• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Without addressing the leafy lizard in the room, choose whichever Gen 3 Pokémon you want.
Despite him not being there...

...Shiftry.

Come on, you can't deny Shiftry would be cool.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

Without addressing the leafy lizard in the room, choose whichever Gen 3 Pokémon you want.
I don't have a Twitter, but of the four options, I have to say Deoxys. There was a time when I was interested in seeing him in Brawl, where he could change into his different forms for certain attacks.

If Swampert was one of the four options, he would definitely be my vote.

D

Deleted member

AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27
I'm confused as to why Breloom of all Pokémon is an option.
Don't you think everyone's Pokewaifu Gardevoir would be more appropriate for the poll?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27
I'm confused as to why Breloom of all Pokémon is an option.
Don't you think everyone's Pokewaifu Gardevoir would be more appropriate for the poll?
I'll admit Breloom is there for filler, and for those that want the boxing kangaroo shroom.

Psychic Poke Waifu will have her chance soon. She deserves sexier competitors.

I don't have a Twitter, but of the four options, I have to say Deoxys. There was a time when I was interested in seeing him in Brawl, where he could change into his different forms for certain attacks.

If Swampert was one of the four options, he would definitely be my vote.
Swampert won't be forgotten either. Didn't want too many starters there. He's definitely my second favorite Water Starter.

Despite him not being there...

...Shiftry.

Come on, you can't deny Shiftry would be cool.
Shiftry actually a good idea. The tree tengu would make for a good keep away character with wind atracks.

I'm guessing he would have little trouble holding items with his leaf fan hands.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'll admit Breloom is there for filler, and for those that want the boxing kangaroo shroom.

Swampert won't be forgotten either. Didn't want too many starters there. He's definitely my second favorite Water Starter.

Shiftry actually a good idea. The tree tengu would make for a good keep away character with wind atracks.

I'm guessing he would have little trouble holding items with his leaf fan hands.

I mean hey, Jigglypuff and Kirby have no fingers, so a leaf fan should be fine. :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I have no problems with Breloom whatsoever (He helped a lot with the Elite 4), but I would take Swampert over him any day. At least he's swole as ****.

So Shiftry and Swampert are sexy? :troll:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
D

Deleted member

I have no problems with Breloom whatsoever (He helped a lot with the Elite 4), but I would take Swampert over him any day. At least he's swole as ****.

So Shiftry and Swampert are sexy? :troll:

.....you literally just said Swampert was swole as ****.
So you answered your own question, there. :p

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Goddamn
this genuinely hurts my soul
Kind of a misleading statistic.

Superhero films were still largely considered pretty bad when the MCU first debuted. The first Iron Man did phenomenally, but it was later that the MCU and the genre in general picked up steam. If anything the DCEU benefitted from the MCU helping the public perception of superhero films.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Kind of a misleading statistic.

Superhero films were still largely considered pretty bad when the MCU first debuted. The first Iron Man did phenomenally, but it was later that the MCU and the genre in general picked up steam. If anything the DCEU benefitted from the MCU helping the public perception of superhero films.
That and DCEU has great advertising.

If the Superhero market was booming as it is now, I will guarantee that the first 2 Spider-Man movies from Sam Raimi would have did gangbusters

D

Deleted member

Goddamn
In all fairness, some things to keep in mind are:
1. When the MCU started, super hero movies weren't a juggernaut like they were now.
2. The marvel heroes weren't as popular as they are now(outside of the comic book fandom), especially if you don't count the hulk.
3. The DC movies came out DURING the huge super hero boom that is now.

Rock Howard.

Please let it be Rock
I think that Ash is more likely, but Rock would be cool too. Also, Ash is could easily be the green or blue one.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Goddamn
DCEU is post Avengers and the films have been about Batman, Superman and a few Batman villains.

I honestly hope there is a Persona 5 Arena game that has both p3 and p4 characters

Also a Persona q game that has persona 5. Atlus please
I just want to see Elizabeth get her own game to do with the Journey she starts in the Arena games.

D

Deleted member

Just watched the newest episode of Star Wars Rebels (I started watching that show about 2 weeks ago)
It was actually pretty interesting to see Sabine's interactions with her family. Sabine obviously got alot of screen time, which is good in my book because I really like Sabine.
I noticed some possible references to Revenge of the Sith, such as when Saxon says that Clan Wren will be taken care of (Which is pretty much exactly what Darth Sidious said to Gunray before sending Vader to kill him and the rest of the separatist leaders) and the end of the duel between Sabine and Saxon (She cuts his arm off and then holds both lightsabers to his throat, which is similar to Anakin vs Dooku)
It's sad that Sabine is staying on Mandalore, but it's pretty much guaranteed that she will return at some point so no biggie.
Overall, it was a really good episode. Still looking forward to Obi-Wan vs Maul though.
-----

You don't appear to liek mudkipz.
Out of these four, I chose Breloom, but I think Gardevoir would be my choice for Gen 3 Pokemon,

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Goddamn
Well I mean their first movies involved Superman and Batman which I feel are more popular than most of Marvels characters outside of Spiderman and X-Men.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Goddamn
Well I mean their first movies involved Superman and Batman which I feel are more popular than most of Marvels characters outside of Spiderman and X-Men.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Finally beat propeller Knight and Flying Machine in PoS. Took forever to do it....yeesh.Those peple who said it was hard weren't kidding....
Going through Clockwork Tower now, got 3 of the 4 checkpoints down. If the Shovel Knight version is any indication with Throwing Anchors, then I'm betting the Tinker Tank is going to be incredibly easy with Plague Knight, especially with Lob cast component bombs, and Big Booms.
Idea I just had: DFo I have to fight Black Knight a 3rd time in PoS? Because if so, then the above bombs and arcana will be very helpful against his bird form, same goes for The Enchantress, I hope.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Goddamn
Like a lot of others have said, the economy surrounding superhero films were very different. At that time, only the Spider-Man and Batman films were hugely successful, but most people didn't like SM3 anyway since it was too goofy, even compared to the other films. Marvel's own films are still impressive considering that they didn't use Spider-Man and X-Men, which were the biggest franchises for them. Obviously, Spider-Man is still huge for them, he's the main mascot, and is the only hero to outsell Batman in terms of merch. X-men has faded a bit in recent years, with Marvel themselves to blame since they wanted more cash. They are business after all.

Having that success with Iron Man was impressive to say the least. DC was able to get "only" 2 billion(still damn good), but in a much friendlier environment for hero films using two of their biggest IPs. Had they done so with Flash or Green Lantern, that would be comparatively more impressive.

That said, he's likely right in that it isn't going anywhere. Even if they are in second place compared to Marvel(financially anyhow), they are still very successful films.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Eiji Aonuma speaking Dutch is so surreal despite the thick accent
And I'm still gonna play in English, so this ultimately means nothing to me
I have a friend at school and she speaks Dutch.

I think the most surreal part is how different they sound, mostly with the way their voices flow when they speak.

Said friend also happens to sound really cute when she speaks dutch too, but that's me going off on a tangent.

:p

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
So the new scans for the Pokémon anime have confirmed a new capture for Ash:

Most likely Kukui's Rockruff will join him on next week's episode, but his first trainer battle won't happen until three episodes later (aka the episode shown on this scan)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A friend told me that Etika made a tweet that he later deleted saying that the dude who leaked Switch stuff may have been caught by the Nintendo Ninjas.

Maybe, but regardless...

F.
I doubt it cause:

1) Etika

2) Why confiscate the Switch? He can only upload the freaking ui. That's like if You took a coloring book from a child when he just wanted to show you his work. It's pointless, and I don't think they care about UI images leaking. Now if he had zelda...

The whoo boy he would have had to move to a different country.

Most likely Kukui's Rockruff will join him on next week's episode, but his first trainer battle won't happen until three episodes later (aka the episode shown on this scan)
YES! I was hoping he'd get Rockruff, and I had a feeling he could get it next week. Ash will likely travel the region, so I think Kukui will look at their bond and give it to Ash so it can travel the region with someone he knows will take care of it.

Hope it becomes lycanroc midnight.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I'm sorry but what the **** is that face in the top left? :p

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
2) Why confiscate the Switch? He can only upload the freaking ui. That's like if You took a coloring book from a child when he just wanted to show you his work. It's pointless, and I don't think they care about UI images leaking. Now if he had zelda...
I think there is an embargo on showing the switch from outside the box according to another tweet I saw of someone who got one also. And the dude did just that and some change so who knows

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Had they done so with Flash
Eh I think with the Flash it might not be as impressive because the character's been making a name for himself on TV so he has some exposure to general audiences.

and they have Tom Felton in the upcoming episode where they go to Gorilla City.
also Keith David voicing Solovar

upload_2017-2-18_20-2-16.png

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

Looks like that upcoming Rockruff episode is definitely going to be when Ash catches the Pokemon.

Looking back at it, it makes sense Ash would catch it. The two have been developing quite a bond with these past few episodes.

I'm hoping it will eventually evolve into Midday Lycanroc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom