• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Eh I think with the Flash it might not be as impressive because the character's been making a name for himself on TV so he has some exposure to general audiences.

and they have Tom Felton in the upcoming episode where they go to Gorilla City.
also Keith David voicing Solovar

View attachment 126275

Say what you will about the newer animation style of the show, but I find the new expression really entertaining of very dynamic. It breathes life into the show it probably would not have. Plus we got gems like these.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think there is an embargo on showing the switch from outside the box according to another tweet I saw of someone who got one also. And the dude did just that and some change so who knows
He'd have to be press then, as the embargo technically wouldn't affect a regular person.

To be fair, they showed most of their face in the reflections of their phone so it shouldn't have been hard to find them.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Does anyone here live outside the U.S. and have a non-English version of Sun & Moon? I'm trying to breed a good Mareanie, but also have the Masuda Method in the breeding. I'm looking for a foreign male Mareanie with a bold nature. I'd be willing to trade someone a male bold Mareanie with an Everstone (which passes down nature), so they can just breed me one in their game and then trade it to me.

Can anyone help me out?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Without addressing the leafy lizard in the room, choose whichever Gen 3 Pokémon you want.
Deoxys. Was always my favorite choice of them all to be added in. Has a lot of unique options for how to fight due to its various modes.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Goddamn
this genuinely hurts my soul
That number is insanely misrepresented if you say 'Money made from last 3 MCU vs DCEU movies' compare the numbers then and it's rather pathetic, even with Ant-Man not doing as well as most others.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
God damn, this UI slick as ****! I need this~!

Everything about the Switch's design is so slick and modern. Then you look at the Wii U and it feels like a cheap, pharmacy toy.

Why am I more hype for a UI than games?
Yeah; the Switch looks so simplistic in all of its aspects, but that's what makes a lot of people (including me) interested about it!

Because the UI of the Switch is secretly meant to be what attracts fans? Maybe this was Nintendo's plan from the very beginning? :p

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Does anyone here live outside the U.S. and have a non-English version of Sun & Moon? I'm trying to breed a good Mareanie, but also have the Masuda Method in the breeding. I'm looking for a foreign male Mareanie with a bold nature. I'd be willing to trade someone a male bold Mareanie with an Everstone (which passes down nature), so they can just breed me one in their game and then trade it to me.

Can anyone help me out?
Sorry, I dont :< I live in the states

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Yeah; the Switch looks so simplistic in all of its aspects, but that's what makes a lot of people (including me) interested about it!

Because the UI of the Switch is secretly meant to be what attracts fans? Maybe this was Nintendo's plan from the very beginning? :p
I'm just a fan of really appealing UI. It shouldn't be enough to sell someone on something, since UI is just one part of a larger package, but at the same time, I think people really take good UI for granted.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
MattPatt posted a video about how Gaster is Sans and Papyrus

But, I do wonder

He says that the two people Gaster are talking to are Sans and Alphys

But, I mean...How could Gaster talk to Sans if he is Sans?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So what you guys had for lunch today

I'm having Mexican with the Asado de Puerco as the main dish

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Fried chicken and juice. Quite the stereotypical lunch isn't it?

Speaking of chicken...

Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhh boooooooooooi!

Speaking of chicken...

RIP sceptile

But, I do wonder

so Ness is gaster? :troll:
:061:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

But, I do wonder

I guess it does not make any sans?

I'm sorry that's all I could think of

This

Last edited:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

Picked some really nice burgers from a local place from around here. Nothing fancy. Just cheese and grilled onions.

I had minced meat soup.

Speaking of chicken...

Looks like the Sceptile's support is dead.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They are releasing TMNT toys as pro wrestlers, and I only recognize 3 of them

Donetello as Ultimate Warrior
Raph as the Rock

And Mikey as Roddy Piper, who I know mostly from "They Live"

But I have no idea who "Finn Balor" is

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
They are releasing TMNT toys as pro wrestlers, and I only recognize 3 of them

Donetello as Ultimate Warrior
Raph as the Rock

And Mikey as Roddy Piper, who I know mostly from "They Live"

But I have no idea who "Finn Balor" is
That's based on Finn Balor.

That said, didn't they say he was supposed to be back in February or March

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Arlo brings up an interesting point with the Switch's launch being more of a "soft" launch. He also gives some comparisons to the 3D's launch.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
God damn, this UI slick as ****! I need this~!

Everything about the Switch's design is so slick and modern. Then you look at the Wii U and it feels like a cheap, pharmacy toy.

Why am I more hype for a UI than games?
It's a REALLY good UI. Like, utterly cravingly amazingly good.

That and people haven't really been pouring coal into the hype train like they do for Smash and Pokemon with the Switch games announced right now.

I imagine once someone gets Zelda early there will be a bit more excitement though, LOL. People complain about knowing too much about games before they release and BotW in particular has an exploration factor, so it's actually a pretty good thing that they've kept it under wraps this long, but it's going to be exciting knowing more than bits and pieces about the game that lies beyond the tutorial area. There's all sorts of things that we either likely haven't even seen or have only seen tiny glimpses of that I want to see. Heck, a single word in the ESRB rating let slip something that has me curious and hyped combined with what we know, even if it's a relatively small detail.

On the other hand, for those satisfied with their Wii U systems, they can probably wait a few months while the people who are actually sold on early adopting scoop up the first shipment or two and then watch E3 with Splatoon 2 hopefully releasing not too long after that.

If peeps think Splatoon 2 is a port, there's a chance they haven't played Splatoon. There's a ton of both subtle and not-so-subtle new additions, some of which go down to the mechanics of the game, and the whole package has just generally been prettied up a bit (although they're going to prioritize 60 FPS over any graphics as stated in an interview, which I'm sure many people will also be happy about). Plus, there seems to be an overall sense of them not showing their full hand with the game this far back. Squid Research Lab still has a lot of research to do. Early adopter Switch owners I would recommend trying to get into the server stress test for Splatoon 2 later in March, otherwise hopefully they'll have another Testfire later down the road when the Switch has a larger population of players.

Splatoon is good stuff, though. *woomy intensifies*

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
You guys see the new Kingdom Hearts III and FInal Fantasy VII Remake screenshots?

I'm really curious as to how they'll implement ATB in a real time game. One theory I heard mentioned that as you used a character the ATB would slowly decrease and when empty you'll have to swap to another character. I'd assume under that theory, the AI would then take control and move away from danger. Would be pretty dumb if you had to move them away yourself.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The new Gen 3 poll is up and the Gardevior fandom already came at full force. lol

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
It's a REALLY good UI. Like, utterly cravingly amazingly good.

That and people haven't really been pouring coal into the hype train like they do for Smash and Pokemon with the Switch games announced right now.

I imagine once someone gets Zelda early there will be a bit more excitement though, LOL. People complain about knowing too much about games before they release and BotW in particular has an exploration factor, so it's actually a pretty good thing that they've kept it under wraps this long, but it's going to be exciting knowing more than bits and pieces about the game that lies beyond the tutorial area. There's all sorts of things that we either likely haven't even seen or have only seen tiny glimpses of that I want to see. Heck, a single word in the ESRB rating let slip something that has me curious and hyped combined with what we know, even if it's a relatively small detail.

On the other hand, for those satisfied with their Wii U systems, they can probably wait a few months while the people who are actually sold on early adopting scoop up the first shipment or two and then watch E3 with Splatoon 2 hopefully releasing not too long after that.

If peeps think Splatoon 2 is a port, there's a chance they haven't played Splatoon. There's a ton of both subtle and not-so-subtle new additions, some of which go down to the mechanics of the game, and the whole package has just generally been prettied up a bit (although they're going to prioritize 60 FPS over any graphics as stated in an interview, which I'm sure many people will also be happy about). Plus, there seems to be an overall sense of them not showing their full hand with the game this far back. Squid Research Lab still has a lot of research to do. Early adopter Switch owners I would recommend trying to get into the server stress test for Splatoon 2 later in March, otherwise hopefully they'll have another Testfire later down the road when the Switch has a larger population of players.

Splatoon is good stuff, though. *woomy intensifies*
Can you really blame people for thinking Splatoon 2 is a port of the original? Even if it is a sequel, it still looks a lot like the original, it feels like a Wii U game with added/changed content. Not that that's a bad thing, but for a new console, there will be people turned off from it. There's plenty of games that have released on last gen and current gen hardware that have a much more noticeable difference even if it's just in the visual department.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The new Gen 3 poll is up and the Gardevior fandom already came at full force. lol

Gardevior is popular for two big reasons.

Her good Special Attack and cuteness (though male Gardeviors are a thing).

I went with Swampert because he's too swole to be ignored.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You guys see the new Kingdom Hearts III and FInal Fantasy VII Remake screenshots?

I'm really curious as to how they'll implement ATB in a real time game. One theory I heard mentioned that as you used a character the ATB would slowly decrease and when empty you'll have to swap to another character. I'd assume under that theory, the AI would then take control and move away from danger. Would be pretty dumb if you had to move them away yourself.
Damn both look good. Sora's also got a new outfit there. I like the vest look it has. The enemies he's fighting are neat to. Could be a boss enemy in world 1.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now thinking about Ash's next capture:
What if it's not kukui's rockruff? Maybe they go to the place where the rockruffs go to evolve and Kukui suggests Ash catch a wild one there due to his bond with his rockruff. Ash does and that's how he gets it. Maybe it wants to evolve but doesn't have the ability to yet and so it joins Ash?

It's possible, but I still feel the setup leads to Ash getting Kukui's

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Can you really blame people for thinking Splatoon 2 is a port of the original? Even if it is a sequel, it still looks a lot like the original, it feels like a Wii U game with added/changed content. Not that that's a bad thing, but for a new console, there will be people turned off from it. There's plenty of games that have released on last gen and current gen hardware that have a much more noticeable difference even if it's just in the visual department.
To an extent I would say that's a credit to how good Splatoon's artstyle was in the first place and the fact that they've maintained the exact same artstyle for the sequel. The difference actually is quite noticeable if you actually put the games side by side instead of working off of memory, though.

The trees have had a large detail boost, and the ink now varies in thickness when splatted onto the ground. There are a lot smaller and finer grass details scattered around in Splatoon 2 as well.

If people haven't played Splatoon yet to compare, then it's not like they've invested money in the first one anyway, so they haven't been "ripped off" by getting the original and even a "port" should be fine. If a current Splatoon player doesn't see it worth upgrading to for whatever reason, they'll still have their Wii U servers for a while if they want them, but they should be in more of a position to see what's added by the time they share everything to know for sure whether or not it's worth their time. If someone simply doesn't like Splatoon games, then whether or not it's a port doesn't really concern them in the first place and if anything they'd have more reason to be happy if it had been since more work could have gone into Animal Crossing faster in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom