smash the most....
Shiftry and Medicham are too random for my tastes.....
Gardevoir makes the most sense out of the 4, which is why I'm more towards voting for it despite Swampert being one of my favorite Gen 3 Pokémon overall.....

So I'm torn between the one I like the most (Swampert) and the one I'd agree with the most (Gardevoir)....

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Looking at this again, I just have Jirachi left as a real contender.

• Gen 3: Sceptile, Blaziken, Gardevoir, Jirachi
  • Gen 4: Garchomp, Weavile, Darkrai, Gallade
  • Gen 5: Zoroark, Genesect, Darmanitan, Victini
  • Gen 6: Hawlucha, Aegislash, Diancie, Avalugg
  • Gen 7: Decidueye, Incineroar, Mimikyu, Tapu Koko
One of the Regis can work (choosing one of them will be hard). There's Mawhile at least with its interesting body and Mega Evolution. And that leaves either Hariyama (a sumo Pokemon), Flygon, Aggron, Vigoroth/Slaking, or one of the exclusive ghosts (Duskclops or Banette).

Choosing for the third polls are always this difficult. :laugh:

Last edited:

One of the Regis can work (choosing one of them will be hard). There's Mawhile at least with its interesting body and Mega Evolution. And that leaves either Hariyama (a sumo Pokemon), Flygon, Aggron, Vigoroth/Slaking, or one of the exclusive ghosts (Duskclops or Banette).

Did you use Plusle & Minun already? They could work as well.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Flygon is a must, we got to have Dragons. Sure Salamence is more popular and got the Mega Evolution, but Flygon's body shape is more like Charizard's (making ti more Smash appropriate).

I would love Slaking, but his whole gimmick is being slow and lazy with his Truant ability. Maybe Vigoroth can work, but Slaking is more popular.

Not sure about the Regis. They all can work (Even Ice). Choosing only one of them would be weird.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

If you do multiple for gen 7 you gotta add Guzma's boy Golisopod

Not that I have any bias in that

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Did you use Plusle & Minun already? They could work as well.
Not yet. Those two do have a decent following. They are very compatible enough with enough charge (puns for days).

Flygon is a must, we got to have Dragons. Sure Salamence is more popular and got the Mega Evolution, but Flygon's body shape is more like Charizard's (making ti more Smash appropriate).

I would love Slaking, but his whole gimmick is being slow and lazy with his Truant ability. Maybe Vigoroth can work, but Slaking is more popular.

Not sure about the Regis. They all can work (Even Ice). Choosing only one of them would be weird.
Flygon is underrated, I have a soft spot for him. At least his body is appropriate enough as a dragon fighter unlike Salamence.

Slaking have been shown as active in some occasions, but it's only in battle that he's slow because of said ability (Truant). It wouldn't be too weird to have him over his pre-evolution.

Perhaps your right. Maybe I can ignore the Regis for now.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kind of hope pokemon go adds the gen 4 evolutions before going on to gen 3, but I know they aren't going to

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
If you do multiple for gen 7 you gotta add Guzma's boy Golisopod

Not that I have any bias in that
Not to worry, my fellow Golisopod fan.

He won't be left out when Gen 7's polls hit. His design literally screams "Smash" just by looking at him.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Finished my run of FE7! :D

Units:

Florina was the clear MVP. I would have benched Oswin if not for the fact that I wanted to get his support with Priscilla. I think he levelled up speed, like, once.

Speaking of, supports were:
Eliwood/Hector A
Lyn/Florina A
Rebecca/Sain A
Fiora/Geitz A (Getting this was a pain in the ass... >.<)
Oswin/Priscilla A
Nino/Canas A
Lyn/Eliwood B
Oswin/Hector B
Rebecca/Nino B
Priscilla/Lucius B
Florina/Fiora B

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
If only the move didn't work at the beginning of each fight, First Impression is the perfect Final Smash.
Not like all Smash Pokemon moves worked accurately.

Disable (stuns people instead of taking away one move), Quick Attack (zip zap zop electric movement), Rest (You KO people on a sweet spot just by sleeping), Fly (a spiraling aerial maneuver with flames), Razor Leaf (a literal leaf boomerang), Withdrawal (Watery Koopa Shell movement), and so forth.

Not like creative liberties are a bad thing.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm honestly curious if there's been an interview with a game creator who said he didn't want their character in Smash.
Yeah, remember all the indie devs that wanted their characters in Smash?

I think Team Ninja/Tecmo & Atlus are one of the few third parities who aren't vocal about their characters joining Smash.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Smash,

http://nintendoeverything.com/suda5...t-switch-wants-travis-touchown-in-smash-bros/

Here comes the "Travis for Smash 5" requests.
Not that they will even matter, since this would be another Snake situation to where the character's creator goes out of their way to discuss with Sakurai about it.

I'm honestly curious if there's been an interview with a game creator who said he didn't want their character in Smash.
There's a difference between just wanting it and be willing to actually try to make it happen.

With that in mind, I'm actually seeing Travis as a distinct possibility if Suda51 is serious about talking to Sakurai about it.
This isn't the first time the idea has been brought up by Suda51, and it likely won't be the last.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
And then there's Kamiya who was just being Tsundere all along.
"It's not like I want Bayonetta in Smash or anything, S-Smash Idiots!"
*blocked*

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
God damn, this UI slick as ****! I need this~!

Everything about the Switch's design is so slick and modern. Then you look at the Wii U and it feels like a cheap, pharmacy toy.

Why am I more hype for a UI than games?
I don't really like how the white UI looks like at least in the video, but I prefer the black one though.
And you can be able to change system language and region just made me feel more comfort on buying a Japan import Switch.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Is it wrong that I wouldn't mind Travis's inclusion at all?

Both No More Heroes titles were solid hack and slash games, with very tongue on cheek (if not a bit self aware) humor. He would fit like a glove when put next to the other Smash third party guests.

Inb4 the same "muh too many swordsman" strawman.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Both No More Heroes titles were solid hack and slash games, with very tongue on cheek (if not a bit self aware) humor. He would fit like a glove when put next to the other Smash third party guests.

I've seen a fair amount of support for him in Smash 4, so I wouldn't take out the possibility, especially with the franchise returning.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

My only issue is how Travis is supposed to be this foul mouthed loser that nobody wants and that could be hard to fit within Smash
Granted, Bayonetta proved that argugument absolutely laughable, but I'd need to see it before accepting it

D

Deleted member

Travis comes off to me as someone who would have scored high on the ballot had DLC been a thing for Brawl.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Travis is cool and we already have examples of M rated characters that still fit Smash (albeit toned down) regardless of their origin.

I wouldn't mind it either. My brother got me into the series and I've became hooked. I even played with the PS3 port too.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Tecmo Koei, Atlus, Nippon Icchi Software, Marvelous, Hudson (R.I.P.), Ubisoft, and so forth.

Quite a few people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom