• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
reminder the plot of yooka laylee is the villain draind the fun out of the worlds and as you play the game you add more to the worlds
So this dude is the final boss?

:troll:

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This is Sony we're talking about here, so...

I mean, that's expecting a lot from them, isn't it?
I expect Sony to at least have the decency to let the Switch come out first.

Like, that's not even remotely unique.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Don't you just hate it when there are ties that can't be broken?

Or is it OCD that's taking over?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
@Erureido, I know it's a bit hard for me to give true votes since it's been a while since I played Fates, but from the cast of both Hoshido and Nohr, I voted for Kaze and Arthur. Arthur's design and hamminess make him quite an entertaining character in general, and the character I intend to ship Fem!Corrin with when I start Conquest again. Kaze seems to be a stalwart ally to Corrin, and from his supports I've seen, he's a pretty nice guy to the other members of the army.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Question Time:
Does anybody here have used Paypal in the past?
If yes, then I hve noe question. It is possible to send money to someone from another country without needing to "verified" my account?
Because I just have done a commision on DevienART to someone, and I want to be sure to able to pay him at all cost.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You lot seen this yet?
https://vid.me/lXIP

More than I was expecting! But really I'm just happy we don't have to use the tired old Mii yet again. I would rather have an icon from almost any other Nintendo series, let's be honest. Funny that Nintendo didn't even want to bother with their non-in-house first-parties like Kirby or FE, but I'm sure they'll come.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
In light of FE: Fates' 1st year American anniversary this Sunday, It's time for the next Fates polls! I'll be giving two polls at the same time since both are counterparts to each other.

Poll #1: Who is your favorite 1st generation playable Hoshidan (not counting the royals)? Answer in the Strawpoll via the link below:

http://www.strawpoll.me/12353823

My choice went to Oboro. The reasons why I picked her:
  • One of the few characters in Fates who doesn't let her gimmick dictate how she speaks. She also shows some nice variety in her supports (many of which are enjoyable).
  • Her crush on Takumi is cute and not obsessive, unlike how Tharja and Cordelia were handled last game. I also like the dynamic she has with Takumi and Hinata.
  • She has a good taste in fashion. Definitely the person to turn to if you ever need that cool prom/fancy ball event.
  • I love her design, and she has a nice voice.
  • Though she is racist against Nohrians due to her backstory, she does show maturity and knows when she can't let those feelings get the best of her. This is best seen in her supports with Silas and Beruka, both of which are among my favorite support convos in Fates. I'd say she experiences some great development as a character.
  • She was one of my best units in my Birthright and Revelation playthroughs. She never died, and she could take on any foe thanks to the Guard Naginata and Waterwheel capitalizing on her tanky abilities. You could say she was basically my best tank.
Honorable mentions:
-Kaden (he's hilarious and kind, I can relate to his narcissistic and "repay a debt" attitude, fun support convos, and a cool design),
-Hinata (I love his bro + playful puppy attitude, he's perceptive of people's emotions and knows what advice to give, has pretty good supports IMO (especially with Hinoka and Felicia), great friendship dynamic with Takumi and Oboro, and he knows when to improve needed)
-Saizo (one of the few characters who doesn't kiss Corrin's feet from the get-go (and for percectly good reasons to), has a memorable dorky side to him, has a realistic revenge goal with Kotaro, and nice supports overall; definitely the most interesting character of the ninja trio IMO),
-Azama (I find him funny)
-Kagero (nice backstory, best ninja in battle, and a cool art hobby; she may be bad at art, but I like how she still enjoys it nonetheless).

I predict Oboro or Kaze will win this poll since both are generally the most popular Hoshidans, but we'll see.

Poll #2: Who is your favorite 1st generation playable Nohrian (not counting the royals)? Answer in the Strawpoll via the link below:

http://www.strawpoll.me/12353840

My choice went to Laslow. The reasons why I picked him:
  • I'm a sucker for shy characters, and Laslow is no exception. I remember him from Awakening, and the reason he started flirting in the first place was because his mother, Olivia, suggested he talk to girls in order to overcome his shyness. I thought it was a pretty sweet backstory detail to him.
  • He's the only one of the returning Awakening trio that really matured the most. Back in Awakening, he was childish when approaching woman, sometimes complaining when he isn't allowed to flirt (his S Support with Cynthia was a notorious example). Now, he doesn't whine about his restrictions. What really shows his maturity though is through the ways he gives advice. In his supports with characters like Mozu and Peri (as well as Xander in the Conquest Drama CDs), you can tell he's been through a lot and knows when to be a voice of reason.
  • I love how he emphasizes how smiles can make a difference in one's life.
  • Great dynamic with Xander.
Honorable mentions:
-Arthur (he's a meh unit, but his personality is highly memorable)
-Charlotte (she's funny and has a sympathizable backstory, not to mention she's an awesome unit with memorable quotes)
-Niles (cool backstory, decent unit, and has a memorable personality combined with nice supports overall)
-Benny (I can relate to his love for nature, and I like gentle giants. He's a good tank too)
-Scarlet (best Wyvern Lord; she's just brimming with an upbeat and optimistic personality, and she's a solid unit too)

I predict Niles, Odin, Arthur, or Charlotte will win this poll since all four are generally popular, but we'll see.
I voted Oboro and Silas.

I know I had a Hana avatar at one point, but Oboro is a far, far deeper character, and easily my favourite now. Her backstory is moving and it only gets better when you have her support Beruka and Silas.

Yes, I supported Beruka/Oboro to A+ and married Oboro to Silas. Felt really heartwarming.

As for Silas, I already said that I sort of identify with his unshakeable optimism and his goody-two-shoes nature. That might seem bland, but I found it refreshing tbh. And it's not like everyone cheers him on for it either. Jakob and Beruka are pretty sceptical of it. Don't really care for his devotion to Corrin though. That doesn't really add much. He also looks like Apollo Justice from up front

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I'm not sure how much space will it take if you buy the physical copy...
Chances are it won't take up any space if.you go physical. However, if someone is going digital, this can become an issue. They need the space to buy more games, or else the Switch is no good.
You lot seen this yet?

More than I was expecting! But really I'm just happy we don't have to use the tired old Mii yet again. I would rather have an icon from almost any other Nintendo series, let's be honest. Funny that Nintendo didn't even want to bother with their non-in-house first-parties like Kirby or FE, but I'm sure they'll come.
Gave your post a like cause I saw Miis in it.

Then I actually read your post. Shame on you :4mii:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
My stomach has felt weird for the past few game hours and it's making me have a hard time falling asleep. Do you guys have any advice for calming it down? :(

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Gave your post a like cause I saw Miis in it.

Then I actually read your post. Shame on you :4mii:
Haha, fair enough. It's not like they aren't still there should you, for some reason, want that to be your icon. :p

But personally I'm super glad I don't have to rock a Mii anymore. They were fun for a bit, but the last time I cared about Miis was almost ten years ago at this point, wow.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wouldn't mind Mii's so much if I could make my mii's head into a giant eyeball

But alas, I have a mii that's a giant eyeball head and with the limitations of a mii it isn't that great

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Just watched the Switch unboxing video in full HD.
That thing is the definition of slick.
Im 50/50 with the simple UI but I like the fact Miis are dropped for the profile stuff.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I expect Sony to at least have the decency to let the Switch come out first.

Like, that's not even remotely unique.
I figured they'd at least attempted to learn. Apparently not.

What's their strategy here? Make it as similar to the Switch as they legally can, while advertising it as the cool mainstream version teenagers can buy without their street cred taking a hit for playing a "kiddie Nintendo" system?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I figured they'd at least attempted to learn. Apparently not.

What's their strategy here? Make it as similar to the Switch as they legally can, while advertising it as the cool mainstream version teenagers can buy without their street cred taking a hit for playing a "kiddie Nintendo" system?
Probably an attempt to do what Nintendo did but better.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Everybody copies everybody when there's profit to be made.

Didn't people just finish being riled up over Zelda's season pass? Nintendo weren't the first ones to come up with that idea...

I don't care if Sony wants to ape this gimmick. That's business. Obviously it means they see potential in it. Hopefully that translates to success for the Switch, it will be the first on the market. And if nothing else Nintendo does still seem to have a grasp on how the portable market works.

Plus if we get portable PS4 games, why is that a bad thing? If anything the Switch would probably get a few more ports out of all this.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The Vita is being neglected again smh
As was the information presented to me, I'm assuming this is copying the Switch's gimmick and not just a dedicated handheld like the Vita.

Sony wouldn't have to neglect any console if it had a unified library.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm talking about Vita and PS4 games, because of how Gravity Rush is on both c^:
Yep, gotta try to salvage your games on your sinking ship of a console by bringing them to the one that's still afloat.

Yet another tactic both Nintendo and Sony share. Cuz business.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well... I feel better now from earlier, but uh.... it required doing something that happens when you have stomach pain... :(

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
In today's weird crossover news.

Your favorite DC Comics characters and... Looney Tunes.
Please. Justice League VS Power Rangers and Batman and TMNT is more ridiculous
Yep, gotta try to salvage your games on your sinking ship of a console by bringing them to the one that's still afloat.

Yet another tactic both Nintendo and Sony share. Cuz business.
let me make ****ty jokes dammit Q.Q

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
"they dropped the miis" litteraly has miis in the video showing off the profile pics and with multiple different poses for your mii

will say that plus the custom background colors for your profile pic will allow for a far more unique profile icons

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I hung out with this girl today, I took her to lunch

She broke my heart in the past. I'm not completely sure I can have the same kind of feelings I had then again.

I've been thinking all day about the really confusing feelings I've had today

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
There was a problem fetching the tweet
oh god, apparently the audio's ****ed too
"Hey I can't wait for Mighty No.9, it looks pretty good-"

*cue release*

"...Well, at least Yooka-Laylee is looking good."

*sees tweet*

...Bloodstained hype?

Seriously, if all three projects fail, then no one is going to trust kickstarter games in the future for a long time.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
*Sees a new Switch leak video on vid.me*

"Hey this is pretty good, I wonder what the comments have to say about it-"

View attachment 126201

"Is this the real life?..."
Just realized that this is the same guy. I thought he was done with obsessing over Daisy... but I guess that's my fault for thinking that.

You lot seen this yet?

Good to know I won't have to use Miis anymore. Those Squid Sister profiles look nice.
And colour backgrounds too, extra nice!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
*Sees a new Switch leak video on vid.me*

"Hey this is pretty good, I wonder what the comments have to say about it-"

View attachment 126201

"Is this the real life?..."
memoryman is the DIO of Smashboard I tell you. You think he is dead and BAM, he is back even after he was defeated!
Concerned Ora indeed.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Nah, he's ACDC instead of Dio, because he's a little *****
Wait, does that mean that memoryman actually possessed a old member to continue his activity even after he was dead?
Oh my god, this is becoming so intense right now.
SXqYTst.jpg

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Chances are it won't take up any space if.you go physical. However, if someone is going digital, this can become an issue. They need the space to buy more games, or else the Switch is no good.
I am gonna buy most games physical, and they may just have save data being save into the system memory. Also the updates.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh my God, Revelations. You finally managed to catch me off guard. Though I enjoyed the twist.

The scene where Gunter finally reveals himself as a villain.

The way how Corrin found out the contradiction in Gunter's story (or should I say testimony) felt like something straight out of Ace Attorney. :laugh: Gunter even looks like Manfred von Karma in that scene, damn. If only Corrin had yelled "Objection!". If only...

I should pat myself on the back for noticing the contradiction a couple of chapter earlier. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In light of FE: Fates' 1st year American anniversary this Sunday, It's time for the next Fates polls! I'll be giving two polls at the same time since both are counterparts to each other.

Poll #1: Who is your favorite 1st generation playable Hoshidan (not counting the royals)? Answer in the Strawpoll via the link below:

http://www.strawpoll.me/12353823

My choice went to Oboro. The reasons why I picked her:
  • One of the few characters in Fates who doesn't let her gimmick dictate how she speaks. She also shows some nice variety in her supports (many of which are enjoyable).
  • Her crush on Takumi is cute and not obsessive, unlike how Tharja and Cordelia were handled last game. I also like the dynamic she has with Takumi and Hinata.
  • She has a good taste in fashion. Definitely the person to turn to if you ever need that cool prom/fancy ball outfit.
  • I love her design, and she has a nice voice.
  • Though she is racist against Nohrians due to her backstory, she does show maturity and knows when she can't let those feelings get the best of her. This is best seen in her supports with Silas and Beruka, both of which are among my favorite support convos in Fates. I'd say she experiences some great development as a character.
  • She was one of my best units in my Birthright and Revelation playthroughs. She never died, and she could take on any foe thanks to the Guard Naginata and Waterwheel capitalizing on her tanky abilities. You could say she was basically my best tank.
Honorable mentions:
-Kaden (he's hilarious and kind, I can relate to his narcissistic and "repay a debt" attitude, fun support convos, and a cool design),
-Hinata (I love his bro + playful puppy attitude, he's perceptive of people's emotions and knows what advice to give, has pretty good supports IMO (especially with Hinoka and Felicia), great friendship dynamic with Takumi and Oboro, and he knows when to improve if necessary)
-Saizo (one of the few characters who doesn't kiss Corrin's feet from the get-go (and for perfectly good reasons too), has a memorable dorky side to him, has a realistic revenge goal with Kotaro, and nice supports overall; definitely the most interesting character of the ninja trio IMO),
-Azama (I find him funny)
-Kagero (nice backstory, best ninja in battle, and a cool art hobby; she may be bad at art, but I like how she still enjoys it nonetheless).

I predict Oboro or Kaze will win this poll since both are generally the most popular Hoshidans, but we'll see.

Poll #2: Who is your favorite 1st generation playable Nohrian (not counting the royals)? Answer in the Strawpoll via the link below:

http://www.strawpoll.me/12353840

My choice went to Laslow. The reasons why I picked him:
  • I'm a sucker for shy characters, and Laslow is no exception. I remember him from Awakening, and the reason he started flirting in the first place was because his mother, Olivia, suggested he talk to girls in order to overcome his shyness. I thought it was a pretty sweet backstory detail to him.
  • He's the only one of the returning Awakening trio that really matured the most. Back in Awakening, he was childish when approaching woman, sometimes complaining when he isn't allowed to flirt (his S Support with Cynthia was a notorious example). Now, he doesn't whine about his restrictions. What really shows his maturity though is through the ways he gives advice. In his supports with characters like Mozu and Peri (as well as Xander in the Conquest Drama CDs), you can tell he's been through a lot and knows when to be a voice of reason.
  • I love how he emphasizes how smiles can make a difference in one's life.
  • Great dynamic with Xander.
Honorable mentions:
-Arthur (he's a meh unit, but his personality is highly memorable)
-Charlotte (she's funny and has a sympathizable backstory, not to mention she's an awesome unit with memorable quotes)
-Niles (cool backstory, decent unit, and has a memorable personality combined with nice supports overall)
-Benny (I can relate to his love for nature, and I like gentle giants. He's a good tank too)
-Scarlet (best Wyvern Lord; she's just brimming with an upbeat and optimistic personality, and she's a solid unit too)

I predict Niles, Odin, Arthur, or Charlotte will win this poll since all four are generally popular, but we'll see.
Late to this but my votes are Shura and Benny
Hoshido was easy as Shura is my favorite first gen. Period. But Nohr was a little harder, I was between Niles, Jakob, Keaton and Benny but I went with Benny because he's literally the best Knight FE has ever seen and I feel like his tanking abilities surpass Keaton's offense. Jakob and Niles require some effort(Jakob really wants a Heart Seal and Niles can get Str screwed) while all Benny needs is not get doubled which becokes trivial after promotion
If you have a PC you could give the Trails in the Sky series a try

FC is over 10 years old so it doesn't exactly require a beast of a PC to run
I won't have much free time starting next week but I'll give it a try whenever I get the chance
"Hey I can't wait for Mighty No.9, it looks pretty good-"

*cue release*

"...Well, at least Yooka-Laylee is looking good."

*sees tweet*

...Bloodstained hype?

Seriously, if all three projects fail, then no one is going to trust kickstarter games in the future for a long time.
I trust Kickstarters because Shabtae and Shovel Knight
I prefer to look at the good stuff

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Just realized that this is the same guy. I thought he was done with obsessing over Daisy... but I guess that's my fault for thinking that.

Good to know I won't have to use Miis anymore. Those Squid Sister profiles look nice.
And colour backgrounds too, extra nice!
Done? Daisy could be added to Smash, get her set of spin-off titles, become Nintendo's new mascot, and he'll still obsess over her...

Seriously I see the dude in the comments section for every Nintendo related video on Youtube....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom